• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cultural Settlements Feedback

DeletedUser26293

If the strategy involved to be successful is too complicated for you, just don't play that portion of the game. You'll be exactly where you were two days ago but with a ship on your map now, just ignore it.
So.... I see.... Ok ... Got it... That was easy. ... EXcept it sits there staring at me every day saying, I am a stupid addition to the game, put in to get more money from players because there is no way to put down the buildings needed, to put down the buildings. I gotta have a whole square full of just the handshakers so where am i supposed to put the villagers, let alone the Everything Else? Oh! I know! I will pay diamonds to expand my city so that I can meet the requirements so that in the end everything I did just disappears and I have to start over again on the whole stupid thing again. That is, of course, if I COULD put in more buildings to meet the requirements needed to put in more buildings to finish the quest. Dang... idiots only, believe anything like this could be anything BUT what it is. ... smh

DeletedUser31440

So.... I see.... Ok ... Got it... That was easy. ... EXcept it sits there staring at me every day saying, I am a stupid addition to the game, put in to get more money from players because there is no way to put down the buildings needed, to put down the buildings. I gotta have a whole square full of just the handshakers so where am i supposed to put the villagers, let alone the Everything Else? Oh! I know! I will pay diamonds to expand my city so that I can meet the requirements so that in the end everything I did just disappears and I have to start over again on the whole stupid thing again. That is, of course, if I COULD put in more buildings to meet the requirements needed to put in more buildings to finish the quest. Dang... idiots only, believe anything like this could be anything BUT what it is. ... smh

I'm playing it and have had no desire or inclination to spend diamonds. Right now I'm enjoying the challenge presented by the impediments and balancing between making goods, copper, and diplomacy. IMHO it makes me shake my head when someone jumps straight to the conclusion that the only solution to a problem is diamonds because their unable to figure out how to proceed. Stop, look at what is available to you, think outside the box if necessary, and beat it with your ability to solve puzzles/overcome obstacles. Throwing a tantrum isn't going to do you any good besides make people that read your comments shake their heads at your inability to solve a puzzle, either that or you're going to be an echo-chamber of their own inadequacies.

Edit: Grammars needed fixin'.

Emberguard

I keep seeing this,,, build more buildings to get what you need, to build more buildings. ... Exactly where are we supposed to build these buildings, being as you cant build the building without the requirements; and you cant meet the requirements without expanding or .... or??? or what?! there are no options to build more because there are no ooptions to come up with the REQUIREMENTS to BUILD THE DAMN BUILDINGS!!!!!! Dang! are you listening? Did you play the game? Do you have ANY IDEA what it is you're even talking about when you say,,,, JUST build more buildings! .... smh
Delete roads. Build runestones. Not enough? Trim buildings, build diplomacy stuff.

Problem solved. Unlock tech, delete runestones and restore town

DeletedUser

Settlements require a different mindset when it comes to buildings. At least in the beginning the best strategy seems to involve building, selling, building something else, selling, build the first kind again, and so on. It's definitely an adjustment from the regular part of the game.

DeletedUser30900

Settlements require a different mindset when it comes to buildings. At least in the beginning the best strategy seems to involve building, selling, building something else, selling, build the first kind again, and so on. It's definitely an adjustment from the regular part of the game.
you mean a little intelligence, right?

DeletedUser37581

Why do so many people insist this is nothing more than a money grab by Inno? It is easily possible to complete the Settlement before the first deadline and reap maximum rewards without the use of diamonds.

DeletedUser31427

@Devs - could you add the message centre to the viking settlement so we don't need to return to the city to keep up conversations with people? Please and thanks.

RazorbackPirate

You know, this used to be a really good game. One I recommended to younger kids having trouble taking an interest in history; because it got ME interested and I really hated history in High School. What the hell has happened to you people? For like the past year, every event and every new thing introduced is more and more just plain OBVIOUS Diamond Mining. ... Dang! I have just rage quit your stupid Viking game for the second time! Who came up with the requirements? Did they bother to check it out and see if it would work for a normal average player without a ton of money to spend on diamonds? Why? is it that EVERYTHING you do now a days pretty much DEMANDS the use of diamonds if one wants anything good out of it? ... SMH!!! ... I will not spend another DIME on this game, tho I just did spend a bunch of diamonds on the winter building. Another case in point. Keep it up! You're gonna lose a lotta loyal players, if you keep on in this greedy ridiculous vein.
I'm not sure what game you're playing, but it's certainly NOT the game I've been playing. The only thing I've ever bought diamonds for was to get a second ship. Any other diamonds spent anywhere else in the game, I got for free from GE. If others want to spend real money to get multiple, multiples of good stuff they like, what's it to me?

I've earned all the good stuff from all the events all last year for free. If you've had to spend diamonds to get anything good out of the game, it ain't the game. Sorry. Rage quit if you need to, but it's not Inno, I'm playing the Vikings for free.

I'm also looking forward to learning more about Norse culture. Especially, what's up with the Yggdrasil Tree. Looking forward to Egyptians too. Been there for real and have seen the ruins, can't wait to build up some settlements.
I keep seeing this,,, build more buildings to get what you need, to build more buildings. ... Exactly where are we supposed to build these buildings, being as you cant build the building without the requirements; and you cant meet the requirements without expanding or .... or??? or what?! there are no options to build more because there are no ooptions to come up with the REQUIREMENTS to BUILD THE DAMN BUILDINGS!!!!!! Dang! are you listening? Did you play the game? Do you have ANY IDEA what it is you're even talking about when you say,,,, JUST build more buildings! .... smh
I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about. So far, Settlements has been about as challenging as starting a new city and getting it out of the weeds.
Lol.
I'm playing it and have had no desire or inclination to spend diamonds. Right now I'm enjoying the challenge presented by the impediments and balancing between making goods, copper, and diplomacy. IMHO it makes me shake my head when someone jumps straight to the conclusion that the only solution to a problem is diamonds because their unable to figure out how to proceed. Stop, look at what is available to you, think outside the box if necessary, and beat it with your ability to solve puzzles/overcome obstacles. Throwing a tantrum isn't going to do you any good besides make people that read your comments shake their heads at your inability to solve a puzzle, either that or you're going to be an echo-chamber of their own inadequacies.
There you go @Ozyman making sense again.

I already see plenty of help on Settlements all over the forum. If you can get past yourself for a minute, you might find you some.

Last edited:

DeletedUser9195

Really?!?! Like we need yet ANOTHER time sink??? A game within a game? Who's inane idea was this?

I tried it for 1 day then quit - no thanks. Completely bored and quite frankly do not have the time to waste on this game. INNO has made this game an unpaid job and unenjoyable with endless "new features" and so-called "special" events (hint - when you have one every other week - they cease to be "special"). 7 months to finish one game??? 8 hours for 10 axes??? Really??? Don't think so.

How about that button to AID ALL FRIENDS and to AID ENTIRE GUILD??? Free up some time that is lost?? And less click click click. Ever listen to these suggestions from players? No. I thought not as it has been requested for years and yet nothing has been done about it. No need to request a button to sit at all available taverns then.

Agent327

You know, this used to be a really good game. One I recommended to younger kids having trouble taking an interest in history; because it got ME interested and I really hated history in High School.

If you need this game to learn history, you will not learn a thing. It is inaccurate and one sided.

What the hell has happened to you people? For like the past year, every event and every new thing introduced is more and more just plain OBVIOUS Diamond Mining. ... Dang! I have just rage quit your stupid Viking game for the second time! Who came up with the requirements? Did they bother to check it out and see if it would work for a normal average player without a ton of money to spend on diamonds? Why? is it that EVERYTHING you do now a days pretty much DEMANDS the use of diamonds if one wants anything good out of it? ... SMH!!! ... I will not spend another DIME on this game, tho I just did spend a bunch of diamonds on the winter building. Another case in point. Keep it up! You're gonna lose a lotta loyal players, if you keep on in this greedy ridiculous vein.

Settlements work for normal players. Nobody needs to use diamonds. Only reason they might lose players is cause those plyers do not understand it anyhow. Not a big loss.

Agent327

How about that button to AID ALL FRIENDS and to AID ENTIRE GUILD??? Free up some time that is lost?? And less click click click. Ever listen to these suggestions from players? No. I thought not as it has been requested for years and yet nothing has been done about it. No need to request a button to sit at all available taverns then.

I am really glad they don't. Lazy and incidental players should not be rewarded.

DeletedUser36100

I am a camper in the early tree of IA, and I don't have Plowing unlocked. So I am unable to play this feature right now. I'll keep an eye on how this evolves, and maybe play whenever I advance further.