• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cultural Settlements Feedback

DeletedUser33553

OK, Meadery gives 3% chance of 4x goods collection. Is this cumulative, 2x Meadery = 6% chance? And does it apply just to Viking Settlement or also to your real city?

DeletedUser15539

Really?!?! Like we need yet ANOTHER time sink??? A game within a game? Who's inane idea was this?

I tried it for 1 day then quit - no thanks. Completely bored and quite frankly do not have the time to waste on this game. INNO has made this game an unpaid job and unenjoyable with endless "new features" and so-called "special" events (hint - when you have one every other week - they cease to be "special"). 7 months to finish one game??? 8 hours for 10 axes??? Really??? Don't think so.

How about that button to AID ALL FRIENDS and to AID ENTIRE GUILD??? Free up some time that is lost?? And less click click click. Ever listen to these suggestions from players? No. I thought not as it has been requested for years and yet nothing has been done about it. No need to request a button to sit at all available taverns then.
Does everything in the game have to apply to everyone? How about playing only those parts that appeal to you, and ignore the rest (until you have to for advancement )?

DeletedUser15539

They are quitting because they are seeing the game taking a "wrong" direction. A lot of gamers have an OCD side that makes them HAVE to do everything and multiple settlements will mean more time than they can afford.
As opposed to all of the options that real life gives you every day?

DeletedUser32328

OK, Meadery gives 3% chance of 4x goods collection. Is this cumulative, 2x Meadery = 6% chance? And does it apply just to Viking Settlement or also to your real city?

- To my knowledge it means you have a 3% chance that your production will be quadrupled for every production. So if you have 2 Mead Breweries with finished productions you have twice the chance for a 3% bonus (which will increase when you finish settlements and start new ones)
- This only applies to the settlement.

RazorbackPirate

Every settlement goods building gives you a 3% chance of 4x the production each collection for the FIRST settlement. With each subsequent settlement, that percentage will increase by 1.5%, up to a maximum of 25% from the 15th settlement onward.

DeletedUser27046

Cogitate if you must, but the information you seek is below. (the chart at the bottom)
Had read though that page and chart the other day, just didn't realise that using one good would be effecting the others in the expansions chart. But I got it now, don't like it, but I got it, :) thanks Razor

DeletedUser

Note well, I've tried to avoid Settlement spoilers, may not have been paying attention, running a vintage 2001 XP PC runninb obsolete Chrome, didn;t see this problem in in this thread or in the bugs forum and may well be more of a drooling idiot then I normally am.

Last night collected and reset productions in Settlement, built a hut, watched it start, backed out of FoE to the play screen and went to bed.

Wake up cuppa tea, back to Rugnir, back to Settlement, and everything is ready to collect accept the hut. How long to collect? 7 Hours 59 Minutes and some odd seconds? Shut down Browser, log back in and 7h58m.

Drop expansion reshuffle buildings, 7h57m.

Build a new hut, shut down FoE, check new hut 55 minutes to complete. Shut down FoE. WOOPS! , shoulda just backed out to Play screen.

Waiting now to see what happens.

2 hours later and... Log into Rugnir go to Settlement, new hut needs 7jh59m to collect.

I have no idea if it' my stone knives and bear skins computer, me or what.

One more more experiment, build a shack, check it started, bail, wait 30 minutes and...

Sigh. For me at least, new buildings that hasn't completed do not complete until the next time I go to the settlement.

One more experiment? Rebuild the shack,. back ouy yo the city, durdle in the city for 15 minutes, go back and check the shack and 3h59m.

Mu cruddy computer? Something in the game, bug or intentional? Anyone else see this?

Takes a\only a couple minutes to check if anyone wants to verify. Build a shack, building, back out of the settlement before it completes, check the settlement and see how long until the shack collects.

Sure hoping it's just me.
That's the way residential buildings work. In the regular game, too. It's most noticeable early when you get past the stuff that only takes 10 minutes or less to build. Try this in your regular city: Start a house from an early age that takes less than an hour to complete. Leave that city for an hour or a little more, then go back in and see what the time to collect is. I'll bet it's the full amount less a few seconds. I noticed this long ago with regular residential buildings. It's not noticeable with special/event/premium residentials because they only take seconds to completely build rather than minutes or hours like regular residentials.

Algona

That's the way residential buildings work. In the regular game, too. It's most noticeable early when you get past the stuff that only takes 10 minutes or less to build. Try this in your regular city: Start a house from an early age that takes less than an hour to complete. Leave that city for an hour or a little more, then go back in and see what the time to collect is. I'll bet it's the full amount less a few seconds. I noticed this long ago with regular residential buildings. It's not noticeable with special/event/premium residentials because they only take seconds to completely build rather than minutes or hours like regular residentials.

Be damned. 6 years between 2 cities and I never noticed that. Derp.

Thanks, Stephen much appreciated.

more of a drooling idiot then I normally am.

Heh.

DeletedUser32348

i can't see any new messages, inorder to see inbox i've to go back to town to see the msgs
also cud u please change the color of ice to some other thing or darker color. hurts my eyes.
i only get time to play in the night. morning - evening - work

DeletedUser31440

i can't see any new messages, inorder to see inbox i've to go back to town to see the msgs
also cud u please change the color of ice to some other thing or darker color. hurts my eyes.
i only get time to play in the night. morning - evening - work

You should invest in some blue light blocking computer glasses instead. I've been using a pair made by J+S and it's a noticable difference in eye strain with and without.

DeletedUser36985

Obvious money grab. Impossible to obtain time sensitive rewards without spending real money. Inno should of called it "your money settlement " I get people saying don't play it if it's not right for you. Those people either want to spend months/years doing fifteen settlements to obtain the tree, or they will outright pay $ for it.

DeletedUser31440

Obvious money grab. Impossible to obtain time sensitive rewards without spending real money. Inno should of called it "your money settlement " I get people saying don't play it if it's not right for you. Those people either want to spend months/years doing fifteen settlements to obtain the tree, or they will outright pay $ for it.

Option 3 - No money required because they took the time to come up with a strategy and your jealous of their ability to do what you've been unable to figure out.

DeletedUser34800

So far, settlements are really boring. I'm still trudging along, but I can't see myself completing this 15 times to max out the Yggdrasil tree reward.

Maybe they will be better when they add other Settlement options for variety, so it isn't the same settlement over and over and over again. Still, not sure. Could still be boring as hell but with different settlement options.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

So far, settlements are really boring. I'm still trudging along, but I can't see myself completing this 15 times to max out the Yggdrasil tree reward.

Maybe they will be better when they add other Settlement options for variety, so it isn't the same settlement over and over and over again. Still, not sure. Could still be boring as hell but with different settlement options.

Rather strange comment.

What are you doing with your city at the moment? Not trudging along?

DeletedUser36985

Main city isn't boring and slow. Settlements are. They are literally designed to be slow, and I find that boring.

If you think otherwise, fantastic. This is a feedback thread, and I left mine.
You are correct sir. That agent guy commented on my feedback as well. Must be an Inno agent ...