• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Daily Challenges Feedback

DeletedUser

Sorry if this has already been answered. I tried to read previous posts but 15 pages is a bit much.

For the 7 day challenge part, do you lose 1 point if you skip a DC completely and don't select either chest?
Some people have said that they did lose a point when they skipped a DC. I haven't skipped one yet, so I don't know.
Does it matter ? I technically only need about 50 friends to get everything polished or motivated ...... in time you'll always find friends that will stay with ya through thick n thin ..... sometimes i dump players that have no guilds......those folks have either quit or been kicked out of their guilds for being INACTIVE
I believe the issue was having empty Taverns to sit in for the Daily Challenge, not m/p.

DeletedUser6390

What's up with the DC that I just got to collect 3,500 tavern silver? Not only is that way too hard (that's like 3 full 16 person tables) it is also dependent on other players, not me. There shouldn't be challenges that you need to rely on other players for. That one should either be lowered significantly or removed completely.

DeletedUser31592

How do I know who to drop? I dropped around 30 friends off the bottom of my list that weren't active daily, but that only allowed me to invite 2 more, and may have deleted friends that were active, just not daily. I've not seen the 45 requirement again though, I'm getting 30 now, but I've decided I'm going to very selective on which challenges I choose, as I feel like it dictates to much on how I play the game. Not to mention the space required for blacksmiths needed to complete production tasks is a bit of a repercussion.

When I need to do an overhaul due to activity, I literally make a checklist and keep track for a week. My criteria varies by world a bit, depending on my needs.

When I have a new city, as soon as I acquire my burgundy table cloth, I dump everyone without a burgundy table cloth. Sometimes I will keep people with the Royal (dark blue) table cloth if I know they are active and they are fairly new/low level. Then I add high ranking players with burgundy table cloths.

DeletedUser8428

When I need to do an overhaul due to activity, I literally make a checklist and keep track for a week. My criteria varies by world a bit, depending on my needs.

When I have a new city, as soon as I acquire my burgundy table cloth, I dump everyone without a burgundy table cloth. Sometimes I will keep people with the Royal (dark blue) table cloth if I know they are active and they are fairly new/low level. Then I add high ranking players with burgundy table cloths.

:) I think I've changed my mind, I don't need to upgrade a tablecloth (a TABLECLOTH? what are you kidding me?) This one will keep me in giggles for quite a bit, I'd say.

Salsuero

What's up with the DC that I just got to collect 3,500 tavern silver? Not only is that way too hard (that's like 3 full 16 person tables) it is also dependent on other players, not me. There shouldn't be challenges that you need to rely on other players for. That one should either be lowered significantly or removed completely.

That's what makes it a challenge. Your challenge is to recruit players as friends who actively sit in your tavern daily. I have 80-ish friends (on purpose) and 3 full tables per day isn't uncommon for me. If I had 140 friends... it would be a piece of cake... because I'm very selective of my friendships. How many friends do you have? You could always take the loss.

Susannah the Good

I am curious. Do the developers put any thought into balancing the time/cost/opportunity cost of the Daily Quests with the prize offered for said quests?
Gain 2800 population (so delete 2 PME goods buildings - and rebuilding means lost goods for that day) and 83 five minute productions - all for the privilege of winning 3 useless drummers or color guards????
Also, I am constantly getting "acquire X sectors on the campaign map" though we are in the middle of the Winter Event which also requires acquiring sectors. I've been pushed so far ahead on the continent maps that fighting is impossible and getting the goods means wasting current goods to trade up to a higher era.
If DC was meant to add fun and excitement to the game, it's missed its mark. Mostly, it's just frustrating and wasteful of resources.

Algona

I'm starting to like the 30 FP DC. It''s popped up twice In both cities in the last week and the quests have been easy peasy. 30 FP is a nice little boost in my main, and a serious amount in my secondary city.

BTW is everyone getting the same DC Rewards? Today was mundane buildings or 30 FP.

DeletedUser30312

Yeah, with the DCs, players should probably slow down on the map even more, because they DCs will eat up available sectors. I think the thing is to keep provinces unscouted until an event requires them. It becomes a matter of choices: do you want to push ahead for stronger units, or stay put to capitalize off the DCs? I also got my first Challenger's Chest opened, so I'm skipping the DCs until the end of the Winter event, losing days won't matter when the timer is at 0, and it's a bit of a pain to have DCs and a big event overlap.

DeletedUser30943

It is kind of annoying that todays daily challenge requires me to donate goods to the guild treasury when I do not belong to any guild nor do I want to join one. So I guess I will have to take the failure on this one.
While others have pointed out the 1-person guild option, the other option is to use auto-join guilds. Yes, I know you said you don't want to join a guild, but joining one for five minutes probably won't kill you. Join, donate, leave, done. As an added bonus, you now have a guild that actually likes that you guild-hopped, and who knows, you might even get an active friend or two out of it.

DeletedUser32211

I got a DC that includes winning 10 battles and I don't know how to do that.

I moved from BA to IA after the neighborhoods were set so most of my neighbors are in BA and can't be attacked. Not that it matters since I haven't researched military tactics yet and the only way I can do that today is to spend most of my gold on FPs.
Given my recent move to IA I am not in the GE either.
Between meeting DC, story and event quests I am well into the IA part of the campaign map. I don't have much in the way of IA troops. I am training them but wont have enough to win 10 battles before the DC ends.

Assuming it is true that there are no impossible quests I am hoping someone can give me some helpful advice (I know that's hard for the many who specialize in giving snotty, belittling responses but I thought "what the heck, it's almost Christmas")

DeletedUser

I got a DC that includes winning 10 battles and I don't know how to do that.

I moved from BA to IA after the neighborhoods were set so most of my neighbors are in BA and can't be attacked. Not that it matters since I haven't researched military tactics yet and the only way I can do that today is to spend most of my gold on FPs.
Given my recent move to IA I am not in the GE either.
Between meeting DC, story and event quests I am well into the IA part of the campaign map. I don't have much in the way of IA troops. I am training them but wont have enough to win 10 battles before the DC ends.

Assuming it is true that there are no impossible quests I am hoping someone can give me some helpful advice (I know that's hard for the many who specialize in giving snotty, belittling responses but I thought "what the heck, it's almost Christmas")
I wish I had some helpful advice, but I don't see a way for you. The new non-PvP start that has been forced on all new cities has some really bad consequences in light of DCs and events. I hope you still have an enjoyable Christmas despite this gaming bump in the road. :)

DeletedUser32211

Thanks Stephen. It's ironic because this is the one world where I could use a couple Zeus and Babel BPs. lol

Happy Holidays to you too.

DeletedUser31592

:) I think I've changed my mind, I don't need to upgrade a tablecloth (a TABLECLOTH? what are you kidding me?) This one will keep me in giggles for quite a bit, I'd say.

I don't get what you find so funny. The only reason I bother 'sitting' in a tavern if for a chance at an FP. A burgundy table cloth gives me the best chance. Low level table cloths are not worth my time. You want silver for my time helping you? You better be helping me in return by giving me my best shot at an FP.

Salsuero

While others have pointed out the 1-person guild option, the other option is to use auto-join guilds. Yes, I know you said you don't want to join a guild, but joining one for five minutes probably won't kill you. Join, donate, leave, done. As an added bonus, you now have a guild that actually likes that you guild-hopped, and who knows, you might even get an active friend or two out of it.

I don't think you'll get very far with this one. SaxiMouse seems antisocial by nature. I was recently swapped into the same hood and upon trying to message to say... what a cool player name... I was already on ignore! LMFAO

DeletedUser8428

I don't get what you find so funny. The only reason I bother 'sitting' in a tavern if for a chance at an FP. A burgundy table cloth gives me the best chance. Low level table cloths are not worth my time. You want silver for my time helping you? You better be helping me in return by giving me my best shot at an FP.

So what made me laugh was your signature line - "feel free to add me as a friend". Might want to add some qualifiers to that.