• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Egypt Cultural Settlement Feedback

RazorbackPirate

Plain hate it
Another game in a game
Don't need it, have Battlegrounds
Do you ever listen to what we're saying?
We've known since the introduction of Settlements there would be an Egyptian settlement. I also expect many more settlement cultures to be introduced. All optional and nothing you need to play.

I'm glad they didn't listen to you. At least on this point. Just because you don't like settlements, doesn't mean other's should be denied them.

DeletedUser36145

And now I can't access my town at all on mobile. It says "internal error".

UBERhelp1

I also expect many more settlement cultures to be introduced.
Actually, I kind of doubt that. Or at least no new settlements for a long while. For once, we have no coming soon settlement. Additionally, how many other mega-powerful buildings can Inno give out without the game being too unbalanced? Even if we do have a new settlement on the way, it would not be released for (at least) a year, due to the length of Egyptians.

RazorbackPirate

Actually, I kind of doubt that. Or at least no new settlements for a long while. For once, we have no coming soon settlement. Additionally, how many other mega-powerful buildings can Inno give out without the game being too unbalanced? Even if we do have a new settlement on the way, it would not be released for (at least) a year, due to the length of Egyptians.
I did not specify a time frame. We also had no idea Japan was coming until graphics began appearing on Beta. I stand by my original assertion, I expect many more settlement cultures to be introduced.

Joeyjojojo

Not having my military bonuses apply to the fighting does make things interesting. I suppose I could still auto-battle the first two and just accept higher troop losses. Going to take a few days to see how the #s shake out for me.
...how many other mega-powerful buildings can Inno give out without the game being too unbalanced?
First, I think even if I filled my city with these buildings, they still don't shift the balance as much as Arc. More relevantly to Egypt: the main prize is not great. Yes, the FPs are good, but guild treasury seems underwhelming compared with SoH and #s from shinto temple, and the 10 random troops are conditionally useful at best--random means mostly crap you don't need/want, and the most useful time to get troops in such a way is right after you age up, but you don't usually need that many and there are already ways to get them.

The secondary building is nice. I'll aim to get 2 or 3 of these...maybe more depending on how easy it is to hit the target times.

-Dochev-

Why would I want to go through this if the main building is worthless even when it's maxed out... after the last event and now this... Inno, Inno... tststs

DeletedUser30312

Well, I started a pair of Japanese settlements Monday, I'll be happy to let people fumble through Egypt for a week before I try it and learn from their experiences.

UBERhelp1

Why would I want to go through this if the main building is worthless even when it's maxed out... after the last event and now this... Inno, Inno... tststs
1FP/tile is worthless? And the secondary buildings give attacking army defense boosts?

DeletedUser32558

1FP/tile is worthless? And the secondary buildings give attacking army defense boosts?
, just checking,

Vikings Setlemet took lotsa time to finish and 1st. and 2nd. building was quite nice... attack boost was nice to get...

Japan... meh

Egyptian, 1st. building is usefull if not have high level stuff allready and 2nd. building is nice if "NEED" 1st. building..

, anyway - I need store SoK´s and other event buildings if I want add more... so I see 1FP per tile quite worthless.

, and 2nd. building - its tempting do few months grind for 4x 6% def. boost THAT is what I did with Vikings (Runestones) but that grind burned me down so I dont like start it again...

DeletedUser36145

Any improvements for mobile players or we will wait till next culture is released to fix this one?
BTW, I too find the rewards quite underwhelming.

Super Catanian

Japan... meh
Excuse me? The maxed out Shinto Temple is the most efficient Building in the game in terms of FP efficiency. And 50 Goods a day from it also make it almost twice as efficient as a Sleigh Builder. The maxed out Timeless Dojo provides a free unattached Unit every day as well, helpful for those without an Alcatraz or other military Buildings.

RazorbackPirate

Seems many are math challenged and can;t figure out the difference between a building that gives .25 FPs per tile and one that gives 1 FP per tile. Some folks just need stuff to complain about so they have an excuse not to play Egypt. No matter to me, and no matter to Inno, I'm sure.

DeletedUser32558

Seems many are math challenged and can;t figure out the difference between a building that gives .25 FPs per tile and one that gives 1 FP per tile. Some folks just need stuff to complain about so they have an excuse not to play Egypt. No matter to me, and no matter to Inno, I'm sure.
, maybe you missing some points here.

Setlements are good VERY good FP source for NEW players and those who challenge rewards quality and usefullness are those who allready played long time..

+ 50 goods = Chateau gives that (just few quests...challenged players have lvl100 Chateau)
+ FPs = ARC lvl150 and +600FP city gain...(challenged players may have only lvl80 ARC but good FP gain)

, Egypt setlemetns 1st. building is useless and 2nd. building is just too much to grind because 1st. is not so good

, if Egypt 1st. building is like Vikings "tree" and 2nd. is what it is now... then I may grind because I want make 1200%attack and 420% defence for attacking army.

, so look again

+ you have all stuff (hard make good rewards)
+ you are NEW player(FP and goods gain is nice, but too hard grind sucks)
+ you just love play(anything is great...)

qaccy

After actually seeing the settlement for myself, I now see that this introduction of the ability to remove impediments isn't really a convenience feature like I thought, since every available expansion in Egypt now contains an impediment instead of there only being a few randomly distributed throughout the grid. I'd say that means there's now more strategy involved in placing expansions, but after I thought about it I realize the opposite is true. In the other two settlements, expansion placement was determined largely by where the impediments were. Since they can now be removed, doesn't that mean that one can simply build out the same way every time they play? Or will the random location of the impediments in each expansion actually have an impact still?

RazorbackPirate

maybe you missing some points here.
Nope. I picked up on the relevant point quite quickly.
anyway - I need store SoK´s and other event buildings if I want add more... so I see 1 FP per tile quite worthless.
You've got SoKs that can be stored or deleted. .25 FPs per/tile vs. 1 FP per tile. Justify it any way you want. The math is the math. In the space of 3 SoKs (2 when you count the roads along side) you could have 12 FPs.

You're either math challenged, or need an excuse not to play Egypt. Maybe it's both. As I said, No matter to me, and no matter to Inno, I'm sure.

DeletedUser32558

You're either math challenged, or need an excuse not to play Egypt. Maybe it's both. As I said, No matter to me, and no matter to Inno, I'm sure.
, nope - Im not challenged as you want say, I just see this thing different way and rewards are quite wortheless if you have allready high level buildings and you played long time.

... I allways forgot collectors and that is one good thing to have those rewards... we never really know, but just now Im not collector, lolz

Last edited by a moderator:

Super Catanian

, nope - Im not challenged as you want say, I just see this thing different way and rewards are quite wortheless if you have allready high level buildings and you played long time.
I've been playing for over three years now. And the maxed out Shinto Temple is still the most FP efficient Building.

DeletedUser32558

I've been playing for over three years now. And the maxed out Shinto Temple is still the most FP efficient Building.
, really - I think most effective is ARC after you push it up level120+ and FP gbs are quite good after lvl80... but you need play game long time for those...

I was told that shinto temple is good but its not help too much after GBs go up lvl100, lolz

, still - Setlements rewards are VERY good if you start game and you advancing but they are not so good if you allready have high level stuff.