• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Egypt Cultural Settlement Feedback

DeletedUser36145

What's broken about this one that needs to be fixed? What's the issue for mobile players?

Well, it can't be played at all on a mobile device. Especially an Android one, don't know about IOS.
The game crashes repeatedly when trying to start a battle. And after a few crashes, the whole game becomes inaccessible saying "Internal error. Come back later.". The only way to fix it is to log in on a computer and abandon settlement. Me and several of my guild-mates had the same problem yesterday.
It may or may not be fixed by now. We cannot try, because there is the "cool down" period after abandoning a settlement.
I have filed a ticket to support but haven't received a positive answer yet and that is why I am asking here.

Zatrikon

Please change the color of the surface of the roads to make them easier to see. Viking roads were tough to see, but if you made a mistake accidentally deleting a road no big deal. Now, it's a deal. . Maybe not big, but...

Please?
YES! This is what I came here to say. There is not enough contrast between the sand and the Path in the Sand. They are hard to see.

Zatrikon

Please add the current amount of Loot to the Embassy Advancements tab.
Yes. This also. Pretty obvious. And also add it to the bar at the top of the screen. Currently, it shows Available Population, Diplomacy, Deben, and Goods (in a drop-down). The Loot needs to be added.

UBERhelp1

Please add the current amount of Loot to the Embassy Advancements tab.
To build on that, have the loot amount show in the menus inside of goods buildings so you don't have to leave and check the amount.

Yes. This also. Pretty obvious. And also add it to the bar at the top of the screen. Currently, it shows Available Population, Diplomacy, Deben, and Goods (in a drop-down). The Loot needs to be added.
The loot can be found in the goods drop-down.

Algona

Why? Loot isn't needed to unlock new tech. Why do we need it there?

Good question.

Wish I had a good answer. Seemed like a good place at the time, but that was 3 AM and I;d just spent an hour trying to find the Wondered at the time why INNO put the information in the Goods pull down when I found it.

I think I was thinking something like 'I need X Goods to unlock the next tech, sure would be nice if I can see how much Loot I have so I can figure out how much I need to battle during the time it will take to produce the Goods'.' or somesuch. Needed? Not really. Useful? Maybe?

As I said, seemed like a good idea at the time.

I think UBER's idea is much better.

Last edited:

DeletedUser32973

So after having finished the first settlement (well technically 2nd) of Egyptians on beta, I think the concept is ok. I also think that visually Egyptians is great, and they fixed some issues with the final buildings being irrelevant. My only concern is I think the manual fighting will eventually really make it a drag. The other settlements already become a drag after the nth iteration, and Egypt is going to be much worse. Perhaps add a small army boost after each settlement completion to make auto-battling viable in more encounters. In any case, I'm probably only doing this on my main because it's far more time intensive than the other settlements.

Also please keep the roads as is. It's hilarious seeing people complain about it.

Super Catanian

My only concern is I think the manual fighting will eventually really make it a drag.
How? It's three fights a day, and chances are you're only going to be doing two of them, seeing as how the most difficult one is hard to do without suffering huge losses. While I definitely agree with the addition of a small army boost, I never consider such small skirmishes a drag.

DeletedUser32973

How? It's three fights a day, and chances are you're only going to be doing two of them, seeing as how the most difficult one is hard to do without suffering huge losses. While I definitely agree with the addition of a small army boost, I never consider such small skirmishes a drag.

To each his own. I got tired of them by the end of the first settlement. It might be the straw that's almost breaking the camel's back. You have GBG, SaM mars encounters, GE, then more settlement fights (GVG can go in the trash).

Graviton

To each his own. I got tired of them by the end of the first settlement.

Same here. Honestly it doesn't matter how good the grand prize is from Egypt, I'm just not going to do the settlement at all. I'm still plodding through Vikings to get upgraded Yggdrasils. I started Japan in one city and quickly gave up on it. I go after event buildings, and I barely have room for those as they come along. That's plenty for me.

Algona

Also please keep the roads as is. It's hilarious seeing people complain about it.

Especially funny seeing (you won't realize it for a few more seconds, but I mad a funny here.) as how you are considering giving up on Egypt. Quite considerate that you don;t want a change in something you don;t want to do just because you want to enjoy others complaining about it.

You ever see (twice!) me bitch about anything in this game? Go back and look and you'll see (thrce!) a theme.

The only thing I complain about: color schemes and UI. Selfish pf me, but since I'm slowly going blind maybe you'll find it in your heart to forgive my self centeredness, 'cause I'm sure I'm the only person in 140K users who might have vision problems or difficulty discerning this.

Or I guess you can just keep laughing about it, I know that I find people with vision problems hilarious.

Last edited:

-Sebastian-

* Visually, it's gorgeous, just like the last two. Best one so far, IMO. I especially like the hippo animations. :)
* Please make the roads more visually distinct. (Either that or make them free, so we don't have to worry about them.)
* I don't like the music. With the other two, I sometimes turn on the music if I'm going to be doing some serious redesign work, because I actually enjoy those tunes. (Yes, I'm weird.) This one, not so much. I actually think it'd be better as combat music. Speaking of which, it's jarring to hear the old combat music in the battles. It just feels ... unpolished, somehow. You've replaced all the other elements of the art, why not that, too?
* While I do like the change you made a while back, to have multiple art variations for the basic buildings, I don't like the variations on the Simple Clay Hut. It's just the orientation - I think they should all be oriented to the grid, just like everything else. The other 2 settlements have a more organic feel to them, so it seems most natural that the buildings aren't all aligned the same way. But this settlement is full of things that fit on a perfectly measured grid, except for these little clay huts. It's jarring. Maybe you could have them all oriented the same way, but just add a few extra individual details to make up for it?

* Mechanically, it seems like a good variation on the settlement theme, like the Japanese merchant. I enjoy having those extra steps in the cycle: instead of coins->goods->research, now it's coins->military->loot->goods->research. It makes the whole thing seem less mechanistic.
* I am annoyed by having to pay attention to roads, but maybe that will pass. I understand that you didn't like how people ripped up their roads to add decorations, but I think this cure might have been worse than the disease. What if the basic decorations took 1 hour to build, instead?
* Thank you for limiting us to a fixed number of battles per day.
* I know this would require a redesign that might be impossible now, but what if, when repeating this settlement, we got an attack boost, just like how the "x4" chance goes up? You could balance this by reducing the "x4" and the time limit. And maybe allow us to fight harder armies, too - you could let us pick 3 out of 5 different armies. We'd start fighting the weaker ones for less loot, but by the 10th settlement we'd be fighting the harder ones, for more loot, which is how we'd get the settlement done in the shorter time limit. That would really give a sense of progress, and change the dynamic each time. You could explain it as our character gaining experience as a mercenary general, learning how the enemies of Egypt fight, that sort of thing...

* Speaking of which, my biggest complaint: and it's probably too late to change this, but: pyramids are TOMBS. It's cool having a pyramid next to the town, and it's cool to be able to fight in a settlement, and of course we need somewhere obvious to click to enter the "Siege Camp". But unless we're fighting the minions of Mumm-Ra the Ever-Living, it doesn't make sense to go to a pyramid to do it! (Although... that might explain why they keep coming, every day, like clockwork, but never seem to learn any new tricks. The Ancient Spirits of Evil have grown restless, and we have to build up the town while fending off hordes of shuffling monsters. And no sooner do we finish the settlement and seal up the pyramid, than we hear about another settlement further down the river, that's having the same problem...)

DeletedUser32973

Especially funny seeing (you won't realize it for a few more seconds, but I mad a funny here.) as how you are considering giving up on Egypt. Quite considerate that you don;t want a change in something you don;t want to do just because you want to enjoy others complaining about it.

You ever see (twice!) me bitch about anything in this game? Go back and look and you'll see (thrce!) a theme.

The only thing I complain about: color schemes and UI. Selfish pf me, but since I'm slowly going blind maybe you'll find it in your heart to forgive my self centeredness, 'cause I'm sure I'm the only person in 140K users who might have vision problems or difficulty discerning this.

Or I guess you can just keep laughing about it, I know that I find people with vision problems hilarious.

Oh my you sound mad. I’m not sure where I said I’m considering giving up on the settlement, probably because I didn’t. I said the fighting ends up being a bit much with everything else, so I’m only doing it on my main.
Regardless, the road color fits the theme. It’s not that hard to get around it even if you are visually impaired. Why do I know this? Because I can barely see the roads as well.

Keep it up with the overreactions though ;).

Algona

Keep it up with the overreactions though .

Not that I need your permission. but thanks, I will.

I want a change in color on roads because I am having problems seeing them, posted feedback about this which for some reason you found hilarious despite

I can barely see the roads as well.

----------

Oh my you sound mad.

Sure am. You sound surprised, which is odd since you went out of your way to provoke me. Since you decided to be an assclown, don't be surprised that I'm treating you like an assclown.

----------

I’m only doing it on my main.
I got tired of them by the end of the first settlement.
the manual fighting will eventually really make it a drag
Egypt is going to be much worse.
might be the straw that's almost breaking the camel's back

You're certainly doing a lot of whining for someone who

’m not sure where I said I’m considering giving up on the settlement, probably because I didn’t.

You mean aside from giving them up in your other cities?

----------

I posted feedback for a visual change the reasoning for which you agree with but nonetheless found hilarious.

Your posts in this Feedback have been to whine about the major aspect of Egypt.

Who's overreacting?

----------

EDIT: Just saw this in another thread directed at another poster.

Jeeze what an overreaction

If you're provoking multiple 'overreactions' in a day, maybe it's time you try to figure out what you are doing to get 'overreactions' or maybe realize that folk responding to you the way they do may not be 'overreacting.'

'Overreaction'. An effective word choice, puts you in the place of judging how people react to you while nicely shifting the blame from you possibly being at fault. Unless you use it too much.

Last edited:

DeletedUser14197

I have 4 choices if barracks. Do I need to build all 4? I have the nubian archers but seem to get them killed off whereas my unattached camel archers seen too survive. I'm seriously considering quitting this settlement.

Update.
Even if I knew which barracks I simply haven't enjoyed it. Perhaps I should try it one more day but I can't see why I would enjoy it since I don't enjoy the battles on my phone. Dread them is closer toi how I feel about them. So it would take me getting to the point where I enjoyed the battles thi make it worth doing. I know 2 a day isn't much but right now it is. Perhaps if there was something that I enjoyed about it that would compensate for the dreaded battles but I haven't found anything to draw me. The roads costing doesn't bother me though i deleted one on accident cause there's no pop up. Funny how I totally enjoyed arranging the other 2 settlements. I found it a challenge getting the most out of the space. This one is a whole lot more challenging to the point where I feel over whelmed by it and don't feel like bothering. Maybe some day I'll feel up the the challenge of this village but today is not the day.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser40618

Based on the rewards, this settlement is a skip for me. Neither building will really add much to my city. I enjoyed both Vikings and Japan and completed both settlements multiple times (I have 5 lvl 5 greater runestones and 6 timeless dojos to give you an idea of the time spent). I could complete the Vikings in a week and Japan in less than a week. Egypt looks like I can expect to spend about 2 weeks to complete.

The extra ambassadors could be helpful, but again at this point of the game (I’m in Mars waiting for the next age to drop) I’m not hurting for resources. For me, I just don’t think the buildings are worth the amount of time I’d have to invest to get them. I’d sooner build a statue of honor in place of the bathhouse since I can get 2 levels every season of gbg and it does more for my guild.

Zatrikon

There does not appear to be any way to gain any bonus in the battles. Out battle-GBs help us in PvP, GE, GBG, DC, and everywhere except in the Settlements. Why should that be? Well, for those of us with really big bonuses, it might make it too easy. But there could be a reasonable compromise. What if you got half the usual bonuses for the settlement battles? Well, that's probably still too much. How about a 1% bonus for each combat-related GB you have, regardless of its level? That's not too much, is it? But it would help.

Do the boost bottles help? I haven't tried that yet.

Algona

I enjoyed the first few days, fast developing that seems to have stalled for the next 5 days until I get Flowers unlocked.

Many opportunities to learn. Hitting Autobattle instead of Surrender is something one should avoid.

I understand INNO's reasoning, but so far not excited about Loot bottlenecking Goods production.

Detailed experiences will be put int in the Settlements Progress thread.

Do the boost bottles help? I haven't tried that yet.

Just tried it, save your boost bottles, it doesn't help.

----------

Repeating earlier Requests, both have multiple posts and support either here in this thread or in other threads:

Change the color of the road surface. (Yes I know it would not be historically or aesthetically pleasing.

Add Loot totals to Goods Production windows and (maybe) the Embassy Advancement Tab.

Last edited: