• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Wildlife Event 2024

Sharmon the Impaler

can probably get the 4 star boxes without too much trouble-its the ones after the early quests that make the rival quest a waste of time to try to complete
Rival gives you less of the event with doing it than without doing it. It makes you spend 300 coins and 7 tickets for 3 golden tikets at the end. 7 tickets and 300 coins spent the way you want to spend them. Not throwing them away chasing an alligator and a Tapir.

Sharmon the Impaler

I always made 5 and 6 stars easier than 4 stars and for some reason they dont count on the task. :rolleyes:
Rival is designed to take away from your event progress while chewing up the scarce resources. 4 stars give next to nothing in the progress bar , 6 stars give much more. This is all while using tickets that should be used optimally for the event and people are chasing after scraps with them in Rival instead. Use your tickets for Paws and Dailies not the junk in Rival , it gives you 3 golden tickets but you have to waste 7 regular tickets to get them. That is like being happy to spend 6 dollars on a claw machine to win a 50 cent prize lol.

Xenosaur

Haha, I'm laughing with you all. WE TOLD YOU!.... Seeing some teeth in the current event, are you?

These are all the issues we brought to bear when this event started here. We learned about them in beta, and tried to share what we learned here to "save" you (from yourself).

Be careful what you wish for. You can NO LONGER play these events without huge amount of time, strategy, resources and focus. They are NOT the way we played events in the past. They are harder, cut sharper, and FULL OF distractions.

Rival requirement, the long event duration of 1 month, the Daily challenge requirement .... Here's what I said here (on January 13th):

I"ll make it clear to everyone else right now: Inno just softened this up, and probably made it easier to achieve. However, in beta and now in Live - you're tied to this event for 1 month. You miss ANYTHING - you STILL may have to pay to make it up - even with the reduction from 30 to 25 paws to make the event upgrade.

@Sharmon the Impaler comment is spot-on. It's an INTRICATE, DEMANDING, Financial sinkhole......DISTRACTION.

Rival is designed to take away from your event progress while chewing up the scarce resources. 4 stars give next to nothing in the progress bar , 6 stars give much more. This is all while using tickets that should be used optimally for the event and people are chasing after scraps with them in Rival instead. Use your tickets for Paws and Dailies not the junk in Rival , it gives you 3 golden tickets but you have to waste 7 regular tickets to get them. That is like being happy to spend 6 dollars on a claw machine to win a 50 cent prize lol.

Enjoy your next WILDLIFE 2 weeks, but make sure your wallet has fresh cash to spend. Sounds like your going to need it.

Last edited:

Xenosaur

I had that too a couple times when I was going for the 4 star pops. Imo they make it so that you have to have exactly 4 stars for those on purpose to make it harder.

Correct~! They do NOT say: Make X quantity of 4 star tiles - they say make 4 star tiles. They never explain that's NOT 4 or MORE stars, it's EXACTLY 4 stars.

I did the same thing.... made an assumption. Reminds me of trick questions on grade school exams where we also made assumption....

I set up a great drop of X quantity of 4 or MORE STARS tiles in RIVAL (beta), and it didn't register for progress on that Rival quest.

A lot of beta players commented on this and thought Rival was actually broken.... some talked about BUG REPORTS!!!

Then someone had an epiphany....

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

Correct~! They do NOT say: Make X quantity of 4 star tiles - they say make 4 star tiles. They never explain that's NOT 4 or MORE stars, it's EXACTLY 4 stars.

I did the same thing.... made an assumption. Reminds me of trick questions on grade school exams where we also made assumption....

I set up a great drop of X quantity of 4 or MORE STARS tiles in RIVAL (beta), and it didn't register for progress on that Rival quest.

A lot of beta players commented on this and thought Rival was actually broken.... some talked about BUG REPORTS!!!

Then someone had an epiphany....
When they say "make 4 star tiles" why would you assume that 5-star or 6-star would satisfy the requirement? If you were making a cake and the recipe called for 4 cups of flour would you assume that 5 cups or 6 cups would be okay? If an FOE daily challenge required 20 "15-minute productions" would you assume that 20 1-hour productions would be okay? I think not. Regardless, if players made this false assumption it would be a mistake that they should only make once.

Last edited:

Sharmon the Impaler

When they say "make 4 star tiles" why would you assume that 5-star or 6-star would satisfy the requirement? If you were making a cake and the recipe called for 4 cups of flour would you assume that 5 cups or 6 cups would be okay? If an FOE daily challenge required 20 "15-minute productions" would you assume that 20 1-hour productions would be okay? I think not. Regardless, if players made this false assumption it would be a mistake that they should only make once.
Why are you commenting on this like you are adding something to the information ? @Xerosaur noticed that many in beta were making the same error (so lots of people not nearly as smart as you are) and came on here to help others still not seeing that it's the exact amount and not the minimum stars. It was very thoughtful of you to let everyone know how much smarter than everyone else you are so we thank you for this.

Last edited:

Xenosaur

Well gee, maybe they'll kick me out of Mensa....

There's a huge difference in your example and the reality of what a lot of people did in beta, AND now live - ie, what they're doing in here by mistake.

If your question is serious - well - because the value proposition of game "production runs" has a different texture (to me at least) that the quest requirement in the event, either that or, I already learned that a 1 hour production run won't satisfy a 15 in Inno's world, via standard gameplay. Maybe I learned that 6 or 7 years ago as I cut my teeth on the "way" Inno thinks relative to "standards" this city building game. Idiosyncrasies abound - but don't get me started on that...LOL

I took a chance that we could "both win" - Inno and I. 4 * rewards pale in comparison to 6 * rewards, so while I've already apologized (and now profusely) for making an error, I got a tiny razor cut on it. MY Bad. I assumed that making 6 is harder than making 4, and it would satisfy the challenge.

So we learned - NOT SO.

No big deal. I was raising awareness, not looking to be flogged.

Last edited:

jaymoney23456

Logically, 4 or more stars makes the most sense since it is harder to get a 5 star than a 4 star. I made this mistake the first time also. It would cost inno nothing to specify this, especially for a new type of questline and it would save players tickets and possibly more to have clarity regarding this when it mentions the quest. The production quests have also been around for forever so its less likely for someone to not know what the requirement is for that.

Xenosaur

I just noticed something (and maybe I'm not remembering correctly). Wasn't Play On (for 65 coins) previously 10 moves? Now it's 5?
I believe it's cost/reward has been "diluted" yes. Many noticed that when it first came to beta. Your numbers sound right, but I'd have to check what last year's value were exactly. Maybe someone else knows, definitively.

Sunslinger

I find doing to quest 17 and 25 to get those extra tickets doable. If you get lucky during the Rival and you get your targeted daily special using your coins and tools to get those extra tickets go a long way in securing more dailies. Also I save the goldens for the Rival to speed thru some of the quests, doesn't always work according to plan. Going for the last few rival quests are not worth it imo

Xenosaur

While we can never be sure, I would think Rival will appear again... tomorrow (Tuesday, 1/30/24) in a timezone near you.

Lothar123

Speaking of "extra moves," I can't believe that Inno still hasn't fixed the problem of the "Do you want to pay 65 paws for 5 extra moves?" pop-up obscuring the board. Too often, I clear large numbers of blocks on the last move and have a fraction of a second to study the board to decide if an additional 5 moves would be worth the cost. That's...not usually enough time.

(Actually, I can believe that Inno still hasn't fixed this, which is another issue.)