• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feudal Japan Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

ODragon

I'm curious, has anyone seen a 4x from the Merchant? I'm not worried about it working or not, I trust it does, my sample size it too small to think its not working. I'm interested in the actual output.

Do you just see a little 4x above the building when you close it or when you get the pop-up screen of how much you get, does it show 4x the amount or some different way?

DeletedUser37581

I'm curious, has anyone seen a 4x from the Merchant? I'm not worried about it working or not, I trust it does, my sample size it too small to think its not working. I'm interested in the actual output.

Do you just see a little 4x above the building when you close it or when you get the pop-up screen of how much you get, does it show 4x the amount or some different way?
The pop up window shows 4x the amount.

UBERhelp1

Yes, I have. It just shows the amount. Like "48 Soy"

No special flare or anything, though.

And I've only seen it once.

DeletedUser38784

At this point I have completed two Japanese settlements and started the third. In this same time I have only completed one Viking.

I find it a lot faster and easier than the Viking.
I have used the merchant for all trades possible.
I am finding it a lot easier to complete on the first reward.
All in all, I am finding the Japanese settlement to be a fun addition but when I get the temple to level 9 I will be going back to Viking to finish all 9 levels.

Super Catanian

I'm curious, has anyone seen a 4x from the Merchant?
Yes, I have. It just shows the amount. Like "48 Soy"
I can confirm this. This happened to me just now for the first time ever, and I am nearing the completion of my second Feudal Japan Settlement.
SkCjLf8dTTyj4CdPl4Pw7KjYoqCoKLe9nJrWQbhWcnRCRl8wMD7BMbaRGdGLfJCHdgt6iYIihaqucVH7UNlKaDF-qHV895fJYpwtEtoPslAGi74JWEPQUk1-JzJ2dt3rumuM0VJv

DeletedUser38275

After 20 runs of the Vikings, and in my 7th now of the Feudal Japan: one item on mobile (running the latest update, on iOS), one item is becoming far more annoying:
independent of zooming, if a building is not connected to a road, the accompanying icon (not connected) is many times not allowing to select a building situated just behind the disconnected building.

Background: in settlements, one of the difficulties is to locate an optimal set of buildings to progress as fast as possible. In many cases, housing are better left disconnected, to gain road spaces for other buildings. Vikings notifications are maybe less covering other buildis due to the different building size/attributes; in japan, the issue on mobile becomes far more difficult to circumvent.
As example of annoyance (bummer): I just cancelled an 8-hr good production by mistake, thinking i was selecting a koban production and cancelling it due to the difficulty of selecting a shrine behind a disconnected hut, I instead got the goods building :facepalm:. The screens look different of course, but I was rushing to get things done quickly ... while at work (lol).
Usually it takes me a bit of zooming, unzooming, tapping around the building I want until finally the correct one comes up... I can’t remember having the same troubles in Vikings. Worst being the popup window reminding (again) that the building isn’t connected (duh)... and that pop-up window isn’t ‘transparent’ (can tap through) like others in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Algona

Are we getting 1 less chance to negotiate in the settlements than we do from the Guild Expedition? Or maybe I miscounted, I hope.

We get 3 attempts in Settlements. I believe in GE you get a fourth attempt if there are 7? or is it 8? or more choices of Resources. I don't know for sure, I've never negotiated in GE except per DC tasks and those usually come on day one of GE.

DeletedUser

Are we getting 1 less chance to negotiate in the settlements than we do from the Guild Expedition? Or maybe I miscounted, I hope.
We get 3 attempts in Settlements. I believe in GE you get a fourth attempt if there are 7? or is it 8? or more choices of Resources. I don't know for sure, I've never negotiated in GE except per DC tasks and those usually come on day one of GE.
You get 3 attempts in both Settlements and GE. The Tavern boost of an extra attempt will increase the GE number to 4 attempts, but does not work on Settlements. Daily Challenge negotiations will have 3 attempts for easier ones and 4 attempts for the more difficult ones, and the Tavern boost will not affect those numbers. The Tavern boost will also not work on negotiating sectors on the Campaign (Continent) Map.

DeletedUser36572

Thank you. Knowing this I'll probably use the merchant less because I don't have many diamonds left and I don't want to run low on goods by trying over and over again to negotiate.

The choices when Negotiating at the Merchant don’t cost an enormous amount of Goods per choice ... So giving up after 3 turns if you do not win, and trying again isn’t that bad.

Plus ... The advantage the extra Resources provide, greatly influences your ability to earn more fragments by completing the Settlements quicker.

Trading Goods, Not Diamonds,
For Fragments

Last edited by a moderator:

CherryButterfly

Sorry, read only first couple pages of this, didn't see it mentioned, but could have been...

My disappointment came at not realizing the settlement could go on after time limit was up, leaving me to have really given up a day or two before I saw it would continue, then picked back up. It is my first time through, have 14 of the 17 or whatev is needed, and still don't know if there is a point to finishing. But, I am going to continue and finish the quest I am working on (Build the Dojo) and see if it gets me anything... If I knew it continued, I would have kept harvesting goods and planning. Also, it took me some reading to learn the way to finish by building then un-building, erasing roads to make room to move things around, or add "handshakes."
So, I'm happy that at least I won several items through quests, and if i get something for finishing, even if not on time, I won't consider the time, money, or supplies spent a total waste of time. Also, glad to read impediments change, at least it is not just an automatic response every time through. But, I like a puzzle. That's more fulfilling to me than plowing through. Some play differently, I'm getting that...

RazorbackPirate

So, I'm happy that at least I won several items through quests, and if i get something for finishing, even if not on time, I won't consider the time, money, or supplies spent a total waste of time. Also, glad to read impediments change, at least it is not just an automatic response every time through. But, I like a puzzle. That's more fulfilling to me than plowing through. Some play differently, I'm getting that...
The only thing dependent on the time is fragments for the Timeless Dojo. Every completion, no matter how long it takes, will get you either a level of the Shinto Temple or an Emissary for your Town Hall. The Dojo is worth the effort to try to complete on time, but don't sweat it if you don't.

In short, absolutely finish, not matter how long it takes. Even after your Shinto Temple is complete, you'll always have an unlimited number of additional runs to go for Dojo fragments.

Algona

Before I start to wonder if you can only build everything in the time allotted by spending diamonds

You can. But...

I think the lvl 5 Dojo is well worth the expense of some Diamonds to assure timely completions. I'm happy to drop some Diamonds to get the Merchant running day one. Getting the Merchant early helps a lot.

Not strictly on topic, but I would not use Diamonds on Vikings, the Runestones are not worth it to me.

Ancient Obelisk from Egypt looks like it might well be worth some Diamonds, but I haven;t a clue (which means I haven't read UBER's Guide yet) how to go about it

CherryButterfly

Thanks for advice, I'm pretty sure I read that guide, that's where I learned to erase roads for a bit to fill with "Happys", to unlock, then back, a few other tricks to finish. But, I will definitely go back and read again. I also had to learn it wasn't a beauty contest, and that I could build random things to finish a quest, then go back and rebuild, or whatever.

Absolutely agree that it pays to read over ALL the information people have taken the trouble to share, Guides or whatever. Part of the fun is learning the rules, then learning the way around them! haha! Like with all things, really, the game is what you make of it... You can blaze through, or you can slow down and learn things along the way...

DeletedUser30312

I don't spend diamonds on settlements and I seldom have difficulty finishing Feudal Japan on time.

Though I got an ugly setup this morning on a fresh settlement, impediments all crowded around the starting area.

CherryButterfly

Thanks Uberhelp1, I was sort of hoping it was something that would help you out of a jam, if you needed a certain amount of something with not enough time, or whatever...
But, actually glad it is just random, and not some way to "sneak" you rewards if you've screwed things up for yourself...

Also, re-read your guide as recommended, learned things I didn't the first time around, so thank you for your being willing to share, and for the time you spent putting it all out there...:)

RazorbackPirate

There are 3 countdowns. When the first one runs out, the second one starts, when the second one runs out, the 3rd one starts. When the 3rd one runs out, there's no more timer, but you have as long as it takes to finish the Settlement.

Finishing within the time on the first timer gets you 15 fragments of the Dojo, 9+4+2=15 Fragments
Finishing within the time on the first timer gets you 6 fragments of the Dojo, 4+2=6 Fragments
Finishing within the time on the first timer gets you 2 fragments of the Dojo, 2 Fragments
When all the timers run out you still get the completion prize, but will receive no Fragments