• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forge Bowl Grand Prize Impossible to get with Out Diamonds.

Pericles the Lion

Have you not read this thread mate? I used this strategy, and got the Pergola in only 2 of my 3 cities, because of the leagues and a lack of footballs won from incidents. In that city, I would have been required to spend diamonds. I did everything that I could, collecting every incident, completing every quest, and choosing the best players, and other people have done so too, but still fell short of achieving the last upgrade.

So no, spending diamonds wasn't required, but if you didn't spend diamonds, you basically had to hope that you were lucky enough, not able to rely on the best strategy.
Yes, I have read every post in this thread. So far, you are the only one that said that the best, non-diamond, strategy was followed without success (well, without success 1 out of 3 times) and only just now. The closest any other player came was @Johnny B. Goode but he said "I rarely chose the highest cost player" although the highest cost player was never the best choice.

I think that the root cause of dissatisfaction is that INNO didn't lob softballs at us this Event like they have in the past. In the past, incidents didn't matter much, if at all. Players became lazy because they believed that daily play was unnecessary to get the complete building. In the words of Gomer Pyle, "Surprise!, surprise!, surprise!". The biq question is will these same players learn from the experience or just continue to play a casual game and complain about the results that they get. I guess we'll see, eh? Frankly, I'm fine with INNO raising the level of difficulty, if in fact that is what they are doing.

UBERhelp1

It's not difficulty that's being changed. That would mean that you could play the event smarter to do better. That doesn't exist anymore. Unless you spend diamonds, you can not ensure that you get the full event building during the event because of LUCK. You think that's ok?

I like a challenge, I like playing games smartly. But when a player can do the perfect strategy and still fail, that isn't good game design.

Pericles the Lion

It's not difficulty that's being changed. That would mean that you could play the event smarter to do better. That doesn't exist anymore. Unless you spend diamonds, you can not ensure that you get the full event building during the event because of LUCK. You think that's ok?
Honestly, I am okay with INNO modifying the event such that there is less than a 100% chance of getting the complete event building without spending diamonds.

xivarmy

I like a challenge, I like playing games smartly. But when a player can do the perfect strategy and still fail, that isn't good game design.
Well I mean, the perfect strategy for someone with bad luck wasn't to maximize yards, but to hit at least 1040 yards and otherwise maximize league (since they couldn't hit 1200, and couldn't compete with people with good luck unless they switched coach) And as far as I saw that was sufficient with zero-incident-luck in this case. (I didn't observe the league cutoffs on every server - but most were around 1200 or less ; and the hybrid strategy landed you at ~1350-1400 without incidents - i.e. 720 yds +1 coach, 320 yds x2 league coach = ~10600 balls required for 1360 league progress; no incidents required).

So I don't think they crossed that threshold for this event - that playing better is not necessarily sufficient. (I think they did cross that luck-required threshold for last Fall Event).

They may have gone too far anyways though if it's pissing off enough people. Angry players can hurt the willingness of players (both themself and others) to keep playing and spending. (i.e. if you're a new player who sees a population that's pissed at the developer all the time, does this leave you thinking this is a game you want to invest your $ in?)

Agaselle

Together whe are strong , alone whe will fail. Let us pray that INNO is not letting us sink out of pace to get the job well done.

Graviton

Honestly, I am okay with INNO modifying the event such that there is less than a 100% chance of getting the complete event building without spending diamonds.
That's an interesting take, and I think I agree. As long as upgrades are made available at a later time through the AD or subsequent events, I would be okay with that too.

Johnny B. Goode

Well I mean, the perfect strategy for someone with bad luck wasn't to maximize yards, but to hit at least 1040 yards and otherwise maximize league (since they couldn't hit 1200, and couldn't compete with people with good luck unless they switched coach)
The trouble with this is that you don't know going into the event that you're going to have bad luck, so it really isn't a solution unless you save every one of your Footballs until the last day or so.
Of course you are...because you'll just spend the Diamonds to get it anyway. :rolleyes:

xivarmy

The trouble with this is that you don't know going into the event that you're going to have bad luck, so it really isn't a solution unless you save every one of your Footballs until the last day or so.
Well I mean it *is* a solution. Noone forces you to spend early... And the first 720 yards with the +1 you could do early and decide later whether to keep going with the +1 and maybe even squeeze some specials coach in because you had good luck ; or go league coach because you had bad luck and your only hope is to push for bronze now.

And it certainly wouldn't take til the very last day to know your luck was awful ; might be the last day if you were riding the line close - but awful? You'll have a pretty good idea of that by halfway through that you think footballs from incidents are some sort of fiction.

There is the reasonable contention though that your average player probably does not want to go through the work to calculate an estimated balls remaining from uncompleted/unreleased quests and daily connections and yards reachable with those balls to come up with this strategy though.

You want to argue it shouldn't be this hard? I have no objection - i was fine with it, but I enjoy silly math problems and this is a purely subjective matter.

You want to argue impossibility? That's a little far - and as far as I've seen, demonstrably incorrect for this event this year. A possible 0-incident strategy existed on every world I checked (you'd need to find one with a significant abnormally high bronze-league cutoff to show otherwise).

Have you not read the other posts? There was no difference between the Ultimate Coach and the Progress Coach with respect to gaining yards. If using the UC resulted in 1200+ yards (which it did) then using the PC would have achieved the same result. I did not need to use the PC to understand this, the Coach's stats speak for themselves. You are wrong. Getting the complete building did not require spending diamonds and this has been verified by other players. If you were unsuccessful, or had to spend diamonds to be successful, then your strategy was to blame.
What strategy pray tell? Use progress coach and go with the most efficient player? Yeah, I did that as I have already said several times!!!!!!!!!!! Did you not read my posts? I guess I didn't get lucky enough with incidents and since I also didn't make into bronze with what I had I went and paid some diamonds which got me the last upgrade I needed and got me into bronze by the skin of my teeth. Had I known how things would work out I would have saved all my footballs for the last day and paid for ultimate coach. And the difference with ultimate coach is you also double league points, making it far more likely to get into bronze league and for a lot of people the bronze league upgrade was the difference between completing or not completing. I'm sure you're aware of that but since you neglect to mention it I'm guessing acknowledging that undercuts your argument.

Guess I'll use ultimate coach next year although I won't be surprised if they jack up the price of ultimate coach again and finagle the event to make it even more difficult to complete without diamonds. But I'm sure there will still be a few people who will get lucky enough with incidents to come onto the forum and say "See?!?!!? I could complete without diamonds, your strategy must suck!" And then proceed to to pat themselves on the back for being the Rommel of FoE.

Anyway, I can see this discussion is like trying to argue with a wall. You can go ahead and rebut most rebuttingly but I'm done.

Johnny B. Goode

If the rewards are worth spending diamonds on, I will. Same as you I suppose. Otherwise, what is the point of us having diamond farms?,
Mine is now mostly to pay for Diamond expansions. Since I won't spend any more money on Diamonds, I can't afford to spend them on every event building that comes along. And I'm not going to tie myself to the game for extended periods to farm GBG for more Diamonds, I prefer having a real life, too.

Angry.Blanket

Mine is now mostly to pay for Diamond expansions. Since I won't spend any more money on Diamonds, I can't afford to spend them on every event building that comes along. And I'm not going to tie myself to the game for extended periods to farm GBG for more Diamonds, I prefer having a real life, too.
I see people using this phrase a lot, I don't get it
I am in a real house using a real computer, I am a real person, i use a real mouse to click on stuff, I use a real Key board to argue with people.
I play this game in real Life.
Are some of you not really here? Do some of you pretend you actually live in these cities?
I have a lot of things I do in my Real Life and one of them is play FOE.

Johnny B. Goode

I see people using this phrase a lot, I don't get it
I am in a real house using a real computer, I am a real person, i use a real mouse to click on stuff, I use a real Key board to argue with people.
I play this game in real Life.
Are some of you not really here? Do some of you pretend you actually live in these cities?
I have a lot of things I do in my Real Life and one of them is play FOE.
Oh, come on. Real life is everything outside of FoE (or other video/computer games). FoE (and other video/computer games) is a temporary escape from real life. The ones who spend most of their day on FoE (or other video/computer games) are the ones who might be pretending they actually live in these cities. But you know all that.

Angry.Blanket

Oh, come on. Real life is everything outside of FoE (or other video/computer games). FoE (and other video/computer games) is a temporary escape from real life. The ones who spend most of their day on FoE (or other video/computer games) are the ones who might be pretending they actually live in these cities. But you know all that.
I dont need to escape from my real life, i like my real . FOE is part of it, not the most enjoyable part nor the biggest part, but part of it all the same.
The activity we do every day are all part of our lives, If you play FOE to escape your real life then look at the things in life that you need to escape from and eliminate them.

Angry.Blanket

Get real , not everyone has your perfect life. People have stressful careers, abusive partners , chronic illness , infirm and the list goes on. You are back pedaling on some semantics game you are playing and it's a bad fit.
None of that makes this not real, Stressful careers and abusive partners need to be eliminated from our lives, chronic illness and infirm are all the more reason to play FOE in real life, Fantasy = Me singing like Sam Cooke, all in my head not real outside my own imagination. Real life = arguing with you guys on FOE forums, really happening, and a bit stressful, possibly needs to be eliminated from my life.

Angry.Blanket

Arguing ? Well then I see you found what needs to be eliminated from your life. So can we expect to see much less of you and your important life on here then ?
Arguing ? Well then I see you found what needs to be eliminated from your life. So can we expect to see much less of you and your important life on here then ?
Probably wood be a good Idea, that way I would have more time for my fantasy's