• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Get your first two great buildings in less than a month

DeletedUser

Since I promised I would be doing Glarg Strategy and GS only, here's a question to the strategists of you.... how long should you stay in BA? I got scolded in my old world by a veteran quest looper for not staying long enough and scolded by another for staying too short! Both of them were veteran players and I didn't know who to listen to! Anyone have a thought on this (how long you should stay in BA?)
upload_2017-8-21_10-26-13.jpeg

Algona

If all you want is your first GB then stay until you get it.

But.if you want

75 BA Goods, 4500 Coins, 4500 Supplies, 4 useless BPs, 15 Inventory FPs, and 20 Medals per day. All unplunderable. In addition there is the production of the city itself.

Per. Day.

Then read this post and my following posts:

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...in-less-than-a-month.13426/page-3#post-143566

to velebrate the 5 month annoversary of that city I dropped Arc to go along with the other 8 GBs I have. I'll be fropping Inno Tower and Chateau when I decide I've leveled my Arc high enough.

Until you have the GB prints you want from BA then move up imo.

For me that'd be Zeus then off to Iron Age I go and camp until LoA set done.

You're squandering an immense opportunity.

If I told you I could save you 1500 FPs and 6 weeks of your time would you listen to why?

Last edited:

DeletedUser28670

WELL this might be the only moment in FoE when I wish I had a "Delete FPs" button. (and quite possibly the only moment I'll have "useless" FPs.)

Hmmm, let me explain..... This is my situation. Figured I'd do a progress report along with this rant about useless fps. 36 blacksmiths, 3 bps away from Zeus and 4 away from Babel.

I'm at the end of the BA tech tree; I saved 1 tech for an event ('cause the alternatives are damn hard for me, and I know from experience that all decent events have a "research tech" quest.). I researched all the techs I could in IA, being careful not to unlock any, and ... now I'm basically stuck with useless FPs until I get my first GB or go into IA. I figure there's no way I can use these FPs, except on trades.

Yeah..... how will I do the "Spend 8 FPs" RC now?

DeletedUser31392

So I started a new city on Rugnir to test this out,along with a few other strategies I have learned from reading the CR HQS guide.

I started early morning on Friday the 29th, and by the end of the day yesterday I had planted my ToB, went to bed in sticks and woke up in bricks.

I managed to time my collection of ToB prints perfectly in line with finishing the last expansion tech in BA, as well as having Slingshots prepped for upcoming event. I have a total of 5 techs saved for Events in case the alternate is to donate goods to treasury (or no alternate at all).

I spent the majority of my day Friday and Saturday hopping between Guilds while getting my Blacksmith farm prepped. On Saturday I also decided to keep 1 Spearfighter Barrack and use my troops to terrorize my hood (80ish players to tackle). With only 2 left in the tourney I was able to overtake 1st place by about 5k points earning my extra 10 medals.

I do not have players in my hood on my friendlist, being able to attack 70+ players with only 4 Spearfighters will ensure I can snag 10 extra medals a week with little issues. (This is also the first world I have been plundering players in, and I'm confused why someone would have 2 different goods buildings as not their deposits)

On day 1 I filled my friend requests with players ranked over 1mil, and on day 2 began adjusting to ensure at least 90% of my friends have red cloths in Tavern, the remains few have blue. I now have 79 players on my list (with 1 still not accepted and he is next to replace). This will help me continue to gain higher era prints after I stop my guild hopping. They range from PE to OF so I have a large variety, and when I settle on a guild I will be adjusting again to ensure I have 79 guildmates different from my 80 higher age friends.

The red cloths have paid off in giving me about 7 fps per day, and on Saturday when adjusting I felt I got around 11 from Tavern visits.

So far I have received Diamonds from both the collect coins and supplies quests, the forge point and research quests, the Blacksmith quest, and the UBQ. (120 in total). I did have 500 to start with so I used them on premium expansions to give me the most amount of space to work with. I also did the Browser/Mobile quest to gain the free 50 medals for 2 Victory Expansions total, and currently have 80/200 for the next.

At the end of my 4th full day I have 134.3k coins; 3k supplies (only because I have been doing UBQs when collecting Helmets and spent the rest on Spearfighters); 12 fp packs; 80 medals; 42 Blscksmiths; 12 Chalets; 3 Taverns; and kept my Longhouse (for the extra 8 population for the present time); 1 Spearfighter Barracks; 208 BA, 114 IA, 25 EMA, and 10 LMA goods (Checking each Guild market as I swapped Guilds allowed me to find a few steals on trades listed).

ToB is also 22/60 to level 2 at the moment. I have no desire to take on Zues at the present time. I will be adding LoA when I gain the requisite prints and goods to allow me to balance coijs and supplies to do a UBQ after each Collect Coin and Spend FP quest I do, and not just after each Helmet Quest.

The Goal I have set in mind is to continue Guild Hopping to obtain full sets of prints for Arc and CF, with enough Goods and FPs stashed away (or enough coins to supplement the missing packs) to place both within my first week inside of IA.

This will eventually turn into a varient on the CR HQS city, with a spin of my own design. Starting here using Glarg's and Algona's advice, paired with bits of CR's, should allow me to ultimately surpass my original city on Sinerania in 6 months time.

PS: forgot to mention somewhere I've also been using the Treasure Hunt and have gained mostly FPs (hoping for medals but hey who wants to complain about free fps?). Thought this was a good idea to add into the strategy, though I do know it will be taken from us soon enough.

DeletedUser27889

I'll be fropping Inno Tower and Chateau when I decide I've leveled my Arc high enough.
I'm curious why you held off on Chateau or why Chat and SMB weren't your first go to's when buying goods? I know you obviously do have a reason why you planned your GBs out how you have.

DeletedUser30884

I have a question about this helmet quest. It takes a day to make a helmet, and I have 22 Blacksmiths. How do you get to do this quest more than once a day?
I can have 22 helmets by tomorrow.

DeletedUser31592

I have a question about this helmet quest. It takes a day to make a helmet, and I have 22 Blacksmiths. How do you get to do this quest more than once a day?
You abort until it comes back up again. You can harvest all 22 Blacksmiths by completing the helmet quest 11 times in a row. I'd recommend doing the Unbirthday Quest in the cycle to get back to the helmet quest.

Algona

I'm curious why you held off on Chateau or why Chat and SMB weren't your first go to's when buying goods? I know you obviously do have a reason why you planned your GBs out how you have.

I'm not sure what you are asking. nut I'll try to answer.

I'd really like Chateau earlier in the process because I do around a dozen RQs a day. Getting the ProgE Goods was something I'd have to put 200+ FPs into and I didn;t want to delay Traz. I could have gone Chat or Traz, I wanted Traz because the biggest reason I did this was to experiment and learn early Era GE fighting.

I already had SMB. One of the byproducts of BA Guild Hopping was having a lot of SMB BPs, I didn't have to fo a lot of SMB NP hunting.

I can;t stress that enough! The BA Guild Hopping gets you a LOT of FREE higher Era BPs. You know those ones a mundane start spends days and weeks and scores and hundreds of FPs chasing.

DeletedUser

You abort until it comes back up again. You can harvest all 22 Blacksmiths by completing the helmet quest 11 times in a row. I'd recommend doing the Unbirthday Quest in the cycle to get back to the helmet quest.
To be specific, you collect 2 of the 22 Blacksmiths, then cycle through the recurring quests until you get to the 2 Helmet quest again, then collect 2 more Blacksmiths, and so on until you've collected all 22 Blacksmiths. As JCera said, you can complete it 11 times in one day with 22 Blacksmiths. :)

DeletedUser27184

To be specific, you collect 2 of the 22 Blacksmiths, then cycle through the recurring quests until you get to the 2 Helmet quest again, then collect 2 more Blacksmiths, and so on until you've collected all 22 Blacksmiths. As JCera said, you can complete it 11 times in one day with 22 Blacksmiths. :)
And while doing it, try to do the "unbirthday party" quest too. It needs you to pay supply and gold, but you will get a lot of goods, medals and FP out of it.

DeletedUser27848

Update on my S World progress:

Just advanced to EMA. I blazed through the Tech Sprint to unlock Clapboard houses. My only problem is I didn't have enough coin to immediately replace my Cottages with Clapboard houses, and Butcher Shops with Tanneries. So it's gonna take me a day or 3 to get all my houses-Tanneries built. Kinda screwed up there... my bad.

Currently I have 23 Tanneries, 10 Clapboards, Zeus Lvl 6 20/330, ToB Lvl 5 51/270, Hagia Lvl 6 36/380 & LoA Lvl 5 128/290.
5 Rogue Hideouts, 1 Sundial Spire, 2 Victory Towers.

I have reserved space for St.Marks, and of the relevant GBs, I have full sets of blueprints for StM, CDM, CoA.

Hanging onto a few Cottages + 1 Villa (won in GE), until I can replace them w Clapboards.

I have to admit I'm not smart enough to figure out just how many Tanneries - Clapboard houses I will end up with, but guessing something like 30 Tanneries?

I intend to park here for a month or so. Just crank out as many quests as possible, amass as much goods, FP packs as possible.

DeletedUser31592

Update on my S World progress:

Just advanced to EMA. I blazed through the Tech Sprint to unlock Clapboard houses. My only problem is I didn't have enough coin to immediately replace my Cottages with Clapboard houses, and Butcher Shops with Tanneries. So it's gonna take me a day or 3 to get all my houses-Tanneries built. Kinda screwed up there... my bad.

Currently I have 23 Tanneries, 10 Clapboards, Zeus Lvl 6 20/330, ToB Lvl 5 51/270, Hagia Lvl 6 36/380 & LoA Lvl 5 128/290.
5 Rogue Hideouts, 1 Sundial Spire, 2 Victory Towers.

I have reserved space for St.Marks, and of the relevant GBs, I have full sets of blueprints for StM, CDM, CoA.

Hanging onto a few Cottages + 1 Villa (won in GE), until I can replace them w Clapboards.

I have to admit I'm not smart enough to figure out just how many Tanneries - Clapboard houses I will end up with, but guessing something like 30 Tanneries?

I intend to park here for a month or so. Just crank out as many quests as possible, amass as much goods, FP packs as possible.

I'd hold off on changing everything over to tanneries. Shoemakers are much more efficient. I wouldn't race the tech tree for them, but I also wouldn't spend the resources to change my whole city over to tanneries. I would build a few so you can start going for the 24-hour quests (bear hides, was it?), but you want you want your city full of shoemakers.

DeletedUser27848

Bear Hides... that's the recurring quest. So Tanneries it is.

DeletedUser31392

Bear Hides... that's the recurring quest. So Tanneries it is.
There's one for shoemakers as well. Same size, bigger payout in supplies. Hardly more population.

Though having a few of the tanneries can get you the 20 diamonds from that quest as well.

DeletedUser28670

There's one for shoemakers as well. Same size, bigger payout in supplies. Hardly more population.

Though having a few of the tanneries can get you the 20 diamonds from that quest as well.
Less pop- more tanneries. More pop- less shoemakers. Simple!

DeletedUser31592

As I said, I would build both in order to get some diamonds, but no more than 2-4 tanneries. (In my opinion.) Anything else is a waste. Shoemakers are more efficient.