• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Get your first two great buildings in less than a month

Planted Zeus in the mud...still not up yet. That makes 2 GBs, or 3 if you count the Oracle "gift" in less than 3 weeks using the basic RQ stategy and guild hopping for a few hours almost daily.

My biggest is issue with not staying in BA is that there is virtually no way to do the Winter Quest. It requires fighting and I am blocked from the BA PvP Tower until IA and joining a guild for week before I can do GE is a waste of time and RQ rewards. I will go one more day in BA and then jump to IA to open up the BA PvP Tower so I can move on with the Quest. I realize some of the quest could be done with IA goods but since I am not in IA I can't donate IA goods and guilds don't take BA goods. I see no other option if I want to get prizes from the Winter Quest.

It is a shame but I guess I got out as much as I could with the time I spent on the strategy. No regrets as this city has given me more BPs, goods, points, GBs, coins and Friend requests in two and a half weeks than months in my other cities.

Now to see where this jump start leads in the weeks ahead.

OK, this is my final update...really it is.

Final Numbers for 17 days on and off 3-4 hours on some days, 1 hour on others, doing the Modified Glarg strategy:

In addition to the Helmet, UBDQ, Gather Coins and 8 FP quests, I also did the Gather Supplies quest with the help of the Oracle which gives 1750 supplies every day at level 4. Also did the Do 2 Tech. quest until I ran out of them in BA.

Tavern is at 10 chairs to maximize Silver and I have used the 4 hour Supplies Boost to keep my supplies high enough to keep the UBDQ going.

Kept culling my Friends list to weed out the less active or low BA members. Everybody says to Friend those in higher ages that you can but many won't go backwards so it is harder to Friend up a couple of Age levels; especially when you are a lowly BA player.

Every Guild I entered in the looping I checked for decent trades...Soooo many bad trades out there...very unfair to the buyer mostly.
Really hard to find guilds bigger than 20 players...takes a ton of time to weed through the smaller guilds; resorted to looping guilds with 10 players for a while becaure there was nothing else out there. Very time consuming.

GBs up: Oracle level 4.5, Babel level 2.5, Zeus level 1.
BPs:full sets for Zeus, Babel, CoA, LoA
BPs: 8 unique for Col, SBC.
Total number of BPs=252

Forge Points in Inventory=265
Coin: 286k
Supplies:20k
Medals=242

Total Points=9453
#1 in my Hood

BA Goods:557
IA Goods:198
EMA Goods:116
HMA Goods:10
LMA Goods:15

The tip on selecting the Friends Tab and then back to the Guild tab to reset the Guilds is a Winner! It has saved me tons of time by looking for larger guilds.

Would have stayed longer in BA if not for the Winter Event...too much to lose by staying in BA and not being able to participate in the Event.

Thanks to all those that shared their hints and experiences..it all helped a ton.

DeletedUser34477

I am new to this game and would like some advice from you guys.

These recurring quests do you only get them at the end of every age once every other quest is complete?

Is it best to stay in Bronze Age for a good while to stock up on a lot of forge points, blue prints and whatnot?

What are the recurring quests like in higher ages? For example if we get 5fp packages in Bronze Age do we get more in Iron Age?

I can take my time playing games. I just want to build a very good foundation and be able to dominate my neighborhood :)

DeletedUser27889

These recurring quests do you only get them at the end of every age once every other quest is complete?
After a bonus questline in LMA you wont have to wait until the end of an era to access them. Once at the end you will be able to run 2 RQs at the same time. Not the same one twice though.

Is it best to stay in Bronze Age for a good while to stock up on a lot of forge points, blue prints and whatnot?
I prefer doing it in IA once I get all the BPs for Zeus + Babel. I like the ability to donate FP and play GE but it's a personal choice.

What are the recurring quests like in higher ages?
Mostly the same, but higher requirements.
http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Recurring_Quests
For example if we get 5fp packages in Bronze Age do we get more in Iron Age?
No. 5FP back is a medium FP pack. Small is 2, Med is 5 Large is 10. The recurring quests always give a chance at a medium pack. Chateau does not boost FP rewards so 5 at a time is max.

DeletedUser34477

Thank you for the quick reply. Also I have started this and I see Produce 2 tomatoes as a recurring quests.. Do you know which ones are the most effective to do over and over again?

Going by what was shown on the 1st page you really only want Blacksmiths? Do the blacksmith recurring quest and the coin one by motivating/ polishing in guilds?

I just noticed when you leave a guild you cant rejoin for 7 days though

As for expansions is there a known "best way"? I do not know the sizes of all the building in the game so I am not sure if it's best to just go length-wise or if to expand in all directions

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31592

^ You want blacksmiths because you can fit more of them in there. More buildings = more quests you can fulfill. So you always want to exclusively use the smallest of the supply buildings.

Snarko

If you use slinger ranges and a spearfighter barracks then you can do the "train 2 slingers and 2 spearfighters" repeating quest every hour. If you can do it many times each day it's better than blacksmiths. If you can only do it a couple times a day then go with blacksmiths.

If you plan on staying in bronze age a long time (generally not a good idea) then you can do all of the different repeating quests until they've given you diamonds. (keep notes!)

Algona

There is no reason to use this Guide if your only goal is to get a GB. Get the Oracle and move on to IA where the real fun is.

But if you want a fast start that will shave months off your progress and save you hundreds of FPs, then read on.

After a bonus questline in LMA you wont have to wait until the end of an era to access them. Once at the end you will be able to run 2 RQs at the same time. Not the same one twice though.

This answer reads wrong to me. The answer seems to say you can't get RQs mid Era until finishing the post LMA Bonus Line.

A player can access RQs at any time in any Era by stopping advancement on the tech tree and aborting or completing all pending Side Quests.

Go read this post of mine and subsequent posts, it explains what I did and the results.

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...in-less-than-a-month.13426/page-3#post-143566

Stay in BA as long as you can stand it. Moving to IA slows this process because of the increased space for Production buildings, the increased cost of Spend X FP, the loss of relative income of Aid Coins compared to the higher Collect XXXX Coins, and the increased cost of UBQs.

The only difference I'd make todyay: Get the Oracle up as soon as possible for your FP dump then once you get Zeus or Babel, self level those instead.

Stay in BA!

Last edited:

DeletedUser31592

If you use slinger ranges and a spearfighter barracks then you can do the "train 2 slingers and 2 spearfighters" repeating quest every hour. If you can do it many times each day it's better than blacksmiths. If you can only do it a couple times a day then go with blacksmiths.

If you plan on staying in bronze age a long time (generally not a good idea) then you can do all of the different repeating quests until they've given you diamonds. (keep notes!)

Those quests disappear. I haven't exactly pinpointed what causes them to disappear, but I think it has to do with the tech tree. Regardless, I've never even been able to complete ONE, much less multiples of it. I camped in BA from the day Z opened until last week- so nearly 4 months.

Snarko

Technically it's not the quest I wrote. It's have four slingers and four spearfighters. The reason I wrote train 2 is because you get the quest if you have two of each but not if you have three or more.

So you have to make sure you have two slingers and two spearfighters. Then you train slingers in two different buildings while training a spearfighter in one. Once the slingers are ready you collect all three units with the quest up, then train another spearfighter. Wait 20 seconds (possibly less depending on guild level), collect your second spearfighter. Then delete two spearfighters and two slingers, so that the quest will appear again.

I have done that quest with most BA techs done and FP bar filled on the first three IA techs, so I doubt tech makes them disappear. Usually people don't see unit quests because they have too many of the units.

DeletedUser27889

This answer reads wrong to me. The answer seems to say you can't get RQs mid Era until finishing the post LMA Bonus Line.

A player can access RQs at any time in any Era by stopping advancement on the tech tree and aborting or completing all pending Side Quests.
Yes my phrasing should have been better with that.

DeletedUser34894

Quick question. I am following this guide and I'm still in the Bronze age. I am getting blueprints for GB other than Zeus and Oracle - I guess they changed the rules? I am leveling up the Oracle right now but I need 4 blueprints for Zeus I cannot seem to get. I have 6 of one Zeus blueprint!

So here is my question. Since this guide was written, are there any changes that would change this strategy? Or should I be patient and just wait to get Zeus before going to Iron Age? Thanks.

DeletedUser13736

Quick question. I am following this guide and I'm still in the Bronze age. I am getting blueprints for GB other than Zeus and Oracle - I guess they changed the rules? I am leveling up the Oracle right now but I need 4 blueprints for Zeus I cannot seem to get. I have 6 of one Zeus blueprint!

So here is my question. Since this guide was written, are there any changes that would change this strategy? Or should I be patient and just wait to get Zeus before going to Iron Age? Thanks.
First question: You can get other BP's from aiding another player's city in a different/higher age than yours. So if you motivate a progressive age city, you might get a Traz BP.
Second question: The process that I follow when I can't get the BP I need:
If I need the BP and I have extra BP's of one and have not built the GB yet, I will trade the BP's I can. So I would reccomend trading those 5 BP's that you don't need at this moment. After the GB is built, I do not trade BP's of that GB anymore.
Just my two cents :)

DeletedUser26965

This is not a strategy it's an exploit of the scripting easy button called Aid. But nothing has changed that inno has announce that would affect the exploit. The prints you get depend on the Age/Era of building that gets p/m. So you'll just have to keep hopping if you want that SoZ. Oh, and if you leave IA then you lose all your IA neighbors next merge so therefore theoretically losing more chances at IA bp's.

DeletedUser34894

First question: You can get other BP's from aiding another player's city in a different/higher age than yours. So if you motivate a progressive age city, you might get a Traz BP.
Second question: The process that I follow when I can't get the BP I need:
If I need the BP and I have extra BP's of one and have not built the GB yet, I will trade the BP's I can. So I would reccomend trading those 5 BP's that you don't need at this moment. After the GB is built, I do not trade BP's of that GB anymore.
Just my two cents :)

Ah! I didn't know I could trade! Thank you! I'm going to do that now! :)

DeletedUser36556

Was this guide made before creation of oracle of Delphi? I had to do this quest as part of story quest and building it was part of these quests. It was free to build and even though it might not be the best gb it does solve the nothing to do with fp delemma. Once you do the ba tree you can just pour your fps there. It provides happiness and supplies. And takes up the same amount of tavern but even at level one provides more happiness. Therefore there is really no reason not to do have it. Am I wrong here?

Graviton

Was this guide made before creation of oracle of Delphi? I had to do this quest as part of story quest and building it was part of these quests. It was free to build and even though it might not be the best gb it does solve the nothing to do with fp delemma. Once you do the ba tree you can just pour your fps there. It provides happiness and supplies. And takes up the same amount of tavern but even at level one provides more happiness. Therefore there is really no reason not to do have it. Am I wrong here?

The Oracle is fairly new so I'm sure the guide was written prior to its introduction. OoD is a fine helping hand when your city is young. Many players delete it fairly quickly though, I doubt that a lot of people carry it out of IA.

DeletedUser36556

Yeah they probably made it so people would feel better about hanging out in the ba for a while and not waste fp