• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

I don't have a chart, but a lot of expansions and goods buildings will have to be skipped.

Skip every tech possible. I did not see this guide early enough, and so used up some techs I could have saved.
Event buildings will give you the goods needed for each age (as you age them up, leave some in each previous era to keep getting previous era's goods.
Try to never choose a research option for event quests. I also skipped any DC that asked to take sectors, unless it coincidentally occurred when I had to take a sector for as troy quest. I was much more careful from mid IrA onward, but it I'm not sure if I've the 3 spare techs to get all the PME units while still in IA. (should be able to get all PE and ME ones, though)
I reread Uber's brilliant guide each time I advance on the story quest, just to make sure I do it right ;)

Pike

I am in PE and have currently taken 8 provinces on the CE map, skipping the two as specified in the instructions. Unfortunately, I didn't skip the tech blocker (I saw this part in the instructions too late). Is there still a way to get hoover tanks without progressing from PE (and completing the tech blocker)?

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

I am in PE and have currently taken 8 provinces on the CE map, skipping the two as specified in the instructions. Unfortunately, I didn't skip the tech blocker (I saw this part in the instructions too late). Is there still a way to get hoover tanks without progressing from PE (and completing the tech blocker)?
If you didn't skip the tech blocker quest, you're stuck until PME.

LGLiNGK

I just wanted to know if I should age up to PME or CE in order to get the Hovers and OF Troops based on the information I gave so I can plan accordingly. Its still a bit unclear.

UBERhelp1

I just wanted to know if I should age up to PME or CE in order to get the Hovers and OF Troops based on the information I gave so I can plan accordingly. Its still a bit unclear.
Because you have all the CE sectors scouted and the one province taken already, you'll get stuck at the CE tech blocker. To pass it, you'll have to move up to CE unfortunately.

also skipped any DC that asked to take sectors, unless it coincidentally occurred when I had to take a sector for as story quest.
Great advice (that I should've taken a long time ago)!!

I'm currently in CE and conquered the first 2 provinces of the AF map via fight/neg mix (oops). Assuming I'll skip taking any additional provinces until I make the move to FE, would you suggest I now just fight my way through?

UBERhelp1

Great advice (that I should've taken a long time ago)!!

I'm currently in CE and conquered the first 2 provinces of the AF map via fight/neg mix (oops). Assuming I'll skip taking any additional provinces until I make the move to FE, would you suggest I now just fight my way through?
It won't matter too much. Fighting is definitely the easiest.

Space Age Marz

Uber ... many thanks for the time and effort you spend on behalf of the FoE community. My question relates to Higher Age Troops in ME. I conquered the first two provinces by force and completed the Rin Gozen section of the ME Storyline. The Rin Gozen Warriors side quest did not appear. Subsequently I have completed 10 of the 11 provinces on the ME map, all by force, and the side quest still has not appeared. I have progressed strictly by the sequence of the storyline. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Same issue, no Rin Gozen’s Warriors side quest shows up

Edit: Warriors showed up after completing Rin Gozen’s Honor (nego variant) but Rin Gozen’s Death (the fighting variant) did not even though I fought through the map.

Last edited:

Klaaa

Just got 4 hover tanks in IndA thanks to this guide!!! Question, since Howitzers can detect stealth, and none of PE troops has it, should I move up and fight in PE instead of staying in IndA?

UBERhelp1

Just got 4 hover tanks in IndA thanks to this guide!!! Question, since Howitzers can detect stealth, and none of PE troops has it, should I move up and fight in PE instead of staying in IndA?
You could. It really depends on what you prefer. If you are taking too much damage on the hovers in InA, then moving to PE could help.

It won't matter too much. Fighting is definitely the easiest.
Awesome! Thank you for replying...1 more question; Being in CE and having FE troops, at what point/province/map should I stop advancing through the AF map and beyond to ensure maximum benefit through Story Quests? I'm out of expansion options. Thanks again!

LGLiNGK

Because you have all the CE sectors scouted and the one province taken already, you'll get stuck at the CE tech blocker. To pass it, you'll have to move up to CE unfortunately.
Thank you very much. Will see how it goes once I get to CE.

UBERhelp1

Awesome! Thank you for replying...1 more question; Being in CE and having FE troops, at what point/province/map should I stop advancing through the AF map and beyond to ensure maximum benefit through Story Quests? I'm out of expansion options. Thanks again!
Personally, I'd just keep pushing the map as far as you can. You can get a decent number of expansions.

Klaaa

before OF getting tech lock, should I just complete truth or dare? Would that change next main quest back to PME?

UBERhelp1

before OF getting tech lock, should I just complete truth or dare? Would that change next main quest back to PME?
It would. I suppose you could do that if you wanted. Though you'll be taken back to the PME blocker and get stuck there anyways until you get to PME

Klaaa

It would. I suppose you could do that if you wanted. Though you'll be taken back to the PME blocker and get stuck there anyways until you get to PME

Thanks! because I figure if I will get tech lock in OF anyway, might as well get my recurring quest slot back

Major Briggs

Does anyone have any experience with reviving later-age troops, that disapears even though the seemed to revive just fine in the first place?