• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

Pericles the Lion

UBER, thanks again for the guide. Hover Tanks in InA are gold dust. I have a question though. When auto-battling in GBG the HTs still take a some damage, from howitzers because they can ignore stealth. I'm their considering aging up to PE where no units have this skill. Can anyone share their experience? Are the HTs less vulnerable in PE?

UBERhelp1

UBER, thanks again for the guide. Hover Tanks in InA are gold dust. I have a question though. When auto-battling in GBG the HTs still take a some damage, from howitzers because they can ignore stealth. I'm their considering aging up to PE where no units have this skill. Can anyone share their experience? Are the HTs less vulnerable in PE?
That might be an option. I haven't tried it personally, so I can't speak for whether it's better or not

JaketheBear3

Question: I am following the guide (Thanks Uber for your Investment in Time), I am in CA and reached the world Cmap > Negotiated Havre > Scouted 3 sectors > then began fighting in Kriegriech. I basically waiting and following the Story Quest line.

I completed the "Host the Delegates" quest, and then got served a Story Quest that is not in the list and blocking me since I am in CA.

"TOTAL WAR" / Build Military Rack from InA or PE, this blocks me....

I searched for Total War but can't find any reference to it?

I most likely did something out of sequence, I been only doing techs and map if the Story Quest tells me to....

Any insight would be valuable to my progression, thanks in advance

UBERhelp1

Question: I am following the guide (Thanks Uber for your Investment in Time), I am in CA and reached the world Cmap > Negotiated Havre > Scouted 3 sectors > then began fighting in Kriegriech. I basically waiting and following the Story Quest line.

I completed the "Host the Delegates" quest, and then got served a Story Quest that is not in the list and blocking me since I am in CA.

"TOTAL WAR" / Build Military Rack from InA or PE, this blocks me....

I searched for Total War but can't find any reference to it?

I most likely did something out of sequence, I been only doing techs and map if the Story Quest tells me to....

Any insight would be valuable to my progression, thanks in advance
I've never seen that before. Inno might have added it without saying so. I doubt it was your fault.

TreeMan3210

Hi. I wanted to follow the Oceanic Future troops in Industrial Age part but may have done a stupid mistake, and seek for advice now.

I got to the "Your Choice: Truth or Dare" quest, and then pushed through the CE map (with skipping sectors as requested in part 4). However, I did not yet acquire any of the TE provinces, and in this state completed a bonus quest (I still have the InA bonus questline ongoing). This bonus questline slot immediately jumped all the way over to the CE quest "Dictator's Defeat", and now I am worried, that I get the tech blocker when I continue with the CE story questline, as I expected to get here only after I acquired Agadar. Am I 100% stuck now?

I could continue with the CE questline or go ahead with the TE cMap, but wanted to ask here before performing any more actions.

UBERhelp1

Hi. I wanted to follow the Oceanic Future troops in Industrial Age part but may have done a stupid mistake, and seek for advice now.

I got to the "Your Choice: Truth or Dare" quest, and then pushed through the CE map (with skipping sectors as requested in part 4). However, I did not yet acquire any of the TE provinces, and in this state completed a bonus quest (I still have the InA bonus questline ongoing). This bonus questline slot immediately jumped all the way over to the CE quest "Dictator's Defeat", and now I am worried, that I get the tech blocker when I continue with the CE story questline, as I expected to get here only after I acquired Agadar. Am I 100% stuck now?

I could continue with the CE questline or go ahead with the TE cMap, but wanted to ask here before performing any more actions.
Just don't touch the CE questline and instead go ahead with the TE map. Once you get Agadar, then you should be able to continue the story questline and it should work.

TreeMan3210

Thanks, I will progress as you suggest. Also, is there a known reason why I jumped over to "Dictator's Defeat", and not the beginning of the CE questline? Or why exactly this trick with skipping the blocker even works? I do understand the reasoning behind " Your Choice: Truth or Dare" (as it is technically a side quest and not story quest), but the rest seems very surprising to me.

UBERhelp1

Thanks, I will progress as you suggest. Also, is there a known reason why I jumped over to "Dictator's Defeat", and not the beginning of the CE questline? Or why exactly this trick with skipping the blocker even works? I do understand the reasoning behind " Your Choice: Truth or Dare" (as it is technically a side quest and not story quest), but the rest seems very surprising to me.
I'm not sure exactly why the questline jumps, but it probably has something to do with triggers on the cMap affecting what quests you get. I think it messes up slightly and gets confused, and then just jumps to quests further on.

baldius

same happened to me i just left dictators death until i did agadar then it jumped to FE story u completely skip CE and TE story as long as u skipped the sectors in each im just getting my 4th hover tank atm

shibbster

HUGE thanks to @UBERhelp1 and @Stefanos 83163 for their sage wisdom. Both of you rock! I have a quick question for the awesome folks here. I am currently in Iron Age, and looking to age up to EMA later this week. It looks like the tech tree is super important, so I want to use my EMA research efficiently. Here is where my story line is:

Story quest: Karl's plea (HMA)
Bonus quest: Assault and assassination (EMA)
Recurring quest

I have negotiated up to colonial, but have not taken the ship to Indy. Is it still possible for me to get hover tanks in Indy? Was thinking about using my EMA research to get to the last HMA quest (need to research 2 cultural buildings), and then leaving that open to block future quests. Super curious if the gurus here have any advice? Huge thanks in advance!!!

UBERhelp1

HUGE thanks to @UBERhelp1 and @Stefanos 83163 for their sage wisdom. Both of you rock! I have a quick question for the awesome folks here. I am currently in Iron Age, and looking to age up to EMA later this week. It looks like the tech tree is super important, so I want to use my EMA research efficiently. Here is where my story line is:

Story quest: Karl's plea (HMA)
Bonus quest: Assault and assassination (EMA)
Recurring quest

I have negotiated up to colonial, but have not taken the ship to Indy. Is it still possible for me to get hover tanks in Indy? Was thinking about using my EMA research to get to the last HMA quest (need to research 2 cultural buildings), and then leaving that open to block future quests. Super curious if the gurus here have any advice? Huge thanks in advance!!!
You can still get hovers in InA. I'd recommend skipping as many techs as you can.

I'm not sure what you mean when you talk about leaving the last HMA quest open to block future quests?

shibbster

I'm not sure what you mean when you talk about leaving the last HMA quest open to block future quests?

Hey @UBERhelp1! Thanks for the response. My plan (which may be wrong) was to save the last HMA quest until I got to PME, then complete it to get the PME quest line. I would then complete the PME story line until I got to "Your Choice: Truth or Dare", which I would leave alone until I got to the FE map. If I'm OK only getting hover tanks in Indy, it looks like I need 13 techs. If you see any flaws with this please let me know. Can't thank you enough for putting this amazing resource together!

Drejs

Hi @UBERhelp1
I'm trying to prepare for part 6 of your guide.

Is it correctly understood that I can still go ahead and get the ME units while in CA and still be fine?
And after that should I just keep going on the cMap until right before FE or should I wait with that part until I'm going into InA?

UBERhelp1

Hi @UBERhelp1
I'm trying to prepare for part 6 of your guide.

Is it correctly understood that I can still go ahead and get the ME units while in CA and still be fine?
And after that should I just keep going on the cMap until right before FE or should I wait with that part until I'm going into InA?
You won't be able to get ME units in CA. You'll be tech blocked by the PE storyline. You could absolutely keep pushing the cMap though to FE while still in CA. That shouldn't mess anything up, as long as you remember to skip the CE and TE provinces needed.

JaketheBear3

Question: I am on the PME storyline, and have turned up "There Is More..." / Acquire Sot Dam Lay.
I have no scout available and have taken every sector I have scouted to this point EXCEPT the province below it (East) Cai Chet Nui.
In Part 3 - PostModern Troops Section you are very specific about NOT taking both of Che's provinces, only 1

• Negotiate with Che for any sector
  • Take only one out of two of Che's provinces (Rung Chien Dau or Cai Chet Nui)
  • Take a complete province next to the provinces above
  • Only negotiate Che's provinces. Don't fight him.
I was going to negotiate to see if I could get a scout, but then realized the obvious that I would be taking both provinces.

I already have the 5 MG teams, should I continue on with negotiation only or blow his world to pieces to get the Scout needed to continue down the story line?

Thanks in Advance

UBERhelp1

Question: I am on the PME storyline, and have turned up "There Is More..." / Acquire Sot Dam Lay.
I have no scout available and have taken every sector I have scouted to this point EXCEPT the province below it (East) Cai Chet Nui.
In Part 3 - PostModern Troops Section you are very specific about NOT taking both of Che's provinces, only 1

• Negotiate with Che for any sector
  • Take only one out of two of Che's provinces (Rung Chien Dau or Cai Chet Nui)
  • Take a complete province next to the provinces above
  • Only negotiate Che's provinces. Don't fight him.
I was going to negotiate to see if I could get a scout, but then realized the obvious that I would be taking both provinces.

I already have the 5 MG teams, should I continue on with negotiation only or blow his world to pieces to get the Scout needed to continue down the story line?

Thanks in Advance
If you already have the MG teams, you can take Che's sectors. That's fine.