• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

I'm at the quest "Business in Bisoraba", and took (by fighting) all of its sectors. To complete the quest, I have to "scout the provinces south of Bisoraba"
However, I don't have that option on the C-Map. I followed the story line exactly, doing only what was required.
I have not touched Kalabuye. I am guessing that I need to take it (by negotiating all sectors) to have the option to scout the remaining provinces?

UBERhelp1

I'm at the quest "Business in Bisoraba", and took (by fighting) all of its sectors. To complete the quest, I have to "scout the provinces south of Bisoraba"
However, I don't have that option on the C-Map. I followed the story line exactly, doing only what was required.
I have not touched Kalabuye. I am guessing that I need to take it (by negotiating all sectors) to have the option to scout the remaining provinces?
Yup. you might need to take Kalabuye.

Ok, thank you @UBERhelp1 . It seems I bypassed some of the story quests compared to other folks?
In direct order I completed “taking Botuku”, then got “An Old Acquaintance”, to gain 3 Exoskeleton units
Then had “Entering Bisoroba”, followed by “Greetings from a friend”, completing it for 3 Hoover tanks
Then got “Bisoraba action", winning 3 Excoskeleton units, then “Witness”. Completing witness gave me "Business in Bisoraba", for the 4th Hoover

Spizzly

Hello,
First of all thanks for this great guide @UBERhelp1 !
I'm actually in InA and I've been following your guide to get the Hovers (not enough Tech to go for higher units until moving to higher eras).

While in TE cMap the story line jumped to TE and asked me to conquer all possible provinces (which includes Villabaja and Bajatai) -not completed-. I kept pushing on the cMap and now i'm FE cMap (negotiated till Kolabug and scouted Bonta Town) but no side quest triggered nor the story line jumped to FE... I have only 2 techs available and i want to get those hoovers... Any advice/opinion?

KingJMobile

@Spizzly I think you're going to have to complete the TE Story before you can move on to the FE Story and get the Hovers. (I'm not entirely certain about it).

UBERhelp1

Hello,
First of all thanks for this great guide @UBERhelp1 !
I'm actually in InA and I've been following your guide to get the Hovers (not enough Tech to go for higher units until moving to higher eras).

While in TE cMap the story line jumped to TE and asked me to conquer all possible provinces (which includes Villabaja and Bajatai) -not completed-. I kept pushing on the cMap and now i'm FE cMap (negotiated till Kolabug and scouted Bonta Town) but no side quest triggered nor the story line jumped to FE... I have only 2 techs available and i want to get those hoovers... Any advice/opinion?
So my guess on what you did:
You held truth or dare and finished the CE map, then on the TE map you aborted an RQ and got the CE story. Then you completed that quest, and since you're on the TE map the story jumped there instead.

All you can do now is stop progressing on the FE map. You're not going to be able to get hovers, you'll be one tech too short. If you keep progressing, you could mess up your chances of getting hovers while in PE. You'll have to follow the TE story through, so do whatever it asks. You'll get partway through the FE story until you get blocked.

Warcoss

If I get the MG teams in InA am I still able to get the Hovers? I've seen that you get stuck at researching 2 PmE techs, if I'm in InA that won't be an option unless I move up

UBERhelp1

If I get the MG teams in InA am I still able to get the Hovers? I've seen that you get stuck at researching 2 PmE techs, if I'm in InA that won't be an option unless I move up
If you read further you'll see that you can indeed get the hovers. You're only stuck with the 2 PME techs if you don't stop yourself on the quest "Truth or Dare" and hold that in order to skip the blocker.

KingJMobile

@UBERhelp1 I can confirm that the TE Rio Roxo strategy works. Here's what I did:
  1. Held Truth or Dare once I got the quest
  2. Went to CE Map and got past it skipping the two provinces
  3. Went to TE Map, and as soon as I scouted I aborted a RQ and got some TE side quests
  4. Got Torrinhos, then Villariba and then scouted Rio Roxo
  5. Aborted a RQ and started the Story with "Meet Miguel Mantos"
  6. After acquiring, I got "Border Patrol" which lead to the scouting of Bajatai (south of Rio Roxo).
  7. Story Quest bit by bit telling me to slowly acquire Bajatai. It finished with "The Drug Lord" and that gave me 2 Combat Drones (which are amazing).

UBERhelp1

@UBERhelp1 I can confirm that the TE Rio Roxo strategy works. Here's what I did:
  1. Held Truth or Dare once I got the quest
  2. Went to CE Map and got past it skipping the two provinces
  3. Went to TE Map, and as soon as I scouted I aborted a RQ and got some TE side quests
  4. Got Torrinhos, then Villariba and then scouted Rio Roxo
  5. Aborted a RQ and started the Story with "Meet Miguel Mantos"
  6. After acquiring, I got "Border Patrol" which lead to the scouting of Bajatai (south of Rio Roxo).
  7. Story Quest bit by bit telling me to slowly acquire Bajatai. It finished with "The Drug Lord" and that gave me 2 Combat Drones (which are amazing).
Awesome! Thanks

Warcoss

If not caring about higher era units other than MG and hover can I negotiate the entire way? Or are there fights that are a must do?

UBERhelp1

can anyone make a screenshot which technology not to discover? currently I am in the heyday of the Middle Ages HMA and I have only 1 technologies left, am I still able to make a full tutorial?

my map :

and

ofc i wanna change my era
I'm a little confused. What troops are you going for? Colonial Aged troops in LMA? Industrial/Progressive Era Troops in CA? Hovers in InA?

lukassonek

of course, the epochs will change with the next gulid battlegrounds, I would like to get only 4 hover tanks in InA

Agnyshastra

So I am in the Postmodern Era and have conquered up till Agadar.

I have seen some conflicting information and I don't know what to do next.
After taking the first FE province, you can finish the PME story.

No, do not complete Truth or Dare. Once you get to the FE map, then complete or abort a quest that *isn't* truth or dare.

Should I complete/abort truth or dare, or any other quest?

Sorry for asking so many questions, I can only do it once so I want to do it right.

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

of course, the epochs will change with the next gulid battlegrounds, I would like to get only 4 hover tanks in InA
Ok. In that case, you have enough techs to get the hovers. However, you'll want to be careful and only research when needed while you move to InA.

I would:
- Move up to InA
- Catch up the story to where you are on the map
- Continue pushing the map and the story together, researching only as needed.

UBERhelp1

So I am in the Postmodern Era and have conquered up till Agadar.

I have seen some conflicting information and I don't know what to do next.

Should I complete/abort truth or dare, or any other quest?

Sorry for asking so many questions, I can only do it once so I want to do it right.
No you're good! That wasn't clear on my part. You should not abort/complete Truth or Dare. Abort or complete an RQ or side quest, and the story will jump to CE. Keep working with the story in that quest slot and don't touch Truth or Dare.

lukassonek

Ok. In that case, you have enough techs to get the hovers. However, you'll want to be careful and only research when needed while you move to InA.

I would:
- Move up to InA
- Catch up the story to where you are on the map
- Continue pushing the map and the story together, researching only as needed.

thanks for the hint, now I will do everything very carefully as never before: D