• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

UBERhelp1

3 Years, 400000 Views, and an Update
I can barely believe this myself, but it was exactly three years ago on Saturday, February 2, 2019 that I uploaded the revised version of my Cultural Settlements Guide to this forum and essentially published the first piece of content I ever created on my own that I could actually be proud of. I never would have guessed that I would still be writing guides, let alone playing FoE, such a long time later.

As you all know, in the time since I posted that guide, I've written two others, this Higher Age Units Guide and the Beginner's Guide. This one especially took off faster than I could have imagined. At the time I'm writing this post, the view count is nearly 230,000 views, which makes it the second highest viewed guide on this forum, and third highest in view count on any Forge of Empires forum (by my likely flawed count, the highest is the now-outdated Great Building Encyclopedia on the EN forums). We're on track already to surpass the highest viewed guide on this forum, Cosmic Raven's Heavy Questing guide, within less than a month. Even crazier? This guide is not even two years old, having been first posted in July of 2020! What's more, the views of all my guides have now just topped 400,000 views. It blows my mind how many people my guides have reached and helped. But beyond me tooting my own horn, the thanks belong to all of you.

I never could have made it to this point today without the mountains of support, comments, PMs, and helpful criticism that inspired me to keep working harder. I hope that someday I deserve half of what some of you think of me. As always, I'm just trying to help you all out. Part of that help and my thanks is in this update today, mainly a restructuring of the guide to be more friendly, as well as new information. But another major part of what I've been working on is coming out... soon.

I know I've been saying "big stuff is coming" for a long time, but real life, time restraints, and more have reduced my ability to work on content. Also, I am at a new point in my real life, and have tried to figure out how to integrate my plans for content creation into my already busy schedule, while still staying balanced and not overstretching. As of right now, I'm honestly unsure of how to do that. I ask you to just be patient a little longer. New stuff is coming, and I hope that you'll like it when I am able to release it.

So in short, thank you. You all: commenters, readers, redditors, forum members, fellow content creators; players: thank you. I owe much to your support. My story would have ended with a half baked Cultural Settlements "guide" if not for all of you. Thank you.
-UBER​

Higher Age Units Guide v2.00 Update Info
This update is pretty big. Many of the parts have been reorganized to better fit the game chronologically, to reduce the need to skip from section to section in a weird order. Since it is a pretty big change, if you have any feedback/improvements you think might help, please PM me or comment down below.

The total changelog is as follows:
  • Over 226,000 views!!
  • Massive reorganizing of guide parts
  • Consolidated all sections pertaining to the same thing into one section
  • Improved explanations of questlines
  • Added TE troop information
  • Fixed/updated CA troop information
  • Custom-made cMap diagrams to illustrate specific provinces
  • Many small updates and improvements to content
  • New techs required chart for easier planning
  • Part 6 is reserved for something! Coming soon...
  • Grammatical and formatting fixes
  • Updated links
  • Added @Xivarmy to list of awesome people (thanks!)

KeenWise

3 Years, 400000 Views, and an Update
I can barely believe this myself, but it was exactly three years ago on Saturday, February 2, 2019 that I uploaded the revised version of my Cultural Settlements Guide to this forum and essentially published the first piece of content I ever created on my own that I could actually be proud of. I never would have guessed that I would still be writing guides, let alone playing FoE, such a long time later.
As you all know, in the time since I posted that guide, I've written two others, this Higher Age Units Guide and the Beginner's Guide. This one especially took off faster than I could have imagined. At the time I'm writing this post, the view count is nearly 230,000 views, which makes it the second highest viewed guide on this forum, and third highest in view count on any Forge of Empires forum (by my likely flawed count, the highest is the now-outdated Great Building Encyclopedia on the EN forums). We're on track already to surpass the highest viewed guide on this forum, Cosmic Raven's Heavy Questing guide, within less than a month. Even crazier? This guide is not even two years old, having been first posted in July of 2020! What's more, the views of all my guides have now just topped 400,000 views. It blows my mind how many people my guides have reached and helped. But beyond me tooting my own horn, the thanks belong to all of you.

I never could have made it to this point today without the mountains of support, comments, PMs, and helpful criticism that inspired me to keep working harder. I hope that someday I deserve half of what some of you think of me. As always, I'm just trying to help you all out. Part of that help and my thanks is in this update today, mainly a restructuring of the guide to be more friendly, as well as new information. But another major part of what I've been working on is coming out... soon.

I know I've been saying "big stuff is coming" for a long time, but real life, time restraints, and more have reduced my ability to work on content. Also, I am at a new point in my real life, and have tried to figure out how to integrate my plans for content creation into my already busy schedule, while still staying balanced and not overstretching. As of right now, I'm honestly unsure of how to do that. I ask you to just be patient a little longer. New stuff is coming, and I hope that you'll like it when I am able to release it.

So in short, thank you. You all: commenters, readers, redditors, forum members, fellow content creators; players: thank you. I owe much to your support. My story would have ended with a half baked Cultural Settlements "guide" if not for all of you. Thank you.
-UBER​

Higher Age Units Guide v2.00 Update Info
This update is pretty big. Many of the parts have been reorganized to better fit the game chronologically, to reduce the need to skip from section to section in a weird order. Since it is a pretty big change, if you have any feedback/improvements you think might help, please PM me or comment down below.

The total changelog is as follows:
  • Over 226,000 views!!
  • Massive reorganizing of guide parts
  • Consolidated all sections pertaining to the same thing into one section
  • Improved explanations of questlines
  • Added TE troop information
  • Fixed/updated CA troop information
  • Custom-made cMap diagrams to illustrate specific provinces
  • Many small updates and improvements to content
  • New techs required chart for easier planning
  • Part 6 is reserved for something! Coming soon...
  • Grammatical and formatting fixes
  • Updated links
  • Added @Xivarmy to list of awesome people (thanks!)

Huzzah for Uber! Huzzah! Huzzah!
Very happy for you!

Ben Trovato

Congratulations!

Is there anything on returning from Oceanic Future to the end of the PME questline? I'm working on something to get the Stealth Tanks without needing the extra tech, but it'll be a couple of months before I try it out. OF is slow going without diamonds.

UBERhelp1

Congratulations!

Is there anything on returning from Oceanic Future to the end of the PME questline? I'm working on something to get the Stealth Tanks without needing the extra tech, but it'll be a couple of months before I try it out. OF is slow going without diamonds.
If you want to return to the PME questline, just complete/abort Truth or Dare before the OF quest Persuasion. Your next story quest will be back to PME, and if you abort Truth or Dare, you can even get those Rocket Artillery.

Ben Trovato

If you want to return to the PME questline, just complete/abort Truth or Dare before the OF quest Persuasion. Your next story quest will be back to PME, and if you abort Truth or Dare, you can even get those Rocket Artillery.

Thanks.

I don't want to return immediately. I want to go back via the TE questline or even CE & TE questlines. I managed to skip back from OF to TE once, but it was an early section of questline and nowhere near the tanks. Then it returned to OF. If there's nothing documented, I'll have to experiment. I'll try to pick up TE units and abort Truth or Dare before the TE tech blocker, taking me all the way back.

I just wondered if that was going to be in the hotly awaited Part 6.

Warcoss

As to avoid insane amounts of goods, has anyone used the MG teams to fight through CE/TE? and what was your attack/def?

Mike the Seneca

Everything worked perfectly! I made it all the way to the OF story block (persuasion: produce 10 crayfish) with fifteen techs still unresearched by being absolutely relentless about never researching a tech if there was any other option. Obtained total 20 OF troops. The very best combination so far has been 4 tur-turrets and four sub-cruisers. I get to about 80 attrition before any significant troop damage occurs! also I went with the attacking route which required more techs but still had plenty.
I did not complete or abort "truth or dare" until I was at the very end and followed the story line and instructions exactly as stated.

A word of warning. Exactly as stated means just that! If the story says "infiltrate x sectors" then do exactly that. If you take the entire province knowing that will complete the quest (in order to save coins), you will fail!

Thanks to all who paved the way making it possible! after many years of forging this project made the game fun again!

UBERhelp1

Everything worked perfectly! I made it all the way to the OF story block (persuasion: produce 10 crayfish) with fifteen techs still unresearched by being absolutely relentless about never researching a tech if there was any other option. Obtained total 20 OF troops. The very best combination so far has been 4 tur-turrets and four sub-cruisers. I get to about 80 attrition before any significant troop damage occurs! also I went with the attacking route which required more techs but still had plenty.
I did not complete or abort "truth or dare" until I was at the very end and followed the story line and instructions exactly as stated.

A word of warning. Exactly as stated means just that! If the story says "infiltrate x sectors" then do exactly that. If you take the entire province knowing that will complete the quest (in order to save coins), you will fail!

Thanks to all who paved the way making it possible! after many years of forging this project made the game fun again!
I'm glad to hear it! Enjoy those troops :)

KingJMobile

Something potentially bad happened:
I accidentally took Las Penas and that started the Industrial Age bonus questline. Fortunately I am in Industrial Age and I can complete it, but the bad thing is I don't want to complete the questline and taking all the provinces and I have no side quest slots. (One slot holding truth or dare, one with the Story and one with the Indy bonus questline)

I have nearly completed the TE questline so far. Are there any Future side quests that can bring out anything useful that would require me to complete the questline?

Calvinball96

I'm currently in CA with the 2 Conscripts from PE but already on the ME cMap and taken the first 2 provinces with Chigikawa scouted. I've been reading this thread in depth for the past few days and hoping it's still feasible for me to get OF units. My current Story Quest is The Peace Conference (Version 1), so after I unlock 1 of the first 2 goods techs in the InA research tree I'll get some police stations via the next event hopefully and research the Housing Tech I saved from EMA (Multistorey Houses). I feel like it'll be close with getting the OF units, but if I follow Parts 3-5 carefully with the entire InA tech tree free, I should be good (in many weeks). My main inquires:
  1. Should I stop advancing the cMap until the story asks me to do so, or am I safe to advance it and atk / negotiate where you specify in the guide?
  2. With the Story Quests, I should only do the pieces requests as they're requested, and only research a tech if there's no other way? (think falls in with (1))
  3. Once done with OF Story / Map, I can go back to CE / TE map and do those lines? (OF units while in InA is the primary goal, hopefully 20 like Mike)
Thanks again and this guide really is top tier! (along with the Settlements Guide)

UBERhelp1

Something potentially bad happened:
I accidentally took Las Penas and that started the Industrial Age bonus questline. Fortunately I am in Industrial Age and I can complete it, but the bad thing is I don't want to complete the questline and taking all the provinces and I have no side quest slots. (One slot holding truth or dare, one with the Story and one with the Indy bonus questline)

I have nearly completed the TE questline so far. Are there any Future side quests that can bring out anything useful that would require me to complete the questline?
Why don't you want to complete it? There's nothing interesting in terms of side quests past the TE Surveillance Nexus so it doesn't really matter though.

UBERhelp1

@Calvinball96
1. I would wait. You won't really hurt yourself at all, but there's a chance you could miss out on some units, but nothing disastrous like a tech blocker until the PME map.
2. Yes. Definitely. Especially tech researching.
3. You can not get CE troops, but you could go back and do the TE story.

KingJMobile

Why don't you want to complete it? There's nothing interesting in terms of side quests past the TE Surveillance Nexus so it doesn't really matter though.
Because I’m too busy scouting and acquiring Future Era Cmap, so I can’t. And I want to save those provinces for event and daily quests, because I’m already running out of optional provinces

KingJMobile

@UBERhelp1 Forgot to mention: I also have another world which I'm stuck on the PME tech blocker. I'm in PE, and I've completed the CE CMap (skipping the two provinces) and I'm on the TE Cmap, with Torrinhos scouted. I've also got 4 techs saved.

What should I do? I'm thinking of completing the tech blocker and getting all the CE and TE units, as well as Hovers, if all goes well. What do you think

UBERhelp1

@UBERhelp1 Forgot to mention: I also have another world which I'm stuck on the PME tech blocker. I'm in PE, and I've completed the CE CMap (skipping the two provinces) and I'm on the TE Cmap, with Torrinhos scouted. I've also got 4 techs saved.

What should I do? I'm thinking of completing the tech blocker and getting all the CE and TE units, as well as Hovers, if all goes well. What do you think
Yeah that's what I'd try to do there.

Elishak

Hello, I used your guide to get to FE story in Industrial age and it worked flawlessly. I haven't encountered any problems so thank you very much. I just have one question, since I'm in FE story can I now complete any side/recurring quests besides that one 'truth and dare'? It won't jump back to any tech blocker right?

UBERhelp1

Hello, I used your guide to get to FE story in Industrial age and it worked flawlessly. I haven't encountered any problems so thank you very much. I just have one question, since I'm in FE story can I now complete any side/recurring quests besides that one 'truth and dare'? It won't jump back to any tech blocker right?
Yup. You can touch other quests. The only thing that'll take you back to the PME tech blocker is by completing/aborting Truth or Dare