• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

KingJMobile

The only reason to stay in InA is because just how broken combination of 4 Turts+2 Rail Guns+2 Rogues) are, Lancers often need 3 turns to attack you, whereas Turts can just attack them up faraway, taking lots of damage in process. Also due to AI often group them up together, the damage are also spread to others very easily. Rail Guns obliterate surviving Lancers. Jaegers won't stand a chance as well due to Turts and Rail Gun ability+bonus attack against them. The Rogues on the other hand are good fodder to distract the enemy
That combo still works exceptionally strong in PE too, with no injuries most of the time in low attrition.

The combo I think works better, at least in PE, is replacing one of the rogues for a drummer, which cuts out chip damage from enemy units. 98% of the time, I take no damage, and when I do take damage, usually the Drummer gets injured (sometimes killed) and in rare cases, the Turturret is injured slightly. In Indy I’m sure the other combo is better because you can generally kill the units before they can even reach the artillery. However I can only do up to 60-70 attrition before I find that the Drummer and artillery get injured, in which case I revert to 1 Turturret or Hover with 7 rogues and do up to 105 (my record is 113 and I have 540/610).

Adversarius

Hello, I have a question regarding the CE map and quests:

I am currently in PME, and tried to follow the "CE Troops (PME only)" guide. I avoided Salfah and Suqqah, until the quest wanted me to scout Salfah, which I then just scouted. I am in the process of taking Qumeira, but the questline wants me to take all 4 of Abdul Alhazred provinces. Which includes the two I should skip... The guide only talks about scouting Salfah, but without taking it. And it sounds like I am never supposed to take them. So do I have to stop at this main quest, and keep going to the next maps, and only work with side quests from now on?

UBERhelp1

I am currently in PME, and tried to follow the "CE Troops (PME only)" guide. I avoided Salfah and Suqqah, until the quest wanted me to scout Salfah, which I then just scouted. I am in the process of taking Qumeira, but the questline wants me to take all 4 of Abdul Alhazred provinces. Which includes the two I should skip... The guide only talks about scouting Salfah, but without taking it. And it sounds like I am never supposed to take them. So do I have to stop at this main quest, and keep going to the next maps, and only work with side quests from now on?
For right now, just don't do anything. Can you post a screenshot of that quest? I can't find any info on a quest like that.

For reference though, taking all 4 will mean that you'll be stuck on the CE story. Pushing the cMap won't help, because you don't get any troop side quests past CE.

KingJMobile

Did you not take the CE provinces before starting the CE story? If so, you’ll have to face the whole CE story which includes the tech blocker. From your perspective, I’m sorry to announce that you have to follow through the story. That’s the only way to progress as far as I know unfortunately.

Adversarius

Did you not take the CE provinces before starting the CE story? If so, you’ll have to face the whole CE story which includes the tech blocker. From your perspective, I’m sorry to announce that you have to follow through the story. That’s the only way to progress as far as I know unfortunately.
Yes, I kind of started taking the provinces as they were requested by the CE story. Not a big deal for me I guess, since I plan on advancing to the next ages anyways.

The guide said:
If you are in PME, you will receive the full CE questline, which includes the CE tech blocker quests. To avoid this, you must scout the cMap as shown below, skipping two of the provinces.
After doing so, if you want TE troops complete the CE story and continue onto the TE map.
So i skipped the two provinces. And interpreted "complete the CE story" as finishing the last story quests, not starting them only then.

For right now, just don't do anything. Can you post a screenshot of that quest? I can't find any info on a quest like that.
I can only provide it in german though:
1656607327190.png
Edit: Should be this quest: https://forgeofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Madman's_Manhunt

UBERhelp1

Yes, I kind of started taking the provinces as they were requested by the CE story. Not a big deal for me I guess, since I plan on advancing to the next ages anyways.

The guide said:

So i skipped the two provinces. And interpreted "complete the CE story" as finishing the last story quests, not starting them only then.

I can only provide it in german though:
View attachment 19673
Edit: Should be this quest: https://forgeofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Madman's_Manhunt
Ok. Unfortunately it looks like you are going to be stuck here until you move up to CE. I might have ot take a look at that section and rephrase it a little better.

FluffyPhoenix

This has been my town for a good 200 days with the occasional expansion. Will I discover freaking anything by staying in the Bronze Age and doing no quests until the FE map? I doubt it, but having 79 chalets is funny to me.

Attachments

• Too many chalets.png
    Too many chalets.png
    690.3 KB · Views: 14

UBERhelp1

This has been my town for a good 200 days with the occasional expansion. Will I discover freaking anything by staying in the Bronze Age and doing no quests until the FE map? I doubt it, but having 79 chalets is funny to me.
That's absolutely amazing.

I'm very excited to see what Part 6 is about ngl... Care to give any spoilers Uber? :p
Um, let's just call it Phase 2.

So anyone already conquered provinces of the Oceanic Map before the Story Line got there? Will those quests be skipped or just be auto-completed?

For the Virtual Age SQ, you have to be in VA. Is this also the case for ages of SAM and higher?

Has anyone tried to skip the FE map as well (I don't know why anyone would try that)? Would you end up on the AF map immediately??

hades8840

I must of gone wrong somewhere i went through all the campaign map till i hit the future era i took agadar by only negs and now have a quest for the future era telling me to take two sectors in omogba ..not really possible i only have mg from pma as i followed the guide and missed out the eras in CE and TE maps and did do any quests and have truth n dare sat there .. apart from the future era quest and teh truth and dare quest i have a RQ and aborting doesnt bring up any other quests so i can get some better troops to deal with FE quests so i could grab hovers

I must of gone wrong somewhere i went through all the campaign map till i hit the future era i took agadar by only negs and now have a quest for the future era telling me to take two sectors in omogba ..not really possible i only have mg from pma as i followed the guide and missed out the eras in CE and TE maps and did do any quests and have truth n dare sat there .. apart from the future era quest and teh truth and dare quest i have a RQ and aborting doesnt bring up any other quests so i can get some better troops to deal with FE quests so i could grab hovers
If you're not strong enough to fight FE, I think you'll have to negotiate. But you seem to have the right mission. You won't get Hovers untill very late at the FE map.

UBERhelp1

So anyone already conquered provinces of the Oceanic Map before the Story Line got there? Will those quests be skipped or just be auto-completed?
If you conquer provinces earlier than the questline will ask for, they autocomplete. The only problem is you can end up skipping certain quests by doing so (for example, if there's a quest for not having taken one of two options on the map, you won't get that). Also, just to be safe, I'd recommend trying to follow along with the story.

For the Virtual Age SQ, you have to be in VA. Is this also the case for ages of SAM and higher?

Has anyone tried to skip the FE map as well (I don't know why anyone would try that)? Would you end up on the AF map immediately??
First question, yes. Past VF, you must be in the same age of the story to receive the questline. As for the second, you would probably be able to, and if you could, and you made it to the AF map, you could get the AF story. Same with OF, if you were really odd :p

You can negotiate or fight! So if your city isn't able to fight it (which is difficult with PME troops), you can just negotiate the sectors instead.

So, if one would have a few higher aged units, then complete Truth or Dare (which I did, as a mistake :p), then work through PME and CE. Would they be CE tech blocked, or would the story jump to the higher aged units again? This way, it might be possible to get 2 Octopods, which I believe aren't that good.

UBERhelp1

So, if one would have a few higher aged units, then complete Truth or Dare (which I did, as a mistake :p), then work through PME and CE. Would they be CE tech blocked, or would the story jump to the higher aged units again? This way, it might be possible to get 2 Octopods, which I believe aren't that good.
If you skipped the CE provinces, you should be fine as long as you're in PME or higher. Otherwise, you're stuck until CE.