• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

Discus Queen

So, I have no idea when or how I did it, but I either completed or aborted Truth or Dare, probably in a half asleep state. I was in Indy when it happened and have completed 4 provinces on the TE map. I have the 2 TE drones. So I'm now tech blocked until CE. Is there a guide for dummies who managed to abort Truth or Dare? Do I just get to CE as fast as I can so I can continue the story line again? Can I work the TE map while I do that?

xivarmy

So, I have no idea when or how I did it, but I either completed or aborted Truth or Dare, probably in a half asleep state. I was in Indy when it happened and have completed 4 provinces on the TE map. I have the 2 TE drones. So I'm now tech blocked until CE. Is there a guide for dummies who managed to abort Truth or Dare? Do I just get to CE as fast as I can so I can continue the story line again? Can I work the TE map while I do that?
You can continue it in PME once you've completed the techs needed for truth or dare. CE story should still be bypassed unless you go back and scout/clear the remaining provinces there. You may get 1 CE quest to scout one of the bypassed provinces. That's normal when you've completed PME story - do that and only that if it comes up.

Save skipped techs for that point if you don't want to move to CE.

I'd recommend you not work the map til you get TE story back - TE and FE story are sensitive to what you've done or not done.

xivarmy

Unfortunately I started scouting Salfah by wrong klick. It’s such a pity that you can’t abort scouting a province.
I believe it's enough to not scout Suqqah. As I just mention, in the version where you're doing it in PME after completing truth or dare you are actually made to scout Salfah. I've never actually scouted Salfah before getting the quest that told me I had to though so there's a little chance the order of scouting it before you've completed the CE continent and received the quest to scout it might bullocks something up.

You should complete CE map before you try to let story go though so as to miss the madman's quests - which are ultimately what tell you to go back and take both Salfah and Suqqah and thus trigger King of the Desert (the CE blocker).

Discus Queen

You can continue it in PME once you've completed the techs needed for truth or dare. CE story should still be bypassed unless you go back and scout/clear the remaining provinces there. You may get 1 CE quest to scout one of the bypassed provinces. That's normal when you've completed PME story - do that and only that if it comes up.

Save skipped techs for that point if you don't want to move to CE.

I'd recommend you not work the map til you get TE story back - TE and FE story are sensitive to what you've done or not done.
Thank you! I did just that. Am in PME and just got the hovers. They are very helpful here. Maybe Indy would have been better, but I'm happy with this.

MaiiR

Hello first time on forum

In M I have gone up the Cmap till I am fighting Arctic Future troops I have since learned I messed up. Up till now I thought you just go as far as you can and Story and Bonus will give you advanced troops - had a friend in M world tell me about this advanced troop guide.

I advanced to Industrial age in M and went all the way to the end fairly quick and I did get some progressive and Modern troops but I was hoping for hovers. Have I messed this up too much?? What can I do now to get higher advanced troops Thank you

UBERhelp1

Hello first time on forum

In M I have gone up the Cmap till I am fighting Arctic Future troops I have since learned I messed up. Up till now I thought you just go as far as you can and Story and Bonus will give you advanced troops - had a friend in M world tell me about this advanced troop guide.

I advanced to Industrial age in M and went all the way to the end fairly quick and I did get some progressive and Modern troops but I was hoping for hovers. Have I messed this up too much?? What can I do now to get higher advanced troops Thank you
Hi! And welcome to the forums.

What is your current story quest, how many (if any at all) techs do you have unresearched, and have you taken any of the provinces marked to be skipped in Part 3?

MKPapa

I am in CE, already got some TE troops, but see no story quests anymore - only side and recurring ones (one side, and two recurring at the moment).
This is the first time i pay attention to quests, and not sure this is normal.
Is this ok that story quests disappear, and is there any rule of thumb on when to expect them again?

xivarmy

I am in CE, already got some TE troops, but see no story quests anymore - only side and recurring ones (one side, and two recurring at the moment).
This is the first time i pay attention to quests, and not sure this is normal.
Is this ok that story quests disappear, and is there any rule of thumb on when to expect them again?
It's not "normal", but it's not terribly abnormal either if you either messed up or intentionally wanted to drop story (commonly done in CE story to skip the CE blocker)

From your description I'd guess you're on TE map? (since you say you have some TE troops). You may have missed meeting miguel mantos which is a prereq for much of the TE story. You have to get his quest after you scout but before you clear Rio Roxo.

If you haven't got the combat drones yet you can probably get story back briefly to get those after scouting Bajatai.

The troops from Falsa Cruz will not be available to you if you missed Meet Miguel Mantos. You can resume story later in the TE map though there's not much to gain doing so, or at a few points in FE map (most common being after the first FE province - which you should negotiate if you want 4 hovers instead of 1)

When you want story to resume, you a) need to be at a spot where it can and b) you need to abort or complete a side or recurring quest to give it a chance to replace that quest with a story. You can test this after every scout and province conquered til you find a spot where it works. To keep story going reliably you should avoid doing things on map until story makes you.

MaiiR

What is your current story quest, how many (if any at all) techs do you have unresearched, and have you taken any of the provinces marked to be skipped in Part 3?
I'll look at part 3 here tonight tomorrow I am at the end of Indy and next story says "research a technology" I've taken every thing up to "white gate" I did not skip anything.

MKPapa

It's not "normal", but it's not terribly abnormal either if you either messed up or intentionally wanted to drop story (commonly done in CE story to skip the CE blocker)

From your description I'd guess you're on TE map? (since you say you have some TE troops). You may have missed meeting miguel mantos which is a prereq for much of the TE story. You have to get his quest after you scout but before you clear Rio Roxo.

If you haven't got the combat drones yet you can probably get story back briefly to get those after scouting Bajatai.

The troops from Falsa Cruz will not be available to you if you missed Meet Miguel Mantos. You can resume story later in the TE map though there's not much to gain doing so, or at a few points in FE map (most common being after the first FE province - which you should negotiate if you want 4 hovers instead of 1)

When you want story to resume, you a) need to be at a spot where it can and b) you need to abort or complete a side or recurring quest to give it a chance to replace that quest with a story. You can test this after every scout and province conquered til you find a spot where it works. To keep story going reliably you should avoid doing things on map until story makes you.
I already got:
- 2 drones
- 4 blasters
- 2 ultra AP
- 2 snipers

So it looks like I am missing:
- 2 more snipers
- 1 champion
- 4 stealth tanks

I conquered Rio Roxo and Sierra Torrido (and 5 earlier sectors), began Santa Nerea, and scouted but have not began La Huega.
And I am afraid that I might accidentally kill a story quest, and have no idea when and if it will be back.
Doing recurring and side quests, and let's see what happen.
BTW, the current side quest is for goods from Contemporary Era (Things to Come)

xivarmy

I already got:
- 2 drones
- 4 blasters
- 2 ultra AP
- 2 snipers

So it looks like I am missing:
- 2 more snipers
- 1 champion
- 4 stealth tanks

I conquered Rio Roxo and Sierra Torrido (and 5 earlier sectors), began Santa Nerea, and scouted but have not began La Huega.
And I am afraid that I might accidentally kill a story quest, and have no idea when and if it will be back.
Doing recurring and side quests, and let's see what happen.
Story will return after Falsa Cruz if you want it back at that time. But it'll be too late for more TE troops. FE will be your next opportunity.

UBERhelp1

I'll look at part 3 here tonight tomorrow I am at the end of Indy and next story says "research a technology" I've taken every thing up to "white gate" I did not skip anything.
I think you might be stuck then. If you've taken the CE provinces that are marked to skip in Part 3, you won't be getting anything higher than PME. However, PME troops aren't terrible, so it could be worth a shot to get them whenever you age up to PE and get more techs to research.

MaiiR

I think you might be stuck then. If you've taken the CE provinces that are marked to skip in Part 3, you won't be getting anything higher than PME. However, PME troops aren't terrible, so it could be worth a shot to get them whenever you age up to PE and get more techs to research.
Darn Well I am still in HMA in Q world so I will definitely follow the guide Going forward how do I use the guide? Once I age up to PE?