• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

UBERhelp1

I'm currently on the progressive quest trench fever, according to the quest list on the wiki I should have gotten a quest to build a decoration 2 quests ago yet still have not received it.

Are the wiki quests possibly out of order?

After the progressive story has ended, are there any other specific tech's needed for research thru OF or are they all any tech?

Also does anyone know if the wildlife event may have police stations available?
1. Potentially.
2. Nope. Only any tech
3. No idea

Question:
Assuming one is trying to skip the TE story and go straight for FE troops, is there any reason to scout Itabarai? On the TE map, there are three sectors labelled in red to skip, but Itabarai is not one of them.

I have found that I was able to "complete" the TE map (i.e. ship for FE map is available) with all four of these unscouted (Itabarai + the other 3)

However since it was not marked in red, I thought perhaps someone had determined that it served a purpose to scout it.

Thank you all again for the help!

UBERhelp1

Question:
Assuming one is trying to skip the TE story and go straight for FE troops, is there any reason to scout Itabarai? On the TE map, there are three sectors labelled in red to skip, but Itabarai is not one of them.

I have found that I was able to "complete" the TE map (i.e. ship for FE map is available) with all four of these unscouted (Itabarai + the other 3)

However since it was not marked in red, I thought perhaps someone had determined that it served a purpose to scout it.

Thank you all again for the help!
I guess you're right. Probably can just skip it.

2 3 5 7

Hello,
Thank you very much for this tuto, it is very great! Being active on the FR forum, I would like to share it with the other French-speaking members. Can I translate it and post it on the FR forum? (By quoting the authors of course!)

UBERhelp1

Hello,
Thank you very much for this tuto, it is very great! Being active on the FR forum, I would like to share it with the other French-speaking members. Can I translate it and post it on the FR forum? (By quoting the authors of course!)
Go for it! I can also send you the BB code for all the tables and such, if you'd want

HI Uber and All, I've confused myself a bit. Finished PME map and got Truth or Dare, which I'll keep untouched. I just scouted the 1st CE province. I'd like to go for TE troops, not CE ones.

Should I scout and fight all provinces on CE map, except Suqqah and Salfah? And while doing that, I also should not complete or abort any side or recurring quests at all, at least not until after I complete the CE map and scout the first FE province? I'm a bit confused as to the steps to actually trigger the one CE quest, to then jump into the TE story line.

UBERhelp1

HI Uber and All, I've confused myself a bit. Finished PME map and got Truth or Dare, which I'll keep untouched. I just scouted the 1st CE province. I'd like to go for TE troops, not CE ones.

Should I scout and fight all provinces on CE map, except Suqqah and Salfah? And while doing that, I also should not complete or abort any side or recurring quests at all, at least not until after I complete the CE map and scout the first FE province? I'm a bit confused as to the steps to actually trigger the one CE quest, to then jump into the TE story line.
If you want TE troops, follow everything you just wrote except switch out "the first FE province" to "Rio Roxo." That's all you'll have to do to get the CE quest.

I'm on the quest peace conference in my 3 diamond worlds and still have not gotten the 2 snipers I was supposed to get.

In all 3 I'm in INDY and I received a quest to do a 5 minute production in a Hunter's cabin, others in my guild also reported getting this quest in other ages, one even in Jupiter. I suspect this new all ages quest was added recently and may have taken the spot of the other quest that gave the snipers or caused the other quest not to appear for some reason.

UBERhelp1

It appears that many players have been having problems getting snipers. I'm going to be looking into it myself soon. I'm not sure why, but the questline could have been changed to remove the snipers or to change what you need to do to get them

Hi @UBERhelp1,

Seems there is a little typo in the FE instructions: the bolded part should read "if your don't take..."

There are two avoidable tech research quests in the FE story that can cut down your tech requirements down from 5 to only 3, as shown in the troops chart from earlier. The first is required if you fight any of Jak, so be sure to negotiate it (see negotiation costs above). The second is given to you if you take the province Kolaburg fully before the quest "Down the Rabbit Hole." So in short, negotiate Jak and don't fully take Kolaburg before "Down the Rabbit Hole" unless you want to waste two techs.

Pachino

Did I get it right? If I am in InA I will not have full CE quests? And can I do the TE quests after doing just one CE quest?

Ran into something different. In InA, on FE cMap and tried to complete “Business in Bisoraba”. When I took Bisoraba by fighting, I was not able to scout the southern province to complete the story quest.

Have followed guide carefully; negotiated Agadar & Jak, fought rest but only advanced when instructed by storyline.
Sequence before this:
  • Completed “goodbye Dr” by first scouting Joy Danba's Kalabuye, and then scouted Bisoraba.
  • Followed storyline and took Bisoraba by fighting. Got “An Old Acquaintance” (3 Exoskeleton units) ; Then “Entering Bisoroba”; then “Greetings from a friend” (3 Hover tanks);
  • Completed “Bisoraba action” (3 Excoskeleton units);
  • Completed “Witness”;
  • then got “Business in Bisoraba” where I am stuck.
Seems only option is to go back and negotiate the remaining sectors of Kalabuye. Yet, I am sure I did not have this happen before and was able to scout Fort Buntu once I took Bisoraba. Anyone else run into this?buiness in Bisoraba.jpg

Attacking any of Joy's sectors or Joy's Allies' sectors means you lose 1/2 of the advanced hovers if you would have negotiated them all.
The guide only mentioned negotiating Agadar, Jak and Kalabuye, and I did negotiate all 3. Plus, I got 3 of 4 Hovers, not only 2.
Also, the problem is not being able to scout the southern province, to get the 4th hoover. I've already completed the firstbuiness in Bisoraba 2.jpg part.

OK, easy to solve. Negotiated all sectors of Kalabuye (had not taken any) and then was able to scout Southern Province (Fort Buntu). 4 Hovers, with huge thanks again to @UBERhelp1 and the folks on this forum.

Zhuktig

Is it enough if you only don’t take Salfah and Suqqah in CE Map or do you really have to skip scouting them?