• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

Pachino

Hi, im in PME. And I want to collect units up to OF in this era. Is there only 1 CE blocking quest ahead of me?
If anything my CE map is studied the same way as in the guide. I haven't explored those two provinces.
Overall, I got to the second part of the virtual future back in the PE

lap1131

I have actually done the Higher Age unit quests in Z world. Starting out in LMA or right at the beginning of CA. It took me to PE and they are awesome. I have now started 2 other cities to do the same but wanted to start earlier, and maybe get them by HMA/LMA. So I have resided in IA tech tree preparing. on the cMap I am into LMA. I have followed the Guide but I got blocked by #11 Quest in LMA story line requiring a 'Tower Ruin'. I dont think I previously ran into this because I was already past Intelligence on the LMA tech tree when I started the story quest line last time and I saw nothing in the guide which warns this as a blocker. I guess the questions I have:
1. Can I get around this if indeed it is a blocker (since I have another city preparing to do the same)
2. If not, does that mean I have to get to the Intelligence tech (in LMA tech tree) using as few techs along the way there, so I can use them as I continue the quest.
3. Which means I cant see getting Higher Age Units (F/AF/OF units) much before reaching CA or INA. What is the ealiest Age you can achieve those units?

Ok thank you. And one more question: In the Modern Era Part of the guide you mentioned that you can skip 3 ME Units to save 1 tech, but in the max higher age units in InA part you planned on 1 tech being used to get through the modern era story. So my question is: Are you able to safe 1 tech in ME whilst being in InA?

2 3 5 7

1. Can I get around this if indeed it is a blocker (since I have another city preparing to do the same)
No, it is not possible to pass this blocker.
2. If not, does that mean I have to get to the Intelligence tech (in LMA tech tree) using as few techs along the way there, so I can use them as I continue the quest.
Yes, exactly.
3. Which means I cant see getting Higher Age Units (F/AF/OF units) much before reaching CA or INA. What is the ealiest Age you can achieve those units?
Age of PlayerEras of Units Player can ReceiveGuide Part (Link)
Bronze Age through Iron AgeEarly Middle AgesPart 1
Late Middle AgesColonial AgePart 1
Colonial AgeIndustrial Age, Progressive EraPart 1 and Part 2
Industrial Age through Arctic FutureProgressive Era - Oceanic Future*Part 2, Part 3, and Part 4
Oceanic Future onwardCan not receive higher era unitsn/a
*CE units can only be gotten in PME.

UBERhelp1

Hi, im in PME. And I want to collect units up to OF in this era. Is there only 1 CE blocking quest ahead of me?
If anything my CE map is studied the same way as in the guide. I haven't explored those two provinces.
Overall, I got to the second part of the virtual future back in the PE
Should be only the one quest. You might not be able to get 4 hovers though, and might need an extra tech research for the FE story.

UBERhelp1

Ok thank you. And one more question: In the Modern Era Part of the guide you mentioned that you can skip 3 ME Units to save 1 tech, but in the max higher age units in InA part you planned on 1 tech being used to get through the modern era story. So my question is: Are you able to safe 1 tech in ME whilst being in InA?
No matter what you do, you'll need at least 1 tech for ME.

Desert Red Dawg

I lost the story line after Truth or Dare quest. T or D has NOT been aborted or completed.
I am in InA, I have reached the Truth or Dare quest and attempting to skip the story line past it.
I have progressed to the 5th province on CE cMap and will bypass the 2 provinces ( CE spoiler map) to the west)
I had a side quest and reoccurring quest in addition to the Truth or Dare quest. So I decide to complete the side quest and see if it gets replaced by one CE story line quest mentioned in the guide. Did not get it. Now I have 2 reoccurring quest in addition to the T or D quest.
How do I get that CE quest mentioned in the guild. I really don’t need it until I get to TE. I was going to skip getting CE troops and go for the Stealth Tanks in TE.
If I just keep progressing through CE map is there a trigger that will give me that one CE quest?
IF/When I do get it, then I just complete it after I land on the TE map?

From guide:
[[Depending on which map you have reached by the time you abort/complete a side/recurring quest that isn't "Truth or Dare," you can control which age's story you jump to. Regardless of your choice, in an age lower than PME, you'll receive a single quest from the CE story. If you happen to abort/complete a side/recurring quest before reaching the age of the map you want troops from, you'll want to keep this CE quest uncompleted until you reach the map you want. Otherwise, you can "lose" the story quests, which can be extremely confusing.]]

UBERhelp1

Well, you just hit the extremely confusing. Just hold off on quests until you hit TE or FE, and then abort or complete a recurring quest

Senecaone

The story lines all the way through colonial have changed. At the end of each age story there is now a quest that requires you to age up.
however, along the way I have gathered many more troops
8 each iron age
12 each ema
12 each hma
12 each lma
12 each colonial
4 each industrial so far

In each age the troops do come before you are forced to age up. Each ema and up has also required constructing a goods build, house, production build, and barracks. And there have been more research tech quests. I have still managed to keep 22 techs in reserve from HMA and lower.

Once in Industrial and on the industrial map the story appears to be back to the original, so far

Last edited:

Desert Red Dawg

Well, you just hit the extremely confusing. Just hold off on quests until you hit TE or FE, and then abort or complete a recurring quest
Thank you. That means the guide is incorrect.

“Regardless of your choice, in an age lower than PME, you'll receive a single quest from the CE story. If you happen to abort/complete a side/recurring quest before reaching the age of the map you want troops from, you'll want to keep this CE quest uncompleted until you reach the map you want.”

I never got the CE quest. So does holding off on either reoccurring quest really matter at this point? 1 quest is spend # of FP, the other is collect # of supplies. Could not getting the one CE quest mentioned have been the caused by aborting/completing that side quest while my scout was in transit to the next province?

p.s. You’ve done an awesome job on this guide. Super glad you’re still answering question and updating it.
This is my 4th attempt. Past attempts I started to late, and the one prior ( maybe 2+ yrs ago) I accidentally aborted the T or Dare quest..

UBERhelp1

Thank you. That means the guide is incorrect.

“Regardless of your choice, in an age lower than PME, you'll receive a single quest from the CE story. If you happen to abort/complete a side/recurring quest before reaching the age of the map you want troops from, you'll want to keep this CE quest uncompleted until you reach the map you want.”

I never got the CE quest. So does holding off on either reoccurring quest really matter at this point? 1 quest is spend # of FP, the other is collect # of supplies. Could not getting the one CE quest mentioned have been the caused by aborting/completing that side quest while my scout was in transit to the next province?

p.s. You’ve done an awesome job on this guide. Super glad you’re still answering question and updating it.
This is my 4th attempt. Past attempts I started to late, and the one prior ( maybe 2+ yrs ago) I accidentally aborted the T or Dare quest..
You never got to it because you aren't far enough on the ce map yet.

UBERhelp1

The story lines all the way through colonial have changed. At the end of each age story there is now a quest that requires you to age up.
however, along the way I have gathered many more troops
8 each iron age
12 each ema
12 each hma
12 each lma
12 each colonial
4 each industrial so far

In each age the troops do come before you are forced to age up. Each ema and up has also required constructing a goods build, house, production build, and barracks. And there have been more research tech quests. I have still managed to keep 22 techs in reserve from HMA and lower.

Once in Industrial and on the industrial map the story appears to be back to the original, so far
Ah, is that from the early ages speedup?

Desert Red Dawg

You never got to it because you aren't far enough on the ce map yet.
I made it to TE cMap and landed on Torrinhos. I completed a reoccurring qyest and got the CE story line quest "Dictators Death".

From the Skip PME tech blocker:
If you happen to abort/complete a side/recurring quest before reaching the age of the map you want troops from, you'll want to keep this CE quest uncompleted until you reach the map you want.

Well I made it to the TE map, I completed the CE quest and lost the story line again. Well I reached the map I wanted.
What's confusing is your instruction. Later, just below the TE spoiler you mentioned.

If you're instead attempting to get TE troops in a lower age than PME, if you haven't already, abort/complete a side/recurring quest other than "Truth or Dare" and complete the CE quest you get only once you've reached Rio Roxo by scouting the map as shown below, taking the green provinces and only scouting Rio Roxo in yellow. Hopefully at this point, you should receive the TE story and can continue through it.

And you also wrote:
If at any point the story quests disappear, just keep moving on the map and abort/complete side/recurring quests that aren't "Truth or Dare" as you do, and hopefully the story should reappear.

I did push forward to Rio Roxy and I did get the TE story line back.

Maybe add a note to skip ahead in the guide to information about the where you should complete the CE cMap quest and remove the until you reach the map you want. Also you said complete the CE quest you get only once you've reached Rio Roxo. I completed it when I landed on Torrinhos.
And I did get the Storyline back once I reached Rio Roxo.

There's a lot going on to get through this and what you have done to put this all together is pretty amazing. I'm just giving you my feed back on what I tripped over getting there.

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Is it possible to scout and conquer the southern provinces of the indy without triggering the bonus questline?
Not really. You need to take Garrincton to continue on to the PE map. Since taking both Garrincton and Las Penas triggers the bonus questline, the only way around it is by not taking Las Penas.