• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

Anna-

The story lines all the way through colonial have changed. At the end of each age story there is now a quest that requires you to age up.
however, along the way I have gathered many more troops
8 each iron age
12 each ema
12 each hma
12 each lma
12 each colonial
4 each industrial so far

In each age the troops do come before you are forced to age up. Each ema and up has also required constructing a goods build, house, production build, and barracks. And there have been more research tech quests. I have still managed to keep 22 techs in reserve from HMA and lower.

Once in Industrial and on the industrial map the story appears to be back to the original, so far
I am in the Bronze Age. What units can I get given these changes if I don't change my era?

xivarmy

Is it possible to scout and conquer the southern provinces of the indy without triggering the bonus questline?
Not really. You need to take Garrincton to continue on to the PE map. Since taking both Garrincton and Las Penas triggers the bonus questline, the only way around it is by not taking Las Penas.
Depends what you mean by southern - if you mean "mexico", yes, since you don't need Las Penas to scout it.

1698947996096.png

The currently scouted province in red is the one that cannot be conquered without triggering the bonus line. but you can scout the south of it just fine and follow that out to the tip for the 150 diamonds.

Pachino

When I get through all the AF and OF quests and come to a dead end. How do I get back to the CE and TE quests I missed? When I do any actions on the continent map, will the dead end quest be replaced by a new one?

xivarmy

When I get through all the AF and OF quests and come to a dead end. How do I get back to the CE and TE quests I missed? When I do any actions on the continent map, will the dead end quest be replaced by a new one?
1) you can't get them all back. Much of what was skipped in CE will stay skipped (i think you can get back King of the Desert by completing the map, and then completing your current story quest - if you want that for some bizarre reason). and same with TE. You can get the last few quests of PME back at least.

2) to the degree you can get them back, you have to do it when your story quest is still one you can complete. i.e. you've got your last unit you're able to. The next quest is one you can do, but there's no more you care about ahead. Abort truth or dare. Complete your current story quest. It'll jump back to PME story and you can get your rocket artillery - and then hit the PME dead end instead of the OF dead end.

Pachino

1) вы не сможете вернуть их все. Многое из того, что было пропущено в CE, останется пропущенным (я думаю, вы можете вернуть Короля пустыни, пройдя карту, а затем выполнив текущий сюжетный квест - если вы этого хотите по какой-то странной причине). и то же самое с ТЕ. Вы можете вернуть хотя бы несколько последних квестов PME.

2) в той степени, в которой вы можете вернуть их, вы должны делать это, когда ваш сюжетный квест еще можно выполнить. т.е. у вас есть последняя единица, на которую вы способны. Следующий квест вы можете выполнить, но впереди вас больше ничего не волнует. Отмените правду или действие. Завершите текущий сюжетный квест. Он вернется к истории PME, и вы сможете получить свою ракетную артиллерию - и затем попадете в тупик PME вместо тупика OF.
Im in PME. I was wondering if there are any missing diamond quests anywhere xD

Is it possible to complete the modern era map while still being in the Colonial Age? Or will you miss out on units when you move up to the Industrial Age? Or will you need extra techs?

UBERhelp1

Is it possible to complete the modern era map while still being in the Colonial Age? Or will you miss out on units when you move up to the Industrial Age? Or will you need extra techs?
You can complete it. But I would avoid progressing the map beyond the story quests for the most part once you reach the InA map/story.

Anna-

Due to the changes in storylines throughout the Colonial period, when will the updated guide be released?

UBERhelp1

Due to the changes in storylines throughout the Colonial period, when will the updated guide be released?
Those changes are still not guaranteed to be implemented. They could still easily change all of that. Once it is officially part of the game for all players, we'll need to find exactly how all the quests function and whether it's possible to advance the story at all past your age - after all, we could get new higher age troops, say HMA in EMA.

It just depends on how long it takes to figure all that info out :)

UBERhelp1

Thank you, but can I ask why you wouldnt recommend this?
Starting with the InA story, your choices on the continent map can affect the quests you receive, and often, taking provinces early can cause quests to be skipped or to behave a certain way that can affect troops, techs, or diamonds.

-Maximus-

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but while on the FE map, if you lose the story line for whatever reason and have completed the Botuku province, it will give the option to scout Kalabuye or Bisorba. Make sure you scout Kalabuye before you scout Bisorba, unless directed otherwise. In one of my worlds (in Indy), after losing the story quest (and after aborting several recurring quests trying to get it back), I scouted Bisorba first. I immediately got the story quest back, however it directed me to (eventually) completely take Bisorba and scout the province below it, thereby completely ignoring the Kalabuye province. Once I realized what it was doing, I completely negotiated Kalabuye, but it didn't matter. I lost out on the 3 Hover Tanks. FWIW, I completely negotiated Agadar as well. I did get the 1 Hover Tank and the rest of the FE troops.

I think there is an error in the max Higher Age Units in InA part. After reseaching the Police Station for the tech blocker, you need to research one more Military Tech To unlock the armored car