• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

Thank you so much for your guide and continuous supports in the forum. I finally got all the available troops in OF, 4 turtles and 4 hover tanks, both work great in PA, turtles seems more resilient and I like pairing it with 7 rogues. I'm currently in 340 / 270 att/def boosts. Would you have some suggestions which attribute should I go first to be able to fight in higher attribution / improve resilience, should I stack attack or defense?

KingJMobile

Thank you so much for your guide and continuous supports in the forum. I finally got all the available troops in OF, 4 turtles and 4 hover tanks, both work great in PA, turtles seems more resilient and I like pairing it with 7 rogues. I'm currently in 340 / 270 att/def boosts. Would you have some suggestions which attribute should I go first to be able to fight in higher attribution / improve resilience, should I stack attack or defense?
I like to use 4 Turtles, 2 Rails, 1 Drummer and 1 Rogue for low to med attrition and any other battles in PE.

It’s by far the best option because you have no injuries 99% of the time, resulting in less switches being made as opposed to the 1+7 option. Only downside is that the Drummer gets injured and sometimes killed especially in high attrition and scrolling to get them is a bit annoying. Also, you do need to farm them a little: before I started doing this, I had only 25 Drummers and they were almost gone within two seasons of GBG (4000 fights).

I like to use 4 Turtles, 2 Rails, 1 Drummer and 1 Rogue for low to med attrition and any other battles in PE.

It’s by far the best option because you have no injuries 99% of the time, resulting in less switches being made as opposed to the 1+7 option. Only downside is that the Drummer gets injured and sometimes killed especially in high attrition and scrolling to get them is a bit annoying. Also, you do need to farm them a little: before I started doing this, I had only 25 Drummers and they were almost gone within two seasons of GBG (4000 fights).
Nice combination, I tried and it worked!!! In this case, would you consider just stack attack and ignore defense since you barely get hit?

Hi. Just a Question. I'm in PME, hoping to jump back to Oceanic after completing End of the Chapter. Not sure it will work though...
What would you recommand. One Quest (Solid Magma) is to Scout Dungbie Trough and Idler's Range. After this comes a bunch of quests and a techblocker. Then, after the techblocker, the next CM related quest is Tie which would require me to Acquire Idler's Range.
I'm currently scouting Idler's Range. When would you recommand to complete End of the Chapter? Directly after scouting Idler's Range? Maybe after conquering the province? Or maybe even after scouting Oceanic Map part 6?

UBERhelp1

Hi. Just a Question. I'm in PME, hoping to jump back to Oceanic after completing End of the Chapter. Not sure it will work though...
What would you recommand. One Quest (Solid Magma) is to Scout Dungbie Trough and Idler's Range. After this comes a bunch of quests and a techblocker. Then, after the techblocker, the next CM related quest is Tie which would require me to Acquire Idler's Range.
I'm currently scouting Idler's Range. When would you recommand to complete End of the Chapter? Directly after scouting Idler's Range? Maybe after conquering the province? Or maybe even after scouting Oceanic Map part 6?
If you complete End of this Chapter, you may get stuck going back into the CE story. I'm honestly not too sure, but you should be able to get back to OF. If you do want to jump back to PME, complete Truth or Dare before reaching the tech blocker; it doesn't matter where you are on the map.

KingJMobile

Nice combination, I tried and it worked!!! In this case, would you consider just stack attack and ignore defense since you barely get hit?
It depends on what you want to do. If GBG farming is your goal, the attack will be much more useful than defense at high levels.

You will have to swap out this army at high attrition once the 1+7 combo with turtles will have fewer injuries than the full artillery combo and the attack will still be useful.

As for me, I’ve mostly given up GBG because it's just getting repetitive, and I'm directing my efforts toward the CMap. I'm gaining defense because nothing really matters to me anymore.

It depends on what you want to do. If GBG farming is your goal, the attack will be much more useful than defense at high levels.

You will have to swap out this army at high attrition once the 1+7 combo with turtles will have fewer injuries than the full artillery combo and the attack will still be useful.

As for me, I’ve mostly given up GBG because it's just getting repetitive, and I'm directing my efforts toward the CMap. I'm gaining defense because nothing really matters to me anymore.
Yep, I started to get that feeling once I switched to your combo. GBG becomes boring once we don’t take damage at all and fight like we hacked this game. How far can you get in cMap with these troops? I’m assuming you are staying in PE.

KeenWise

Lol, editing my question -- I see questions about stacking (attack-side) defense or attack boosts after getting all the higher age troops -- but which event building (in any event) would you most value to assist you while still trekking for higher age troops? I am in Colonial and about to jump to Indy.

Myself, I have played hard for attack boost. Currently I have had great luck with winner's plazas and checkerboards, but i think i should save up event currency for sentinels so that my troops can hold out better as i climb the map.

xivarmy

Lol, editing my question -- I see questions about stacking (attack-side) defense or attack boosts after getting all the higher age troops -- but which event building (in any event) would you most value to assist you while still trekking for higher age troops? I am in Colonial and about to jump to Indy.

Myself, I have played hard for attack boost. Currently I have had great luck with winner's plazas and checkerboards, but i think i should save up event currency for sentinels so that my troops can hold out better as i climb the map.
On the way through you want defense. The hardest portion is the CE map and start of the TE map where you have rogues turning into PME MG teams and getting murdered. The more hits they can take the easier it is and less rogues you'll burn through - killing things in 2 hits is no problem for them in general. Though as you get into higher ages you'll be glad to have some attack too because the "easy to kill things in 2 hits" stops being true.

Once you have them, if you're trying to push the GBG envelope, you want attack. Idea being to win before you take a hit, so defense doesn't matter anyways.

Ben Trovato

It sounds like you have returned to PME story after reaching the maximum known extent in Oceanic Future and are searching for a way past the OF tech blockers. I've not heard of any jumps past the OF blockers, but I'd like to wish you luck and I hope you'll let us know if you succeed.

Ben Trovato

Best event building would probably be Eagle Mountain: attack, defence and coins, although it's not practical to aim for it right now.

You pick up bonuses along the way, but I find defence harder to get than attack - I like a balance between attack and defence, at least until I have the hovers. As xivarmy says, you really burn through rogues if you have a low defence percentage boost, so as well as defence boosts, you might want to boost your Traz and plan to take the Tomorrow Era route for the Stealth Tanks.

It sounds like you have returned to PME story after reaching the maximum known extent in Oceanic Future and are searching for a way past the OF tech blockers. I've not heard of any jumps past the OF blockers, but I'd like to wish you luck and I hope you'll let us know if you succeed.
So, I just completed End of this Chapter. First got a lot of CE story quests, and a few CE side quests which gave me units. Then, the story picked up at His Job (Oceanic), probably where I had completed Truth or Dare. So I did jump over the CE techblocker, but unfortunately didn't proceed in the OC story quest.

Pericles the Lion

Following your guide, I started off fighting the first sector of the Modern map (Inashu) then I had a senior moment and negotiated the rest of the sectors. Afterwards, I fought all of the sectors of Natsuishu as recommended. Although I did not fight all of Inashu I still got the "Rin Gozen's Warriors" side quest. Thought I'd share this.

Ben Trovato

There may be a useful jump still to be found in the Tomorrow Era storyline.

I was trying to help a guildie at the end of PME who was trying to find the best way to get the hovers. He had barely enough tech researches and had already compromised the CE map, making jumping the CE tech blocker unlikely. Nevertheless I thought it might be worth a try and suggested he worked the rest of the map through to negotiating Agadar and see what happened when he moved through the CE map.

He ended up stuck on the CE blocker, as I'd expected, but then aged up and pushed the storyline through TE. Towards the end, after he had the Champion, he jumped to Eyes Ahead in the FE storyline - before he reached the TE research requirement! He couldn't be more specific about exactly when he jumped.

I tried to find the jump myself from Indy, but I think I went the wrong way by leaving as many earlier TE sectors/provinces untaken/unscouted as I could and had to pay the research (which I had previously planned on anyway). I now think it might be necessary to reach the jump point with all provinces taken.

I don't expect to pass that way again in the near future, so I'd suggest that someone else trying the Tomorrow Era route gives it a try. At some point after doing Meet Migel Mantos and before getting the Champion fill in the TE map and negotiate Agadar. See if you get to jump over the TE research requirement.

xivarmy

Following your guide, I started off fighting the first sector of the Modern map (Inashu) then I had a senior moment and negotiated the rest of the sectors. Afterwards, I fought all of the sectors of Natsuishu as recommended. Although I did not fight all of Inashu I still got the "Rin Gozen's Warriors" side quest. Thought I'd share this.
That's the normal rule for continent map - once you've fought 1 sector against a leader, you're at war with them no matter how much you negotiate. So you should trigger any quests that depend on war state (and none that depend on peace)

Pericles the Lion

That's the normal rule for continent map - once you've fought 1 sector against a leader, you're at war with them no matter how much you negotiate. So you should trigger any quests that depend on war state (and none that depend on peace)
I understand. The reason for my comment was that @UBERhelp1 used this wording in the Guide: "On the Modern Era map, it is important to fight the first two provinces." when it appears that fighting just one sector in each province will launch "Rin Gozen's Warriors". It's splitting hairs but I had a few anxious moments when I thought that I had screwed up by negotiating most of the province.

After getting all the possible higher age units, the game becomes very linear and repetitive, we can fight all day without much damage using OF troops. There is little desire to keep stacking attack / defense bonus, GE, GBG, event buildings, or even great buildings. What else would you still pursue in this game? I’m currently fighting in VF map which is not bad and offers a few expansions. What is everyone else doing at this point?

UBERhelp1

After getting all the possible higher age units, the game becomes very linear and repetitive, we can fight all day without much damage using OF troops. There is little desire to keep stacking attack / defense bonus, GE, GBG, event buildings, or even great buildings. What else would you still pursue in this game? I’m currently fighting in VF map which is not bad and offers a few expansions. What is everyone else doing at this point?
The trick for a long term fun in this game is to set a goal and go for it, and repeat. Maybe try designing your city for aesthetics instead of pure attack, or try to do some challenges like a Tiny Town, diamond farm, or maybe try to get every great building. You'll burn yourself out if your goal is purely based on fighting more and getting more points. That's too repetitive. Just find something you enjoy doing in the game and focus on that. Maybe try helping guildies. Go solo in GvG for a bit.

xivarmy

So there's 2 main options for the world where you've accomplished this:

- optimize your world for staying where you're at - it's never going to get any easier. You can be a GBG powerhouse with easy GE. You can diamond mine for other worlds if you prefer.
- take advantage of where you're at to setup for when the game gets harder. Set some goals or you'll be camping forever. GB levels/boost/etc. Decide where you want to be, make an educated guess what you'll need when you get there, and make it happen. Note that if you ask your average player how much boost you should have they will set the "requirements" much higher than they actually *need* to be probably :p (I'm content with about 800/800 boost on an old-main-now-diamond-mine in SAJM until GE gets harder but we don't know what that might look like yet)

Reasons to *not* stay in indy/PE forever:

- variety - you want to experience other units than turturrets + hover tanks stomping all over units from centuries earlier :p
- ranking - note that trying for ranking takes a *lot* of repetition, but that repetition needs to happen in one of the highest ages because the ranking points you gain per battle go way up. You need about 20 times as many battles in industrial to get the same ranking points as 1 battle in SAJM.
- guild - you could be of value to your guild as a GBG powerhouse camped in industrial. but maybe that's not what your guild needs most. Maybe they need higher age GvG fighters. Maybe they need treasury support in other ages. Maybe they need someone to help supply new recruits with GBs they want.

If more than one option appeals to you you can always start another world as suggested above. Do things differently in each so you can have both experiences.