• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

MKPapa

How many medals/diamonds does buying 72 attempts in one season cost ? 48 cost me 41 million medals when I rushed from 9 to 64 (won 8 free attempts) a few months back. 72 must be crazy expensive.
It depends on how many times you bought attempts in the past. For me the next attempt would cost 67 medals.

xivarmy

How many medals/diamonds does buying 72 attempts in one season cost ? 48 cost me 41 million medals when I rushed from 9 to 64 (won 8 free attempts) a few months back. 72 must be crazy expensive.
It is cheaper for doing it in a lower era. Progressive is ~19 times cheaper than SAJM due to lower starting cost (25 instead of 480 for the first attempt).

72 attempts in Progressive with medals alone would be 63M medals.
72 attempts in SAJM would be 1.2B medals.

Incidentally you must've bought more than 48 the season where you spent 41M medals. Because 48 in SAJM is 15.1M.

It depends on how many times you bought attempts in the past. For me the next attempt would cost 67 medals.
It only depends on the current season's attempts purchased - seasons prior do not matter. Era does though.

2 3 5 7

Hello,
I've decided to follow your tutorial (thanks to all of you by the way), but to previously build a Frontenac castle. My Frontenac castle is level 60. Do you advise me to raise it further, or is that enough?
Thanks in advance.

hippobuttamus

I dont know how UBER is still answering all the questions. If it was me, my answer would be the same thing every time.

FOLLOW THE GUIDE, it's not that hard.

UBERhelp1

We are species that needs warning labels to not drink gasoline or eat paint , asking the same question 300 times without looking is par for the course.
I once had someone, very seriously, come up to me out of the blue and tell me not to drink gasoline.

Anyways, the whole point of this thread is to ask questions. Without writing a book for each section, I can't answer every question that someone would want to ask. So I'd much rather players ask questions than making a mistake.

PJS299

I am worried about asking this, because of the above conversation, but I didn't find this in the guide (unless I overlooked it). :) Is it too late to start if you have done none of the above, and you are 3 sectors into the part of the continent map with Ishiwara Katsu? I just scouted Igioka.

xivarmy

I am worried about asking this, because of the above conversation, but I didn't find this in the guide (unless I overlooked it). :) Is it too late to start if you have done none of the above, and you are 3 sectors into the part of the continent map with Ishiwara Katsu? I just scouted Igioka.
Nope, not too late.

You'll be limited as to how far you can get in a given age by techs - but you can do whatever will fit based on that - and continue to do more when you age up and get more techs. And should catch up story if it's not before you finish ME map as PME story needs to dovetail with your map progress to get the good stuff at the start.

Note that towards the end of PME map is also when you hit things that if you do them wrong will make it "too late" (until you move to PME).

PJS299

Nope, not too late.

You'll be limited as to how far you can get in a given age by techs - but you can do whatever will fit based on that - and continue to do more when you age up and get more techs. And should catch up story if it's not before you finish ME map as PME story needs to dovetail with your map progress to get the good stuff at the start.

Note that towards the end of PME map is also when you hit things that if you do them wrong will make it "too late" (until you move to PME).
I'm in Indy. My story quest is "8/15." I am getting recurring quests from PE. So this is ok? I can still get higher age units? (Sorry, I want to make sure)

xivarmy

I'm in Indy. My story quest is "8/15." I am getting recurring quests from PE. So this is ok? I can still get higher age units? (Sorry, I want to make sure)
If you're in indy you're not getting recurring quests from PE. Side quests maybe.

Yes, you can still get troops further ahead, but you need to catch up story to do so (the vast majority of unattached troops come from story quests).

PJS299

If you're in indy you're not getting recurring quests from PE. Side quests maybe.

Yes, you can still get troops further ahead, but you need to catch up story to do so (the vast majority of unattached troops come from story quests).
Sorry - side quests. My story is caught up...

PJS299

08/15 is not caught up with the ME province you're on. That's a PE quest.

You have to complete 08/15 (and the rest of the PE and ME story) to get PME troops.
I would have to move to PE to finish the quest. I will soon, I am just trying to get some more points.

xivarmy

I would have to move to PE to finish the quest. I will soon, I am just trying to get some more points.
Well then you can continue at that point - don't move beyond the end of the ME map before you get story caught up to where you are on the map :)

I decided to go for Tomorrow troops, got the Tomorrow questline OK, 2 anti material snipers and 2 combat drones so far however there have been very few side quests, I keep aborting recurring quests, I'm near the end of the Tomorrow map, however I did not scout or take Itabarai or villabaja as there was no direction to do so. Are these 2 required to get the rest of the Tomorrow side quests? All I really care about are the 2 stealth tanks, I don't want to miss out on those.

Anna-

Tell me, please, what are the conditions for the capture of Ong Chu Cuoi Cung Province in the Postmodern Era? Is it necessary to capture both provinces - Rung Trai and Dong Bang Song, or is only one of them enough?

UBERhelp1

Tell me, please, what are the conditions for the capture of Ong Chu Cuoi Cung Province in the Postmodern Era? Is it necessary to capture both provinces - Rung Trai and Dong Bang Song, or is only one of them enough?
Yes, you do need both to be able to scout and take Ong Chu Cuoi Cung. It's sorta like on the Modern Era map where you have to take both sides before you can finish.

xivarmy

I decided to go for Tomorrow troops, got the Tomorrow questline OK, 2 anti material snipers and 2 combat drones so far however there have been very few side quests, I keep aborting recurring quests, I'm near the end of the Tomorrow map, however I did not scout or take Itabarai or villabaja as there was no direction to do so. Are these 2 required to get the rest of the Tomorrow side quests? All I really care about are the 2 stealth tanks, I don't want to miss out on those.
The stealth tanks aren't from side quests. So if you got "Meet Miguel Mantos", you should get the stealth tanks (towards the end of Falsa Cruz - if you've completed Falsa Cruz, you missed the part of the TE story with the stealth tanks).

The two early provinces skipped you'll be forced to scout and take prior to the last TE province if you have story going. But they're not required before then.

Anna-

Yes, you do need both to be able to scout and take Ong Chu Cuoi Cung. It's sorta like on the Modern Era map where you have to take both sides before you can finish.
Thank you! Is it possible to skip some provinces in the Modern Era and the Postmodern Era?