• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

Akantosh123

I'm in FE and I have only 8 techs left. I'm missing one tech to get turturrets. Is it possible to completely or partially skip arctic future quests?

UBERhelp1

I'm in FE and I have only 8 techs left. I'm missing one tech to get turturrets. Is it possible to completely or partially skip arctic future quests?
Unfortunately no. If you take the combo route as explained in the guide, you can do it with 4 techs instead of 5, but I don't know if you've already taken that into account.

Senecaone

I decided to start a new city tonight and discovered changes in the story quest. Even more interesting is I broke the story line! I have two recurring quests and no story quests in Early Middle Ages!
The way I got there was by stopping the cmap before the IA tower then I raced the tech tree to EMA. The reason was that I had purchased the new start bundle with fps so when I got to the "buy one fp" story quest I couldn't complete it without spending my fp bar. I also aborted all of the side quests as I went along. When I finally completed the "buy one fp" story quest, it dropped into recurring!
interesting!

PJS299

I decided to start a new city tonight and discovered changes in the story quest. Even more interesting is I broke the story line! I have two recurring quests and no story quests in Early Middle Ages!
The way I got there was by stopping the cmap before the IA tower then I raced the tech tree to EMA. The reason was that I had purchased the new start bundle with fps so when I got to the "buy one fp" story quest I couldn't complete it without spending my fp bar. I also aborted all of the side quests as I went along. When I finally completed the "buy one fp" story quest, it dropped into recurring!
interesting!

RichinZhills

Back for an update (sorry for the length):
This last GbG was my first in going past 1000 battles, I know, I'm a lightweight compared to some of you guys! Actually did 1407 for the season, but spent about 2k in diamonds healing & placing SCs and rushing them. Pushed to 129 Attrition one day, but on another did over 200 battles and stayed at 49 attrition due to having 5SC support throughout the center. All possible by having advanced units.
I have to say that the units by themselves are pretty awesome, but if you haven't developed your Zeus, CoA, Cdm, SBC, & TA all of mine are still less than 20, your HT's will take damage, as will your OF troops. When I have all available aids such as the Tavern & black potions, my max att/def is only in the 800's. So it can get expensive if you're just counting on your Troops to do all the work for you. Since AI is pretty stupid sometimes in Autobattle, I stick with 2 HT's and 6 rogues. As I envision in my head the auto-battle, the AI will move that 1 HT forward. It may or may not place it on a plain's territory, so it may lose its stealth ability, opening it up to all ranged attacks or maybe the blast effect. I see this happen when I take on PvP defenses and they have artillery units. My HT's always seem to take 1 or 2 points of damage. But that's usually with just my bare 485% att/def stats. Same in GbG, doesn't matter the attrition, eventually, I'll get hit, and it gets worse around the 40's, then I might take 2-3 on each tank. That's when I switch to my OF troops.
I've found it necessary to include the Rail Gun with my turturrets to limit the damage. If I don't, my TTs can lose up to 50% in one battle, ouch! So with two TT's and a RG, it's pretty simple to fight through into the 70's, then if they get hit, it's usually 3+ points of damage.
So while this is a guiding thread on getting the Advanced units, there's a lot about how to use them and not lose them that you'll need to practice according to your city and GB status. Play carefully and before you click on okay after a battle, double-check your units! Have enough diamonds in reserve to completely heal them if they die. Once they're gone, they're gone.
As a reminder, you might be leaving 20k in medals behind if you don't fight every tower you're capable of. A lot of players in InA simply don't defend their city, so two spear fighters are sitting out there. So on day 1 of the new 'hood, I start at the lowest neighbor with 1 bronze unit and 7 rogues. Once I win, I change that out with an Iron, and then all the way up through progressive. I don't have any CE's, so then it's to Tomorrow then up through Oceanic. I don't mess around too much in Industrial since that's where most of the competition is. I'm also mainly using either FE or OF troops so those towers have most of my points. You might find two or three players in your 'hood with Advanced Troops too, just keep in mind that no matter what you defend with, The HT's and Rogues will usually trump any troops you put out there. So watch who you pillage, could simply turn into a ping-pong match where you're both trying to pillage each other since you both can beat each other. I also check badges, so if someone is a glorified pillager, I might see what's available in their city.
Which reminds me Uber, you made a video about the Units being nerfed and how Inno is trying to make the game faster. It isn't the speed that causes people to quit, it's being pillaged by campers. When I first started I'd lose a whole city of produce to pillagers. Almost quit because of that and I'm sure that's why 98% of new players quit. They rush through Iron, unlocking PvP before they know what they're doing, then they're into EMA with just the Oracle, and all their goods/gold is taken daily. Much better to keep the storyline how it is and move PvP/Pilliaging up to CA. At least by that time they've had exposure to GE/GbG and know how to fight at least. Makes more sense than trying to limit access to Higher Units.
But those campers in the lower Ages are now having their butts handed to them by players with AU's and now, even though they're #1 in the 'hood, they get pillaged themselves. A lot of my top 10s are still fighting with all Industrial units. Yeah, they may have 1000%+ att/def, but they still can't beat HT's and OF units.

KingJMobile

Since AI is pretty stupid sometimes in Autobattle, I stick with 2 HT's and 6 rogues. As I envision in my head the auto-battle, the AI will move that 1 HT forward. It may or may not place it on a plain's territory, so it may lose its stealth ability, opening it up to all ranged attacks or maybe the blast effect. I see this happen when I take on PvP defenses and they have artillery units. My HT's always seem to take 1 or 2 points of damage. But that's usually with just my bare 485% att/def stats. Same in GbG, doesn't matter the attrition, eventually, I'll get hit, and it gets worse around the 40's, then I might take 2-3 on each tank. That's when I switch to my OF troops.
I've found it necessary to include the Rail Gun with my turturrets to limit the damage. If I don't, my TTs can lose up to 50% in one battle, ouch! So with two TT's and a RG, it's pretty simple to fight through into the 70's, then if they get hit, it's usually 3+ points of damage.
In GBG and GE, the AI will always look for Plains when attacking enemy units, unless they can't. I think how the real Hover gets injured is either that or when the enemy units have popped all the rogues and the Hover being in front gets targeted. That's an interesting strategy in high attrition: I wonder if it works in PE.

Anna-

The EMA troops can only be obtained via the EMA Bonus Questline, which is unlocked after the player completes the IA Story Quest "Makatba" and conquers the first EMA province, Dunkenwald. The EMA Bonus Sectors follow the mountains near the IA and BA provinces on the cMap (see screenshot below).
After the changes on the beta server, does it still work?

UBERhelp1

After the changes on the beta server, does it still work?
This? Yes. The only thing that was changed is that you can no longer get InA troops in CA, and therefore can not start the InA story until you are actually in InA.

Once we know for sure that this is what will be implemented, I'll update the guide. No sense in updating something now if it changes later.

RichinZhills

Because the att/def% is based on the Units' attack & defense base stats. So for instance, the Howitzer has a 35/35 att/def. Times 1000% is like 350/350. An HT's basic att/def is 120/120, so even at 480% my HT's fight at 576. With stealth, that limits ranged attacks, and most players for some reason like to use Rogues in their defenses, some also use 8 Artillery which becomes paperweights against stealth units after they're converted from Rogues. But during GbG, you come across waves of 6-8 fast units and they will be across the field by the second wave. So after they all take their first hit and your attrition is really high, they'll opt to take their 2nd attack on your primary unit. Even though the HT limits damage, if you get hit two or three times, that's still almost half your hitpoints gone.
But doing it manually, you can keep your 1 unit tucked in the corner and just use Rogues against both waves.

Well written Rich. This reply will aid many! I've just a couple of things to add...

(1) Forgotten Temple also gives a 20% Boost to ALL Forge Point producing buildings in one's city!! - However, there are 2 exceptions: Town Hall & Great Buildings which produce fps (like CdM, for example) are not included.

Note: Since FT expires in 4 weeks and it takes 4 weeks to obtain the Fragments for another, it's prudent to do GE5 each week to keep it going. => Also - They Don't Stack! --- SO: If you try adding a second one while another still has time left on it, the original one will immediately EXPIRE, and the new one will be ACTIVE for 28 days.
While this may have been true at one time, I just recently had 2 Forgotten Temples active at the same time, the first one did not decay when I planted the second and for several days I had a 40% FP boost before the oldest one expired. One one server I play on someone is saving up 5 forgotten temples to place them all at the same time and get a 100% boost in FP production for a month.

KingJMobile

Just had a noob moment: I think I've accidentally started the Indy bonus questline whilst being in Industrial Age saving up techs. Having a quest slot taken up shouldn't affect the storyline thing from Truth or Dare to Dictator's Death to Meet Miguel Mantos right?

(PS: It's on my secondary world with just 1 tech above the minimum required – I've done this before, but heck that was one and a half years ago and I can't remember off the top of my head).

UBERhelp1

Just had a noob moment: I think I've accidentally started the Indy bonus questline whilst being in Industrial Age saving up techs. Having a quest slot taken up shouldn't affect the storyline thing from Truth or Dare to Dictator's Death to Meet Miguel Mantos right?

(PS: It's on my secondary world with just 1 tech above the minimum required – I've done this before, but heck that was one and a half years ago and I can't remember off the top of my head).
It shouldn't, however that means you will not have access to any RQs after reaching Truth or Dare, since that and the InA Bonus will take up the 2 RQ slots.