• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Incident Feedback

DeletedUser24719

Does anyone who has played this game for a length of time expect any meaningful rewards. Get real!

DeletedUser26120

Does anyone who has played this game for a length of time expect any meaningful rewards. Get real!
I have been playing for around one year and all of the event buildings combined in my city are producing over 100 fps a day.

I also get 50 diamonds, on average, once a week with my 20ish wishing wells/fountains of youth.

Not to mention all the GE rewards, which you can review in my sig.

But back on topic, incidents? Sure, I have gotten a few thousand medals so far along with dozen+ fps and about 20 diamonds. And countless goods.

DeletedUser

I like the incidents. Any chance to win more medals is OK by me. I would like to see slightly better rewards or maybe at least a greater variety.

Maybe I am too sensitive (and generally I am) but I am mildly disturbed by some of the graphics though. Some I can't really ID, some are cute inconveniences like a kite in tree, or roadwork, but others are, like I say, MILDLY disturbing. In particular: the guy standing on a capsized boat, a shipwreck, a cryptic SOS plea for help scratched in the sand, the poor fishing boat facing an imminent doom. Even the beloved rhino on a raft is eerily reminiscent of a polar bear on an ice floe - an all-too-real thing these days.

I am probably alone in this but, I dunno, after seeing all of these several times for a couple of weeks..... they are sorta creeping me out a little bit.

I noticed a new incident graphic recently. It is someone hanging out laundry to dry. So it looks like someone survived that nasty shipwreck :D

Algona

Just finished a month of searching around my city looking for Cherry Trees. Randomly clicked on Incidents that I stunbled across while harvesting Apples. Picked up dozens of Incidents, lots of stuff from 60 Coins to 10 FP.

And now? I don't bother looking.

You know what would be a cool Incifent? Lanterns, Apples, Tickets, Stars....

I wonder if that would prompt me to look?

Prolly not.

DeletedUser25166

While I get certain posters HAVE to defend INNO, I'm stilling trying to figure out why incidents and D.C. are only for certain live players. This should have been tested completely in Beta, before half a$s rolling it out to live

DeletedUser26965

While I get certain posters HAVE to defend INNO, I'm stilling trying to figure out why incidents and D.C. are only for certain live players. This should have been tested completely in Beta, before half a$s rolling it out to live
I don't know if this is a defense or not rather more of what I understand regarding games in general and what I've seen about this. But in regards to Incidents it was first posted on the German Live forum that they needed to test Incidents on Live because the data was lacking due to the small amount of players on Beta. Apparently this is also the case for DC. Now if you read through enough history on the forums you'll get the impression FoE has never really done too well with releasing stuff, I mean GvG was supposed to be here at the beginning and it took over a year to get it and there are many small examples as well. It's almost like you can consider the Live servers Beta servers that will eventually become Live but never really do, though in a lot of ways they do good as well so that's a bit of exaggeration simply to make a point.

I don't think it's completely out of the realm for games to do this. But the biggest problem as well is the communication or lack thereof. Unfortunately Inno often throws their CM's/Mods under the bus and don't communicate some things, this was the case with Incidents at first but then CM's started mentioning it so apparently they got the word after the fact and now it seems the same with DC's though apparently no one has been informed.

Now in the end it's their game, they can do what they want, and we can either deal with that, try to ask for better service or simply stop playing. Me, meh, I'll stick around.

Volodya

I don't know if this is a defense or not rather more of what I understand regarding games in general and what I've seen about this. But in regards to Incidents it was first posted on the German Live forum that they needed to test Incidents on Live because the data was lacking due to the small amount of players on Beta. Apparently this is also the case for DC. Now if you read through enough history on the forums you'll get the impression FoE has never really done too well with releasing stuff, I mean GvG was supposed to be here at the beginning and it took over a year to get it and there are many small examples as well. It's almost like you can consider the Live servers Beta servers that will eventually become Live but never really do, though in a lot of ways they do good as well so that's a bit of exaggeration simply to make a point.

I don't think it's completely out of the realm for games to do this. But the biggest problem as well is the communication or lack thereof. Unfortunately Inno often throws their CM's/Mods under the bus and don't communicate some things, this was the case with Incidents at first but then CM's started mentioning it so apparently they got the word after the fact and now it seems the same with DC's though apparently no one has been informed.

Now in the end it's their game, they can do what they want, and we can either deal with that, try to ask for better service or simply stop playing. Me, meh, I'll stick around.

Couldn't Inno have gathered the data they needed by releasing incidents/challenges to all players on one or more servers? That would seem to meet their needs while keeping each particular playing field level. Ftr, I've had incidents from the day they went live; I don't have challenges. I don't care particularly; no matter how good the prizes are, I've been playing long enough that there's nothing I really badly need. This partial release is blatantly unfair however; I can fully respect that that distresses people whether it affects them personally or not.

DeletedUser12620

How can we give feedback when a large majority are unable to access this update? Shold have kept this in beta.

I understand we can go to beta but this is a poor excuse.:confused:

DeletedUser26965

Couldn't Inno have gathered the data they needed by releasing incidents/challenges to all players on one or more servers?
Beats me but I would hazard to guess it's "safer" to test with only what you need to get the job done in the hopes if anything does go wrong it doesn't become a server wide issue. Perhaps a solution could be an announcement to opt in or opt out and once they get the amount of players they need to test stop the admission. Perhaps they can do it like a contest. Of course again this would take communication from Inno which is lacking, and completely absent in the case of DC's.

DeletedUser4441

When Incidents first rolled out on Beta it was like Christmas. There were goodies everywhere. It was WAY OP. I was pulling in 20-50 FP a day, plus tons of other stuff. I then watched the pendulum swing too far back the other direction. In the time they have been testing and with the expanded test I see things coming back to a nice balance. Its not a desert void of good prizes, nor is it a jackpot every time you click. *balance* My opinion is it wont be much longer till full roll out.

DeletedUser31592

Beats me but I would hazard to guess it's "safer" to test with only what you need to get the job done in the hopes if anything does go wrong it doesn't become a server wide issue. Perhaps a solution could be an announcement to opt in or opt out and once they get the amount of players they need to test stop the admission. Perhaps they can do it like a contest. Of course again this would take communication from Inno which is lacking, and completely absent in the case of DC's.

Or roll out one world at a time. At least this puts you on an even playing field with those you are directly playing against.

I don't understand why I had them for a few weeks prior to the announcement and then lost them about the same exact day as the announcement. :confused:

DeletedUser26965

I think what @sloppyjoeslayer is saying is he wants to hear facts from the Development Staff.

View attachment 7799

Maybe something along the lines of one of those Q&A Videos is what he means.
There's a couple of Inno guys on Beta too, would be nice to have them show up here once in awhile but yes when I say Inno I mean someone gainfully employed by them.

Or roll out one world at a time.
Maybe but that still may be too many players for the testing/breaking balance they may be comfortable with, I don't know, I'm just guessing but guessing based on past experiences with not only this game but others as well. I guess maybe you can liken it to a new law or economic change, good idea to examine such effects on a smaller scale first like a town, county or perhaps a small country before trying State or Federal wide with hundreds of millions of people.

DeletedUser31667

only thing i dont like about incidents is the coin and supplies payout is very low im in the future and i get like 215 coins/supplies this is nothing compared to millions i have.....

DeletedUser12620

When Incidents first rolled out on Beta it was like Christmas. There were goodies everywhere. It was WAY OP. I was pulling in 20-50 FP a day, plus tons of other stuff. I then watched the pendulum swing too far back the other direction. In the time they have been testing and with the expanded test I see things coming back to a nice balance. Its not a desert void of good prizes, nor is it a jackpot every time you click. *balance* My opinion is it wont be much longer till full roll out.

So, since some have this to test on live servers it's still unfair to those who don't have them yet?:D:D:D

Algona

There's a couple of Inno guys on Beta too, would be nice to have them show up here once in awhile

When Magic went online the devs and the admin team were on constantly. And stopped posting because every time they'd post the twerps would come out of the woodwork.

This (whatever) sucks.

Why aren't you working on (my favorite fetish)?

Why are you wasting time here instead of working on the game?

Endless variations of insults, trollery, all sorts of twerp behavior. The devs will be better off skipping this zoo.

DeletedUser26965

When Magic went online the devs and the admin team were on constantly. And stopped posting because every time they'd post the twerps would come out of the woodwork.

This (whatever) sucks.

Why aren't you working on (my favorite fetish)?

Why are you wasting time here instead of working on the game?

Endless variations of insults, trollery, all sorts of twerp behavior. The devs will be better off skipping this zoo.
Yes gaming forums, like any other website where anyone can comment, are generally filled with such junk but I think for the benefit for those who do comment constructively they can suffer the fools a bit.

Algona

Yes gaming forums, like any other website where anyone can comment, are generally filled with such junk but I think for the benefit for those who do comment constructively they can suffer the fools a bit.

I didn't speak plainly, so let me tell it bang: The folk from WotC were well known, respected. friendly, many of them former pro Magic players and other 'stars' of the game. Didn't matter. The more they talked the more immense quantities of crap flowed from the yutzes.

You may het a little satisfaction from INNO devs answering a few questions, but only you and a few other rational folk will benefit. The INNO devs will get a ton of crap from yutzes. The yutzes will whine incessantly when the INNO devs don't come back for more loads of crap. Becasue as always, the yutzes take anything as prima facie evidence that INNO is incompetent. lying, and cheating.

What's the upside for the devs? What can they say in these forums that could possibly have an upside? That could be good for them, INNO, or the game?

Last edited: