• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Meld Victory Towers into GBs...

DeletedUser36032

would it be possible to: Add Victory Towers to a Great Building that already provides medals... for instance add 10 VTs at a time to the GB and then collect the VT bonus on top of what the GB already does? This would free up precious real estate. Hope that makes sense. After you have collected quite a few, the 1 square footprint kind of defeats its own purpose and can take up as much space as a great building in and of itself.

Agent327

This would free up precious real estate. Hope that makes sense.

No it doesn't. With the 1x1 footprint you can fill up space that can otherwise not be uswed.

fter you have collected quite a few, the 1 square footprint kind of defeats its own purpose and can take up as much space as a great building in and of itself.

Welcome to an essential part of the game.

BTW

Steps of a Proposal

1. Go to the Proposals section
  2. Check the Do Not Suggest List
  3. If your proposal is not on the DNSL check the Frequently Proposed Ideas and do a forum Search to see if it’s already been suggested
  4. If you can’t find a similar proposal then Properly Format your proposal
  5. Submit Proposal
  6. Wait at least two weeks
  7. If multiple people support your Proposal you can at this point Submit it for Nomination
  8. At this point “moderators will review it and decide if a poll will be created or if it needs further discussion first”
  9. If successful your Proposal will be Submitted for Vote
  10. If successful it should be Submitted to Inno
  11. For various reasons a Proposal may end up in the Closed/Archived section, if that happens they state “...try re working the text and create a new proposal thread for it.”
  12. If a Proposal goes through to Inno I’m not exactly sure what happens at that point
  13. Never add a Poll to your own Proposal
  14. If you get slushpuppy responses try to ignore it

- KQ -

would it be possible to: Add Victory Towers to a Great Building that already provides medals... for instance add 10 VTs at a time to the GB and then collect the VT bonus on top of what the GB already does? This would free up precious real estate. Hope that makes sense. After you have collected quite a few, the 1 square footprint kind of defeats its own purpose and can take up as much space as a great building in and of itself.

Get a level 80 Arc. You won't need Victory Towers. My point being that Victory Towers have a place in the game in the very early phases, but like many things they become outmoded and aren't worth the space past a certain point. Delete them and move on.

Salsuero

Focus on donating to high-age GBs. The higher the reward and the higher the age, the more medals you will get. The amount you get from Victory Towers isn't worth discussing and the GBs that produce them aren't either. Neither is the PvP championship or incidents... or rewards from recurring quests... or events. The medals you seek come from donating to high-age GBs. You'll be swimming in medals before long -- with or without an Arc, though having an Arc certainly doesn't hurt. Once you've done this, you can pretty much just delete those Victory Towers.

- KQ -

Focus on donating to high-age GBs. The higher the reward and the higher the age, the more medals you will get. The amount you get from Victory Towers isn't worth discussing and the GBs that produce them aren't either. Neither is the PvP championship or incidents... or rewards from recurring quests... or events. The medals you seek come from donating to high-age GBs. You'll be swimming in medals before long -- with or without an Arc, though having an Arc certainly doesn't hurt. Once you've done this, you can pretty much just delete those Victory Towers.

I should have used the sarcasm font. The fact is that once I got an Arc, medals started rolling in. I've got all of the victory expansions and buy a crazy number of extra turns in GE and have a paltry 2.4 million extra medals. Salsuero is correct when saying that there are multiple good strategies for getting medals that are much more efficient than Victory Towers.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Victory Towers are a waste of space that could be used for other space wasters like Watchtowers. There are so many easy ways to get medals, that even in my first Iron Age city I deleted the few I had once I realized how worthless they are. Donation to Arc's or other Future Era or higher great buildings and as a side benefit of recurring quests are the best methods. Even sniping a few Oracles in early ages will outperform a Victory Tower's output.

DeletedUser36032

perhaps this is true for players who are far along in the game, but in the meantime, lower era players like the bonus that VTs bring, it might be worth it for you to keep them in your inventory anyway, as Inno may revise them later on , just sayin' o_O thx for commenting

Agent327

perhaps this is true for players who are far along in the game, but in the meantime, lower era players like the bonus that VTs bring, it might be worth it for you to keep them in your inventory anyway, as Inno may revise them later on , just sayin' o_O thx for commenting

That still does not mean there is a need for a GB to put them in.

DeletedUser32935

Never going to happen. Want to know why?

This year's Winter Event is releasing a new upgrade kits: Victory Tower lvl 2!

So, they'll never bother with this. Might as well close the thread.

Ugh, seriously? Unless they now give FP too, probably not going to bother.

To the, erm, proposal, my vote is no. Like others have said, if they are taking up "precious" space in your city, you're using them poorly. A well-designed city won't have much unusable space in it anyway, and if you can restructure your city to fit a few more useful buildings at the cost of losing some VTs, you do it.

Salsuero

This year's Winter Event is releasing a new upgrade kits: Victory Tower lvl 2!
Ugh, seriously? Unless they now give FP too, probably not going to bother.

Double the medals!!! LOL The noobs are really gonna love this one. They might even TRY to win them. The level 2 Watchfire looks reasonably nice and bumps up the defensive boost from 4% to 6%. The 4x4 main reward is probably the only thing that I'll be working toward... but 12 levels to upgrade for maximum effectiveness (6 FPs) sounds a bit daunting.

DeletedUser34800

@Salsuero 12 levels is a lot, but from what I've read on the beta feedback, it should be attainable for F2P. That means playing daily and doing the quest line of course, completing the event and all that.

But I was going to do that anyways.

Oh, and yeah, all the victory tower fans will LOVE the lvl 2 upgrade kits. What a waste. I feel bad for people who go out of their way for them. I read about the production building. 2x3 for 15 goods in 24 he cycle. I'll be going for those. Or maybe even the watchfire lvl 2 upgrade kits. I do love my city defense hahahaha

Salsuero

@Salsuero 12 levels is a lot, but from what I've read on the beta feedback, it should be attainable for F2P. That means playing daily and doing the quest line of course, completing the event and all that.

But I was going to do that anyways.

Yeah... I always do too, especially when the reward is worth it. If they say it can be done for free, I'll get it done. It just always makes me wonder when there is a luck component if there's a "reasonable" chance of getting there for free or if it's going to take at least some good luck to do so. I hate when you have to rely on any amount of good luck to get there.

Oh, and yeah, all the victory tower fans will LOVE the lvl 2 upgrade kits. What a waste. I feel bad for people who go out of their way for them. I read about the production building. 2x3 for 15 goods in 24 he cycle. I'll be going for those. Or maybe even the watchfire lvl 2 upgrade kits. I do love my city defense hahahaha

Agreed... not interested in more goods production, personally... but I wouldn't be upset with a few of those Watchfire upgrades... not that they would make much of a difference in my case, but having a few extra % won't hurt and it'll at least make the skyline look a little different.

RazorbackPirate

Double the medals!!! LOL The noobs are really gonna love this one. They might even TRY to win them. The level 2 Watchfire looks reasonably nice and bumps up the defensive boost from 4% to 6%.
@SalsueroOh, and yeah, all the victory tower fans will LOVE the lvl 2 upgrade kits. What a waste. I feel bad for people who go out of their way for them. Or maybe even the watchfire lvl 2 upgrade kits. I do love my city defense hahahaha
Victory Towers, Watchfires, and Ritual Flames have always been disposable items for me. My goal is to use every available tile, but inevitably there's always a few empty tiles and these are great to 'fill in the gaps'. While I don't intend to try for them, I expect I'll end up with a few anyway. As such, I'll use them to upgrade anything I already have out.

The problem these upgrades present is when I need to remove some. Previously, I've just just sold them without a thought as they come frequent enough. Once it becomes level 2, even as a filler, does it increase the value enough to store them and no longer sell them?

DeletedUser34800

Yeah... I always do too, especially when the reward is worth it. If they say it can be done for free, I'll get it done. It just always makes me wonder when there is a luck component if there's a "reasonable" chance of getting there for free or if it's going to take at least some good luck to do so. I hate when you have to rely on any amount of good luck to get there.

Agreed... not interested in more goods production, personally... but I wouldn't be upset with a few of those Watchfire upgrades... not that they would make much of a difference in my case, but having a few extra % won't hurt and it'll at least make the skyline look a little different.

I'm a goods fanatic. Just can't seem to get enough of them hahaha. Plus, when I move to modern era, I wouldn't mind having some small goods making buildings in my inventory, just in case I decide I need them. Probably won't place them right away, but for future use ya know?

I agree about the lvl 2 watchfire upgrades. Nice, but an extra 2% won't make a huge difference. I do happen to like the way the upgraded version looks over the standard version, so I'll use what I get.

As for the luck involved in the event, yeah, agreed there. Hopefully it's not too luck dependent. Will depend on the Grand Prize line up, and how many candles on the tree light up with each match you use. Interesting concept this year, and it's a nice grand prize.

DeletedUser34800

Victory Towers, Watchfires, and Ritual Flames have always been disposable items for me. My goal is to use every available tile, but inevitably there's always a few empty tiles and these are great to 'fill in the gaps'. While I don't intend to try for them, I expect I'll end up with a few anyway. As such, I'll use them to upgrade anything I already have out.

The problem these upgrades present is when I need to remove some. Previously, I've just just sold them without a thought as they come frequent enough. Once it becomes level 2, even as a filler, does it increase the value enough to store them and no longer sell them?

Yeah, I usually just sell my old ones if I need the space as well. But I feel like the lvl 2 upgrades merit it being stored if needed to instead of sold.

I have a couple that are in 'permanent' spots, for the foreseeable future, so those will get whatever lvl 2 upgrades I earn. Not sure about the rest.

IngeJones

Is that all it is on level 2, double medals? I kind of hoped for medals + FP or something. I already have more medals than I can spend, seeing as we're getting so few victory expansions released now. Even my guild has more medals than they can spend so no point donating to them.

DeletedUser21322

This can now be found in forge hall, as a proposal was not put together.

Emberguard

The victory tower is already among one of the greatest non-GBs out there purely on output for space taken due to the lack of roads needed. If it wasn't for it producing medals it'd need a nerf.

This proposal does two things.
(1) Boosts the GB bonus. Something which would fundamentally change the way GBs function. Currently the only way to improve a GBs output is through consuming FPs. Now you'd essentially be lvl'ing up the GB with buildings. So if this proposal ever made it we could end up finding all kinds of buildings being merged into GBs in general.

(2) Unlimited/Extra Space proposal. Consuming VTs in this manner would be no different then putting down an extra land expansion.

The strength of the VT is in its size. You're meant to use it in areas that would otherwise be dead space. If players want to line them up all in multiple rows that's fine, but that's not necessarily how they were designed to be utilised