• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New changes to gbg at beta forum.

Sharmon the Impaler

Base collections at 5K would be what I saw it as too. I can work my 1840 base into about 2500 easily with my BG and HC and Jesters but not everyone has those.

Jennie2019

In the diamond league you can chew through 1/4 of your treasury in a season , how would making them even more expensive help ?
I’m not saying make buildings more expensive. I’m saying - if you’re in Copper, Silver, Gold, Platinum, you should either get the same rewards as Diamond or reduce the building costs to balance the reduction in rewards.

Personally, I think the building costs and rewards should be the same no matter the league.

Sharmon the Impaler

So you want the same rewards for less effort by you is what you are saying. Why should someone that just jumps onto GbG get the same rewards as someone that has been plugging away with their guild for months to get to the Diamond league ?

xivarmy

I’m not saying make buildings more expensive. I’m saying - if you’re in Copper, Silver, Gold, Platinum, you should either get the same rewards as Diamond or reduce the building costs to balance the reduction in rewards.

Personally, I think the building costs and rewards should be the same no matter the league.
The increasing rewards is to encourage you to advance in leagues. i.e. compete rather than just farm. Where this principle has been missing is in diamond where 1st-4th was no difference (hence their shiny new toy in the changes).

And the cost of the buildings *is* reduced - by the reduced need for them. Too expensive for what you get for them? Don't build them, win anyways. Advance til you get to a point where you feel they are worth it.

Jennie2019

The increasing rewards is to encourage you to advance in leagues. i.e. compete rather than just farm. Where this principle has been missing is in diamond where 1st-4th was no difference (hence their shiny new toy in the changes).

And the cost of the buildings *is* reduced - by the reduced need for them. Too expensive for what you get for them? Don't build them, win anyways. Advance til you get to a point where you feel they are worth it.
How is the need reduced? If you are a small guild, (and let’s be honest - not all guilds should or could be a big guild) you still want to play and GBG is a big part of the current game. So you battle the high attrition to get meager rewards, then place camps but those camps don’t give you 160 advances. They give you much less. You’re still paying Diamond prices but not getting Diamond benefits. So actually, the need for camps increases at the lower levels.

xivarmy

How is the need reduced? If you are a small guild, (and let’s be honest - not all guilds should or could be a big guild) you still want to play and GBG is a big part of the current game. So you battle the high attrition to get meager rewards, then place camps but those camps don’t give you 160 advances. They give you much less. You’re still paying Diamond prices but not getting Diamond benefits. So actually, the need for camps increases at the lower levels.
You don't have to place camps to win in lower leagues - take a couple sectors a day and you should advance to at least platinum. And that's quite manageable for a small guild. It's not like copper is mini-diamond with constant action going on - often all but 1 or 2 of the guilds are completely dormant.

Ebeondi Asi

There is a desire on the part of newer players to get what the players who have been here a long time get. The problem is those long time players went through all the difficult stuff a long time ago. It might be considered like an apprenticeship. You have to pay your dues to eventually get the good stuff. Whining that it is unfair? And whining that others get so much more? baby attitude.
Same thing with seeing a player with a 180 arc. they worked years to get that. Did you? So you whine why should I not have that too but do not see how foolish that complaint is.

A second problem for many newer players is sticking to weak and poorly run Guilds. There are players who get into Diamond League Guilds with meager cities. They made the effort and work hard so the big Guild they get into accepted them. If you do not like being in a poorly run weak Guild, Move! (instead of trying to argue that your weak useless Guild should get more! There are way too many small junk guild stifling players who want more. and nothing is holding them from leaving except being too dumb to know they should leave (I guess?)

Last edited:

Jennie2019

There is a desire on the part of newer players to get what the players who have been here a long time get. The problem is those long time players went through all the difficult stuff a long time ago. It might be considered like an apprenticeship. You have to pay your dues to eventually get the good stuff. Whining that it is unfair? And whining that others get so much more? baby attitude.
Same thing with seeing a player with a 180 arc. they worked years to get that. Did you? So you whine why should I not have that too but do not see how foolish that complaint is.

A second problem for many newer players is sticking to weak and poorly run Guilds. There are players who get into Diamond League Guilds with meager cities. They made the effort and work hard so the big Guild they get into accepted them. If you do not like being in a poorly run weak Guild, Move! (instead of trying to argue that your weak useless Guild should get more! There are way too many small junk guild stifling players who want more. and nothing is holding them from leaving except being too dumb to know they should leave (I guess?)
Wow. I’m not whining. I’ve been playing longer than GBG. I have the experience to state the obvious. Why is it players like you trash those that don’t want the high pressure of a top guild. Or start calling people names or disrespecting them for having an opinion different from yours. I play in 2 worlds with top guilds. I have respect for all players, no matter their ranking or level of participation. It‘s a game. A GAME! The only thing I’m saying is that if FoE doesn’t give the same rewards, they shouldn’t charge the same number of goods for camps. Where do I talk about a 180 Arc? Why is that even part of this conversation? Why do you feel threatened by those that want the game to be fair?

Sharmon the Impaler

Wow. I’m not whining. I’ve been playing longer than GBG. I have the experience to state the obvious. Why is it players like you trash those that don’t want the high pressure of a top guild. Or start calling people names or disrespecting them for having an opinion different from yours. I play in 2 worlds with top guilds. I have respect for all players, no matter their ranking or level of participation. It‘s a game. A GAME! The only thing I’m saying is that if FoE doesn’t give the same rewards, they shouldn’t charge the same number of goods for camps. Where do I talk about a 180 Arc? Why is that even part of this conversation? Why do you feel threatened by those that want the game to be fair?
Of course you are whining , you can't get the same as the people that put in the effort and you are complaining about it. Why should 500,000 players have to go through the work of getting up to diamond league to get the same rewards as you in Bronze ? We all paid the same amount for the buildings but you don't want to put in the effort so are now complaining to make it less for you because you are special. How about no ?

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

I call BS on this "they've worked for years" crap. Everybody with any experience knows that you can have all this stuff in less than a year simply by being active and joining a high level guild. "Pay dues". Hah. Power creep and GBG farming by top guilds has rendered that phrase meaningless, and we both know it. You want to hear real whining? Just threaten to do anything to hinder the golden goose of farming resources in any feature of this game. Remember the introduction of the 2000 abort limit? The whines are still echoing through the internet.

Jennie2019

Of course you are whining , you can't get the same as the people that put in the effort and you are complaining about it. Why should 500,000 players have to go through the work of getting up to diamond league to get the same rewards as you in Bronze ? We all paid the same amount for the buildings but you don't want to put in the effort so are now complaining to make it less for you because you are special. How about no ?
I play in Diamond. I never said I was in Bronze - stop assuming. What difference does it make how much someone makes in another league? They’re pay the same thing to get attrition reduced fights as you so why shouldn’t they get the same rewards? A fight is a fight no matter the league. Is it such a big deal if they get equal rewards for equal costs. Why do you feel threatened?

Angry.Blanket

I play in Diamond. I never said I was in Bronze - stop assuming. What difference does it make how much someone makes in another league? They’re pay the same thing to get attrition reduced fights as you so why shouldn’t they get the same rewards? A fight is a fight no matter the league. Is it such a big deal if they get equal rewards for equal costs. Why do you feel threatened
Why are they not in diamond if they have put in the same work ?

Dominator - X

Incentives have been used and proven to be very effective throughout history. They work for GBG too. I mean, why would a guild want to fight or farm against or with a Diamond League guild when they can be matched with Platinum League or even lower league guilds and get the same rewards? Diamond League is where the "money" is. That's why. It motivates and incentivizes guilds to grow their treasury and membership to compete, beat or farm with the top guilds, so as to get the top "pay". AKA: Best rewards.

It is what separates mediocrity from meritocracy, without the politics, of course.

Pericles the Lion

I think that everyone agrees that the rewards should scale with the level. Lower rewards in Copper than Diamond. While you have a pretty good argument that the building costs should also scale with the level that ship has already sailed. Every Diamond League guild worked their way up from the lower ranks paying full Diamond price for every building. Each of these guilds figured out how to handle the goods requirements, others should be able to do likewise (or even find the going easier what with power creep).

Amitola1

As a leader and GBG leader of a small guild I think we should stop thinking of the past. Since FoE has decided to make what they call needed changes that costs and rewards should now be scaled for leagues to give newer and smaller guilds the opportunity to learn how to navigate GBG much the same way that players learn to navigate GE. Let's make this a true Marathon which requires baby steps, if you will.

Ebeondi Asi

A new youtube video and the Portuguese early reveal seems to be saying the Beta GbG changes will be arriving in the main Worlds This Thursday. Just in case you wanted to know? :eek:o_O:eek:o_O:eek:o_O:cool:o_O:eek:o_O:eek: