• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

No Human Player Attacks

Freshmeboy

That's just your opinion, Agent and you are entitled to it...but your opinion doesn't solve an imbalanced pvp model. If you are unfamiliar with true pvp, I can steer you to m odels that show how broken FoE is...

Freshmeboy

I'm sorry...In answer to your question, Agent, you aid the player to be able to see their city...then you can donate.

Agent327

My opinion is not meant to solve any imbalance. It is just to show where you are wrong. As a neighbour I can donate in your GB's, so even when hidden I can see their level. I do not have to aid a player to see their city. I can see their GB's.

Graviton

Understand where you are coming from Ember but the imbalance starts early so the CDM needs to be included as well. Having three attack GBs and only two defense doesn;t make balanced pvp by the middle ages...

I'd say the evidence indicates that Inno doesn't want balanced PvP. I don't even think balanced PvP would be good for the game, but I won't elaborate as that would apparently be "ranting and railing".

Once motivated, I have no buildings in my city that can be plundered. Because I attack and plunder extensively within my hood I get attacked quite a lot -- at least until my neighbors figure out there's no point in doing so. That's the best defense I've found, I'm bulletproof.

Freshmeboy

Agent, somebody asked for a solution..I gave one. You did not. You have an opinion and have stated it. You don't want any change of any kind in any format of the game. Message noted. If you have an idea how to balance pvp I'd love to hear it. Other than that, I'll hear nothing from you at all, thanks

Emberguard

If PvP were truly balanced we wouldn't have protection through motivation and attackers would be taking 50% of your stuff because they'd win 50% of the time

Agent327

Agent, somebody asked for a solution..I gave one. You did not. You have an opinion and have stated it. You don't want any change of any kind in any format of the game. Message noted. If you have an idea how to balance pvp I'd love to hear it. Other than that, I'll hear nothing from you at all, thanks

Your solution does not work. You can not shield the hood from prying eyes, cause they will always be able to see your GB's. Having your attack GB's come into play will shift the unbalance in favor of the defender. Besides the IA the biggest problem of the defence is the low attack boost in the defence. What might work is raising the attack boost of the defence GB's.

Freshmeboy

How to shield the hood from invaders: The hood city cannot be entered without aiding the player. You enter, you cant leave without aid or mote. GBs are not available for perusal or donation without aid. If you want to aid the hood one day, write down all the strong and weak ones, then came back the rest of the week and raid you can. Bit more work than just pressing auto battle 80 times. But hey you get 24 freaking hours to plunder.
How to partially balance the pvp: All pvp in every game is offensively oriented and that would not change. But attack levels must rise to create some risk or loss by the attackers. If the increase is through the defensive GBs rather than the attack GBs means an advantage in lower ages versus upper ones for the attacker I believe attack GBs from bronze till MA should be sufficent to balance the pvp from the beginning. The best defense is still collecting on time but its ridiculous that its so one sided as it is at present.
Whether INNO wants to do this or not is up to them. They seem to have realized that the real money, unlike other games with pvp, is in the events and they focus on that.

Mustapha00

Understand where you are coming from Ember but the imbalance starts early so the CDM needs to be included as well. Having three attack GBs and only two defense doesn;t make balanced pvp by the middle ages...

It's actually worse- far worse- than that.

AO. Kraken. And now the Virgo Project (or whatever it's called). You have six GBs dedicated to boosting the capability of aggressive players but only two to boost the capability of defenders (plus RFs, WTs, etc.).

I have a 512% defense in one of my worlds. It is almost completely useless. I am attacked daily but a player with roughly 460% offensive boost and units one Age ahead, and my units do, at best, 10 or so points of damage to his. He uses- surprise!- 1 real unit and 7 Rogues, parks the real unit in the top left corner and watches my defending units waste themselves against his Rogues, never attacking the real unit.

One additional disadvantage to the defending player is that they have only those two GBs to boost the offensive capabilities of their defending troops, while the attacking player benefits from many different boosts to the defensive score of their attacking units. I see this, too, as an imbalance. I've mulled over the idea of a GB that adds to a city defense but also even more significantly boosts the offensive score of defending units, along the order of 3%/level from 1-20 and then 2% from then on, yielding a 150% boost to offense at level 80. this would give defending units at least some chance to break through the attacker's defensive score.

DeletedUser

1. "Fixing" PvP won't help most players. If they don't develop their city now, none of these suggestions will get them to. And that's the biggest defensive liability, incompetent players.
2. Two Spearman defenses will still be there and none of this will change that.
3. Huge disparities will still exist within hoods, and that contributes more to the "issue" than the allegedly broken PvP format.
4. Everybody says it's too late to nerf the Arc, which is younger than the PvP system. Hypocrisy?

Algona

As always, a lack of perspective whenever this topic of defending cities comes up, It ain't about what the players think, it's about what INNO knows the players will respond to.

Obvobvfobv INNO much prefers the attacker have the ability to work towards an overwhelming advantage. To make sure that players keep working towards that overwhelming offensive advantage INNO keeps chucking out not as good defensive stuff as well, followed by ever more powerful attacker stuff.

They've spent years rigging the game that way. Aren't you folks paying attention?

Seems the OP had the right idea since INNO prolly ain't changing the profitable habits of years.

Emberguard

2. Two Spearman defenses will still be there and none of this will change that.
And there's the greatest problem. The more players without a defence the more it weakens the entire neighbourhood not just the individual

Obvobvfobv INNO much prefers the attacker have the ability to work towards an overwhelming advantage.
70 neighbours VS 1 plunderer. Sure, the attacker has such an overwhelming advantage to begin with :p oh wait.... the neighbours don't put up a defence ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It's a shame neighbours don't use their greatest weapon pre-city breech. On a 1v1 basis it's true the attacker has the advantage. But if everyone had a proper defence regardless of boosts present it'd turn the tables on the attacker far more then simply giving defence another GB

Last edited:

Agent327

Change the City Defense AI to that of the Continent Map AI so that city defense units do not automatically target Rogues rather than "real" units.

Pretty simple, no?

Absolutely, except it will never happen. Inno has already stated that it is impossible to do that.

Agent327

AO. Kraken. And now the Virgo Project (or whatever it's called). You have six GBs dedicated to boosting the capability of aggressive players but only two to boost the capability of defenders (plus RFs, WTs, etc.).

Virgo does not work on PvP and there are 3 GB's that boost defence.

I've mulled over the idea of a GB that adds to a city defense but also even more significantly boosts the offensive score of defending units, along the order of 3%/level from 1-20 and then 2% from then on, yielding a 150% boost to offense at level 80. this would give defending units at least some chance to break through the attacker's defensive score.

Something like the TA?

time4coffee

Im in the LMA and honestly have only been plundered once or twice. Once I figured out that I could have a defense army, I haven't been bothered at all. Mostly I only attack cities if I need to for a quest, I am always surprised by the number of people in my neighborhood, put up no defense at all. I leave most cities alone if I see they have a number of military buildings, it's not worth the risk, especially usually most of what I see to plunder is just coins and supplies.
Maybe I'm missing something, I see stuff about people discussing techniques for plundering and others worried about it so much they won't play. Is there something more to plundering?