• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder progress

DeletedUser

People! Enough already noone gives a rats behind about how great u think u are and what a master plunderer u may be. I think there are more pertinent topics this space can be used for
Is that noone as in Peter Noone of Herman's Hermits? There's a kind of hush all over the world tonight, as we wait for your reply. If you see Mrs. Brown, tell her she has a lovely daughter. Oh, and watch out, this door swings both ways. ;)

DeletedUser34893

Seems the plunder part of the game is a frequent form of complaints and proposals to change the system. I am sure there are many others like me who are satisfied with the current system. Please post your progress and reasoning for why and what you plunder. If you don't plunder please don't add to the thread. There are many other threads started that you can add your complaints and criticism to.
I'll make it easy for you. I have this habit of actually reading up on the topic before adding any thoughts, advice or concerns.

DeletedUser26965

To the whiner, you know, you can have fun too, it's not against the rules.

PLUNDER PUNK THWARTED! MUHAHAHAAHAHAAAAA!

Plunder Punk 130/94 vs Hero Defender 30/107
plunder progress thwated.PNG

Algona

People! Enough already noone gives a rats behind about how great u think u are and what a master plunderer u may be. I think there are more pertinent topics this space can be used for

Its not a plunder thread. Its being posted in the Forge Hall. Not a separate area. U want to brag about ur stupid exploits go to the game room or create another main topic. Namely Clown College.

Besides the Forge Hall was started for a community discussion of the game. This is not a discussion merely a thread for braggarts!

Do it I am sure u will be the only one posting or listening

JennyButler's quote in my sig.

You should camp in ME and put up lots of Hatters and open franchises.

DeletedUser29295

There is a player in my hood, and we are going back and forth in the PME Tower (we are both PE). I have been able to tax him, and he has not taxed me yet. This is as close to beating him as I have gotten on D.

Screenshot (587)_LI.jpg

DeletedUser29295

Other then my main, I only attack my hood when a quest requires it. But when I do, I tax the player. Looks like I struck a nerve when I beat this poor guy and took his Alabaster (from my EMA diamond city account):

Screenshot (591)_LI.jpg

I figured I would get my second response in one screen shot to make what looks like will be an interesting conversation easier to follow.

DeletedUser31453

Other then my main, I only attack my hood when a quest requires it. But when I do, I tax the player. Looks like I struck a nerve when I beat this poor guy and took his Alabaster (from my EMA diamond city account):

View attachment 10094

I figured I would get my second response in one screen shot to make what looks like will be an interesting conversation easier to follow.
Cum sucking moron? Really?

View attachment 10094

Alkay, I am so jealous! You get way more love notes than I do. And yours are so colorful!

DeletedUser32973

Where are you guys getting these crazy messages from. I plunder a decent amount because of daily quests and having 9 worlds, and I rarely see anything. Do you only get these messages in later ages, or are you guys purposefully antagonizing players after they send their first annoyed message? I occasionally get a message from someone that's annoyed, but nothing on this level.

Or is it a result of repeat plundering weeks on end? I'm too lazy to do that XD.

DeletedUser29295

Where are you guys getting these crazy messages from. I plunder a decent amount because of daily quests and having 9 worlds, and I rarely see anything. Do you only get these messages in later ages, or are you guys purposefully antagonizing players after they send their first annoyed message? I occasionally get a message from someone that's annoyed, but nothing on this level.

Or is it a result of repeat plundering weeks on end? I'm too lazy to do that XD.

I am in EMA on this one: first time since I started that city. My main gets them on a semi-regular basis, and that one is PE. Maybe it is just the US server?

DeletedUser31882

I think there is a strong correlation to the amount of plunders dished out to the amount of cry mail received. It's also very easy to take an already offended person and have them spew even more vitriol. As Graviton points out, things can escalate quickly. A plunderer could ignore or walk around the offended player's eggshells, but the former doesn't create more 'funny' value and the later usually takes more effort. Speaking of which... I've had this conversation sitting around for awhile and this seems like a good time to post it and deconstruct my points.

A usual start is what I call 'crymail lite'.
So it begins.png
They are mad, I could easily antagonize. In fact, my "?" was meant to be a light antagonism. I knew perfectly well why they were upset, because the only thing I regularly do in FoE that is upsetting is Plunder.

I explain myself. How boring. Part of the reason why I didn't bother to screencap and deliver this to the thread.
Okay.png
Their response is what I consider the ethical base of all players who get upset at plunderers. The expectation that aiding or 'not pillaging me' is an equivalent benefit to plundering. I have no idea on the trade question and offer part. I ignored them until...

I set sail on the USS Plundaaar.
Kiddie glvoes come off.png
Points to those who get my reference.

I could of antagonized them further, but this week I was friends with Jack and Jack usually has a multiplier effect on my empathy and generosity stats.
Suddenly a Conversation occurs.png
They appear to want to learn more. Another of my weaknesses.

Yes, I do screed in FoE proper. Rarely. In fact, this may be the only time I have thus far? *shrugs*
Exposition Man strikes again!.png
Blah blah blah ~snip~

Jack = Whiskey. Drink responsibly!
And that, as they say, is that.png
For the record, I did not put any extra effort into plundering them 'less' to merit their last message. My guess is the admission of a tinge of regret led them to believe I was more lenient. In reality, I was just a lazy plunderer.

So, there you have it. Hopefully that illustrates why it is easier to antagonize for fun than walk someone through nuances of the unfairness of life... in a video game.

@alkayman so far "gooby faced" is my favored least favorite. Out of all the vulgarities they are slinging... gooby faced? Sure, I guess it works with geriatric, but it seems like a step down from monkey-faced moron from earlier.

DeletedUser26965

I think there is a strong correlation to the amount of plunders dished out to the amount of cry mail received.
Great post but I need to see more "U R elephant dung" type posts lol, I don't think that one will ever leave me:D

btw, why do you silly plunderers hit my blacksmiths on my WW cities? Do you think that it hurts my DC efforts or something? If that's the case it would be a rare thing to happen to hit is when a task comes up for it and even still it would only be a 4h or 8h task for the blacksmith to be collected, oddness to me.