• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

"Sniping" GB's, No, It's Not Bad

DeletedUser29563

Mr Longshanks & Sloppyjoeslayer.....in the truest sense, both of you are right. The conflict here is that you're views of this topic exist on different planes.
Sloppyjoeslayer is on the practical..tactical...physical proof and logic end of the spectrum. His logic can be proven and measured. Practical and scientific. In a phrase "just the facts". His view will be correct...because it cannot be reduced or disproven.

One the other end of the spectrum is Mr. Longshanks. His view is also correct. But from a moral standpoint. Moral volume cannot be physically measured or proven. It cannot be validated by fact...or tactical presentation. It exists only in our own humanity. Its an immeasurable entity..such as love and faith. The truth is guys..the world is comprised of the things at which are on sjs end of the spectrum. But what makes it good..are the imeasurables in our hearts and minds. The things on Mr Longshanks end.
I myself would never "snipe a guilmate". But that doesn't make sense to sjs because he's attempting to physically "measure"my logic.
This argument cannot be successfully or definitively settled. Because instead of comparing apples to oranges. Its more like comparing apples to swiss army knives. Its not two different points of view..its two views coming from different points.
I value the opinions/input of BOTH of you. But this battle can't be won...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29563

I apologize for the typos...its 5am and I just got off duty. Should have proofread before posting.

DeletedUser13838

1. You donate 100 fps to a guidie's GB to lock 1st. The highest a guildie has on the GB is 20. Do you consider that sniping your guildmate?
2. You donate 100 fps to a guidie's GB to lock 1st. The highest a guildie has on the GB is 90. Do you consider that sniping your guildmate?

Do your answers change if you agreed to a 100 fp swap with the GB owner (or managed to get the 100 in via swap threads)?

Volodya

'sniping is someone coming in after you've put a lot of FPs on a GB and "sniping" the spot from you with a big donation.'
Since when is putting any size donation FIRST entitle you to the first spot. Unless you have the entire amount, whoever donates THE MOST gets the spot.

No I don't approve of you getting first place because you posted a large amount before anyone else did. Fairness is as long as the GB hasn't ben leveled if you want to dump 100 and someone else has dumped 50, they get second.

No one should complain about the scenario you describe, 100 compared to 50. It's rather different though if you take a position from a fellow guildy by placing 101 when they've placed 100.

DeletedUser29563

You know, after you post something you can still go back and edit the typos. I've done it a few times when I've noticed a misspelled word, or when I've changed a word as I wrote that then makes the grammar of a sentence wrong.
Done...thank you brother...

DeletedUser29563

Oh..and on another note..pertaining to the sniping debate. I received a message from a player a couple days ago. Asking how many fp I have in inventory. The player stated he\she was looking for a sniping partner to team up with.

DeletedUser26965

Mr Longshanks & Sloppyjoeslayer.....in the truest sense, both of you are right. The conflict here is that you're views of this topic exist on different planes.
Sloppyjoeslayer is on the practical..tactical...physical proof and logic end of the spectrum. His logic can be proven and measured. Practical and scientific. In a phrase "just the facts". His view will be correct...because it cannot be reduced or disproven.

One the other end of the spectrum is Mr. Longshanks. His view is also correct. But from a moral standpoint. Moral volume cannot be physically measured or proven. It cannot be validated by fact...or tactical presentation. It exists only in our own humanity. Its an immeasurable entity..such as love and faith. The truth is guys..the world is comprised of the things at which are on sjs end of the spectrum. But what makes it good..are the imeasurables in our hearts and minds. The things on Mr Longshanks end.
I myself would never "snipe a guilmate". But that doesn't make sense to sjs because he's attempting to physically "measure"my logic.
This argument cannot be successfully or definitively settled. Because instead of comparing apples to oranges. Its more like comparing apples to swiss army knives. Its not two different points of view..its two views coming from different points.
I value the opinions/input of BOTH of you. But this battle can't be won...
I appreciate your input but I believe it actually has been settled. Stephen Longshanks uses the ethics of subjectivism as does everyone else posting on here who agrees that's commented including your description of it. Since we know this to be the case then we can say that "sniping" is "wrong" only to those who believe it to be.

DeletedUser27184

I found that the FP swap threads within the guild to be a very powerful tool to advance the city. Our guild have 5 public swap threads and multiple private FP swaps. All are heavily used by the guild members.
I found out that the the fights over the FP usages can be quite fierce, sniping is used rather frequently between guild members. This is part of the strategy you use when you join the public swaps thread.
And all that just enhance the swaps, which are very popular in the guild. And it add the "fighting" side into a place that could be quite boring.
So yes, I think that if the whole guild is up to it, sniping is more then fine, it makes things much more competitive and interesting. As befit a war game :)

DeletedUser

I appreciate your input but I believe it actually has been settled. Stephen Longshanks uses the ethics of subjectivism as does everyone else posting on here who agrees that's commented including your description of it. Since we know this to be the case then we can say that "sniping" is "wrong" only to those who believe it to be.
And I only believe it to be wrong when it's one guildmate sniping another. Otherwise, it's right as rain.

Algona

You guys still arguing about the dfginition of sniping? I thought I threw out a definition of sniping I can live with. Where was it? Ah. I didn't generalize it. Sorry. First draft at a general definition:

Sniping: When a player overbids an existing mistake in bidding that can be resolved by either underbidding or overbidding such that both players still maintain the two Reward positions except for their individual places.

Hmmm. Kinda shoddy, needs polishing, but I like the gist of it. Gives the latitude to either cut the schmuck a break or cut his heart out and eat it.

Some industrious soul could prolly even write an equation, looks susceptible to mathematic definition. Me? No, I don't have an unopened quart of Scotch handy.

Last edited:

Freshmeboy

No Scotch or equation needed Algona...sniping is simply finding the best mathematical window to insert free fps into any players GB for mutual gain...

DeletedUser26154

Single Malt all the way please.

I'm not a big Scotch drinker.
But I know enough to know two things.
1. Single-malts are much better.
2. Expect a lot of dirty looks from fellow Scotch drinkers when you ask for ice in your glass.

D7dohYl4.png

Anyway, back on topic.
It all comes down to "Who's Great Building is it"?
And how do they run it?
I run my Great Buildings as Open Buffets.

I don't do FP swaps.
An Arc would be useless to me.
I've had five World Boss Players on Rugnir ask me to install one in my City.
Just in the last week.

The neighborhood I'm in, is almost a who's-who of top players on Rugnir.
They all have Arcs.
They all swap Forge Points with each other.
That's why there is little or no inter-neighbor fighting here.

I encourage the So-Called Sniping on my G.B.s.
I don't do Forge Point swaps.

The Arc Shines Bright, and stands Tall and Proud, even when I don't own one.

0272d8cb7fc9a7a3fcab8df5013276c3.png

My Neighbors, Guildies and Friends help me a lot.

DeletedUser29390

I have to return always to this thought, .....there is no one way to play this game........
The issue of in-guild sniping, whatever the guild rule is on the matter is all in-guild. Personally I'm in a guild with no rules. Sniping allowed, plundering even, no rules.
In tha hood and among friends anything goes as long as you accept that whatever side of the issue you are on, you will be disagreed with, and possibly anger those you affect by your actions.
:D