• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Spring Event 2018 Feedback

DeletedUser34824

I have played this game for over three years. The success probability of winning an event building or a level two upgrade in the current Spring Event is way too low. If a player completes 30 quests and has only boost crates and a few extra forge points to show for it, you undermine that player's enthusiasm for the game and thereby jeopardize the lifespan of the game. FoE will not last forever, and no matter what anyone says, bad events are not good for anybody, and they are certainly not healthy for the game. My entire guild has noticed this and this is the first time people have agreed that an event is completely useless. If I were a developer, I would listen to this sentiment carefully.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peaky-Blinder

Hi all, looks like I have had a very different experience in this event than most. Although, I had the advantage of getting 3 of the 5 pieces of the Cherry Blossom set from daily quests over the past 3 weeks or so. I saw the value of them right away and started going for it. Right now, I have all 5 pieces, and have upgraded 2 of them, and I am on quest #27 in the quest-line of #62 quests. I think they area awesome, and better than anything else I have right now. Really hoping I can get all 5 pieces upgraded to Level 2.

One question I do have that doesn't make sense to me here... The Gong of Wisdom bonus for having all 4 pieces around it is 2 FPs... But if you have the gong upgraded to Level2 (with all 4 pieces around it), then the bonus is the same... 2 FPs. Upgrading the Gong from level 1 to 2 increases the bonus per each extra piece you have around it, except for having 4 pieces around it. This bonus seems short-changed to me, it would make more sense to have smaller bonus earlier on (when you have 1 or 2 pieces next to the gong), and then gradually increase the bonus as you add more piece.

Peaky-Blinder

Hi all, looks like I have had a very different experience in this event than most. Although, I had the advantage of getting 3 of the 5 pieces of the Cherry Blossom set from daily quests over the past 3 weeks or so. I saw the value of them right away and started going for it. Right now, I have all 5 pieces, and have upgraded 2 of them, and I am on quest #27 in the quest-line of #62 quests. I think they area awesome, and better than anything else I have right now. Really hoping I can get all 5 pieces upgraded to Level 2.

One question I do have that doesn't make sense to me here... The Gong of Wisdom bonus for having all 4 pieces around it is 2 FPs... But if you have the gong upgraded to Level2 (with all 4 pieces around it), then the bonus is the same... 2 FPs. Upgrading the Gong from level 1 to 2 increases the bonus per each extra piece you have around it, except for having 4 pieces around it. This bonus seems short-changed to me, it would make more sense to have smaller bonus earlier on (when you have 1 or 2 pieces next to the gong), and then gradually increase the bonus as you add more piece.

Nevermind, a guild friend advised me that all those are additional... that correct? So it would be the original 2 FP, and then an upgraded gong would give you another 2 FP (for the 4th piece adjacent, I mean).

Algona

Nevermind, a guild friend advised me that all those are additional... that correct? So it would be the original 2 FP, and then an upgraded gong would give you another 2 FP (for the 4th piece adjacent, I mean).

Your Guildie is correct' the rewards are cumulative. The Gong will award you 4 FP.

Unless I get there first.

DeletedUser34800

Can't plunder the gong though. At least, from what I've heard. Just like the Winter set Straw Star tent and Madam's tent, wishing Wells, victory towers. Stuff that ages up with you can't be plundered.

Algona

Can't plunder the gong though. At least, from what I've heard. Just like the Winter set Straw Star tent and Madam's tent, wishing Wells, victory towers. Stuff that ages up with you can't be plundered.

Well, darn. But it sounded good... Thanks for pointing it out.

DeletedUser34800

Right? 4 FPs....can't be motivated....sounds great. But Inno said no hahahaha

DeletedUser30312

Well, the first milestone prize was the Emperor's Entrance which I missed last year, but now the base set is complete. I've been lucky enough to pull upgrades for the Pond, Rock, and Zen Zone. So if I get the Entrance and Gong, I'll be set. I'm not really interested in planting multiple sets in my city like some of the whales are doing.

It is slightly annoying that some of the highest price chests have things like Motivation Kits in them. I've said it before, but the kits are such a letdown for those of us who aim for a 24 hour cycle on our cities, because the stuff usually gets motivated anyway. And I get a lot of them already from both the GE and Incidents.

Yup. First try. On the 50 Lantern 14% Chest. I figured I'd shoot for the Foeberge for fun. Due to cracking some saucy trees, I'm not at 745 Lanterns with a complete Set. Time to work on upgrades?

Are there any other Daily Prizes aside from kits?

They're dropping Foeberges here? Interesting. I have a liking for the special supply buildings from events, while they're no good for doing RQs, they're a very good option for DCs, especially in later ages where say you've got 3x2 Cider Mills vs. the big production buildings that take up a lot of space. At least they're better than people planting several dozen Blacksmiths in their FE+ cities and messing up my Dynamic Tower uses.

Zatrikon

I have opened 24 chests so far in my two worlds. All with 16% chance or higher of getting a Cherry Garden kit. Guess how many Cherry Garden kits I've gotten?

One.

That's not 16% or higher. That's 4%.

DeletedUser29623

This is the first event I’m leaving uncompleted in one of my cities due to the sector quests—it would cost me my second recurring quest slot. It’s a shame because I really like the pieces themselves aesthetically and hope I can win the remaining pieces in DCs. I’m also just not going to spend a single diamond because I’ve gotta buy a bp for a Dynamic Tower. So far I’ve got 3 pieces in the city where I plan to finish the questline. So we shall see

DeletedUser33297

I have opened 24 chests so far in my two worlds. All with 16% chance or higher of getting a Cherry Garden kit. Guess how many Cherry Garden kits I've gotten?

One.

That's not 16% or higher. That's 4%.

I think you and a few other people are missing the point of percentages entirely. They are not cumulative, they don't add up.
Think of a coin toss, where the odds are 50/50. If your thinking was correct, every time you flipped a coin and got heads, you would be guaranteed that the next flip was tails. It just doesn't work like that.
A prize that has a 16% chance of being won, has that same 16% chance every time you try and win it.

DeletedUser31498

I loved how INNO would show you what pieces you owned and in what quantities, when you click on the piece. Has anyone else noticed that now that we have "kits" instead of pieces they don't show us as owning one? I tried to buy a set earlier since it looked like I didn't own one (which I guess technically I don't), but the info should really include kits imo.

DeletedUser34800

That's not a big deal. Just look in your inventory instead. Shows how many kits you own.

DeletedUser31498

Right, but the whole point was they displayed this info very well, and for a reason, and now that info is misleading/incomplete. But thanks, I know I can look in my inventory, by closing the event window, and clicking, scrolling, then going back.

DeletedUser33297

Right, but the whole point was they displayed this info very well, and for a reason, and now that info is misleading/incomplete. But thanks, I know I can look in my inventory, by closing the event window, and clicking, scrolling, then going back.

It's can still be seen...Just click the question mark on the piece, not the upgrade, in the upper right hand corner. It opens a window that shows all the pieces and the total.

DoqpMXD.png

dvEmuEr.png

DeletedUser31592

I made a chart to keep track in each world. I already had multiple pieces in each world due to the DC.

DeletedUser27046

Am thinking the lag thing may have been mostly corrected, except of course the one where you only get one quest per day, the coyote hit's another wall. Well, at least I can get the grass and weeds mowed now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,maybe.