• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

St. Patrick's Event 2021 questions and non feedback comments

Nice2HaveU

5 upgrades only in hand. Able to collect 2750 pot of golds from remaining event quest (45th quest got completed). New town just started 0/25 tasks pointing to upgrade kit as grand prize. Feeling in a situation to miss two upgrades kits. Is there any possibility to gain 3 more upgrades from mini game.

Lord Pest

I'm only on my 4th town tbh. But my temple is lv 8 rn. I think I can max it out

We are at the same spot... 4th town, 8 upgrades in inventory. The last quest gives us 9 and I only need to do another 29 tasks. I have 10 days to finish town #4 and do 26 tasks in town #5 to get that 10th upgrade and complete the Druid temple. I’ll try and complete town 5 and see if I have 1900 gold to open the chests and get an extra upgrade. I’m skipping opening the chests for town #4 because I don’t have enough gold to do so. Haven’t done the math to see if I’d have enough gold to open the chests for town. #5. That mystery box with the Druid temple selection kit sure made this event easy to do without using diamonds. its nice to have an event where planing and not luck is what you need to be successful in it.

P C C

We are at the same spot... 4th town, 8 upgrades in inventory. The last quest gives us 9 and I only need to do another 29 tasks. I have 10 days to finish town #4 and do 26 tasks in town #5 to get that 10th upgrade and complete the Druid temple. I’ll try and complete town 5 and see if I have 1900 gold to open the chests and get an extra upgrade. I’m skipping opening the chests for town #4 because I don’t have enough gold to do so. Haven’t done the math to see if I’d have enough gold to open the chests for town. #5. That mystery box with the Druid temple selection kit sure made this event easy to do without using diamonds. its nice to have an event where planing and not luck is what you need to be successful in it.
I'm at that point now, 4th city and either 29 tasks or a set of 6 chests for my last needed kit. But I'm taking the waiting approach, wait 8 days to get enough pots from the daily and quest line for 6 chests (or sooner if I'm luckier with incidents than I have been so far), and see if I can do about 25 tasks on the 5th city for a spare kit.

RazorbackPirate

I'm at that point now, 4th city and either 29 tasks or a set of 6 chests for my last needed kit. But I'm taking the waiting approach, wait 8 days to get enough pots from the daily and quest line for 6 chests (or sooner if I'm luckier with incidents than I have been so far), and see if I can do about 25 tasks on the 5th city for a spare kit.
I'm playing the event without accounting for the freebie from the Surprise Chest.

I'll stay in town #4 until I collect enough gold pots to move on, which means I'll likely finish all the quests while waiting, buy the 6 chests on the way to town #5, gaining the last upgrade in the 5th town.

At the end of the event, the point I will take into account the free upgrade, I should have an extra upgrade as a down payment for a second Temple next year, or to sell to the AD at some point in the future.

So it looks like this event works only if you have gone through videos and stuff from beta and play perfectly. No chance of learning from first couple of cities and strategizing from there. Did they really have to make it so difficult to get the 10 levels that can be got only with perfect play with advanced knowledge? What would have happened if there was enough gold for 12/13 levels?

Those who want to use diamonds I am assuming would fall into one of the 2 categories
1. Want multiple druids
2. Dont know how to play at all/no patience

Why make it so tough for the rest for 1 full druid even with decent play?What is the gain for inno? Just forcing some to buy? It looks like Inno will have a lot more to lose by making it hopeless for the majority. Inno gains too by non diamond players by having a large playing base. Will this game be interesting for diamond buyers to play without the non diamond players? From the guild chats it sounds like most will not make it to number 10.

RazorbackPirate

So it looks like this event works only if you have gone through videos and stuff from beta and play perfectly. No chance of learning from first couple of cities and strategizing from there. Did they really have to make it so difficult to get the 10 levels that can be got only with perfect play with advanced knowledge? What would have happened if there was enough gold for 12/13 levels?

Those who want to use diamonds I am assuming would fall into one of the 2 categories
1. Want multiple druids

Why make it so tough for the rest for 1 full druid even with decent play? What is the gain for inno? Just forcing some to buy? It looks like Inno will have a lot more to lose by making it hopeless for the majority. Inno gains too by non diamond players by having a large playing base. Will this game be interesting for diamond buyers to play without the non diamond players? From the guild chats it sounds like most will not make it to number 10.
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Having been around since 2015, you know how events work by now. You have a limited amount of event currency that have to be used to reach the required number of milestones to earn the full reward.

The recent Forge Bowl and upcoming Spring Events are prime examples. No matter which event this mechanism is used, people come here to complain they missed out on the last upgrade having spent too much currency going for players with premium prizes or the highest DS %.

Every event is balanced closely leaving little wiggle room to wing it for a bit then recover after messing it up. 2015. You know how this works. If the information needed to succeed were hard to come by you might have something, but it's not. You even mention the resources you had available, but failed to utilize. You simply didn't bother. That's on you.

You also mention in guild chat that most won't make it to level 10. Where was your Guild Leadership on that? They provided no tips to the guild about how to succeed in this event prior to the event starting? Not that it takes away individual responsibility, but that seems lacking as well.

Regardless, this isn't your first event, nor is it your first Paddy's Day event. Looks like we now have a 3rd category of diamond spenders,

3. Didn't plan and didn't know how to play at all/thought they could wing it.

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Having been around since 2015, you know how events work by now. You have a limited amount of event currency that have to be used to reach the required number of milestones to earn the full reward.

The recent Forge Bowl and upcoming Spring Events are prime examples. No matter which event this mechanism is used, people come here to complain they missed out on the last upgrade having spent too much currency going for players with premium prizes or the highest DS %.

Every event is balanced closely leaving little wiggle room to wing it for a bit then recover after messing it up. 2015. You know how this works. If the information needed to succeed were hard to come by you might have something, but it's not. You even mention the resources you had available, but failed to utilize. You simply didn't bother. That's on you.

You also mention in guild chat that most won't make it to level 10. Where was your Guild Leadership on that? They provided no tips to the guild about how to succeed in this event prior to the event starting? Not that it takes away individual responsibility, but that seems lacking as well.

Regardless, this isn't your first event, nor is it your first Paddy's Day event. Looks like we now have a 3rd category of diamond spenders,

3. Didn't plan and didn't know how to play at all/thought they could wing it.
I dont plan to pay at all so dont fall into the 3rd. Why would I support such gameplay from Inno and encourage this path they have chosen? Also while I joined in 2015, I left for a while and recently came back so this is my first St Patrick.

You havent addressed the point that it is impossible to learn from the event and adjust strategy. In fact you actually support my point that unless you copy like a monkey what somebody else has done in Beta it is extremenly difficult to get level 10. You have done this and use the term'planning'. Good for you, Not interesting for me or a way for a large group of players. Doesnt mean they are lazy or didnt search out for info. What is the fun in just copying? In fact I did look at the videos a couple of days after the event started but by then it was too late. The videos from those who played in Beta also confirm that it needs perfect copying and even they barely got 10 levels. How did those few video makers learn that in Beta?

What percentage of your guild who dont use diamonds or last event box looks like they will get level 10? Why would I expect my guild leadership to play Beta / be nerdy like you?

RazorbackPirate

I dont plan to pay at all so dont fall into the 3rd. Why would I support such gameplay from Inno and encourage this path they have chosen? Also while I joined in 2015, I left for a while and recently came back so this is my first St Patrick.

You haven't addressed the point that it is impossible to learn from the event and adjust strategy. In fact you actually support my point that unless you copy like a monkey what somebody else has done in Beta it is extremenly difficult to get level 10. You have done this and use the term'planning'. Good for you, Not interesting for me or a way for a large group of players. Doesnt mean they are lazy or didnt search out for info. What is the fun in just copying? In fact I did look at the videos a couple of days after the event started but by then it was too late. The videos from those who played in Beta also confirm that it needs perfect copying and even they barely got 10 levels. How did those few video makers learn that in Beta?

What percentage of your guild who dont use diamonds or last event box looks like they will get level 10? Why would I expect my guild leadership to play Beta / be nerdy like you?
I have addressed that fact. I've addressed it as being standard in every event. One, maybe two clear paths to success, all others leading to failure and/or diamond expenditures to recover. This event is no different. Why should it be?

What fun is it just copying? Depends on what your goal is, I guess. My goal was a level 10 temple in two cities. And like any other goal in life, I'm willing to learn from those who've gone before me. Not to do so is on you. Not Inno.

Once looking at the videos and having come here to state you missed buying the first set of chests, there was still a clear path that remained. Complete 13.57 cities averaging 35 tasks completed in each city. Many are on track to get their level 10 using this method. What happened to you? Didn't want to copy again? Is that Inno's fault too?

I don't care about how many of my guild mates get a level 10 temple. I care about if I do. Had anyone bothered to ask, I would have been happy to share, but no one did. I figure they've got it covered to the level of their caring and will reap the results of their choices. Like you, right now.

1. Want multiple druids

Why make it so tough for the rest for 1 full druid even with decent play?What is the gain for inno? Just forcing some to buy? It looks like Inno will have a lot more to lose by making it hopeless for the majority. Inno gains too by non diamond players by having a large playing base. Will this game be interesting for diamond buyers to play without the non diamond players? From the guild chats it sounds like most will not make it to number 10.
I think the difficulty turns on whether you had the surprise box from the last event. If so, it seems there’s a big margin for error to mess up and still get a level 10 temple. I didn’t really get the event at first and accidentally bought 5/6 chests on a second round of chests because I didn’t know how to skip. I wasted like 1900 gold doing that. Even with that, I’m going to have the level 10 temple easily. I’m fine making it tough, but doable for people without the surprise box and easy for people that got it.

Algona

t is impossible to learn from the event and adjust strategy.

With the caveat that it's not impossible to learn and adjust on the fly in this Event, just difficult.

Last year a lot of folk complained about this Event being difficult to master on the fly without help or reading spoilers.

INNO chose to make no changes in that respect.

You might want to voice your complaint in the official Feedback thread, no one from INNO will read your complaint here.

Vger

Last year a lot of folk complained about this Event being difficult to master on the fly without help or reading spoilers.

Well, they did add the surprise box, that does widen the margin of error.

I also think Inno recognized (last year and this year) that a larger percentage of players would "fail" to finish this one.
The Druid Temple is not that horrible of a building if you only get it to level 9 instead of 10. (At least in newish cities).
The Celtic Forest set wasn't horrible if you failed to upgrade every piece of it to level 2.

In other events, not getting all the upgrades can be a big deal. Crows nest and diamonds come to mind. Or statues of Bronze Boots that just scream failure.
The rewards for this event are more linear. Do more, get more, but not you must finish it to get anything worth keeping.

I think the difficulty turns on whether you had the surprise box from the last event. If so, it seems there’s a big margin for error to mess up and still get a level 10 temple. I didn’t really get the event at first and accidentally bought 5/6 chests on a second round of chests because I didn’t know how to skip.
Interesting, So you didn't go through the 6th chest thus wasting all those coins but feel that there is still enough chance to complete the quest? I am fine too to make it tough but expecting perfect play from day 1 based on beta feedback is kind of going against the spirit of a free game.

With the caveat that it's not impossible to learn and adjust on the fly in this Event, just difficult.

You might want to voice your complaint in the official Feedback thread, no one from INNO will read your complaint here.
Yes I should have said difficult. I am not complaining just trying to shine light on the gimmick that inno is doing. I dont expect them to make a change. They know what they are doing. It may hurt them though than help them. Time will tell.

Johnny B. Goode

You havent addressed the point that it is impossible to learn from the event and adjust strategy.
Let me address this point. It's nonsense. It is patently not impossible to learn from the event, you even said so yourself:
somebody else has done in Beta
Unless your logic is that somehow you CAN learn in Beta but not on the live servers. Which is just more nonsense. If it was impossible to learn from the event, then there would be no one to copy from, now would there? Clearly there will be people who get the fully upgraded building. Some will spend Diamonds, others won't. And then there will be people who don't get the fully upgraded building...and some of them will try to put the blame on Inno. Which is just more nonsense.
I am not complaining just trying to shine light on the gimmick that inno is doing.
What gimmick? It's just a different mini-game from what they have in other events. That's not a gimmick. In fact, it's pretty smart of them. Some people don't like the mindless mini-games they have in most events and like that there is at least one mini-game where you have to think a little. If you don't like this mini-game, just skip the event. It won't be the end of the world. I find myself skipping most events anymore, but this one I try to play in all my cities because the mini-game is so enjoyable. I don't even care if I get the building, I'll just sell it to the AD anyway.

DeletedUser

Why are people bashing the St Patrick's day event ? It has a one year history now and a bunch of resources to learn about it. The event box from last event made it even easier for those that have it and the methodology is really straightforward.

Triopoly Champion

I've on my 8th St. Patrick town and the event is only a bit passing the half time. I'll very likely end up with a level 10 Druid Temple and an extra upgrade kit.

When the ideal player opens the correct treasure box, it's priceless -
Forge of Empires - Perfect St Patrick Reward.jpg

Lj5095

I was only able to find a list of tasks for 3 cities. I just started my 4th. Does anyone know if it repeats starting with the list from the first city tasks or is there another list that I can’t find? I like to go ahead and set up managers ahead of time based on the list so that I can maximize shamrocks and the task will auto complete when i get that task. Thanks!

CaptainKirk1234

I was only able to find a list of tasks for 3 cities. I just started my 4th. Does anyone know if it repeats starting with the list from the first city tasks or is there another list that I can’t find? I like to go ahead and set up managers ahead of time based on the list so that I can maximize shamrocks and the task will auto complete when i get that task. Thanks!
It starts over after 3 "towns."