1. Changelog 1.161

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.161 will take place on Wed, Sept 18, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GvG Improvements Update

Hello Queens and Kings,
    First up, we wanted to thank you once again for taking the time to continue to contribute your feedback on the upcoming changes to Forge of Empires, especially in relation to Guild Battlegrounds.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Summer Event 2019 feedback

Discussion in 'Announcement Feedback' started by Menace, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Volodya

Volodya Well-Known Member

I think 2% attack in a 2x1 space is pretty valuable.

2. 22prentwil

22prentwil Active Member

Yes it isn’t worthless, actually pretty good. But it’s a grand prize. How many of them would you have to win to make a serious difference? To equal what buildings like the Pirate Ship give? How many doubloons will that cost?

More than what a small bit of attack bonus is worth in my opinion.

3. Agent327

Agent327 Well-Known Member

It all depends on your situation. If you already have a 500% ataack bonus those 2% will not make any difference. Not even if you place 10.

4. Graviton

Graviton Well-Known Member

Here's my Summer Event feedback for today:

Level 5 Crow's Nest: 4 FPs daily production
    + 6 FPs random production
    + Blue Galaxy 2x bonus
    ----------------------------------
    20 FPs.

:D

EDIT: I didn't actually pay attention to what the total was...would the BG double only the base 4 FPs or does it include the random production as well? Whatever, 14 or 20, either is pretty good, and the building is only at level 5.

Stephen Longshanks likes this.
  5. WiseNoblekhan

WiseNoblekhan Member

Run a sweep with a large production or some other large building in building mode across your city. This will pick up all hidden incidents.

Clara Osgood likes this.
  6. WiseNoblekhan

WiseNoblekhan Member

Looks likely I will get all level 8 crow’s nest in all of my seven cities without spending any diamonds. I swept my cities daily for the extra doubloons. The Blue Galaxy will help with the double collection in 4 of my cities. I think the Crow’s Nest is one of the best buildings so far even with the 5 x 5 footprint.

Rich The Boldest likes this.
  7. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

Or go into reconstruction mode and use the button to put all your buildings into storage. The incidents will still be there.

anyempire, Crollito and bridgetmcb like this.
  8. B1ackWo1f

B1ackWo1f Active Member

Well, 6 quests to go and if I manage a level 8 CN it will be by the skin of my teeth and only because I managed to find 3 doubloon incidents in my city, otherwise I wouldn't be getting it. I really hope the compass doesn't screw me and give me all 1's.
    Again, I'm going to say up the chance of finding a doubloon incident a little.

9. Orius Maximus

Orius Maximus Well-Known Member

Not just that, but it's a deco, so it's going to suck up aid.

Clara Osgood and 22prentwil like this.
  10. Mustapha00

Mustapha00 Well-Known Member

My only real complaint is that, once again, the grand reward from the Event is a building that adds a very large number (at later Ages of course) of population, which often is about the last thing you need at later Ages.

If I swap out a Terrace Farm for a fully upgraded Crow's Nest in Arctic Future, I'm adding right around 6500 to my population (4880 from the CN plus the 1600 from storing the TF). I don't need the extra population, and I really have better uses for my limited space than to place more +Happiness buildings and better use for my limited FP production than to level my +Happiness GBs.

Could we PLEASE get reward buildings that don;t add population (or, if they do, add Happiness equal to the population boost)?

11. Crollito

Crollito Well-Known Member

Worlds:
    Qunrir
    I'm mildly confused by this. My city has in excess 70k happiness and 30k population (Oceanic). It's mostly composed of event buildings. Neither of my happiness GBs are stratosphered. There might be some underlying problem that you need to fix? Or is this a common problem and am I an outlier?

12. Lauramiller

Lauramiller Well-Known Member

I have 24K+ surplus pop in my city and have not had to worry about happiness. It’s all event buildings and GBs and the only happiness GB is a low-level FoD, so I’m pretty sure it tends to even out

Clara Osgood likes this.
  13. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

Actually you're only adding 3280. You're adding 4880 for the CN, but you're subtracting the 1600 from the TF that you are removing.
    I would think it's an underlying problem. My OF city has 22k+ excess Happiness with no cultural buildings or decorations, and my Happiness GBs are nowhere near hyper leveled.

14. Algona

Algona Well-Known Member

Err, maybe it's a lack of sleep, but...

Before I build TF I have 36,423 pop. After I build TF I still have 36,423 pop. If I Store / delete the TF, I still have 36,423 pop.

All adding or removing TF does is change the available pop. Or is that sleep deprivation speaking?

Anyway, pretty sure that adding or removing TFs has no effect on Happiness since it has no effect on the total pop.

15. Agent327

Must be sleep deprivation

https://forgeofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Terrace_Farm

It's one of the big reasons players are against down kits.

16. dontwannaname

dontwannaname Well-Known Member

Nice one Agent. So the Terrace Farm uses population. It doesn't affect Total population, just Available Population. And Happiness is only affected by Total Population, not Available Population.

Algona likes this.
  17. Algona

Algona Well-Known Member

I spent a minute trying to understand your post, you seem to be telling me I'm wrong, but the link supports my point. Another one of your wild goose chases or did you miss the point?

What he says:

18. Agent327

Must be sleep deprevation.

19. Algona

Algona Well-Known Member

Maybe you should get some sleep too then?

That's OK, you're in good company, SL and Mustapha are two other smart posters who made the same mistake. Although you perpetuated the mistake after it was pointed out.

Try not to do that, OK? We get enough of that from not so smart posters.

----------

Meanwhile back on topic,

I don;t have a major problem with the pop thing on SBs, it's a boon to pre pop GB cities.

They (we) get to eliminate mundane Housing and get the huge benefit of sweet powerful SBs.

In my IA city I was able to dump 5 Cottages when I placed the CN, in essence getting the space for the CN for almostnothing. 8 FP costing me 5 tiles? I'm so in to that...

20. Balogna Pony

Balogna Pony New Member

WELL, HERE WE ARE AGAIN AGAIN WITHOUT ELEPHANT FOUNTAIN AND PALACE UPGRADES FROM 2017

BUT, ARE WE GOING TO SEE LEVEL THREE CHERRY SETS?!?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2019