• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Summer Event Feedback

DeletedUser10415

Again with the huge annoying arrow. I don't want to throw away a spin just to get rid of it, and shouldn't have to.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9184

What happens if you spin and get a portrait that you already have?????? (I hope you get the next prize instead because what is the point of having 2 identical portraits?)
You can't win a portrait again, so you essentially have a higher chance at the other prizes on the current board.

DeletedUser26225

IT IS NOT SUMMER HERE !!!! IT IS NOT SUMMER ANYWHERE SOUTH OF THE EQUATOR !!! That is precisely 50% of the planet.

And that is right, "Sydney 2000 Summer Olympics" and "Rio 2016 Summer Olympics" are completely incorrect phrases.

DeletedUser26577

Hey, I am on the 6th quest (completed 5). The 6th quest for me is complete 1hr production 8 times. Now, I have 11 tickets. 1 ticket for logging in today, 5 tickets in the wilderness for each of the quests. That means the first 5 quests gave 1 ticket each.

Is this correct ? from the wiki it seemed that some quests gave more than 1 ticket

DeletedUser13838

Temple relics seem to be glitches 6 ways to Sunday with event. The relic icon seems to be alwYs on even though there are no relics and no posibility of them..ie. First log on to expiditions. Additionally I have multiple accounts of people who collect a relic only to get medals from the hood wheel payout so seem like the circits on that got crossed with relics.

I have that issue with my ipad but when I log onto a browser the icon is correct.

Algona

IT IS NOT SUMMER HERE !!!! IT IS NOT SUMMER ANYWHERE SOUTH OF THE EQUATOR !!! That is precisely 50% of the planet.

And that is right, "Sydney 2000 Summer Olympics" and "Rio 2016 Summer Olympics" are completely incorrect phrases.

Best complaint ever! You forgot Summer and winter Solstice...

Dear INNO,

in order to reduce the amount of Seasonal High Intensity Trauma, please cancel the Summer and Winter Events for everyone south of the equator.

kthnkxbye, OneOfThe88%LivingNorthOfTheEquator

Last edited:

cbalto1927

Hey, I am on the 6th quest (completed 5). The 6th quest for me is complete 1hr production 8 times. Now, I have 11 tickets. 1 ticket for logging in today, 5 tickets in the wilderness for each of the quests. That means the first 5 quests gave 1 ticket each.

Is this correct ? from the wiki it seemed that some quests gave more than 1 ticket

Your lucky, On my 4th quest it stated do 24 hour productions 2 times. I was like WTF.

Algona

On a slightly different topic...

Looking at last Year's Summer Event, completing a quest typically got you 2 tickets. This year you get 1 ticket and then search for a ticket. I'm not sure this is an improvement.

I like the additional ticket per daily login, but unless you read the announcement very closely, parsing the sentence a certain way, it sorta reads that we would be getting an extra ticket for each Quest completed.

Ticket in the wilderness
In addition to the quests, this year we introduce one more way to get tickets. On first login every day and also every time you complete a summer quest, an additional ticket will show up somewhere in the wilderness surrounding your city.
As a result, this year you can get more tickets (and therefore more rewards) than in any of the previous editions of the Summer event!

I'm not performing gift equestrian dentistry here, but, well? Am i wrong in thinking this could read getting an extra ticket with each quest completed?

Last edited:

DeletedUser20367

Best complaint ever! You forgot Summer and winter Solstice...

Dear INNO,

in order to reduce the amount of Seasonal High Intensity Trauma, please cancel the Summer and Winter Events for everyone south of the equator.

kthnkxbye, OneOfThe88%LivingNorthOfTheEquator

Never thought about the Olympics though. Guess I'm showing my NorthHemisphereCentricness. (Is that even a word?) :D

DeletedUser14197

Another one I won't be able to finish, since there's another "scout a province" quest without an alternative. Being at the edge of LMA and Colonial Age, I will first need to conquer 2 whole provinces from the next era that *maybe* will unlock scouting for me. I won't be able to do it for another several weeks since I lack army / goods from the next era yet, so this event comes at an extremely bad timing for me. I feel cheated on once again. First the ridiculous Mary Stuart event with plenty of province conquering with no alternative in a few short days, now this.

I was really addicted to FoE, and really liked the game and was getting more and more hard core planning my day around it, but these impossible to finish events are getting on my nerves. I'm enjoying the game less and less. I think I let go a little after the Mary Stuart event (I will no longer bother to plan my day around it). One more impossible event like that, and I think I might just quit altogether. You guys (FoE makers) are killing the magic for me. Either make events accessible to everyone (challenging but possible to complete), no matter which era they're in, or don't bother making these events. Or let me turn them off, because being reminded daily that there's a pathetically unfair event going on that I can't possibly complete is like a slap in the face.

Not like anyone from the FoE crew reads this feedback, or cares even a little if they do, but I just needed to vent.

You might get lucky and get your age barraks from the wheel. I don't know if they are offered this year, but I am pretty sure one year, I was able to get a couple of them. I could have gotten them from another event perhaps, but I was really thinking it was this one. So if you have any tickets, you might want to check the wheel occasionally to see what is being offered.

DeletedUser10415

On a slightly different topic...

Looking at last Year's Summer Event, completing a quest typically got you 2 tickets. This year you get 1 ticket and then search for a ticket. I'm not sure this is an improvement.

I like the additional ticket per daily login, but unless you read the announcement very closely, parsing the sentence a certain way, it sorta reads that we would be getting an extra ticket for each Quest completed.

Ticket in the wilderness
In addition to the quests, this year we introduce one more way to get tickets. On first login every day and also every time you complete a summer quest, an additional ticket will show up somewhere in the wilderness surrounding your city.
As a result, this year you can get more tickets (and therefore more rewards) than in any of the previous editions of the Summer event!

I'm not performing gift equestrian dentistry here, but, well? Am i wrong in thinking this could read getting an extra ticket with each quest completed?

We get 1 less ticket awarded per quest completed, however, for every quest completed, we get 1 ticket in the wilderness as well. Therefore, we get as many tickets per quest completed as before, except the annoyance of hunting for half of them has been added.

DeletedUser26517

You might get lucky and get your age barraks from the wheel. I don't know if they are offered this year, but I am pretty sure one year, I was able to get a couple of them. I could have gotten them from another event perhaps, but I was really thinking it was this one. So if you have any tickets, you might want to check the wheel occasionally to see what is being offered.

Thanks for the tip, but it won't help. First, the army from my era are useless against the army from the next era. Second, I need to conquer 11 sectors first, in order to be able to scout anything. Then, to complete the quest line, conquer another whole province (5-6 sectors). All from the next era. Impossible in 3 weeks. Even if I force myself to the next era against my will (would take 4-5 days), it will be a while before I can start making that era's army or goods. This event (and not only this) penalizes people who progressed quickly on the map. Seriously, scouting and conquering should come with a big red flashing warning sign saying "You sure you want to scout or conquer? It will completely screw up the next seasonal event coming in 2 weeks, and since there's always some seasonal event going on, you better never scout or conquer anything, unless a seasonal quest demands it."

DeletedUser26154

Seriously, scouting and conquering should come with a big red flashing warning sign saying "You sure you want to scout or conquer? It will completely screw up the next seasonal event coming in 2 weeks, and since there's always some seasonal event going on, you better never scout or conquer anything, unless a seasonal quest demands it."
After a few events, you get that big red flashing warning sign in your brain. Because of ALMOST getting burned the first couple times [I read ahead and knew I would need to scout] I always have one area to scout.

*Edit* The 2016 Summer Event is a success.

Algona

We get 1 less ticket awarded per quest completed, however, for every quest completed, we get 1 ticket in the wilderness as well. Therefore, we get as many tickets per quest completed as before, except the annoyance of hunting for half of them has been added.

Right. I understand that.

My point is that when i originally read the Announcement I thought INNO was saying that we would be getting an additional ticket for Quest completion ie, the typical 2 we got last year plus an additional ticket in the wilderness.. Instead, we're getting the same number of tickets for completing a Quest as last year. I misinterpreted the second sentence of what I quoted. Apparently I was the only one. Carry on.

DeletedUser10415

Right. I understand that.

My point is that when i originally read the Announcement I thought INNO was saying that we would be getting an additional ticket for Quest completion ie, the typical 2 we got last year plus an additional ticket in the wilderness.. Instead, we're getting the same number of tickets for completing a Quest as last year. I misinterpreted the second sentence of what I quoted. Apparently I was the only one. Carry on.

You should know by now that Inno isn't going to make an event better - only worse. :(

DeletedUser14197

Thanks for the tip, but it won't help. First, the army from my era are useless against the army from the next era. Second, I need to conquer 11 sectors first, in order to be able to scout anything. Then, to complete the quest line, conquer another whole province (5-6 sectors). All from the next era. Impossible in 3 weeks. Even if I force myself to the next era against my will (would take 4-5 days), it will be a while before I can start making that era's army or goods. This event (and not only this) penalizes people who progressed quickly on the map. Seriously, scouting and conquering should come with a big red flashing warning sign saying "You sure you want to scout or conquer? It will completely screw up the next seasonal event coming in 2 weeks, and since there's always some seasonal event going on, you better never scout or conquer anything, unless a seasonal quest demands it."

Sorry. I see now what you are saying. Don't suppose there is much one can do about it at this point. I now make sure I have an area left to scout and a tech ready to complete. I have had problems completing techs for events before as well. I think we had a choice this time of spending fps instead, but I don't know if it will come up again or not.