• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

thinking about keeping many bronze age buildings

• Thread starter DeletedUser40061
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

UBERhelp1

reading your comment has made me see the big picture here. i really rather have an efficient city rather than a pretty one. i want to progress through the ages and upgrade the look of each building to reflect correctly to the current age and not fall back into the previous age . ill have to study how my city looks and find ways to improve it. maybe finally study other peoples cities to get some ideas.
Just some things I've found to make a city look good and be efficient - tall buildings in back, as they could sometimes block the view of other buildings. Also, put like buildings together. This enables you to both collect easier and have "districts" of your city, instead of everything looking jumbled together.

DeletedUser40061

i think because of my dwindling tool supply...everything is at a standstill.. heres what city looks like now. i do hope that friends and passerbys will continue to visit my dilapidated and mismatched city. bear with oswyn for a bit longer until i can upgrade my exsisting biuldings. keep polishing!

https://i.postimg.cc/nhg2Kbzq/1aqbgb.png

DeletedUser40061

that building is ready...its horseman stables

update- just placed my first offer in the market! woohoo

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

i think because of my dwindling tool supply...everything is at a standstill.. heres what city looks like now. i do hope that friends and passerbys will continue to visit my dilapidated and mismatched city. bear with oswyn for a bit longer until i can upgrade my exsisting biuldings. keep polishing!

https://i.postimg.cc/nhg2Kbzq/1aqbgb.png

Way to much decorations and useless buildings like hunter and hut. Also you are wasting space with a bad setup and to many roads.

DeletedUser36624

Aww, you mean they won't twig if I speak non-'Merican? :p ....how do I speak 'Merican?
General usage would be "facing" or "faced". As in "Kasparov faced off against Fisher", or "The Saints were facing the Broncos". Although in FoE, I think it would be more common to just ask what the DA was. Verse and versed have very different meanings here, and versing isn't even a word.

DeletedUser40061

Way to much decorations and useless buildings like hunter and hut. Also you are wasting space with a bad setup and to many roads.

i partially concur bro. . if i had the resources to expand by buying more lots i would drastically rearrange each building to increase efficiency..boy, im glad im not a city planner in real life...the city would be in total dissaray.:eek:

Emberguard

i partially concur bro. . if i had the resources to expand by buying more lots i would drastically rearrange each building to increase efficiency..boy, im glad im not a city planner in real life...the city would be in total dissaray.:eek:
Usually if you don't know how to do it on a small scale it's not going to be any better on a large scale. There may be instances where large scale could teach you faster, but not usually. You'll get there, just needs practicing implementing anything you learn with the size you have rather then thinking it'd be different on a larger canvas

Falconwing

I don't know if it's been said, but if you are not a Diamond buyer, you shouldn't spend Diamonds on anything except Expansions. Maybe a last chance at negotiating the last Temple on GE4 if it's a lock with one extra try and the prize could be a TF, but expansions should take precedence.

DeletedUser40061

i will never become a diamond buyer. the temptation is there in back of my mind, but i have self control. i will have to be satisfied with what supplies i have to continue maintaining my city without spending what diamonds i have left.

upddated look of city

https://i.postimg.cc/HLjmjrSp/FOEy.png

i have removed a lot of decorations like trees...moved around the modern tiled homes. its going to take a while before i can get another piece of land to build more iron age stuff. im surprised a few more wanted to be friends with me as well as polish stuff despite my city looking quite deshelved (mix of old and new) buildings. i do hope everyone will continue to visit my city. i have ordered the citizens to take in weary travellers to spend the night. they will be treated with a plate of cookies and milk. and are encouraged to take selfies!

DeletedUser40061

cool diagram that emberguard. i still have a long way in learning how to build an efficient city...i can see a lot of trials and errors from this point on. as it is, the city is at a standstill. i cant remove any buildings or the citizens will revolt, i cant move any buildings because i dont have enough resources to get another expansion.

update- i got champion soldier dude after attacking 2 times while in expedition event. iam almost at that stage where the oracle of delphi is within reach. and, in research map, iam almost ready to complete argriculture so that i can level up great buildings.

Emberguard

upload_2019-5-13_17-20-33.png
upload_2019-5-13_17-22-47.png

@Oswyn the kind You can move the decorations around. Decorations don't need a road. The [incomplete] rearranging I did in the spoiler (if you went with it) would allow another road to be placed (or moved to) alongside the hut and longhouse so more buildings can be placed in that middle section

DeletedUser33179

cool diagram that emberguard. i still have a long way in learning how to build an efficient city...i can see a lot of trials and errors from this point on. as it is, the city is at a standstill. i cant remove any buildings or the citizens will revolt, i cant move any buildings because i dont have enough resources to get another expansion.

update- i got champion soldier dude after attacking 2 times while in expedition event. iam almost at that stage where the oracle of delphi is within reach. and, in research map, iam almost ready to complete argriculture so that i can level up great buildings.

You can move everything in your city at any time, including roads pieces & the townhall. If you temporarily have to put buildings away from roads for a few minutes while reorganizing, that's fine. Your buildings' timers til collection will stop while disconnected from roads/townhall, but will pick up where they left off once reconnected (there's one exception to this, for interconnecting set pieces won in events/etc, but you don't have any of those).

You currently have tons of room. If your money is very sparse at the moment, put down Bronze Age blacksmiths (for supplies) & chateaus (for coins). Then, as you can afford it, replace the chateaus with Iron Age residences. As for supplies, the butcher is best Iron Age supplies building- as is smallest - & you're no where near unlocking it in the Tech tree. But don't rush to unlock it right now given the work you're doing currently trying to learn the fundementals. Would be ok with blacksmiths for a while.

DeletedUser40061

good hints! i have jotted down on my pad to refer later on. one thing i would like to see is the ability to "rotate" the great hall building to any position i want. or rotate any buildings for that matter. this isnt just a casual game...it involves careful planning of your city in terms of efficiency and a lot of strategy is needed from researching new technology to battle mechanics. and many of you have been playing this game for years, serious players you are. and i wish to get into that class of serious players all the while of maintaining some fun and enjoyment. it will take a while longer for me, but thats fine. -so bear with me as i struggle to apply helpful hints. so far the citizens are happy, no revolt yet. but my armies arent very strong. they do train their best, but sometimes best isnt good enough. it costs more resources like defender boosts and to add more soldiers to make them stronger so that they wont get injured or die so easily. and if one day i reach an age where iam ripe for attack, my city wont stand a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.