• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter Event 2019 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser30359

They didn't ignore 23 pages of complaints, they disagreed with them, They obviously have access to much more data than your opinion, plus they can see 3 steps down the road. No middle finger.

Regarding the Reindeer offer, it's just that, an offer. You've never gotten something for free and been offered more stuff for a small additional fee? In the world of business, it's called an upsell. Cool thing about an upsell? You never need to buy it to get what you were promised. You simply say, "No thanks, I'll pass."

Anyway, water under the bridge. I see no point in you poisoning the event for those unaware by rehashing whatever drama the Beta users created on Beta. Don't trash the event for the others because you didn't get your way.
I see how one gets to be a well known member...just be a well known troll and give your opinion about others opinions

RazorbackPirate

I see how one gets to be a well known member...just be a well known troll and give your opinion about others opinions.
So when my opinion goes against another's opinion, I'm a troll. As such I'm no longer allowed to voice my opinion.?That makes sense. You may be onto something.

Welcome to the forums! I see you are new to the game. May I offer you some advice?

GBG surprised a lot of players (including yours truly) with the demand for Goods. It;s one of the reasons that reasonable trades are a lot more scarce.* We're all learning new play styles and variations to help with this.

Bear with it, if you can limp through this Event and work on your city a bit I'm sure you can be ready for the next Event.

For now, I highly recommend that you hump into the Questions forum and ask for help with learning how to produce and conserve the Resources you need to keep doing GE, GBG, and Events.

If you are as nice a person there as you are in your current post I guarantee you will get help.

First piece of advice, you are in a very small Guild. If you find a large active Guild with players around your Era you will have a lot easier time trading for Goods. Note that trades between Guild Mates do not cost FPs. Also, if you haven;t done so, start actively seeking out Friends around your own Era.

Another huge advantage of being in a large active Guild is there are experienced players who can help you with advice and in other ways.

Meanwhile best of luck completing the Event!

*Hmmm. Might be a great time for folks to look into becoming traders.

Thanks for the advice and kind words!

I’m getting much better at this game—which is a steep learning curve for me—having never played a game like this before. I have looked into joining a guild for several monthe (instead of my just own), however, I can’t bring myself to give up my independence yet. (Chalk it up to being a new ruler!)

My FP investments and GB rewards are paying off steadily, so I’m rarely low on them.

I have developed some good friends and a couple of mentors, so that’s going well, however, remaining in one Era has changed the trading dynamics somewhat, as you can imagine. Yet it seems that we all have fewer goods to trade with. To help remedy my problem, I have added back some goods productions, but it’s still a limited fix.

The one question I can’t find an answer to anywhere (and support won’t reply about) is...”Where and how are Guild Treasury Goods used?” I have almost decided that a secret handshake and hat exchange is necessary. Any accurate information would be appreciated!

RazorbackPirate

The one question I can’t find an answer to anywhere (and support won’t reply about) is...”Where and how are Guild Treasury Goods used?” I have almost decided that a secret handshake and hat exchange is necessary. Any accurate information would be appreciated!
Guild treasury goods are used to place sieges in GvG, unlock level II-IV in GE, and to build Province Buildings in GBG. Once goods go into the treasury, they cannot be removed and can only be used by the guild for one of these three activities.

BTW - If you're in a guild by yourself, you're not the leader, you're just you. By yourself. Dissolve your one person guild and join a guild that can help you grow.

PreciousDani68

Just seems like a scam to me (yet another) and one that digs deep at people. As for receiving the daily special associated with the reindeer...no you don't get it anyway unless you claim your prizes. And a special holiday event that you have to complete 70 quests in 30 days AND pay 2995 in Diamonds is just shamefully greedy and I am tired of the scams. I played other INNO games for several years and never saw this much money grubbing for little things. I don't mind some investment, it is a business for them and costs money to keep going, but honestly if it keeps up like this I will have to find other games to play. And I am sure I am not alone on that thought.

DeletedUser

And a special holiday event that you have to complete 70 quests in 30 days AND pay 2995 in Diamonds is just shamefully greedy and I am tired of the scams.
You don't have to pay 2995 in Diamonds. You can complete the entire event, get lots of daily prizes as well as the main prize fully upgraded without ever spending that 2995 Diamonds (or any Diamonds, for that matter). And if your random reindeer "prizes" are anything like the ones in my newest city, you shouldn't buy them. Now if they're like the ones in a couple of my older cities, you might think about it. But in no case do you have to do it.

DeletedUser40996

Just seems like a scam to me (yet another) and one that digs deep at people. As for receiving the daily special associated with the reindeer...no you don't get it anyway unless you claim your prizes. And a special holiday event that you have to complete 70 quests in 30 days AND pay 2995 in Diamonds is just shamefully greedy and I am tired of the scams. I played other INNO games for several years and never saw this much money grubbing for little things. I don't mind some investment, it is a business for them and costs money to keep going, but honestly if it keeps up like this I will have to find other games to play. And I am sure I am not alone on that thought.

Do you have any train cars besides the locomotive ??? Did you get any WW's or SOK's ???? They were daily specials and yes you most certainly get the daily specials regardless of if you buy the reindeer or not.

PreciousDani68

you are correct no one HAS to do anything...you focused on one word and lost the point of the post. No worries, it is my feedback, probably makes no difference anyway. to the second poster: in my text above you see I stated "daily specials associated with the reindeer" , it says right on it on the window it is a daily special and no it is not received without claiming the reindeer.Please remember if enough people feel feedback has no impact and are unhappy they will stop participating in the events and INNO looses revenue. But thank you for reading my post and taking the time to respond.

Last edited:

Algona

I see how one gets to be a well known member...just be a well known troll and give your opinion about others opinions

Naw, it's actually based solely on how many posts you have.

As you demonstrate, just being rude won't get your title changed.

Since you didn't actually post any feedback (off topic posting, a forum rules violation), but instead are just insulting posters (insulting players, a forum rules violation) and you define troll as someone who gives opinions about opinions, and you just gave an opinion about people giving opinions about opinions what does the make you? Some kind of apex predator troll? Or just another troll?

I'm not calling you a troll, you did that. I'm just trying to find out what breed.

Just seems like a scam to me (yet another) and one that digs deep at people.

You should quit the game. If in the short time you've played you think INNO is trying repeatedly to steal from people then you are helping them do so by playing the game even if you never spend a cent. Accessory before, during, and after the fact.

INNO uses gross numbers of players as part of their marketing process for the game to investors and players. In addition, if it weren't for all the free players the paying players would not have the enormous possibilities that attract them to the game.

never saw this much money grubbing for little things

You're new to the game. I didn't even have to look to know that, but checked anyway. It's a common misconception for new player to believe they have to spend money. That's because INNO offers a lot to buy.

Any experienced player finds out that you can play at the highest levels of this game without paying as RP states so eloquently in my signature.

Treat offers from INNO the same way you treat the thousands of ads you see every day. Ignore it unless it's for something you want at a price you are willing to pay.

----------

Meanwhile back on topic: a nice haul. Scored 23 Sleigh Builders across three Worlds. Now to to push my toy train down the tracks...

DeletedUser41065

Did anyone actually made a Full train (28) cars with dining cars, I know someone did it with Sleeping, but did anyone bother to do it with dining?
That would be 132 % Attack in SAM with the Charcoal Express.
I am not gonna ask about the Freight Cars xD...

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

Kranyar the Mysterious

What Inno saw was the number of people who actually played the event and actually spent diamonds for extra trains, extra cars, and extra reindeer goodies. Then they watched as all those items got placed in cities.
Doesn't mean all those people complaining were wrong. As PT Barnum used to say...

What doesn't make sense to me is that Inno could have made more diamond sales if they had made the Dining and Freight cars equal to other options. They didn't even need to be better, just equal. The Sleeping car was fine, and I don't think many thought it needed changed.

I would never put any of those cars on my train (other than the sleeping car if I had a Blue Galaxy), since there are better options out there that have more versatility. If they would have been equal to other options I might have considered it. Luckily for me that freed up my stars for use on other days.

DeletedUser40996

Doesn't mean all those people complaining were wrong. As PT Barnum used to say...

What doesn't make sense to me is that Inno could have made more diamond sales if they had made the Dining and Freight cars equal to other options. They didn't even need to be better, just equal. The Sleeping car was fine, and I don't think many thought it needed changed.

I would never put any of those cars on my train (other than the sleeping car if I had a Blue Galaxy), since there are better options out there that have more versatility. If they would have been equal to other options I might have considered it. Luckily for me that freed up my stars for use on other days.

The choice to use or not use cars would also be influenced by how far you've progressed in game . Someone in SAM probably wouldn't need the cars while someone in Colonial might find value in them IF they didn't have better at the time

Vinzin

RazorbackPirate

As the evil queen said, "mirror, mirror."

It may not make sense to you, but it does make sense to Inno, and to me. Inno knows their long term plans and know what balances they want to maintain in the game. As much as it may appear to those of us who play the game, Inno understands it's not all about the diamond sales from a single event, it's about increasing diamond sales event, after event, after event. You want to show your investors steady incremental growth. Each quarter, each fiscal year better than the last. Inno delivers that in spades and has done so for many, many years. You may not understand, but Inno does and that's what matters.

You personally would have shelled out diamonds for more powerful cars, but Inno didn't want that. They wanted the average player to buy diamonds, 2995 at a time. I somehow suspect the actual bump they're getting from that far outweighs any imagined loss you have in your mind.

EDIT:

I'm now wondering if the issue may have been programming related. In order to create the best balance between engine and the dining car, the attack boost would have also needed to scale for age. That me be something the chain programming can't do currently. If they were stuck with the cars having a static value, then scaling the dining car to be attractive to higher age player would have meant too large a boost for lower age cities. As a result, they went for middle of the road.

In both my LMA and CA cities the Dining Car gives more attack boost than the Royal Marble Gateway with the same footprint. Add to that, I don't need it to touch a road. That's pretty good for me, right now anyway. I can also see for SAM players with already stratospheric attack boosts, 4% in a 2x3 ain't no big thing.

The more I ponder it though, the more I lean toward programming limitation. I like the chain ability. Scaleable cars would be something to to see in a future iteration.

Last edited:

DeletedUser40996

They wanted the average player to buy diamonds, 2995 at a time. I somehow suspect the actual bump they're getting from that far outweighs any imagined loss you have in your mind.

Keep in mind that any player that's been here a while that's going to buy diamonds DURING EVENTS (unless their absolutely loaded) can maximize their $$ by waiting until the inevitable currency bonus days (which is when I bought mine so my main city (Low Level Arc/Traz/CoA/CdM/SoZ/ToR) had an even easier time getting a Charcoal Express than my other cities

DeletedUser41065

If we are getting dining car tomorrow as DS, and all other cars have passed already + SB passed, what are we getting as DS till the rest of the event?

RazorbackPirate

If we are getting dining car tomorrow as DS, and all other cars have passed already + SB passed, what are we getting as DS till the rest of the event?
We could very well see a 3rd go of each car.

If they wait 3 days then offer a car, then wait 2 days in between cars like they did at the top of the event, there will be 2 days remaining after the 3rd car has run the 3rd time. It would be a welcome surprise if they do. I'd like the chance at a few more with the remaining stars.

DeletedUser41065

It is annoying not knowing because on the beta I waited to spend my stars (on something good) and ended up spending them on Mass self-aid kits because it was the last DS...
May we get some info from a moderator or something?

Looking at what was offered on beta, there is a lot of other stuff we didn't get offered yet so...I'm gonna be sceptical for 3rd try at cars.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Anyone wanting to answer that question has to go to the player Wiki and look up what already has been a DS and then compare that to the list of beta to see what is most likely to come up.

How about you do that and let us know.

DeletedUser29726

Anyone know or have an educated guess as to whether we'll see the Sleeping Car available a third time?

Doesn't seem reasonable to put all the hype into the train and not have the cars available over the whole course of the event.

Two educated guesses:
1) Usually the number of times a prize shows up on beta and number it shows up on live are the same, just in a different order. The sleeping car showed up twice on beta, so we may not see it again.
2) The cars being the "new" thing, it seems weird that the last time it was seen was in the first half of the event. it makes sense if there'd be at least one more occurrence and sometimes inno does remove certain specials from beta to live so that might make room for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.