• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for update 1.197

dergerch

Also don't like the auto-zoom, but I would be even more interested why it's only tolerated to complain about in this thread? People have tried to file bug reports which have been closed as "not a bug". I mean, really?

On another note: I just needed to close the "a princely gift" popup for I-don't-know-how-many times. Probably related to the Auto-advance collection... err... "feature"?

Andrew V.

Always the sign of a great update when the solution to a new pointless feature such as having to reset zoom EVERY TIME you collect something is "don't use Chrome" or "just play on mobile, then". Of course, the option "yes, good point, we can see how infuriating such a pointless feature must be, we'll remove it, sorry" doesn't seem to be an option.
I think there seems to be some misunderstanding surrounding that one post of mine. Everything I said in that post was in reference to someone saying that they were having issues with the game randomly zooming prior to the update. He said that he was playing on PC and using Chrome as his browser. I was just giving him some troubleshooting options to help him resolve his issue. I have played this game on PC and Mac. I have used Edge, Vivaldi and Firefox on PC and I use Safari on Mac. I don't have any issues with any of these browsers. Because I don't use Chrome, I don't know much about the game in that browser, so I suggested that he check to see if there is an update available. I am hoping this clears up my post though. It seems that some are tying my post to the update when the person I wrote that to was talking about a separate issue on the thread about the update.

Lord Cannon

Update 1.97 is great, except for the zoom feature. This zoom feature could cause health risks for instance, photosensitive seizures. Please remove or make this zoom feature an toggle on or off in settings.

1.197.ae3ee8dfd4a (03.02.2021 11:20), Lord Cannon (1213749), us8, en_US, WEB 7,1,1,0, Windows 10, Chrome/88.0.4324.146, 1920x937, OpenGL Vendor=WebKit Version=WebGL 2.0 (OpenGL ES 3.0 Chromium) Renderer=WebKit WebGL GLSL=WebGL GLSL ES 3.00 (OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.0 Chromium) (512 MB VRAM)

pistachiolatte

I don't like the production building update. The zoom is really inconvenient and annoying. Also it doesn't group all of my production buildings at once so I have to do it twice for all of my production buildings. I liked it how it was originally.

Emberguard

No zooming in the mobile version so it's a bug in the browser version. It needs to be fixed.
Only because the mobile version doesn't have a zoom setting (just like how the desktop has volume control for ingame sound but the mobile app doesn't have a separate ingame volume setting as it uses the devices controls instead)

However if you look at the background behind the popup you'll see the mobile app moves the camera to the location of each production as you're setting it. Desktop stays still until the last production and then moves to the last production (with the zoom). If both behaved exactly the same then Desktop would be moving to the location of each individual building as you set them

Zatrikon

However if you look at the background behind the popup you'll see the mobile app moves the camera to the location of each production as you're setting it. Desktop stays still until the last production and then moves to the last production (with the zoom). If both behaved exactly the same then Desktop would be moving to the location of each individual building as you set them
Which would also be a bug. It shouldn't be moving the screen around at all. It is counter-productive.

FelixTheEngine

I LIKE the production bldg option but WHY does it RANDOMLY chg bldgs ? ? ? ?
on one world its great on another its a PAIN in the A** my friend likes it another HATES it for the same reasons
it should start with the bldg I Clicked on and then continue with the same bldg then chg to the next in the same Age, then the next group

the order should be
[ current Age [best productivity] [next lower productivity] ... ]
[next lower Age [best productivity] [next lower productivity] ... ]
[next lower Age [best productivity] [next lower productivity] ... ]

and get rid of the ZOOM or make it user selectable

Larabee

This update gets a grade of F.

The supply building changes are a disaster. By introducing unwanted zoom, this "improvement" acts like an enormous bug — the computer version of a prehistoric cockroach. Furthermore, the change seems to force a certain style of play that is unsuitable to many players. Many of us do not collect and reset our supply buildings all at once. We have this building called Château Frontenac (remember that?), and we complete numerous collection quests — collecting and reseting productions bit by bit. The change that was implemented this morning is beyond annoying; it's a great way to discourage players from continuing with the game.

Players must be allowed to opt out of the new system for setting supply production.

The ability to change one's user name is also a disaster. If I had to guess, I would say that there's someone new in charge who falsely thinks he knows better that the collective wisdom of eight years of FoE management. It's shameful. I have been playing this game, off and on, for many years. I have sometimes seen players who are self-centered, mean-spirited, or bigoted. The community of good players will now find it more difficult to shun players who deserved such treatment. Ugly players will instead become chameleons who infect guilds.

The name change feature must be removed.

Amen to all that!!!!

Falon999

I don't like anything about this update. The zoom and auto-scroll both need to go. As for the way it does productions buildings, I can see no rhyme or reason to it. I start on 1 production building (I have 2 of them, same building and same age), instead of doing both of them it does 1 then goes to another type of production building and then to a 3rd type of production building and them it might go back to the original type I started with. Even then it does not do all of my production buildings. I usually have to start the production cycle 2 and sometimes 3 times to do all my production buildings. The only type of building it seems to work on is the researched goods building at least it will do all of them in one go. Mad Scientist and a couple of other building are not included in any cycle.

FYI: I am not a "New Member", it seems like every time I want to post something in forums, I have to start over because it never finds my game name or my e-mail address.

P C C

A helpful addition to the autoscroll would be to display the Era of the building. I keep some of my production buildings at different Ages and it would be nice to know which one I'm working with.
Is that another browser/mobile difference? On mobile, I see the era in parentheses after the building name at the top while scrolling.

All the feedback on our guild chat about the change has been positive (from about 5 members) but possibly all play on mobile

Johnny B. Goode

As for the way it does productions buildings, I can see no rhyme or reason to it. I start on 1 production building (I have 2 of them, same building and same age), instead of doing both of them it does 1 then goes to another type of production building and then to a 3rd type of production building and them it might go back to the original type I started with. Even then it does not do all of my production buildings. I usually have to start the production cycle 2 and sometimes 3 times to do all my production buildings. The only type of building it seems to work on is the researched goods building at least it will do all of them in one go. Mad Scientist and a couple of other building are not included in any cycle.
My take on it is that it groups multi-production buildings separately from regular supply production buildings. The regular supply production buildings seem to all get done on the same cycle. I think it then separates all multi-production buildings by what they provide for each cycle. So, for example, if two multi-production buildings have the same 6 resources in the same slots of the 6 production cycles, they would be grouped together. Any difference in the 6 resources or their slots in the 6 cycles puts them in a separate grouping. This is educated guessing based on my own experience and comments here. Researched goods buildings would all be grouped together because they all provide the same number of goods on the same cycles. So maybe it's not the type of resources the production buildings are grouped by, but the number of resources provided by the various cycles. That actually makes more sense, now that I think about it. I don't personally have much trouble with that because I have very few multi-production buildings.

EDIT: On third thought, it must be by type of resource. If it was by number of resource per cycle, the regular production buildings would not all be grouped together.

Last edited:

Salsuero

Thanks for taking a great improvement and ruining its implementation. Why do you force the map to update zoom after setting productions (browser version)? I use the map at full zoom out, centered on my town. Now you zoom in to the last production building set and I'm forced to zoom out again and re-center the map manually. This is annoying when you set productions multiple times during a collection cycle due to running recurring quests. And no, waiting until the end of collection isn't a solution because that would cause all my collections to be delayed by the time it takes me to collect. There's already a tiny clock shift, but in this case it would be many minutes each day. It doesn't even group tech tree productions with special building productions, so it's not even totally streamlined. At least give the option NOT to use it. I'd prefer the old way to this.

So to the one that said it was "intentional" (yes, you, forum moderator, the person who is part of the FoE team) that said it was not a bug on a report I made, kindly explain on how both mobile and browser version are the same (version) and yet on mobile, this "intention" didn't happen as it does on the browser.

On the mobile, I can set up productions and it won't zoom in like it did on the browser version by using the "same" feature. Is Inno trying to push many players to go on the mobile so they can once and for all kill off the browser version? (Only way I see of it since majority of game developers are ax-ing their PC and browser games to cater to the mobile market).

Curious minds would like to know. I will leave this here (version info for the browser and mobile).

Attachments

• Browser Version.png
    Browser Version.png
    727.3 KB · Views: 14
  • FoE Mobile.jpg
    FoE Mobile.jpg
    703.9 KB · Views: 12