• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Cosmic Raven's Version of Heavy Questing

DeletedUser36617

I'm in contemporary era before discovering this guide.
Is it too late to use the guide? I have the necessary buildings, but I can only do a few quests a day with my current production. That is a few coins/supplies and a fp one.

DeletedUser29623

I'm in contemporary era before discovering this guide.
Is it too late to use the guide? I have the necessary buildings, but I can only do a few quests a day with my current production. That is a few coins/supplies and a fp one.

Even though I still don't do heavy questing, I learned so much from this guide and the comment thread that I started a new city to try it out. You might want to try that and perhaps gradually convert your CE city to a diamond farm. Or just consider it an experiment in a different play style.

DeletedUser36617

Even though I still don't do heavy questing, I learned so much from this guide and the comment thread that I started a new city to try it out. You might want to try that and perhaps gradually convert your CE city to a diamond farm. Or just consider it an experiment in a different play style.
I've created a new city, but it takes a lot of time and I'd just like to optimize my CE city

DeletedUser29623

I've created a new city, but it takes a lot of time and I'd just like to optimize my CE city

I haven’t reach CE myself but I understand that once you get past Colonial, a lot of RQers move away from the 24-hour supply quests and level their Arcs to the point that they mostly use the spend FPs quests because they’re donating to GBs all the time

DeletedUser35506

I have just seen this guide and currently am in Colonial Age, but have all technologies researched and a few bonus sectors in InA and ProA sector unlocked. I understand that I won't be able to do special or season events if I want to keep in CA until all my GBs are at least lvl 10 and ARC is at least lvl 20 considering that it now is at 6. Is it worth moving to InA era when in CA I have all troops, finishing GE level 4, great income of gold and 5 times less income of supplies than gold meaning that I am doing UBQ quests around 5-10 a day, but would have to start from scratch in InA and have very limited FPs around 40 a day. What do you think the best strategy would be for me to improve my city's expansion and take part in GvG, GE and in general to increase ranking points at faster rate? My cities map is https://ibb.co/dDeXgL

I have LoA at lvl 1 (currently building), TA at 1, Inno at 6, CdM at 7, ARC at 6, CoA at 6, Obs - 2, SMB -7, AO - 5, Kraken - 5, Traz - 6, RFP - 4, SV - 3, DT - 4, Chateau - 2, ToR - 3, Cape - 4

P.S. I was super lucky to acquire a lot of special supplies building from last event as can be seen from my city's url.
P.P.S. I want to stay in this world so any suggestions how to proceed are very welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35506

Perfume is a waste for quests. You should have clockmakers. And work on your CF, get it to 10.
Thank you. Because I'm a newbie to this game, do building clockmakers reduce population and happiness? If yes how much it reduces happiness per one clockmaker?

DeletedUser

Thank you. Because I'm a newbie to this game, do building clockmakers reduce population and happiness? If yes how much it reduces happiness per one clockmaker?
Clockmakers are production (supply) buildings. They have no effect on Happiness. They reduce available population, which is population that is not employed by one building or another, but have no effect on total population, which is the number of citizens provided by residential and certain GBs and event/special buildings in your city.

DeletedUser35506

Clockmakers are production (supply) buildings. They have no effect on Happiness. They reduce available population, which is population that is not employed by one building or another, but have no effect on total population, which is the number of citizens provided by residential and certain GBs and event/special buildings in your city.
Thank you for explaining everything to me.

DeletedUser35506

If you need happiness, you should be getting it all, 110% of it, from your Traz.
Thanks. Currenly my population is enthused, so I don't need happiness. Its under control. However what factors influence and especially reduce happiness as I need to keep an eye on that?

DeletedUser31470

Thanks. Currenly my population is enthused, so I don't need happiness. Its under control. However what factors influence and especially reduce happiness as I need to keep an eye on that?

Unless you age up, the only thing that could harm you would be getting more people. Either by building more houses, adding event buildings to your city (Ships, Dark Doorway) or by leveling your IT. Just a friendly reminder that your neighbors/friends/guildmates might need IT prints and they might level it for you (that happened to my brother and he started having serious happiness issues).

DeletedUser35506

Unless you age up, the only thing that could harm you would be getting more people. Either by building more houses, adding event buildings to your city (Ships, Dark Doorway) or by leveling your IT. Just a friendly reminder that your neighbors/friends/guildmates might need IT prints and they might level it for you (that happened to my brother and he started having serious happiness issues).
What is IT?

DeletedUser38042

I will be adding a very, Very, VERY, VERY comprehensive section on this specific topic.

For now, HMA players should construct only the GBs I explicitly list below AND NO OTHER GBs until later in the Colonial Age. Also I have listed the GBs in the Ideal order we would want to level them up; however for obvious reasons we might not be able to construct this list of GBs in this order:
  1. Chatea Frontenac
  2. Hagia Sophia
  3. Castel Del Monte
  4. St. Mark's Basillica
  5. Lighthouse of Alexandria

If you own any or all of these GBs, level them up evenly (1 level each at-a-time), starting with the first Gb listed and moving down the list. Keep all of these GBs the same level. Any time you finally construct a GB on this list you did not previously own, you immediately prioritize leveling that new GB until it is the same level as all the other GBs on the list. If you just started heavy questing in the Colonial Age, the GB list looks like this:

1. The Arc
  2. Chatea Frontenac
  3. Hagia Sophia
  4. Castel Del Monte
  5. St. Mark's Basillica
  6. Lighthouse of Alexandria

Again, any time you finally construct a GB on this list you did not previously own, you immediately prioritize leveling that new GB until it is the same level as all the other GBs on the list.

About 1/3rd of the way through Colonial Age we add Alcatraz to the GB List; however, we do not level up Alcatraz as fast as the other GBs listed above, we only level up Traz just enough such that the happiness of Hagia Sophia + Alcatraz makes our city enthused, without any cultural buildings or decorations. Leveling Hagia Sophia is always given higher priority over Leveling Alcatraz.

Ideally, before leaving the Colonial Age behind, we want all of these GBs at level 10:
  1. The Arc (build ASAP in the Colonial Age)
  2. Chatea Frontenac (build ASAP in HMA)
  3. Hagia Sophia (build ASAP in HMA)
  4. Castel Del Monte (build ASAP in HMA)
  5. St. Mark's Basillica (build ASAP in HMA)
  6. Lighthouse of Alexandria (build ASAP in HMA)
  7. Alcatraz (build in mid Colonial age, after all GBs listed earlier are level 7 or higher and only if a level 7 or higher Hagia Sophia will not keep your Colonial Age city enthused)
  8. Atomium (build AFTER you own a level 7 Alcatraz)
  9. Innovation Tower (build AFTER you own a level 7 Atomium and 5 or more SoKs)
  10. OPTIONAL: Fraunkirche of Dresden (build AFTER you own a level 7 Atomium)
  11. Temple of Relics (do not build until mid-to-late Colonial Age and only after all other GBs listed earlier are level 7 or higher)
  12. Statue of Zeus (do not build until mid-to-late Colonial Age and only after all other GBs listed earlier are level 7 or higher)
  13. Cathedral of Aachen (do not build until mid-to-late Colonial Age and only after all other GBs listed earlier are level 7 or higher)
Please hold all questions on this specific topic for now, as I'm still typing up this specific section. This means all the answers, explanations, rationale, and supporting math to back up the strategy are forthcoming. However, I wanted to give players the general idea now.

Great guide btw!!! I took a break from the game back in 2014. I decided to come back and I found this guide and decided to start a new city following your teachings. I have a quick question though. What about the GB Oracle? Where does that rank in this? Is it needed? Should I get rid of it, although it is forced on players now?

DeletedUser

Great guide btw!!! I took a break from the game back in 2014. I decided to come back and I found this guide and decided to start a new city following your teachings. I have a quick question though. What about the GB Oracle? Where does that rank in this? Is it needed? Should I get rid of it, although it is forced on players now?
You can use the Search function at upper right to find any mention of the Oracle in this thread. Simply type "Oracle" and then check the box below to search this thread only.

DeletedUser29623

The guide was written long enough ago that the Oracle didn't exist and (maybe, I'm not sure) people weren't routinely leveling their Arcs to 80. Cosmic Raven is long gone and never finished it, so you might want to keep that in mind. Players are generally much more Arc focussed now, although @Stephen Longshanks does not approve!