• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Cosmic Raven's Version of Heavy Questing

DeletedUser31592

has anyone tryed to get a CF in bronze age..

A CF would be near impossible to get in BA without diamonds. You can't contribute to other GBs to get the prints- meaning you will have to get them from aiding. (Or at least until you get the first and then buy the rest with diamonds.)
Then there is the matter of goods. You can't 'buy' them with FPs because you can't contribute. So you are left with either paying diamonds to build it or finding someone to give you the goods.

DeletedUser31308

A CF would be near impossible to get in BA without diamonds. You can't contribute to other GBs to get the prints- meaning you will have to get them from aiding. (Or at least until you get the first and then buy the rest with diamonds.)
Then there is the matter of goods. You can't 'buy' them with FPs because you can't contribute. So you are left with either paying diamonds to build it or finding someone to give you the goods.

Not to mention that the CF is actually better in IA than in BA in terms of being able to spam UBQs indefinitely.
http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Château_Frontenac_as_perpetual_motion_machine

DeletedUser31308

Yep, I was going to comment that but you beat me. I think for higher eras the levels are not accurate (missing 2nd and 3rd RQ slots), but not like it matters.
Did you ever consider rocketing the CF as part of your strategy after hitting lvl 80 Arc? You can advance to LMA after getting your CF pretty high then hit perpetual motion while in LMA

DeletedUser29218

Did you ever consider rocketing the CF as part of your strategy after hitting lvl 80 Arc? You can advance to LMA after getting your CF pretty high then hit perpetual motion while in LMA

I thought about it was when I was defining my general strategy in the firsts weeks of gameplay. I scrapped it though. I (correctly) hypothesised that I would need Arc to get the BP, that the best era for that was IA (not only because of the lvl requirement is low, but also because dynamic tower + CF and arc + CF at that era is quite powerful). But... I don't see perpetual motion that powerful, considering all the clicking just to collect "what is already yours".

Right now I already have "perpetual motion" in CF. Not with UBQs, but with spend FP quests. We have a lvl 80 arc club, where we put 1.9x rewards to anyone announcing their GBs. I could be questing for hours if I wanted to, but there is a limit to how much time I want to spend cycling throught the interface. And before any RQ-hater quotes that without context, you can't compare collecting your city in 10 mins to doing UBQs endlessly.

So, I'll advice against that. I'd rather spent these insane amount of Fps to lvl HS, CC, IT, AO and kraken to lvl 60-80, than using them in CF and become a slave of the game.I will eventually lvl CF a bit, but that will be before going to the next age, if my guild needs insane amounts of goods in a given era.

DeletedUser29352

Move to CA as quickly as possible. You will have much more space and 2 active quests. Also you will be accumulating much more valuable goods. People that park in HMA for sustained periods fall so far behind that they will never catch up. If you want proof just look at HQS.

Snarko

has anyone tryed to get a CF in bronze age..

I don't know about US servers but craig de cool on english/international server Korch has a level 12 CF in bronze age.

I'm trying to get a CF in BA there. The BPs are not difficult. Just add 80 friends with many PE buildings for you to manually polivate. The goods on the other hand, that is hard. I might grow tired of it and move to IA so I can buy the remaining goods for FP.

DeletedUser31616

So this has happened to me in O and P worlds. I am in CA in both worlds and just a couple of days ago my recuring quest have stopped?? Now I have 2 bonus quest and 1 story quest and no way to abort out of them. I made it past one bonus quest and got the recuring quest returned for 1 rotation around, but then it was gone again. Is this normal? Now the bonus quests want me to acquire sectors on the maps and in one world I am already way ahead of myself and can't fight my way to win the sectors.. ?? Suggestions?

DeletedUser29352

That is the best strategy. The only situation I can think of where it would not be would be if you were to make the silly move to stay in HMA. If you do that, then nothing works well. I’ve always wondered why it is that I continue to widen the gap between myself and HQS. We started at the same time. We both leverage our Arc to do more reoccurring quests. But what was a 400,000 point advantage in my favor 2 months ago is now closer to 2 million. One reason perhaps is that every every time I hit goods (which I do 30-35% of the time) I get the equivalent of 1408 HMA goods. HQS gets 10 goods.

DeletedUser29352

I could do nothing with them. Even CA goods are worthless. Fortunately I didn’t stay in HMA very long so I don’t have that problem.

DeletedUser31616

So this has happened to me in O and P worlds. I am in CA in both worlds and just a couple of days ago my recuring quest have stopped?? Now I have 2 bonus quest and 1 story quest and no way to abort out of them. I made it past one bonus quest and got the recuring quest returned for 1 rotation around, but then it was gone again. Is this normal? Now the bonus quests want me to acquire sectors on the maps and in one world I am already way ahead of myself and can't fight my way to win the sectors.. ?? Suggestions?

I figured this out, I just had to muddle through the bonus quest that I could still complete in CA and then the recuring quests came back, what a relief!!! Do the recuring quests ever go away for good or do they come up in ALL ages?

Freshmeboy

Just, you will have map areas that trigger certain unabortable quests as you rise in age but it isn't a permanent thing. You did right by sucking it up and finishing the easiest one regardless of the headache it caused....

DeletedUser34477

Just recently started this game and I am not sure how I should go about the recurring quests. Is it best to stay in BA for a while and do them there or should I rush to a certain age and linger there?

JohnDoesy

BJ, compare how many coins and supplies you get from a bronze age building compared to an iron age building. Each age they go up!

However if you advance ages too fast, you run out of resources and can't make anything from your new age. Here's a good idea. Count your current houses, let's say 10 houses. Check the cost of ten houses from your next age. If you have enough resources to build, then advance ages, otherwise stockpile some more. Same thing with production buildings for supplies.

Now about the recurring quests. You get coins, supplies, forge points, medals and goods. Once per age and type of recurring quest you can get diamonds then you get no more diamonds till the next age (and recurring quest type). Each age you advance, the amount of coin or supply rewards increase, but so do costs in coin and supply recurring quests. Costs also increase in 'Spend X Forge Point" quests.

Can you easily satisfy your recurring quests right now? Then good, stay in your current age and invest your forge points in Arcs to get space expansion medals. If it's hard to satisfy current quests, consider advancing an age to get more research space expansions. The game is all about balance. If it's still fun, keep it up. If it's not fun, consider changing it up to keep it exciting.

DeletedUser34477

Thank you JohnDoesy.

Also any recommendations for how to use land expansions? I feel like going 1-2 expansions to the left or should i say south-west to make it "wider" and then just keem making it "longer" by going down towards the south-east if you understand what I am saying

JohnDoesy

Land expansions should go towards a fixed map edge, that way permanent things like great buildings and "set" buildings can stay there without moving them again (cherry garden set, winter set, palace set, elephant set, etc).

Things that get deleted with each age should go towards your expansion edge, such as goods buildings and supply buildings. As much as possible.

Roads waste space, try to always have buildings on both sides of them. Many buildings have a short side and a long side. To fit more buildings in, make the short side touch the road. Most players expand top to bottom, but because of many building shapes, it's to your advantage to expand left to right instead of top to bottom. Expand the width of your city in straight lines, never jagged. When a map edge is reached, start a new row on whatever side is most convenient. [Expanding "left to right" is from the top left of your screen expanding in a straight line to the top right]

DeletedUser29352

In CA don’t conquer the section that would be the state of Washington on a map to avoid losing your second slot. You can scout that section.

DeletedUser34477

Does it matter what I motivate or polish to get blueprints for the chateau?