• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Wildlife Event 2024

xivarmy

A great event to get daily specials? Are you kidding! Events like this which force you to spend event currency each day and not bank it until you get a daily special you want are the worst possible events for obtaining daily specials! The forge bowl, which should be starting around this time of year was actually a great event for getting daily specials and other goodies. One could get tons of daily specials and progress in the event by spending all their event currency on a day or a couple days when there was a daily special they liked, especially because it was relatively cheap to boost the chances for these by buying the ultimate coach, which is far cheaper than most ways one can spend diamonds in an event!
While it's true you shouldn't save all your tickets for 1 day because you'll be capped out and wasting free regeneration, in terms of total volume this event pays out big. You'll probably win 40+ specials over the event - even though they're not all of your one preferred type.

It's good to have a few specials in mind that you want. i.e. the world I care most about this event primarily wants 33 lotus flower lakes (at 10 so far - a few are from last year). We've already had the path selection kit, but there's still the epic wildlife kit, and lotus flower lake not in a kit. But I also would like to win some raccoon hideouts. And I won't complain about winning some blood lilies and giant kapoks even though they're not a focus. That's a lot of "useful" special days plus I'll get to see many of them multiple times due to swap-out.

And with strategy you can still slant a lot towards a specific special you want:

- On days when you don't like the special you can, without waste, save up to 3 tickets for the next day. (spend just enough tickets so that you have 3 and the timer ticking when the day ends). You can then get 3 additional tickets from regeneration over a day when you like the special. So 6 tickets baseline on most good days (apart from the ones that followed another good day).
- Avoid completing quests that reward tickets when you don't want the ticket that day. On days when you want extra plays, it's time to burn through quests and win extra tickets.
- And of course you can choose to spend some diamonds on the day you want the special (if i haven't made it to my 33 lakes on the last of the "natural" days I can get it on).

Pericles the Lion

So far I've only been playing enough tickets to keep space for the 8 hour regens and I'm not rushing the quests while I wait on the Rival questline to start. I've gotten a few daily specials but they aren't a big deal for me anymore. Power creep has made DS chasing nearly obsolete.

jaymoney23456

While it's true you shouldn't save all your tickets for 1 day because you'll be capped out and wasting free regeneration, in terms of total volume this event pays out big. You'll probably win 40+ specials over the event - even though they're not all of your one preferred type.

It's good to have a few specials in mind that you want. i.e. the world I care most about this event primarily wants 33 lotus flower lakes (at 10 so far - a few are from last year). We've already had the path selection kit, but there's still the epic wildlife kit, and lotus flower lake not in a kit. But I also would like to win some raccoon hideouts. And I won't complain about winning some blood lilies and giant kapoks even though they're not a focus. That's a lot of "useful" special days plus I'll get to see many of them multiple times due to swap-out.

And with strategy you can still slant a lot towards a specific special you want:

- On days when you don't like the special you can, without waste, save up to 3 tickets for the next day. (spend just enough tickets so that you have 3 and the timer ticking when the day ends). You can then get 3 additional tickets from regeneration over a day when you like the special. So 6 tickets baseline on most good days (apart from the ones that followed another good day).
- Avoid completing quests that reward tickets when you don't want the ticket that day. On days when you want extra plays, it's time to burn through quests and win extra tickets.
- And of course you can choose to spend some diamonds on the day you want the special (if i haven't made it to my 33 lakes on the last of the "natural" days I can get it on).
My point is that this event doesn't allow banking of tickets (main thing needed to play the minigame) unlike events like the forgebowl which do-much nicer when you don't have to sit there and play the minigame every day-gets tedious and you are forced to essentially go for the DS you couldn't care less about instead of waiting for one of the few that are any good these days

captain987

My point is that this event doesn't allow banking of tickets (main thing needed to play the minigame) unlike events like the forgebowl which do-much nicer when you don't have to sit there and play the minigame every day-gets tedious and you are forced to essentially go for the DS you couldn't care less about instead of waiting for one of the few that are any good these days
If you wanted, you could wait on the event questline until the DS you want, and rush through it for tickets. Just a thought.

jaymoney23456

If you wanted, you could wait on the event questline until the DS you want, and rush through it for tickets. Just a thought.
yes, but that still doesn't take away from the fact that you can't simply bank all the event currency (in this case tickets) that you would like

Zatrikon

I think there's an elephant in the room that no one is acknowledging: Power Creep. I've been playing this game for a long time. I remember when a level 1 Shrine of Knowledge was a big deal, and we were thrilled to get one - before there was even such a thing as a Shrine of Knowledge Upgrade Kit. Now, every event building renders the previous year's event building obsolete. It certainly discourages me from wanting to spend any money on this game when I know that the thing I bought, I'm just going to throw away soon, and then have to spend more money on the newer, better thing.

Ebeondi Asi

I think there's an elephant in the room that no one is acknowledging: Power Creep. I've been playing this game for a long time. I remember when a level 1 Shrine of Knowledge was a big deal, and we were thrilled to get one - before there was even such a thing as a Shrine of Knowledge Upgrade Kit. Now, every event building renders the previous year's event building obsolete. It certainly discourages me from wanting to spend any money on this game when I know that the thing I bought, I'm just going to throw away soon, and then have to spend more money on the newer, better thing.
I disagree on the notion that we have to keep playing every event to keep up with Power Creep. Maybe some whales feel the oy of being #1. The rest of us have the luxury of doing what we feel like doing.
And for me. of late, that is skip playing the event entirely. I have no need of a slightly better boost, (which now, typically loses some other needed bit (Lately those are happiness and Coins)
So I say there is only the need to play the game as you feel like playing it, and not be bewitched by some notion you have to do everything. Skipping he Events is one of my happy tasks.

added:
Ahhh after two seconds of waffling, I have decided to actually play the Event. Even though I kind of already regret deciding to do so... The Universe is a mysterious place after all...

Last edited:

Sharmon the Impaler

I disagree on the notion that we have to keep playing every event to keep up with Power Creep. Maybe some whales feel the oy of being #1. The rest of us have the luxury of doing what we feel like doing.
And for me. of late, that is skip playing the event entirely. I have no need of a slightly better boost, (which now, typically loses some other needed bit (Lately those are happiness and Coins)
So I say there is only the need to play the game as you feel like playing it, and not be bewitched by some notion you have to do everything. Skipping he Events is one of my happy tasks.
They are giving too many new buildings and not enough space to put them. What are we supposed to do ? Swap out a 15% attack building for a 16% attack + 5 goods building? That is more of the elephant than power creep is by a long shot.

Zatrikon

I never stated or implied that "we have to keep playing every event to keep up with Power Creep." We don't disagree at all. The power creep motivates me to not play events - and certainly not to pay $ for them. I usually wind up playing them anyway, just for something to do in the game, but I feel no urgency to chase after each new building that gives slightly more FPs/goods/combat bonus/etc. than the one before it. Because I already know that the next building will be even better. When I started playing this game, I would see new event buildings and think, "Wow! What a great building! I've got to get one of those!" But I don't feel any such excitement anymore. There's no need to get the current building, because you can always get the next one instead.

jaymoney23456

So they'll move to something else to monetize.
Eventually the pool of players that are willing to pay will dry up if the game keeps moving more and more to pay to win and honestly really pay to play. The power creep worsens this because then established players can see that spending cash on an event only to have it become obselete inside of a year is a useless. Good way to run a game into the ground imo

jaymoney23456

Right now a lot of smart players will look at the current wildlife event (not sure why there would be an event with a summer theme in January but that is a whole other topic) and think that it is a waste of time to even go for gold league given how many whales are gunning for it. This is a case of where they could get more to at least spend diamonds if there was a lower level of it that still allowed players to keep building the flamingo building -do gold and silver at least or make it so you can win them from some other aspect of the event except only to finish in gold league

Sharmon the Impaler

Right now a lot of smart players will look at the current wildlife event (not sure why there would be an event with a summer theme in January but that is a whole other topic) and think that it is a waste of time to even go for gold league given how many whales are gunning for it. This is a case of where they could get more to at least spend diamonds if there was a lower level of it that still allowed players to keep building the flamingo building -do gold and silver at least or make it so you can win them from some other aspect of the event except only to finish in gold league
The level 11 Flamingo makes Silver Serene frags and a Silver Serene makes Golden Serene frags. Long haul without bunches of finish specials but doable.