• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

FoE Soccer Cup 2016 - Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser1084
  • Start date

DeletedUser8152

They haven't announced a summer event yet, but they have done it every year before now.

As for the soccer event, it is very likely that the cycling prizes will repeat through the event.

Algona

I sympathize and understand. I've accidentally (my fault, but the interface does make it a little too easy) hit the fans button as well as bought a really unnecessary supplies. Happily the fans waited for a good shot, which I missed.

Latest changelog announcement hints at the Summer Event pretty strongly. Hmmm, I hope they are not talking about the Winter Event from an Australian's PoV.

What else is going on?
While the work on the upcoming addition to the Arctic Future is progressing nicely, we have started production of two more exciting projects: one will be a returning fan favorite and we will just say it has to do with a certain season that brings a lot of sunny weather and the other will be a historical questline that's gonna make you "lose your heads".

DeletedUser8420

I see today that I have double percentages and I don't know how that happened. So I wasted 20 cups I guess since that is what it costs and so now there is a chance it will keep happening. I am not sure what I did to make it happen, but what you are saying is if I want to make sure it doesn't happen again, next time I go to leave the soccer game, I should leave and reload the game? I haven't shot any balls since this happened but they should not allow this to happen on accident this easily. I think this is the first time it happened to me. Really to leave the animations on is pretty time consuming. So, I can just shoot balls when I am planning to leave the city anyway.

I went and shot balls and see what you mean. I didn't accidentally hit double chance again. I think they need to fix it though. I was really careful and clicked on the side, but wondered if I could accidentally buy the tigers den as well. I certainly wouldn't want to waste that many cups on something I dont' want.

yes it has happened to me, I clicked on the side and to shut down the acknowledgement box and clicked the prize under it...that is ok if you don't have enough cups to buy it...if you do you play a chance on getting something you don't want. You can also accidently click on the 5% shot box too happened to me. That is why I found that leaving the animations on when you click the x on that box as the shot is taken will give you your cups but you wont have to worry about clicking on something you don't want.

I contacted support several times on this and all they would say they appreciated "The suggestion" and would advise the Devs on it. In other words they are not going to fix this at least not this year....by the way this was a problem last year too. So I have to wonder if this is by design and not by accident.

DeletedUser8420

OK as stated earlier

1st I am still having major problems with the acknowledgement box overlaying the grab prize box...I click on the ok to acknowledge winning the 10 cups and it clicks on the 20% increase chance box. grrrrr... considering I do almost exclusively the 100% why would I click on the increase chance box. duh! Finally I think I have found a work around on this ...but it is a real irritant to do so.

2nd I constantly see large cups being won listed in my hood but, the 5% chance seems never to go higher then 100 cups so where are these cups being won at? (this has happened since after the first couple of hours of the event started...in the beginning it was going up to near a 1000 but now I hardly ever see it over 100)

3rd...the prizes we can buy ...something worth while seems to be in 3,000 + cups range. So unless we buy cups for diamonds or until we save and are near the end of the game its nothing ....(ok there is the golden chest but, looking in it only descent thing is the reno kit but considering I tried it once and got a blasted blueprint...to me the chance of winning the reno kit is near none existent so I am saving the cups... if I don't have enough to get something outright then will spend it on the chest just to get rid of the cups at the end of the game)

4th as stated the amount of the cups being offered doesn't seem to go up and the % of chance to get something even when it does is near 0 anyway so just doing the 100% each time. The quests rewards are being saved so that future quests can be done...hold the shots packages until a quest comes up with # of shots needed to be taken to complete another quest in order to get another shot package....sigh...

Therefore this event is really BORING!!!! and just doing it because its there....

DeletedUser20367

I contacted support several times on this and all they would say they appreciated "The suggestion" and would advise the Devs on it. In other words they are not going to fix this at least not this year....by the way this was a problem last year too. So I have to wonder if this is by design and not by accident.

Nope, they're not going to fix it. I reported this on the Beta Bugs forum and was told that it is 'not a bug'. Any first year (heck, first SEMESTER) programmer knows how to move the location of a window. They aren't fixing it because they don't want to.

DeletedUser13838

Just thinking out loud here.

This is a long event so I think the best way is to just play the averages - there is really no advantage to winning cups now vs later. A few people will do really well and a few people will do really poorly but the vast majority will get close to the average based on how they play. So how you play is very important to your success.

You are guaranteed to make 10 cups per shot so don't play any game if you don't expect to make that unless you'd otherwise lose the shot (ie shot bar at a maximum).

For example the 10% game starts at 70 cups (I think) which on average gives you 7 cups per shot. Let someone else make the first move if you can to get the prize over 100. If they win the 70 cups then good for them. It is a losing bet in the long run. Note, my using the word bet in no way establishes my belief that this is gambling.

Just for some equivalence, 1 shot costs 10 diamonds so as long as you average at least 10 cups per shot then 1 diamond >= 1 cup
But if you buy cups directly, 1 diamond = 2+ cups (depending on how many you buy) so shots are not worth buying unless the game is paying at least double the guarantee (ie at least 20 cups per shot). Whether you want to use diamonds is a separate issue, the idea here is that if you use diamonds you want to get the most value. Buying cups gives you a guarantee but when the prizes get sufficiently high, buying shots gives more value but comes with risk.

Similarly it can also be worthwhile using cups to increase your chances. If you are getting at least 20 cups per shot (on average) then doubling your chances is worth the 20 cups. So if the prize is high enough to buy shots or double your chance, it's probably a good idea to do both.

Example: 5% game @ 500 cups
On average 1 shot pays 25 cups. If you pay 20 cups to double the chance then the shot pays 50 cups on average for an increase of 25 cups. You might not win the prize but you increased your expected value. Over the long haul that is a winning move.

Is it worth buying a shot in this case? Well from an equivalence perspective you are better off on average paying 10 diamonds to get a shot worth 25 cups than to pay 10 diamonds for 20 cups directly (again, depending on how many you buy). So the question isn't about whether to use diamonds but if you do then use them in the way that gives the most value. Of course if you are very risk averse you might not want to buy shots at all, even if the 5% game hit 1,500 cups.

But what if the 5% game hit 1500 cups. It would cost 750 diamonds to buy 1500 cups. But you can buy a shot for 10 diamonds and keep buying them until you win. You'd have a 2% chance of not winning the prize in 75 shots without using cups to double your chances. But you're not playing alone and the prize increases with each miss (and higher prizes attract more players). So it's hard to know what the prize will be when you finally win.

And what if you use the cups? Well you'd have a 0.04% chance of not hitting the prize in 75 shots (there are enough players that this will probably happen to someone). But those 75 shots would also cost you the 1500 cups you tried to win!!

poptartpoochie

Please change the purchase methods for rewards in the Soccer Event.

By barely brushing the screen on my phone, I have unwittingly purchased 2 awful rewards & have wasted most of my hard-earned trophies on junk.

Could you please add a warning screen before allowing someone to purchase a reward with trophies?
For example "Are you sure you want to spend 900 trophies on the Manor?"
Just like we have that option with spending diamonds.

The purchase buttons are incredibly sensitive and I'm on the verge of quitting this event if I keep wasting my trophies...
Thanks in advance for your help!!!

DeletedUser26293

We are interested in hearing your thoughts and comments about the FoE Soccer Cup 2016.

Enjoy the game!
Your Forge of Empires Team
The odds on this soccer game game are horrible .... At first, I was getting some good rewards. Now though, I have spent over 100 shots and have got nothing. .... Is that the way it is supposed to be? One can only win during the first 20 shots or so of the game. ... Like honey55 I have gone to safe play on it, shooting for the 100%.... but that is just really wrong isn't it? .... Shouldn't the odds remain the same for everyone, throughout the entire game? ..... i am unhappy for having lost over 1k points being stupid enough to not simply take the safe shot :(

DeletedUser10789

Hey Everyone,
I took a few days off of these forums due to keeping my blood pressure in check with people who try to explain things when they are clearly working for "the game". On that note, please note nearly everything is over priced on this event, I said nearly. It has been said that the Shrine of "Frustration" or SOI is basically useless and not worth putting up if you are an ACTIVE PLAYER. But in hopes to test something over the past week or there abouts and he is my results. Today I M/P my Friends all 140 of them, plus 80 neighbors and then 77 guild mates. Guess how many Blue Print I had received from this M/P over the past several days, well today alone, ZERO. So, what about those drop rates.? I asked before and the issue and question was clearly over looked, or way it just not wanted to be answered. What are the Current Drop Rates for Motivating and Polishing for any and all buildings.? Then what was the Drop Rates BEFORE "the game" and "INNO" decided to introduce the Shrine of Inspiration (Notice I had to put that there or I would again NOT be answered).?

Now, Please remember that what is good for one player (a prize) may not be good for another, as we are all at different stages and levels in the game. We could all agree that the best item in the game is a Rogue Hideout and it now costs 5000 Cups. 6250 Cups for that waste of space Shrine of Inspiration and only 5k for a Rogue Hideout, now that's a deal. Still way over priced, but if you want them, they are forcing you to pay up for them. Additionally, remember that by all that is right, each prize SHOULD cycle around at least 3 times each over the course of 31 days, or unless the game wants to mess with us, very possible. That said, if you did not get a Rogue Hideout, save your cups and only do the 10 shot if need be and save them up. On my primary world, I have redeemed anything yet and I truly wish I could gift them to people in my guild, who really need some things and their luck is way worse than mine, I just am online more and spend my diamonds.

Hang in there all, it will get better, hopefully with GOOD QUALITY DEVELOPERS who actually play the game and want it to be better. After all, this is feedback right.?

Oh, lastly, where is our Diamond Sale "the game" and INNO, I mean a REAL DIAMOND SALE and not some wasted shot package or do you really want me to spend my diamond and really pay full retail, which FYI, I WON'T.

Steve - LordStevie

DeletedUser10789

Nope, was referring to the AF premium which costs 750 diamonds. 10K cups for 4K diamonds = 900 Cups for 360 diamonds which is less than half of the price. That is simple math (and a simple response ;)).

Come on ByeOrDie, let's be real here. Are you saying that EVERYONE here in this game pays REAL MONEY to play it.?
Also, are you saying that I should buy the HIGHEST LEVEL of the MOST Expensive Package I can. As you really should know, a majority of players DO NOT have 4000 Diamonds to spend on the largest package and COME ON, that is NOT FAIR to state simple math, as we both know you are WRONG YET AGAIN in an attempt to make these numbers curtail to your point, which was clearly flawed. Additionally, they say figures lie and liars figure, so go figure. Anyone can twist an argument around to prove they are correct when we all know the real answer I gave was CORRECT and NOT twisted by picking out the highest package that 95% of all players would NOT PURCHASE, or do you care to BACK IT UP with REAL NUMBERS on HOW MANY PLAYERS ACTUALLY Purchased the Cup Packages and what the breakdown was of them. Seeing that there are 3 Cup Packages offered for sale, tell us, how many purchased the lowest one, % (percentage wise) the middle package and the highest package (the one you clearly state) of each one, DO TELL. I am very curious how accurate you truly are in backing up your argument.

Lastly, how about my REAL QUESTION about the missing CUPS ON "U" World of the 25 Cups that all players started with on other worlds that I play, or are certain worlds getting cups when they started this event or not.?

Please advise and a simple response, lol. I like your style, but deflecting, really.? You are better than that.

Steve - LordStevie

planetofthehumans2

The amount of cups for each prize is extremely fair if you buy cups with diamonds, costing you half as much than if you had regularly purchased them.

However, if you're only playing the shots game then you're SOL. The amount of cups for these games is too damn low. Even in the rare instance you get even 700 cups, thats once per few days at best that you have enough shots to get there (if someone else doesn't steal it). Through the whole event, the best you can hope for is one good prize. Maybe this is the way the devs intended it - to force people to buy cups via diamonds if they want something.

There is a 0% chance that they will change this event at all in 2 years when the event comes back. Best you can do is don't spend diamonds on this event and show the devs that you don't like it!

DeletedUser26154

If the Devs gave some trophy cups AND a shot package every time you finished a soccer quest, things would be much better.

Algona

It certainly is frustrating when people don't give you enough of the free stuff that you want, I agree.

fAwesome. Best post ever?

Dear INNO,

Please close this thread after erasing my post. jaelis has won the thread. Maybe the intarweb.

kthnxbye, BlessedToHaveWitnessedSuchTranscendency

jeez, jaelis, ya gotta put warnings on posts like that, i just spewed pop all over I was laughing so hard.

Last edited:

DeletedUser26154

Tell me about it. I never shy away from shelling out the cash, for the fair price of what's worth paying for.

I've spent quite a bit of time in sales, been the number one producer in my store, district or region, more times than I can count. If people think INNO is greedy with the diamonds, they never saw me in action on a showroom floor.

Companies need to make money to keep the wheels turning, that's a fact. If what ever you are doing [for money] is not making money, it's time to shut the doors and move on to something else. INNO has to pay the bills, has to cover payrolls, taxes, buildings, utilities, this, that, and the other thing. Or this is not worth doing. One of my old sayings was "If it don't make money, it don't make sense".

"Free to Play" does not mean "Doesn't cost anything ever", to me anyway. It does allow one to pay as they go, at a rate they enjoy. I admit I get annoyed by people who proudly refuse to pay one red cent to a free to play game, then have the gall and audacity to make one demand after another because "They spend their time and that's important" blah blah blah... Or they feel haughty for one reason or another. I say to them, put your money where your mouth is, or keep quiet. Talk is cheap and so are they.

"Never fight a battle you don't have to win." Ardak Kumerin

DeletedUser14197

Can't people state their opinions without blasting others for stating theirs? The forum is not just for people who put real money into the game. If they want it to be, than they should make it so only those who pay can express their opinions. So as long as it is open to all players, all players should feel free to express their opinions. I am guessing that somehow the game makes money off of players who do not put real money into the game. If they don't, why do they let us play? Maybe they just hope that someday we will break down and put real money into the game. I don't know. It isn't likely to happen for me since I see the cost of things too expensive, especially on things like the soccer game which is basically gambling. I don't gamble, at least not with real money especially when the odds are so stacked against me as they are in this game.

So, yes, I suppose I am cheap. If the game doesn't want me to post here because I don't pay real money on the game, then THEY can tell me that they don't want to hear my opinion and than I will quit coming here and I will quit the game as well.