• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

King Amir

Story Quest Skip attempts, to get ME units in IA:

I made a test world to figure out how to lose the quest.
Things I figured out (ish):
Right now, it appears that the game runs in tutorial mode for about 1/3 of the BA quests, with the story quests influencing whether tutorial mode is done or not. Tutorial mode or not can be verified by checking the productions in supply buildings, they will be locked to 30 second productions if tutorial = true.
- More testing on this particular mechanic:
If Story is forced to stay in tutorial, will the story quest become lost upon reaching new cMap? Player that achieved ME units reported the quest loss in IA cMap, might be due to the fact that tutorial mode cannot exist in IA.
Forcing the story to stay in Tutorial could be accomplished by not constructing additional stilt houses, suspending the questline indefinitely, since BA has access to two other residential buildings.

The Conquer Another Sector quest is abortable, not unabortable as stated on the wiki. I have verified that in-game.

Still actively testing the side quest path given by the general, to see if it leads to anything. Probably not, but anything goes when trying to get higher age units.

Last edited:

WarMachineX

For the ME questline:

This did not work for me. Not only did I lose the 4 Bazooka Teams (not 3, right?), I got the research quest too. What I did was fight the first province, negotiate Natsuishu fully, and fight + negotiate the next eastern sector (Chigikawa), after which the research quest (Long Lived Man) occurred.
@UBERhelp1 Any thoughts on this?

UBERhelp1

There is photographic evidence of a player getting 2x Paratrooper (see bottom of Page 83 of this forum post). I'm trying to repeat his methodology, although he gave very little information.
Currently she's up to Stealth Tanks! But anyways, we believe she managed to do so because of a bug/issue with the questline. Until we find a way to replicate however she managed to lose the questline, we're at a dead end.

Anna-

There is photographic evidence of a player getting 2x Paratrooper (see bottom of Page 83 of this forum post). I'm trying to repeat his methodology, although he gave very little information.
Is there a way to request more information?
Please keep me informed of all your successes and failures.

KingJMobile

Screenshot 2024-04-13 at 11.57.21.png

She keeps coming back lol. Even when I'm long gone from HAU. I think I've pretty much gotten every single quest I missed out with her in between Truth or Dare and Meet Miguel Mantos.

jaymoney23456

Currently she's up to Stealth Tanks! But anyways, we believe she managed to do so because of a bug/issue with the questline. Until we find a way to replicate however she managed to lose the questline, we're at a dead end.
Is the higher age unit strategy broken then/you can't get the hovers and higher in indy/PE or am I misunderstanding the post?

UBERhelp1

Is the higher age unit strategy broken then/you can't get the hovers and higher in indy/PE or am I misunderstanding the post?
No, you can still get them in InA or PE. But she managed to get them in IA. Somehow she lost the story early on, and we don't know how to replicate that (yet?)

So I have a pretty old city in IA, which a left at the Story Quest to scout Dunarsund. It was pretty easy to loose the Story Quest. So now, just negotiate the whole old ages continent map and see what happens?

Attachments

• dunarsund.jpg
    dunarsund.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 4

jaymoney23456

No, you can still get them in InA or PE. But she managed to get them in IA. Somehow she lost the story early on, and we don't know how to replicate that (yet?)
She got them in Iron age, not like she was in Iron age at the start of GbG and then aged to indy and faced iron troops in GbG with them?

I would like to ask some questions
-did she complete the entire maps completely (old ages, industrial, progressive, modern etc.)?. Or did she use the fastest route possible, leaving provinces unscouted and unconquered?
-did she negotiate everything, or did she use the occiasional fight here and then? Esspeccially on the lower ages maps?
-any idea what's the username of this player? Since I'm on the dutch site as well, I would like to take a look at her city :).

UBERhelp1

I think it's impossible. Are you conducting research in this direction, and if so, how?
I'm not doing any research right now, but some other players are. Basically, the goal is to find a way to reliably lose the story questline early on. More or less, just screwing around with the early game to see if there's any way to do it.

I would like to ask some questions
-did she complete the entire maps completely (old ages, industrial, progressive, modern etc.)?. Or did she use the fastest route possible, leaving provinces unscouted and unconquered?
-did she negotiate everything, or did she use the occiasional fight here and then? Esspeccially on the lower ages maps?
-any idea what's the username of this player? Since I'm on the dutch site as well, I would like to take a look at her city :).
I don't know her username in game, but it's Red on Discord. She seems to be on NL3, 6, and 7. If you're asking with the previous questions on whether she did that before losing the story, no. But it seems she negotiated most of it, as IA troops don't hold up that far :)

jaymoney23456

I'm not doing any research right now, but some other players are. Basically, the goal is to find a way to reliably lose the story questline early on. More or less, just screwing around with the early game to see if there's any way to do it.

I don't know her username in game, but it's Red on Discord. She seems to be on NL3, 6, and 7. If you're asking with the previous questions on whether she did that before losing the story, no. But it seems she negotiated most of it, as IA troops don't hold up that far :)
Would losing the story quest do anything to give higher age units or what is meant by losing the story quest? For the normal way to get higher age units, one is able to bypass some of the story quests in order not to get stuck on a quest that you cannot fulfill without aging up to a higher age than PE. If the story quest was not there at all the guide to get the higher age units would not work as you need story and side quests from higher ages to get the units.

UBERhelp1

Well, is there such a way?
We don't know, that's what we're trying to find out :p

Would losing the story quest do anything to give higher age units or what is meant by losing the story quest? For the normal way to get higher age units, one is able to bypass some of the story quests in order not to get stuck on a quest that you cannot fulfill without aging up to a higher age than PE. If the story quest was not there at all the guide to get the higher age units would not work as you need story and side quests from higher ages to get the units.
Losing the story quests means just that - the story stops appearing. You only have recurring or side quests available. Usually this happens when some kind of trigger is skipped, or the logic breaks a bit. However, there are certain spots in the story that will cause the story to reappear. So if you lose the story, you can just avoid completing any side/recurring quests until you reach much higher continent maps, and then it's much more likely that when you complete a side/recurring quest, the story says "Oh! You're on that higher age's story now!" and jumps you there.

Even now, with Truth or Dare, that's essentially what we're doing. We're waiting at a place where we don't have a story quest (since Truth or Dare is a side quest) until we get further on the map, at which point we can trick the story into thinking we're farther along than we should be.