• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

UBERhelp1

I meant to say in the city I am in Indy and did too much Cmap how do I use the guide?
Yeah! So catch up the story quests to the campaign map, and then only research techs as necessary for the story. Follow through the guide from the PE info. You'll need to make sure to skip the CE provinces this time, and not complete the quest "Truth or Dare," but neither of those will be a concern until you reach the PME questline.

MaiiR

I think you might be stuck then. If you've taken the CE provinces that are marked to skip in Part 3, you won't be getting anything higher than PME. However, PME troops aren't terrible, so it could be worth a shot to get them whenever you age up to PE and get more techs to research.
I know I need to study your guide but any help with another world

So I am LMA and once again I fought all the way till I am seeing Progressive Era troops on the Cmap Province is Omoien Have not taken that yet conquered about half the sectors All of Havre is taken(green). Kriegreich is open but only one sector taken so far.

Poison in the well - (story quest) is
recruit 2 new units
Research a cultural building that unlocks a cultural building

Enemy propaganda - (bonus quest)
Pay 80,000 coins
Research a technology that unlocks a cultural building

I am at the end of LMA in the tech tree would have to advance to CA to go further

What can I do?

MaiiR

Yeah! So catch up the story quests to the campaign map, and then only research techs as necessary for the story. Follow through the guide from the PE info. You'll need to make sure to skip the CE provinces this time, and not complete the quest "Truth or Dare," but neither of those will be a concern until you reach the PME questline.
Thank you I sent message about my LMA world also Very much appreciate your help

UBERhelp1

I know I need to study your guide but any help with another world

So I am LMA and once again I fought all the way till I am seeing Progressive Era troops on the Cmap Province is Omoien Have not taken that yet conquered about half the sectors All of Havre is taken(green). Kriegreich is open but only one sector taken so far.

Poison in the well - (story quest) is
recruit 2 new units
Research a cultural building that unlocks a cultural building

Enemy propaganda - (bonus quest)
Pay 80,000 coins
Research a technology that unlocks a cultural building

I am at the end of LMA in the tech tree would have to advance to CA to go further

What can I do?
First, pause your progress on the map.

If/when you want to move up in age, catch the story up to the campaign map (to where the quests start asking you to scout/take provinces you haven't already. Then you'll be in a good spot to work with the PE section of the guide to hopefully get some PE units in CA.

MaiiR

First, pause your progress on the map.

If/when you want to move up in age, catch the story up to the campaign map (to where the quests start asking you to scout/take provinces you haven't already. Then you'll be in a good spot to work with the PE section of the guide to hopefully get some PE units in CA.
Thank you very much will do that I have the guide on my desk top now Wish I'da known about this 4 years ago

RichinZhills

Checking back in after getting to OF while still in InA. Putting in over 100 attrition in GbG with a turtle turret & hover tank. Still, have to manually battle if I don't want damage, but that's AI for you. Only on Part 3 of the OF map now, I still use a Hoover tank & 7 rogues going manually to get through. If you're new to manual battles and using the hoover tank, you need to find "plains" and move your rogues to those. Park your real unit in the corner and keep it there. Saves on having to heal them.
Otherwise, the Guide is spot on! I know it says to negotiate the first four provinces in contemporary for more diamonds, but if you're planning to rush to get your HT's, using 1 MG and 7 rogues manually through the provinces speeds things up. I do recommend getting the Stealth Tank in Tomorrow, while not as powerful as the HT, it's stealth ability eliminates ranged attacks. So as long as you place your rogue on Plains, the first attack is all that ranged/artillery will hit sans those units like the howitzer that ignore stealth abilities. Target and kill those first.
Having advanced units does give you the ability to become a bully, so fight the temptation. As more players find this guide, those older players may start complaining to Inno about how "unfair" it is that they can't pillage anymore because the advanced units are too hard to beat, go figure. They spent years pillaging the neighbors and now that they can't they get upset. But as far as PvP goes, you can get through to Crystal each season and usually rank in the top 3-4 on Age & Guild. GE5 is easily completed without negotiating or building structures. Once you get through GE5 about 4 times you get enough fragments for the forgotten temple, which really boosts your combat as well as doing a 24hr 30% attack boost in your Tavern & 20% boost with the potion. That's almost 100% attack boost right there.
So a BIG THANKS for this guide and all the work!

RedR0ck

Question: I am following the guide (Thanks Uber for your Investment in Time), I am in CA and reached the world Cmap > Negotiated Havre > Scouted 3 sectors > then began fighting in Kriegriech. I basically waiting and following the Story Quest line.

I completed the "Host the Delegates" quest, and then got served a Story Quest that is not in the list and blocking me since I am in CA.

"TOTAL WAR" / Build Military Rack from InA or PE, this blocks me....

I searched for Total War but can't find any reference to it?

I most likely did something out of sequence, I been only doing techs and map if the Story Quest tells me to....

Any insight would be valuable to my progression, thanks in advance
I've never seen that before. Inno might have added it without saying so. I doubt it was your fault.
Is there any information on this after 2021? I got this recently and would be great to figure out what I did wrong.

xivarmy

Is there any information on this after 2021? I got this recently and would be great to figure out what I did wrong.
It sounds like a quest that would come up if you attacked both sides. Which is wrong on a couple levels (invalidates you from getting some of the PE troops, and might give you this "special" quest)

xivarmy

Could you clarify "both sides" ?
The Germans (Schledorf) and the Allies (France = Joffre + Britain = Queen Lydia I) are the two sides at the start of PE map (except Havre doesn't matter, you can do what you want to that without anyone caring). You eventually want to be at war with both, but not til after you've gotten your troops. You either get conscripts for being nice to both, tanks for being nice to Schledorf and attacking the allies, or snipers for being nice to the allies and attacking the germans, or nada for attacking both early.

Note that to get tanks or snipers in colonial instead of industrial you do have to start on the "nice to both" path, and then switch at the quest blood in the trenches to attacking the one opposite who you want the present from.

Last edited:

RedR0ck

The Germans (Schledorf) and the Allies (France = Joffre + Britain = Queen Lydia I) are the two sides at the start of PE map (except Havre doesn't matter, you can do what you want to that without anyone caring). You eventually want to be at war with both, but not til after you've gotten your troops. You either get conscripts for being nice to both, tanks for being nice to Schledorf and attacking the allies, or snipers for being nice to the allies and attacking the germans, or nada for attacking both early.

Note that to get tanks or snipers in colonial instead of industrial you do have to start on the "nice to both" path, and then switch at the quest blood in the trenches to attacking the one opposite who you want the present from.
Thanks for the explanation and it seems yes I attacked both sides. That is sad because I don't think either UBER or Mooing Cat mentioned this important detail in the guides.

RedR0ck

You mean this? Part 2, in the "Unit Paths" spoiler.
View attachment 20427
Well, it wasn't clear to me that there are 2 sides and we should be careful what side we are attacking etc. Maybe should have been added as a note to the PE part. I thought I can get all those units if I don't fight on Kriegreich and Uxrow or Omoein. So I hit "both sides" besides those 3 sectors probably. That is where I made a mistake.

UBERhelp1

@UBERhelp1 @xivarmy So if I move to Indy should I be afraid of the similar situation in the future? Can I progress ahead of story progress after PE map?
No, you should be fine. In ME, it doesn't matter which side of the map you take. In PME, you need to be a tad bit more careful and follow the rules specifically set out in Part 2, the PME section.
1687118908223.png

In CE, you can fight or negotiate, but it doesn't matter other than a quest reward once you get the CE story (once you're PME or higher). Also, in both CE and TE, you have to skip provinces, which are shown in Part 3.

In FE, you have to be very careful with the map, as explained in Part 4. Be careful to negotiate with Joy Danba.

In AF, you can choose between the fighting, negotiating, and combo routes, which have different troop/tech requirements, again in Part 4.

In OF, it doesn't matter. I'd recommend fighting everything.

xivarmy

I'll add since it wasn't mentioned in uber's last post (it is in his guide, but it can never be stressed enough for someone trying this) : In the story for the last province of PME a quest will come up "Your Choice: Truth or Dare?" with very easy conditions - you want to avoid the zombie-reaction of clicking the pay-half because the collect half will complete on its own and then you'll have a checkmark hanging over your head telling you complete me complete me - and if you do, you're done!

If you want to get anything after PME in an age before PME, you must not touch this quest *until you're completely done* - neither complete nor abort. This is one of the least repairable details as if you mess it up and complete or abort it the only options are start over on a new world or advance to PME to continue. (The other unrepairable mistake being to screw up the CE map and take everything).

Other mistakes might cause you to miss out on troops that would make things easier, but you can still keep pushing forward and get the later troops.

Spectrum49

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS GUIDE! I only wish I had found it earlier. I want to help those who desire higher-aged troops - and especially Hover Tanks!

To all concerned: I'm VERY HAPPY to have Hover Tanks (and Rail Guns too) while my city is in Progressive Era. And you will be too! And that's why I suggest that anyone still in Iron, EMA, HMA, LMA or Colonial - Age-Up to Indy (and save as many Techs as you can on that Tree - until finally entering into Progressive, via the Tech Tree) ===> BEFORE following this Guide. Why?

I'm in Progressive and do GE 1-5 in about 45 minutes on the first day. And in GE5, I don't negotiate or even build anything. I simply "Defend" - and that entire Level only takes me about 5 minutes. (I always use Auto-Battle, because it's FAST AS HELL compared to Manual.)

In GBG, I RULE (also Auto-Battling) - because I'm using units 5 AGES above my Prog Era enemies!!! (And more thanks to this Guide, I do have some Arctic Future and Oceanic Future units as well - even 7 Ages above the enemy!!!) => Nevertheless - Hovers STILL do better than any of those. All I ever use now is 1 Hover & 7 Rogues => and I ROCK the map, withstanding 100+ Attrition!!!

Surely, having all those "other troops" is nice (and MG Teams will help A LOT along the route toward Hovers, as is already explained in this Guide). --- But once you get Hovers, "Nothing Else Matters". (Hmmm, I can't help hearing the lyrics to that Metallica song in my head right now - LOL!)

One thing I would like to clarify though is UBERhelp1's wording about a place in "Part 3 / CE Troops" where he says to "Skip the provinces that are marked in red." (These are Salfah and Suqqah.) Better said: AVOID THESE TWO LIKE THE PLAGUE - Don't even SCOUT them (unless asked to, which case is also covered in this Guide).

Again - unless specifically asked to - just STAY TO THE RIGHT (the East), complete the Map and then board the ship to the next Era.

Having sucessfully finished getting all the Advance-Aged Troops possible, I've since satisfied "Truth or Dare", and have moved on. I was expecting to somehow get back in the Storyline to where I could get some Contemporary Era Troops by finally Scouting and Taking those two Sectors I "skipped" earlier. However, that never happened.

Instead, I became "Tech Blocked", as was expected - even though I implicitly followed the Guide on "Returning to the PME Questline". (I gather I would only have gotten those troops if I had first Aged Up to PME or something prior to following this Guide.)

But no matter - as I wouldn't be using those anyways. As I said - HOVERS ARE ENOUGH! I'm happy now just to have 2 Recurring Questlines "feeding each other", plus a Quest I shall never complete - because I plan to CAMP in Prog forever, where I RULE the battlefield!

A big thanks to UBER (et all) for this wonderful and marvelous guide!!! I have friends in Jupiter Moon who are simply amazed at my power - who regret NEVER HAVING KNOWN this guide even existed! => I'm trying to tell EVERYONE about this - long before they even get to Colonial Age.

Okay - I've said quite enough, so I'll shut up now. I only hope I've been of some help - by writing up this "labor of love". :))))

PS: My subtitle is now: "General Bulldozer, the Gallant" - and for short, that's "GBG" - LMAO!!!

Spectrum49

How many medals/diamonds does buying 72 attempts in one season cost ? 48 cost me 41 million medals when I rushed from 9 to 64 (won 8 free attempts) a few months back. 72 must be crazy expensive.
I wouldn't suggest doing the entire GE 1-5 with medals alone unless you have no more need for medals, like after you've run out of "medal expansions", and your guild doesn't play on the "All Ages Map" in GvG, where medals are required. Personally (and not to brag) I'll frequently spend 120 diamonds for 8 turns when medals begin costing too much.

However, I'll admit that the most economic way is to be patient and do 8 at a time and then wait (at least) 8 hours to build up 8 more "free attempts". With an entire week to accomplish ALL of GE, there's plenty of free turns to accomplish that without spending either medals or diamonds.