• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

KingJMobile

Just learned something from Discord: Apparently, you won't trigger the bonus questline until you take all of Garrincton AND Las Penas. That means you can get the expansion and diamonds without having to lose a quest slot. So it seems I am still safe since I've only just scouted the neighboring provinces without actually taking Las Penas. Interesting...

Anna-

Just learned something from Discord: Apparently, you won't trigger the bonus questline until you take all of Garrincton AND Las Penas. That means you can get the expansion and diamonds without having to lose a quest slot. So it seems I am still safe since I've only just scouted the neighboring provinces without actually taking Las Penas. Interesting...
Can you give a sequence of capturing provinces?

UBERhelp1

Yes, but one you push the story how you conquered the provinces will matter and may require you to take Las Penas. I'm assuming this is while you're in CA?

KingJMobile

Yes, but one you push the story how you conquered the provinces will matter and may require you to take Las Penas. I'm assuming this is while you're in CA?
Maybe. I don't have to worry about that because my Indy Story's complete and I'm just waiting for my 2nd Police Station to be won, which is taking forever. The moral of the story is don't betray General Dee too early.
Can you give a sequence of capturing provinces?
Yeah: all I've done is scout and take a bit of Las Penas after conquering Desperation because I needed the expansion, and then just scouted the first four bonus provinces while I was at it. Bearing in mind I only did this after I realized I was stuck at the Police Stations.

-Maximus-

Does anyone know if you can "double dip/double collect," particularly with Hover Tanks? Here's why I'm asking this.

I have FE units in 3 of my cities, all of which are under FE in age.. In 2 of them, the higher age troops were obtained by the normal route - by not completing/aborting ToD and working the map/quests. In my 3rd city, I accidently completed ToD and got the PME tech block while in Indy.. Eventually, I aged up and completed the PME tech block and worked my way onward on the map. I starting collecting higher age troops until I got a CE tech block. After aging up and completing that (and staying in CE), I completed the FE map and got the full compliment of FE troops.

In one of my other cities, I got all available higher troops though OF, so I completed ToD and I now have the same PME tech block I had in my 3rd city. In theory, if I aged up and completed the PME and CE tech blocks, could I get another compliment of FE troops? I know most will say "Why do that?"....but *could* it be done or has anyone tried this?

xivarmy

Does anyone know if you can "double dip/double collect," particularly with Hover Tanks? Here's why I'm asking this.

I have FE units in 3 of my cities, all of which are under FE in age.. In 2 of them, the higher age troops were obtained by the normal route - by not completing/aborting ToD and working the map/quests. In my 3rd city, I accidently completed ToD and got the PME tech block while in Indy.. Eventually, I aged up and completed the PME tech block and worked my way onward on the map. I starting collecting higher age troops until I got a CE tech block. After aging up and completing that (and staying in CE), I completed the FE map and got the full compliment of FE troops.

In one of my other cities, I got all available higher troops though OF, so I completed ToD and I now have the same PME tech block I had in my 3rd city. In theory, if I aged up and completed the PME and CE tech blocks, could I get another compliment of FE troops? I know most will say "Why do that?"....but *could* it be done or has anyone tried this?
Shouldn't be possible. If you've already done the quests, you can backfill some of what you skipped earlier, subject to eligibility requirements, but then should skip what you've already done.

Angry.Blanket

The troops come from the FE story quest, you have already done the FE story quest.?

mintbunnies

Is the early age speed up for new towns? Or are they hitting everything below Indy? Because I lost my story quest and now it's back and telling me to build an oracle

My current story quest now is "Scientific Discovery"

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Is the early age speed up for new towns? Or are they hitting everything below Indy? Because I lost my story quest and now it's back and telling me to build an oracle

My current story quest now is "Scientific Discovery"
It should be only for new accounts, I believe. But I'm not 100% sure on that. It could be new towns too, but I haven't tested it at all and haven't heard from anyone about that.

mintbunnies

Well there goes all that work. I started 2 new towns when you dropped your video about the change with the intent that at least I have started the worlds before I got hit. I had all the normal story quests until they just suddenly stopped. And now they've restarted again telling me to research techs and build an oracle again.

LiZZya

I completed everything and made it to the blocker in OF where you cant progress anymore, is there a way to trigger the CE quest chain and get some CE units now?
I completed the Truth or Dare quests but it only triggered some Industrial age bonus quests, after completing those im getting only recurr quests.

UBERhelp1

I completed everything and made it to the blocker in OF where you cant progress anymore, is there a way to trigger the CE quest chain and get some CE units now?
I completed the Truth or Dare quests but it only triggered some Industrial age bonus quests, after completing those im getting only recurr quests.
Not until you get to OF and complete the story. It's possible it could jump back to CE at some point and give you those troops, but you wouldn't need them anyways at that point.

tiktak13

such a question, being in the Iron Age and having gone through the maps of the worlds to the ocean through negotiations, all the sectors have been captured, is it now possible to get ocean troops in the industrial era?

xivarmy

such a question, being in the Iron Age and having gone through the maps of the worlds to the ocean through negotiations, all the sectors have been captured, is it now possible to get ocean troops in the industrial era?

You can still do the PME blocker skip I'd assume, but if you took the whole CE map you probably get stuck on King of the Desert until contemporary era I think.