• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

May Day Event 2017 Feedback

DeletedUser26154

Yeah, actual game content between players would be nice instead of more events. A new type of PvP and GvG would be nice.

A great new contest would be like what @sloppyjoeslayer suggested.
A new way for us to combat, like a giant arena based on Era with all attack and defense bonuses removed.
So in this special, event arena, it's a level playing field.
All up to skill and that era's troops, with Rogues, Champs, etc.

The prizes would be for those who participate.
Get a set piece for completing so many.
Do enough during the event, and you win an entire set.

I envision, a Grand PvP pit, where we queue up and wait for combat with other live players.
8 vs 8 troops, bring what ever as long as it's that era, or No Age.
Since these events tend to have two-prize systems in place.
The Set Pieces [Grand Prizes] you get automatically with full participation.
The Daily prizes are won for best daily totals in the Grand PvP Pit Event I imagine.
And also nice Decorations that look like something related to Gladiator-Style fighting.

Then once the event is over, maybe that system stays in place.
Pure "Never See The Light Of Day" Wish List Pipe Dreams kind of request.
We're talking about a massive, game-changing total overhaul.
I mean, on a scale that's probably bigger than the game is already at.

images (9).jpg

Still, fun to think about.

DeletedUser24787

I CANNOT do those, because my progress is two ages ahead of my city age, so I have to beg, plead borrow and steal to get what I need.
sounds like you dug that hole on your own
One of my guildies has to use up ALL of his FP packs just to research the technology!
be like ardak and prepare
this "Mayploe" reward which gives happiness IS NOT WORTH the cost of finishing this event!!!
end reward gives upgraded version for finishing the questline if you do the bonus you can upgrade it again you get the base maypole just for starting doing quest 1
YOU FAILED AGAIN THIS TIME INNO!
keep calm and dont rage. skip the event and be done with it as we know by now not every event is SUPER

DeletedUser28765

I'll skip this event for the same reasons as many others here. I'm grateful when the quests offer an alternative to researching a tech, e.g. "spend 50 FP." I haven't seen alternatives to scouting/conquering provinces, but that would be nice as well.

I recognize that events are optional, and if I don't like the requirements I'm always free to skip them. So I'm not here to rage about that.

I am, however, sad about the loss of a part of this game. When I first started playing, I really enjoyed opening new provinces and following the storylines on the campaign map. I rushed ahead, trading for exotic goods to enable my thirst for exploration. I was young and naive and poor, so even the coin rewards for winning a province were exciting.

And then I realized that provinces are the "currency" needed for events, and all of that ground to a halt. Now I never explore the map for fun -- only when required to by an event. Even tech advancement used to be exciting in its own right, whereas now I review my tech tree to calculate "how many events can I afford to participate in."

I assume Inno added these requirements to encourage players to keep moving up in eras. But I wonder if they realize that for some of us, instead of opening up new game content, it closed off parts of the game and somehow made the world feel smaller.

DeletedUser28903

They are getting bad with this, that damn tree event ugh, like I need a massive flower pop up every time I collect a tree, just add the damn things to my inventory like medals, quit trying to impress with flashy sparkly do-dads for every collection of every item ever! :mad: and like I need to see every tavern I sit in:eek: completely game stopping notifications for achievements:confused: Can I play the game and stop X'ing out crap!:rolleyes: Now excuse me while I go click 10,000 times to aid people:( Wait before I do that I have to confirm that I want to cancel this recurring questo_O damn, my left click button broke, well no GvG tonight, bah, just lag anyway;)
I LOVED the tree explosions. As to the achievement pop-ups, I just discovered those can be turned off from the alerts thingy, which has a zillion preferences you can uncheck.

DeletedUser

To me, the events are just another option like PvP, GvG and GE (including level 4). No one is forcing you to do them. It keeps the game interesting instead of the same old routine while camping out or for those who have finished the continent map and tech. The prizes haven't been that great as of lately but they are still fun to win and free although most will sit in inventory for some. I'd rather hear that we have too many events rather than begging for one to come along. Give Inno some credit, they are providing many options for gameplay. I would have quit a long time ago if there was only one way to play.

DeletedUser26965

events are just another option like PvP, GvG and GE
eesh, it sure does say something when the core of their game is considered an "option" and likened to events. Regardless, saying events are an option while true practically, even playing the game itself is an option, competitively speaking it's getting to where one feels more and more compelled to do them and of course spend money for diamonds to take full advantage of them. According to that ad infested wikia page they had seven events in 2013 now they have twice that many. Events not gameplay, gameplay would be actually doing something like PvP, GvG or GE, that is, some reason or purpose to it all.

DeletedUser2355

If the information on the wiki is accurate, I'll need to research 2 techs, in order to get a bunch of random rewards (which I can get from quest loops), a reno kit, 3 boost crates, and the maypole. IIRC, there have been 3 tech research event quests in approximately the last month. Maybe 2 months.

I'm not ready to advance to the next age. I couldn't become ready even by spending RL $ on diamonds. (Some things cannot be purchased.)

Fortunately, even the best Maypole compares rather poorly with a similar sized cultural building - unless you also need the coins it can produce. I have so many coins people tell me I should go wild buying FP, so the coin benefit doesn't attract me.

So I'll be skipping this event.

Thanks for at least making the 5 year anniversary event available to those unwilling to research another tech.

I am evented out. I have spoken with other players who feel the same. The constant flow of events has become tiresome and annoying. The quests are all the similar or repetitive. Not so much challenging and fun, just sort of annoying. The prizes aren't so hot either. Time to give it a break Inno.

DeletedUser28670

I have become tired with the large amount of events in a short time. It is really rushing my Quest Looping: I just went over to IA for the previous event, I judged the prizes good enough. Now? After I almost just finished the IA tech tree? Another event, almost immediately following the previous. The prize is alluring, but it would be more alluring with a bit more time between this event and the previous.

Algona

TO! INNO! Pay attention, Talrus nailed it perfectly.

I'll skip this event for the same reasons as many others here. I'm grateful when the quests offer an alternative to researching a tech, e.g. "spend 50 FP." I haven't seen alternatives to scouting/conquering provinces, but that would be nice as well.

I recognize that events are optional, and if I don't like the requirements I'm always free to skip them. So I'm not here to rage about that.

I am, however, sad about the loss of a part of this game. When I first started playing, I really enjoyed opening new provinces and following the storylines on the campaign map. I rushed ahead, trading for exotic goods to enable my thirst for exploration. I was young and naive and poor, so even the coin rewards for winning a province were exciting.

And then I realized that provinces are the "currency" needed for events, and all of that ground to a halt. Now I never explore the map for fun -- only when required to by an event. Even tech advancement used to be exciting in its own right, whereas now I review my tech tree to calculate "how many events can I afford to participate in."

I assume Inno added these requirements to encourage players to keep moving up in eras. But I wonder if they realize that for some of us, instead of opening up new game content, it closed off parts of the game and somehow made the world feel smaller.

Maybe the best Event Feedback post I've read? The last question brought into focus fpr me the problems folk have with the Bad 3 Quests. U'll repeat is so you don;t even hace to click to expand.

I wonder if they realize that for some of us, instead of opening up new game content, it closed off parts of the game and somehow made the world feel smaller.

Saggas

Spend money? I don't mind spending a reasonable amount money while playing the game. (A 'reasonable amount' depends on one's disposable funds.) The game was designed, and is offered, to make someone money.

I do mind attempts to coerce me into playing the game the way someone else wants me to play.

Keep the Events coming. I'll pick and choose the one in which I participate.

DeletedUser28897

My city is in endgame and set up to produce 8-10m gold/day so this is a solid benefit to me. It will replace a wishing well. Perhaps it is part of running a higher end city but at most these events slightly inconvenience me.

DeletedUser24719

I have been complaining about the number of events, the total lack of creativity and the useless rewards for what can be weeks of repetitive "Quests" since I started playing this game. The only single event worth pursuing in my opinion was the Easter event 2016. Somehow INNO found a way to screw that up too! Bottom line is INNO devs will never listen to player feedback because their goal is MONEY and how to take it from you. This game has been totally destroyed by added crap like the tavern which is nothing but a chore for a few tavern coins. The best thing to do is just not participate in these useless events.

DeletedUser24719

As an addendum to my previous post these are not quests rather they are chores, tasks or achievements at best BUT they are not quests