• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New rewards from Antiques Dealer - feedback

DeletedUser28753

This is a nice improvement, but the best would be if we could use Antique dealer to sell what we don't use or like to the other players so that they can get them directely with some kind of fee given to the dealer for each trade.
Should not be too difficult to add this possibility within each world.

qaccy

This is a nice improvement, but the best would be if we could use Antique dealer to sell what we don't use or like to the other players so that they can get them directely with some kind of fee given to the dealer for each trade.

Doesn't really have anything to do with how 'difficult' it is to add. Inno just doesn't want to allow players to trade items between each other, as it's something that could cause significant problems with game balance as well as potential issues within the community regarding who feels like they 'deserve' to receive things from other players.

Algona

How many FP am I offered for a complete Cherry Garden Set? It's CE Era, will it produce CE Goods if bought by an IA player?

How many FPs should I charge a player for an SoK? Think the folks running Diamond Farms might be interested in all the WWs, WWSKs, and FoYs I'll never use?

Maybe instead of HS in EMA they might want to buy a Zeppelin? Buy Premium Housing instead of building a Capitol? How are the 'Collect X Coins and X Supplies' RQs influenced by advanced Era Premium Housing and Production Buildings?

How much will every player pay for a SAM Champ Retreat? A SAM lvl 5 Timeless Dojo?

All pretty good reasons for it not being quite so simple, nor good for the game. But the real reason INNO will prolly not do so:

Although it's explicitly against rules to sell Resources for cash, allowing players to trade anything to anybody will open up a black market. That's an increased cost to INNO for increased enforcement and a loss of sales.

DeletedUser38454

How about adding an Olympic Treasury upgrade kit as well? I lack the final one, despite playing every day during the event. It'd be great being able to slap down one of those bad boys :)

i2McAbre

It would be nice if the payouts on Auctions were a little better then they are. I got 30 plus years in retail sales guys... Your "MARGINS" are obscene!

:p:eek::p

You give me 01-03 Gems for mine but I gotta pay you 30 to 50 gems for yours?

DeletedUser30312

How about adding an Olympic Treasury upgrade kit as well? I lack the final one, despite playing every day during the event. It'd be great being able to slap down one of those bad boys :)

That event just finished recently. I wouldn't expect to see it for at least 6-12 months in the AD, which is only fair to the people who did the work in the event and earned the full building. Also, people who spend money on events probably won't be happy to see event prizes show up in the AD too soon, and angering them is not good for Inno over the long run.

DeletedUser

What's the estimated time of arrival?
Announcement said that this feature will be turned on after Changelog 1.173 is activated, and Changelog 1.173's announcement said that it will come to the browser version on Wednesday, March 4th (2020). Mobile app will get it sometime after that, due to having to go through third-party vendors.

BaltoBrawler

Sort of like a Second-Hand store or Pawn Shop?

RazorbackPirate

This is good, but I'm still waiting for the Crow's Nest Upgrades.
Which we won't see in the AD until sometime after the Summer Event. It appears the pattern moving forward is to offer the previous year's main prize as a secondary prize the following year, once it's run the second time in an event, it then moves to the AD.

Colossus - Main prize FB 2019, secondary prize FB 2020, AD a month or so afterward.
Piazza Set - Main prize Carnival 2019, secondary prize St. Patty's, AD a month or so afterward.

I would not expect Crow's nest to appear until sometime this fall.

birdlvr

Runestone pieces, PLEASE!!!! I can't finish the quests in time to get pieces (seriously, unless you live on the game, I'm not sure anyone can). Please, please, please offer pieces from the Ship quests!

birdlvr

Then nobody would even try to do the settlements in time, why would they do that?
I've tried. I'm now on the 28th time of trying. I have yet to complete it in time. Like I said, unless you live on the game I don't think it is possible to finish the quest in time. Especially when the more you play it the harder it is to finish in time.

Algona

I've tried. I'm now on the 28th time of trying. I have yet to complete it in time.

Have you read UBER's superb Guide on Settlements?

Good luck!

DeletedUser

I've tried. I'm now on the 28th time of trying. I have yet to complete it in time. Like I said, unless you live on the game I don't think it is possible to finish the quest in time. Especially when the more you play it the harder it is to finish in time.
I only have one question: Why? Meaning why are you bothering. I've finished the first 15 run-throughs of Vikings on 4 different worlds, and on none of them did I bother with the Runestone fragments. I think I accidentally finished in time to get some on one world, and then of course I got the compensatory ones that everyone got. They aren't worth stressing over. Keep calm and move on to Feudal Japan. :)

DeletedUser40236

I'm going to be in the minority here: but I strongly dislike the new upgrades to SoK. It reeks of power creep. SoKs are already the "baseline" to which event buildings are compared. 1 FP per 4 squares (ignoring roads). And they are still strong enough that almost all players have them. So why upgrade it? Unless you are going to somehow limit the number that can be upgraded, this just means that so many other buildings are going to be relegated to garbage status.

On a positive note, the artwork for it is beautiful.

Edit: Okay, now that I've had time to think about this, I feel I can better express myself.

It feels rewarding to replace a SoK. Every time you replace one, you know your city just got better. It's amazing! Event buildings replace them and you look and go, "yeah, now I'm getting 3 more FP out of the same amount of squares, plus some goods and whatever else". It's nice. But now... we'll be re-evaluating those very event buildings to see if they are worthwhile any more. That great feeling when we replaced SoKs with that new building? Now we'll be replacing those buildings with SoKs. It feels like we've regressed. Yes, our city gets much stronger, of course, but to go in a circle where it was: SoK -> really cool building -> back to SoK. That kind of circular progression just isn't fun.

Now, I realize that we won't have level 2 SoKs like crazy right out of the gate. At least I hope not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Graviton

I've tried too. I gave up trying to get the Runestone, and I'm fine with "just" the Yggdrasil. I have no desire for the Runestone. None of that changes the fact that the Runestone is unique to the Viking settlement, and is the only reason players even try to do it within the given timeframe, and therefore Inno would never offer it in any other way.