• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Pay Diamonds to Change Continent Deposit Bonus

Triopoly Champion

Proposal:
I'd really like to produce the types of goods of what I truly want. If players can purchase each blueprint for 200 diamonds, why not be able to manually pick or switch a continent deposit bonus for 200 diamonds, or own a Great Building specially for the customization of them.

Current System:
There's no way to tweak the deposits once the continent bonus were randomly picked. Inno will for surely earn more money by allowing more player customization.

Details:
Say If I want Granite, but the random choice gives me Gold, I can spend 200 diamonds to change that.

Also, it'll be the best if I can build a Great Building that offers more continent deposit bonus of my choice depends on its level.

Passive bonus:
+1 continent deposit bonus at level 2
+2 continent deposit bonus at level 5
+3 continent deposit bonus at level 10
+4 continent deposit bonus at level 20
+5 continent deposit bonus at level 40
+6 continent deposit bonus at level 70
+7 continent deposit bonus at level 100 (consider how many blueprints required)

Happiness, medal, supply or coin boosts can be other benefits.

Abuse Prevention:
Still, no players can have a monopoly of all the goods since only 1 Great Building of a type is allowed. Takes a long time to level up Great Buildings to 100.

Other:
I like stone and limestone deposits a lot, I know some people never want to produce them just skip the bonus benefits.

When I chat in Mount Killmore global, new players just ran to me and said "need stones".

I always want to produce the most rare goods of the Era, so I can trade them and help other players at the same time.

Last edited:

DeletedUser28670

cough, your proposal needs to be in the Proposal Section to be taken seriously, cough

Freshmeboy

Your last comment was the reason why INNO would never consider this proposal....the design of the game is for certain goods to be 'rare'...INNO wants players across the server to be light in goods and for impatience to play its part in diamond usage. To thwart this, guilds institute fair trading rules and players camp in eras to greet each upcoming class that races through the ages blindly but has 'rare' goods to trade...while I understand its intent, I don't see it getting past the bean counters...Refreshing and innovative proposal though....keep em' coming...

Triopoly Champion

I got continent bonus of stone, limestone and ebony in Mt. Killmore, that's just like ruling the entire society of Bronze and Iron Age.

I have an EMA Black Tower which provides 1 goods of each EMA type daily.

If Inno wants players to get short on certain goods, why are they selling buildings like Fishing Huts and Kiosk to allow players to overcome the goods rarity and almost never run out of them?

Freshmeboy

That's a very good question and one that I believe part of INNO's strategy to level the playing field for newer players while not sacrificing their rare goods template that obviously spurs diamond use....My opinion is that INNO is creating more event buildings that pop fps and goods like candy to allow new players to gain power quickly rather than look at rankings and think they will NEVER be able to compete...the Arc is also part of this strategy. Get players to build forge point cities with ample goods production and raise GBs quickly as they rise through the ages. In the past, GB leveling was a slog and goods and fps tough to get...that has all changed due to the events...

Triopoly Champion

Actually allow diamond purchase to change continent deposit bonus will make the certain goods rarity even more polar. Stone productions will be much less.

I like stone and limestone masons too much that I've often been criticized by other players.

New players may keep spending diamonds(until depleted) to just keep changing continent deposit bonus from granite to alabaster to honey ...... then back to granite because they can only have 2 per era at once.

If I change from copper-gold to granite-alabaster, I'll lose the previous pair. Definitely tear down the copper foundry and goldsmith, then build the granite and alabaster masons.

Trading goods are only more balanced if the players know how to manage them.

Shrine of Knowledge creates forge points that's why it has been so popular. Inno has earned more money for advancing players faster in this case.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Moderator Luci1904 asked me to post ideas in the forge hall first to get the feedbacks before the threads to be moved to the proposal section.
Unfortunately, this idea will never get past this stage because any proposal involving Diamonds is on the "Do Not Suggest List".

Triopoly Champion

The new type of Great Building part won't involve diamonds. I want to find a path to get the desired continent deposit bonus I want and wondering which idea will work.

DeletedUser

The new type of Great Building part won't involve diamonds. I want to find a path to get the desired continent deposit bonus I want and wondering which idea will work.
Neither idea will work. It's an intentional game mechanic that provides a good part of the challenge of the game and stands little chance of ever being changed. A game without challenges is not a game.

Triopoly Champion

Something must be very easy to me in Mount Killmore. I have a limestone mason and an ebony woodwork with 0 EMA and 0 HMA continent deposit bonus which I try to test the real powers of this pair of 4x4 Iron Age goods buildings.

I trade up my 40 limestone or 40 ebony for 20 EMA goods of a type. I'm almost into LMA now, tons of goods in each era from Bronze Age to HMA.

I also trade up my 40 stones for 20 cloth or jewelry, then people just grab them quickly.

For some reason, I can support my HMA city with only Iron Age goods productions. Other people in EMA complained about how hard for them to advance on the tech tree.

Freshmeboy

You are camping is why...Understand that each new class of players starting the game has a certain 'rare' good in that class..it isn't always the same. Camping out allows several of these 'classes' to be in your hood and guild and friend list so you can trade for those you lack....

DeletedUser26532

Other's have already addressed the intended "rarity" of certain goods at certain times, and the overabundance of others, so I'll point to the other problems.

While you only get two boosts in the lower ages, in the higher ages when there are refined goods, you get boosts for the remaining lower age goods on the map and will eventually acquire all the boosts. While that may not matter for you in the early ages, it means that having the ability to alter your bonuses early on messes with the later distribution as well. And having a great building to give you boosts that you have not earned on the continent map will never happen.

Secondly, I believe altering diamond usage is on the Do Not Suggest List.

But pretending for a minute that that is allowed, the cost would be prohibitive. A single blueprint costs only 200 diamonds because they're easy to get. Donate to a few other GBs for another two weeks, trade the spares and you'll get it. Same reason FP are relatively cheep from diamonds - because they're cheep from coins.

But now look at how much a SINGLE GOOD costs in diamonds. To change the deposit gives you 8 extra goods per building per 8 hours. 24 goods per day. While your net goods production is of course the same, being able to change it to get "rarer" goods would be in the magniture of 1000s of diamonds to be in scale with other uses in the game. Its as valuable as an extra expansion to a camper.

It's an interesting idea that simply cannot work and is, with all respect, not a good one.

----------------

Also, mildly off-topic, but to those who are commenting how events have changed the game by increasing the availability of FP and goods through event buildings, that is quite right. However, there's a substantial difference.

When players started 5 years ago, the highest they had to get was (I believe) Colonial, roughly 1 million points would be an end game player, there were no GBs at all, etc.

Then over time more eras got added (on the 14th now I believe), top players have in the 50-100s of millions of points, there are lets round to 30 GBs. Early players were able to build up their productions as they went to meet these new challenges. New players are so vastly behind without the event boosts it would be impossible to catch up without thousands spent in diamonds.

The addition of event buildings really just offsets all the other developments to somewhat level the playing field (but not really because top players use them too to keep the gap wide).

The big problem with the number of event buildings we are getting s that they are releasing far more than anyone has space for. While yes, a major part of this game is choosing what to build, what to tear down, and what to never build, it would be nice if we at least had the option to place most of the event buildings if we chose to. While we can't propose a mechanism for additional expansions, Inno really does need to think of a way to add even 2 a year through events to offset the event buildings.

Triopoly Champion

The 1st and 2nd diamond expansions cost 200, 3rd and 4th cost 400 diamonds.

10 diamonds for each Future Era goods, I know this one.

Last edited:

DeletedUser30312

No. The whole random nature is part of the game's challenge.

Does the distribution of deposits suck sometimes? You bet it does! Looks at what the game has given my main city:

BA: Stone, Dye
IA: Jewelry, Ebony
EMA: Honey, Alabaster
HMA: Glass, Salt
LMA: Basalt, Brass
CA: Tar, Porcelain

Ugh. Of those, Stone, Ebony, Basalt, Brass, Tar and Porcelain are bigger than the other goods building of their age, which gives me less reason to want to build them. No space saving goods like Iron, Rope, or Paper. I did get a break with Honey, since it's the smallest EMA good, but I've never even researched the EMA goods, leaving them for event requirements. Instead, I use GBs and special buildings, exploit recurring quests, plunder my neighbors, and trade for what I need. I have sufficient goods for my needs.

Jools1956

Proposal:
I'd really like to produce the types of goods of what I truly want. If players can purchase each blueprint for 200 diamonds, why not be able to manually pick or switch a continent deposit bonus for 200 diamonds, or own a Great Building specially for the customization of them.

Current System:
There's no way to tweak the deposits once the continent bonus were randomly picked. Inno will for surely earn more money by allowing more player customization.

Details:
Say If I want Granite, but the random choice gives me Gold, I can spend 200 diamonds to change that.

Also, it'll be the best if I can build a Great Building that offers more continent deposit bonus of my choice depends on its level.

Passive bonus:
+1 continent deposit bonus at level 2
+2 continent deposit bonus at level 5
+3 continent deposit bonus at level 10
+4 continent deposit bonus at level 20
+5 continent deposit bonus at level 40
+6 continent deposit bonus at level 70
+7 continent deposit bonus at level 100 (consider how many blueprints required)

Happiness, medal, supply or coin boosts can be other benefits.

Abuse Prevention:
Still, no players can have a monopoly of all the goods since only 1 Great Building of a type is allowed. Takes a long time to level up Great Buildings to 100.

Other:
I like stone and limestone deposits a lot, I know some people never want to produce them just skip the bonus benefits.

When I chat in Mount Killmore global, new players just ran to me and said "need stones".

I always want to produce the most rare goods of the Era, so I can trade them and help other players at the same time.
Uhmmm, did you ever consider that maybe the different goods available on the continent map are not random - in fact they may be spread throughout the players in that era so all goods are available? By your method - if all players want to produce gold (a bit of an exaggeration), where are the other goods supposed to come from?

Triopoly Champion

If everyone starts to produce golds, then it won't sell great at all after a while, so players will have to spend more diamonds to switch their continent deposit bonus again.

Orius Maximus, I'd take your production rights of Basalt, Brass and Porcelain immediately if I can trade.

If I can spend 1,400 diamonds, I'll pick this set.
BA: Stone, Marble
IA: Limestone, Ebony
EMA: Granite, Alabaster
HMA: Glass, Salt
LMA: Basalt, Brass
CA: Tar, Porcelain

I never want to produce irons, there are already too many of them on the market.

Last edited: