• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Smallville and Tiny Town

DeletedUser

I am now half way through the Future heading for Oceanic Future. I just love tiny town.

DeletedUser35475

What a cool idea. I just started a new city and might give it a whirl.

I assume you put a self restricted limit on how many expansions you use to keep it a 'small' town. What is a good limit to use?

DeletedUser35475

Thanks.
I think I already added 1 expansion but I suppose I could just not put anything in it to start. This will certainly try my patience!

DeletedUser3882

Patience I don’t think is quite the right word! :) That’s a big reason I scrapped the plan is that expansion is waaaaay too tempting to just place something there during a rearrange, or whatever, and move it out before anyone notices! Defeats the purpose and the challenge...

DeletedUser35475

Patience I don’t think is quite the right word! :) That’s a big reason I scrapped the plan is that expansion is waaaaay too tempting to just place something there during a rearrange, or whatever, and move it out before anyone notices! Defeats the purpose and the challenge...

Maybe I will just add 1 expansion for each age I go up. It still should be a challenge but I could build a GB or 2 and put down a few event buildings if I get any. I just am not use to waiting to get 2,000 coins anymore. I had to wait for my TH to regenerate to get it yesterday :)

Praetorius

I'm having a bit of a dilemma with the Summer event. I need to remove either the palace set or the winter set to fit the ship and I'm not sure which would give the best result.

I've come up with a few ideas on how to refit my town after the event. And I need some advice and opinions.

Option 1
Remove: Winter Set, Statue Set
Add: Trader Ship, 2 Sunken Treasure
TT1.png

Option 2
Remove: Palace Set, Statue Set
Add: Royal Ship, 2 Sunken Treasure
TT2.png

Option 3
Remove: Winter Set, Statue Set, Confectionary
Add: Trader Ship, Sunken Treasure, Cider Mill (total city remodel)
TT3.png

These are what I came up with. Which do you think might be best or do my plans suck and you see something better that I don't?

DeletedUser27889

And I need some advice and opinions.
I would go with option 1 or 3, removing XMas set. Cider mill is better than confectionary I do believe.

I would think the Pirate Ship would be better for you due to the attack bonus. Since you have zeus i'm assuming you battle there and can't fit CDM/COA. TA might be a good option for a tiny town that fights.

Also, the Kiosk only gives 5 goods so I'd think you may be better served by doing another level of or two of LoA to make up for it to clear room.

Just my opinion of course. I love to see updates on these Tiny Towns.

Praetorius

I would go with option 1 or 3, removing XMas set. Cider mill is better than confectionary I do believe.

I would think the Pirate Ship would be better for you due to the attack bonus. Since you have zeus i'm assuming you battle there and can't fit CDM/COA. TA might be a good option for a tiny town that fights.

Also, the Kiosk only gives 5 goods so I'd think you may be better served by doing another level of or two of LoA to make up for it to clear room.

Just my opinion of course. I love to see updates on these Tiny Towns.

Thank you for the input, Manda.

I think the two biggest biggest challenges in working a tiny town are making the most of the limited space you have and resource gathering restricted by said space.

With the advent of things like Pillar of Heroes and Tholos of Idols, sets don't seem as practical to me as they once were. You can get similar productions in a smaller building by comparison and in a tiny town you need to find ways to get the best bang for buck with the space you have. (Even the Kiosk, SoKs, and - as much as I don't like to say it- the Cherry Set may be up for getting the axe in making better use of the space.)

For comparison:

The full palace set gives me 6 FP and 10 goods for 32 spaces. The Royal Ship gives 6 FP and 10 goods for 21 space.
My winter set gives me 3 FP and 13 goods for 23 spaces while the Trader Ship gives 3 FP and 20 goods for 21 spaces.

Also, it's much easier to work around a singular building like the Tholos than it is a set where tampering with one part messes with the whole set. For this event I stored my Tholos and had a nice area to put buildings needed for the quests like blacksmiths for production and a strike team center for that one 'build barracks' quest. Also doing away with sets gives me more room to work with for future events.
The fall event has its own version of the ship as the big prize

DeletedUser3882

The fall event has its own version of the ship as the big prize
That would be the “preposterous” cider mill??

I agree with your reasoning and with that, I’d try keep the Palace set just because it seems to me to be easier to work with/rearrange.

DeletedUser31592

For the question, I like option 1.

Now about this Prosperous CIder Mill. I see someone in Beta used an old upgrade on their Bountiful CIder Mill. It makes 4 FPs now. DId it increase the footprint? If so, which direction? 4x5 or 3x6? I sure hope it goes to 4x5 if it gets bigger.... 3x6 is going to be tough for me to arrange into my city!!!

Praetorius

For the question, I like option 1.

Now about this Prosperous CIder Mill. I see someone in Beta used an old upgrade on their Bountiful CIder Mill. It makes 4 FPs now. DId it increase the footprint? If so, which direction? 4x5 or 3x6? I sure hope it goes to 4x5 if it gets bigger.... 3x6 is going to be tough for me to arrange into my city!!!
Judging from the picture, I'd say 3x6.

Last edited:

Praetorius

Like the summer event, I'm having a bit of a dilemma. This time I'm trying to decide which version of the Mill might be best for my tiny town. I've been leaning towards the Aqua Mill (blasphemy I know) since my biggest need is for goods but I'm not entirely sure. What do you think?
C1cOT5K.png