• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Smallville and Tiny Town

DeletedUser27889

2fp for 5 goods. I would think it would be cheaper to buy the goods using the FP. Unless one of the ideas of the tiny town is to remain self sufficient. Assuming you're still in FE and it's an established world I don't know how much your FE is going for but over on mine since VF came out you can now get an arc kit for about 350.

So to math it out using those numbers:
Arc is 1875 goods, @ 350 FP that's more than 5 goods per FP. Choosing Aqueous over Colorful would be twice as expensive than buying the goods. Or to put it another way it would take you 117 days using the FP of Colorful alone to buy 1875 goods (and you'd sill be getting 585 goods from the collection) it would take you 188 days for Aqueous to provide you with 1875 goods.

Praetorius

I make 66 FE goods, 20 TE goods, and 27 FP per day in my town (not counting incidents, quests and GE rewards). I've been relying solely on my own productions for the FE goods and trading FP and PME goods from my GBs for TE goods and I am more than halfway thru the FE tech tree and my only slowdown stems from diverting FP into trades.

I concede to your logic. Color Mill just makes too much sense to ignore.

As a side note: have you noticed the FP variants of the Mill and Ship seem to have higher stats than the other variants?

If 5 goods equates to 1 FP statwise, the stats of the ships come out to:
Royal 6+2(10 goods) =8
Trader 3+4(20 good) = 7
Pirate 4+3(15 good) = 7

It's even more pronounced with the Mills:
Colorful 3+1 (5 good) = 4
Sunflower 2+1.4 (7 good) = 3.4
Aqueous 1 + 2 (10 good) = 3

Praetorius

Small update to the town.
untitled.png

Swapped out the confectionery and kiosk and moved the cherry set down to make room for the Colorful Mill and the 2nd cider mill.

UBERhelp1

Finally decided to start one of these. It's in Zorskog. Started it a while ago as a semi-diamond farm (create the world, get 20 diamonds from the 'buy a FP quest' and delete world) and decided to reincarnate it as a Tiny Town.
upload_2019-1-7_18-59-26.png
Currently working on leveling my oracle. As I'm low on supplies (literally 0), I don't have the houses on the bottom row as chalets yet. Main goal is to get diamonds from all possible recurring quests before moving on to next age. Hoping to get a Zeus/ToB/LoA soon.

Also, thinking about it a Tiny Town/Smallville is kinda like the cultural settlements. If anyone can complete a Cultural Settlement in the original 8x8 area and get first place without using diamonds... my hat's off to you.

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Small update. End of BA tech tree, waiting for my RQs to return diamonds before moving on to IA. I left the school because I don't need more happiness, and I prefer the look of it over the Tavern. Oracle at level 3, going to get it to level 4 to complete an RQ with every of it's productions.
upload_2019-1-10_19-20-34.png

UBERhelp1

Moved up into IA on the last day of the FB event. Now my city looks like this:
upload_2019-2-4_16-54-10.png
Current plans: Replace the blacksmiths with archer barracks, and also remove those houses to make room for rogue hideouts that I don't have yet :(. The slinger range has got to go as well. I'm going to get my Babel and Zeus to level 10, and hopefully by that time I have all the prints for a lighthouse. Other than that, I'm just going to see what happens. I plan to camp in IA for a while and gather BP/level my GB higher. Depending on the happiness needs, that Oracle might stay a while.

DeletedUser38146

Hello everyone, funny to see that my little project on EN world has inspired you guys to also have a go at it. I'm actually flattered haha

Back when I started my Smallville on EN1, the Future era was the highest one, and my goal was to reach the end of the tech tree. It took me about two years to get there, but it was a fun ride for sure. It taught me a lot about optimizing city space usage, and micro-managing resources, which definitely benefited me on my main world(s).

Needless to say, when I did my run, there were no guild expeditions, or multi-level event buildings yet. These space-saving additions to the game will definitely benefit you now, if you also decide to have a go at it.

I quit playing it after I reached the Arctic Future, because I had already exceeded the goal that I had set out to achieve. So huge props to those of you who took this further than I have. Well done.

If I were to do this again, my speed-run strategy would be to build an Arc and Dynamic Tower as fast as possible.
Dynamic Tower high-age goods are worth a lot when traded down, so that's one problem solved. The lower your age is, the more powerful the DT is as a GB, so definitely worth the investment if you're just starting this out.
And then of course I'd use the Arc to get rich on FP, and use those FP to purchase more goods from other players, to progress through the ages without any head aches. But it requires a lot more effort than just logging in for daily harvest, of course.

I didn't do that on my Smallville project, because I wanted to see if it was possible to do it without any outside help. It added more of a challenge, without taking these shortcuts, of course. It takes a lot longer, but it makes it a greater accomplishment in my view, to be self-supporting like that.

Anyway, I'll check back every now and then to see how you guys are doing, I'm curious how it all turns out. Good luck and keep it up!

DeletedUser38146

Oh, and don't forget - always post your city screenshots in build mode, so everyone can see that you really didn't add any expansions ;)

qaccy

I didn't do that on my Smallville project, because I wanted to see if it was possible to do it without any outside help. It added more of a challenge, without taking these shortcuts, of course. It takes a lot longer, but it makes it a greater accomplishment in my view, to be self-supporting like that.

I think this is the appeal for me as well. Building GBs ahead of your age or similar things like spending diamonds to get around the inherent challenges of a 16x16 town defeats the purpose in my book.

DeletedUser32328

I started my Tiny Town over a year ago. But for a long time I spent very little time on it. So at the beginning of December I had this boring town.
Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 22.17.11.png

Made more of an effort during the Winter Event and as a result I was able to pick up a bunch of Sleigh Builders, which will be of great help during future events as well as help out with goods, and got the fully upgraded Spire. This is when I had a bit of facepalm moment, discovering I had apparently done the Fall event and forgotten all about it. So I put that Mill in as well.

Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 21.43.36.png
Can't put a full cherry blossom garden set, but by putting the Sakura Rock next to the Emperor's Entrance, I get enough happiness from the former so that my people are enthusiastic and an FP from the latter.

Finally put in my Colossus today:
Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 22.03.51.jpg
Thanks @tuttipizze for the tip on opening build menu. No cheating here :)
Colossus population made my citizens angry. So I upgraded the roads and the Sakura Rock so that they are content. I will live with that as I will be moving up to HMA relatively soon and then I can upgrade the roads again and the Sakura too.