• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Smallville and Tiny Town

Made a second one on Walstrand. This is at the end of Bronze Age, after the jump to Iron Age...

SKFZ8FF.jpg

Trying a variation on Tiny Town/Smallville using limited expansions capped at 32x16 or 2 times the size of Tiny Town. I am calling it the Doubleton Experiment. It will be an alternative to cramped, confining Tiny Town which is very limiting. I am still working out the limits, timing of permitted expansions and such. For now, this town will stay No Expansion until the end of Iron Age and possibly not expand until the start of EMA.

DeletedUser21322

When and if you try something like this please keep in mind the game rules state that you should not have 2 different names within the same world. So please choose a different world then the one you usually play in.

DeletedUser25273

The Idea of a Tiny Town has sounded intriguing. Did I hear that some world has a Tiny Town Guild? I imagine that a Tiny Towner doesn't fit well in a lot of active guilds.

DeletedUser8152

The Idea of a Tiny Town has sounded intriguing. Did I hear that some world has a Tiny Town Guild? I imagine that a Tiny Towner doesn't fit well in a lot of active guilds.
The Tiny Towners, on P world! We're up to level 4 now :)

I think it is pretty fun, and a rather different experience than the regular game. Things like event questlines become real puzzles to figure out how to complete.

Doubleton Phase Two

ZFk4CUf.jpg

I have reached the end of the Iron Age. This is the first and biggest of three expansions. It is a total of 8 expansions in two rows of four. You may have noticed the long road on the edge of the town. That road serves as a dividing line between the old town and the new part. It also serves to make this more challenging.

The new part of the city is for Barracks, Goods buildings, decorations, and the Temple of Relics only. No Houses, supply buildings, cultural buildings, or any other Great Building is allowed in the new side of town.

Phase Three will be a set of 4 expansions at the start of the Colonial Age to accommodate the bigger and sometimes odd shape of barracks and goods buildings. The Fourth and Final Phase is only for adding an Alcatraz and will be a set of 4 expansions.

DeletedUser

Joe this is a possible arrangement of your town. It has everything you have plus a Confectionary if you get one and 2 alchemists

DeletedUser27669

I'm going to give it a shot! Sounds like fun. Started Mini Mars on Parkog. I'll be looking for the guild soon.

Industrial Age before Winter Event 2016
jIdlZbS.jpg

Now that I have reached Industrial Age, I just don't have room for the larger goods buildings of the Industrial Age. I already had problems with not having enough room for the Porcelain I unlocked on the Continent Map. So, I eliminated the old goods buildings and replaced them with the Frauenkirche of Dresden. While the goods output is lower then other goods GBs, the added happy allows me to reduce the need for Happiness.

Additionally, the lowered need for population allowed me to remove a few houses and build a 3rd barrack. I also removed my Supply buildings. Once my army begins to fail, I'll return them. For now, tech lock relieves the need for more supplies. I did put one back but, it will have to go during the Winter Event. From tuttipizze's experience, It seems I will need to switch between army and supply making from here on out.

I hope to get two more Rogue Hideouts in the Winter Event and try the one barrack plus Rogue Hideouts army. I currently have one with two more, I can go one barrack plus 3 RH for most battles, switching to an unattached for bad match-ups. Plus, being able to remove 2 barracks will again lower pop needs and open space for other things, including a big goods building.

Doubleton - End of EMA

PprYrJk.jpg

The good news: the added population from moving the barracks and goods to the expansion allows 4 barracks and 3 goods buildings. The bad news: The other reason for so much population is I am having so much trouble getting Lighthouse and Babel blueprints. Normally, I have one or both built before entering High Middle Ages.

Start of Progressive Era
fhU1acg.jpg

I entered the Progressive Era a week ago, during the 2016 Winter Event. I managed to get a few more Rogue Hideouts and a Confectionery (and upgraded it to a Large one). The Large Confectionery will likely stay in my Inventory until the end of the next Winter Event and its upgrade to Huge.

Meanwhile, I collected a few more Alcatraz blueprints so, I am slowly gathering Supplies while I wait for the PE goods to come in for the Alcatraz. I have already worked out how to add the Alcatraz to the city. I'll have to sell Babel, a barrack, a Wishing Well, and all of my regular houses to fit it in.

DeletedUser10415

I have already worked out how to add the Alcatraz to the city. I'll have to sell Babel, a barrack, a Wishing Well, and all of my regular houses to fit it in.

I would think having a population GB would be of great use in a tiny town. Since you're getting rid of Babel to build Alcatraz, would you then eventually be replacing Dresden with Innovation Tower?

Also, why would you need more than one rogue hideout once you've got Alcatraz?

ITown

I feel like Alcatraz is too large to build in a tiny city. If you're playing with such a small city, I think you're better off with a TOR, which also gives unattached units and rogues (and uses half the space).

I also kinda feel like wishing wells are a waste of space.