• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Cup Feedback

DeletedUser16397

another absolute joke of an event, ABSOLUTE JOKE. thanks again inno for nothing but lies and another scam for players of the game! sorry but when the scam plays out over 7 worlds over and over we know its not random its a rigged scam. Again thanks for another JOKE of an event innogames

DeletedUser11609

Not impressed. As someone who is currently pushing thru EMA, these constant (Buy 5-7 forge points) tasks are absurd. I've gone from 500k to 120k and I'm not even close to the end of the task list, if they keep throwing these costly tasks, I may not finish at all.
Does Inno really think abusing the players will generate more sales?

RazorbackPirate

Not impressed. As someone who is currently pushing thru EMA, these constant (Buy 5-7 forge points) tasks are absurd. I've gone from 500k to 120k and I'm not even close to the end of the task list, if they keep throwing these costly tasks, I may not finish at all.
Does Inno really think abusing the players will generate more sales?

I have to agree with you here. I'm completely annoyed by the requirement to buy FPs. By my count, there are 30 FPs we are forced to buy if we want to complete the quests for this event. There are more provided as alternatives to other tasks, but at least I have a choice. I purposely do not buy FPs because of the constant cost increase. When I have extra coins, there are much more effective ways to turn them into FPs then buying them directly, that don't increase the cost of the next FP.

If the cost of each FP didn't increase with each one we buy, I would be ok with it. But being forced to do something for an event that results in a permanent cost increase, for me, is a bit over the line.

Last edited:

DeletedUser31882

I have to agree with you here. I'm completely annoyed by the requirement to buy FPs. By my count, there are 30 FPs we are forced to buy, if we want to complete the quests for this event. There are more provided as alternatives to other tasks, but at least I have a choice. I purposely do not buy FPs because of the constant cost increase. When I have extra coins, there are much more effective ways to turn them into FPs then buying them directly, that don't increase the cost of the next FP.

If the cost of each FP didn't increase with each one we buy, I would be ok with it. But being forced to do something for an event that results in a permanent cost increase, for me, is a bit over the line.

With buying FPs, as with anything else in life, I think the standard disclaimer applies.

All investments, are speculative in nature and involve substantial risk of loss. ... All investors are advised to fully understand all risks associated with any kind of investing they choose to do. Hypothetical or simulated performance is not indicative of future results.

And so it goes ...

~99% of quote courtesy of RazorbackPirate

To be frank, I take a bit of glee doing that. My apologies for indulging in reverse (inverse?) logic trolling.

Seriously though: I think me quoting your logic checks out as a counter-argument, especially considering your proposed change. Driving up the coin cost of one's FPs is similar to a player rushing up the tech tree, and becoming the victim of constant pillaging due to being the lowest ranked in the hood.

On the other hand, I agree (and appreciate you counting) that this event is heavy on the buying FP tasks. I personally find them annoying, as it their existence makes me very conservative in buying FPs with coins. I'm uncertain if that is Inno's intent, but I can see why players who drive up their coin/FP cost would have a heavy grievance with this event and speculate that Inno put them in to push diamond usage.

I wonder if using FP packs could count towards these tasks? I feel that could be an easier solution to keep the task and have a built in alternative, but it may make the tasks 'challenge' too easy/cut the revenue stream? *shrugs*

No sightings of a daily special Thanos upgrade yet. I wonder what the soccer fans think when they see the warehouse full of energy drinks and the soccer players standing around the blue goal for days on end...

Freshmeboy

So buying fps is a hard task....? It's one of the easiest to accomplish in terms of time and everybody can use fps, right...? I'm glad to see fp purchase as a task rather than be so battle heavy...it will help those early players who haven't opened pvp complete the whole event rather than punish them when GE is over or their guild doesn't open higher levels. Face it, every player will have some kind of gripe about some kind of task, the bottom line is these tasks are all outlined in wiki for your future planning...if you fail to use this resource during the event it will slow your progress or prevent you from completion. That's what this game is ABOUT....planning...

DeletedUser35475

Heck I buy them pretty regularly without this event. At least there is an alternative to buying them to complete the quest.

DeletedUser11609

Heck I buy them pretty regularly without this event. At least there is an alternative to buying them to complete the quest.
No, there is not, I assume you simply haven't moved thru enough quests, but by the time you hit 35 you'll have had at least 5 required fp buys, + a pay 57k
For the newer player, that's quite a lot of coin going down the drain quickly....

DeletedUser35475

No, there is not, I assume you simply haven't moved thru enough quests, but by the time you hit 35 you'll have had at least 5 required fp buys, + a pay 57k
For the newer player, that's quite a lot of coin going down the drain quickly....

You are right there are not always alternates. I suppose it depends on what they cost you. For some the 57k would be more than 5 fp's.

At least you can buy them 1 at a time over a day or 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

RazorbackPirate

To be frank, I take a bit of glee doing that. My apologies for indulging in reverse (inverse?) logic trolling.

Seriously though: I think me quoting your logic checks out as a counter-argument, especially considering your proposed change. Driving up the coin cost of one's FPs is similar to a player rushing up the tech tree, and becoming the victim of constant pillaging due to being the lowest ranked in the hood.

I don't mind you quoting me. It would have been better had it been applicable. But it's not. I didn't even propose a change, the only thing I'd like to see changed is for Inno to stop having Buy FPs tasks in the event quests. The reason I object is that doing so permanently increases the cost of the next FP.

In the examples you cited, they're both voluntary actions. If someone chooses to buy FPs and drives the cost up, so be it. No one forced them to do it. If someone rushes up the tech tree and gets plundered relentlessly, sucks for them, but no one forced them.

On the other hand, I agree (and appreciate you counting) that this event is heavy on the buying FP tasks. I personally find them annoying, as it their existence makes me very conservative in buying FPs with coins. I'm uncertain if that is Inno's intent, but I can see why players who drive up their coin/FP cost would have a heavy grievance with this event and speculate that Inno put them in to push diamond usage

If you're conservative, I'm not sure what you'd call me. The only time I ever buy a FP when I'm forced to by an Event Quest. So it's a philosophical objection anyway. The cost of my next FP is 4,500. It will be a whole lot of Events before it ever really impacts me.

Agent327

I didn't even propose a change

If the cost of each FP didn't increase with each one we buy, I would be ok with it.

If you're conservative, I'm not sure what you'd call me. The only time I ever buy a FP when I'm forced to by an Event Quest. So it's a philosophical objection anyway.

Same as pacifists object against the fighting. It is a part of the game that you can also get in the non-event questlines.

DeletedUser35475

In the 5 yrs I've been playing I'm still under 100K per cost of fp and only do so during events....I do recall once when I went overboard to take 1st place on a GB but buying only 10 @ a clip was a PITA ....this was way before easy access to fp spending ( mad props for the devs on that project )

My coins far outweigh supplies in every world .....events and timers on supplies really stymies the daily output !

I usually buy them 1 or 2 at a time to get to a round number for a donation. When I started playing I didn't realize the long term effect of buying them so I did go a little overboard and buy them for things I really did have to. Now it is only for a quest or the odd ones now and then.
I with you on the supplies. I have 2 cities and in both I have 3-4 times the coins compared to supplies.

DeletedUser29055

Give me more "buy fp" quests. Easiest quest ever. If you have trouble with coins, you need to work on your city. At one point, coins shouldn't be a problem anymore.

As for the coin increase - that's playing a game. Everything increases, teach tree, continent map advance, etc. And 50 coin increase is really not much and not comparable to either tech tree or map advance.

RazorbackPirate

Give me more "buy fp" quests. Easiest quest ever. If you have trouble with coins, you need to work on your city. At one point, coins shouldn't be a problem anymore.

As for the coin increase - that's playing a game. Everything increases, teach tree, continent map advance, etc. And 50 coin increase is really not much and not comparable to either tech tree or map advance.

I understand, but still never buy them. There's much better ways to turn extra coins in to FPs than buying them directly. End up in inventory too. Spend them when I want to. Only time I get them that way is to complete and Event Quest. Next one is 4500 coins, not like it's a big deal. Just annoying with the cost increase.

DeletedUser29055

Oh, what way are you thinking? Did i miss something? Except for unbirthing task, and those are not very efficient and require abundant supplies, too.

It’s all relative. I am almost at 200k cost for one point. Not a big deal if you have almost 300m of coins. There is no really other good use for coins, so an oocassion buying fp in the quest and to round fps needed, is okay.

Yes, st. Marks is essential imho, and creating situations for doing recurring quests.

OldTyme72

I'm sure a lot of people have already complained so I won't.

Ha. Just kidding. Just finished in Beta. Your seasonal events SUCK now. All that work doing 60+ quests only to win stuff I will never use.
Once you killed the Summer wheel I knew I had to at least complain a little bit. You need to go back to the way the events were....not give us events where we have .00005 % (Inno %) of winning something we actually need.

Color me disappointed.

Agent327

I'm sure a lot of people have already complained so I won't.

Ha. Just kidding. Just finished in Beta. Your seasonal events SUCK now. All that work doing 60+ quests only to win stuff I will never use.
Once you killed the Summer wheel I knew I had to at least complain a little bit. You need to go back to the way the events were....not give us events where we have .00005 % (Inno %) of winning something we actually need.

Color me disappointed.

This isn't a seasonal event.