• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Spring Event 2018 Feedback

DeletedUser26532

Ah is this harder than usual? It certainly seems more difficult that the previous few events. Though the carnival event certainly could suck up a lot of time if you babysat the pot.

This is purely anecdotal, but I would say yes.

I have bought/used diamonds only for the Summer event in 2016 when I first started playing to catch up on prizes I'd missed in years past. Excluding that event, ever one that I have played since January 2016 until present I've been able to get every event building I've been after. Usually with extras.

This event I'll be stunned to get one set of 5.

Given I managed two place and two fountain sets last summer without spending diamonds, and a full winter village set (with 3 extras) at Christmas, this suggests there is a mechanic making it more difficult.

Again, I may simply have hit bad luck (and statistically that was bound to happen eventually), but with THIS widespread complaining here and on Beta, it suggests that this event is harder than others.

DeletedUser32973

Interesting, someone mentioned a while back it might be a balance change to account for the sets you get in the DC. I'm not so sure about that, but it seems reasonable that it might be the case. For me the sets from DC are more 90% FP than anything else though ;). Can't wait for my diamond farms to get up to speed so I can burn a nice amount of free diamonds on good events since it's getting harder to get the grand prizes.

DeletedUser30900

62 sounds like a lot tasks but I've noticed that in one sitting you're able to knock out 3 or 4 before you get to the " stumper " i.e. gathering X amount of goods whilst standing on your head and attempt to spit a nickel into a milk jug or some other wacky quest like 50 24 hr production AND toss goods into Treasury ( doesn't say how much or what type, just donate ).....

INNO could do much better with the alternatives as well .... I'll never forget the alternative for obtaining a province was to donate 900 goods from your age .....900 ..... that's a big sacrifice or event stopper or whatever else you'd wish to call it
900 is a lot? My 3 days income if I’m done with GE. 2 days if I’m looting for FPs, they are just sub products

Algona

INNO could do much better with the alternatives as well .... I'll never forget the alternative for obtaining a province was to donate 900 goods from your age .....900 ..... that's a big sacrifice or event stopper or whatever else you'd wish to call it

That;s our fault. We asked INNO for alternate costs. They gave us alternate costs. It;s not INNOs fault that we didn;t ask for reasonable alternate costs...

One lesson we need to learn as a community. Any time we want a change in the game we need to ask for exactly what we want. Just pretend there;s a sadist at INNO who takes perverse joy in giving us what we ask for while screwing us as much as possible. Prolly laughs his ass off every time he reads something like what you said while saying, "I gave them what they asked for..."

Last edited:

DeletedUser29055

I don’t think that event is worse, only that players get more spoiled and complain. I got two upgrades and a sok so far, that equals 3 fps per day more which would be the same as a fully upgraded pillar. Not sure why that is bad? Why do players complain they inly got two upgrades? Because their expectations is inflated.

I do think that some of the amounts, like collect x number, donate x number are larger than previous events. And 60 quests are a lot for a casual player. But then, if you are a casual player, why complain, was your coice.

DeletedUser30900

I do think that some of the amounts, like collect x number, donate x number are larger than previous events. And 60 quests are a lot for a casual player. But then, if you are a casual player, why complain, was your coice.
These people don’t think this way. If they don’t get what they want when they “try hard”, they just automatically think it’s caused by INNO.

DeletedUser31436

Has anyone else experienced a less than successful attempt at retrieving ANY of the upgrades? I have 4 of 5, and 3 of my 4 FINALLY are upgraded (one being after the 7th quest). Every blossom tree gives me 1, 3 or 5 lanterns yet I hear of a few players getting 10; I’ve spent hundreds of lanterns yet have received only one upgrade (my only other upgrade happened when I did a Daily.) Playing the odds I should have a few more by now. I hear similar stories from my guild mates and friends so I’m not the only one.

What gives? Did Inno set the parameters too strictly on the game forcing us to get frustrated (as in no longer fun)? I saw one percentage at 5% for an upgrade to drop, another at 20%. If I get the 65 Lantern chests I should get 1 in 5... I’m 0 in 7 so far. :-(

DeletedUser31440

Has anyone else experienced a less than successful attempt at retrieving ANY of the upgrades? I have 4 of 5, and 3 of my 4 FINALLY are upgraded (one being after the 7th quest). Every blossom tree gives me 1, 3 or 5 lanterns yet I hear of a few players getting 10; I’ve spent hundreds of lanterns yet have received only one upgrade (my only other upgrade happened when I did a Daily.)

Upgrades have never been part of the DC's, an upgrade wasn't the reward for completing the 7th quest a building was, upgrades have only been available through chests. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have 3 upgrades you only could have gotten them through the chests.

Algona

Has anyone else experienced a less than successful attempt at retrieving ANY of the upgrades?

Why no, we;re 300 posts into this feedback thread and you;re the first person to say anything about not succeeding.

I guess that random chance dictates one person will have a bad Event.

DeletedUser27046

Oh great and wonderful genie !!! (Inno) my one wish would be that you give me what I want when I want it, all the time every time, then I won't have to play this game anymore. ;)

Don't look now, but there are Ninja's popping up all over the place.:eek:

DeletedUser31436

Upgrades have never been part of the DC's, an upgrade wasn't the reward for completing the 7th quest a building was, upgrades have only been available through chests. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have 3 upgrades you only could have gotten them through the chests.
7th quest gave the option... emperor entrance or upgrade. It's been so long since I won an upgrade I can't recall how I managed to get it. Point being Inno has it on lockdown and it's frustrating to play the game and keep losing. Even playing odds I should have one. I have plenty of motivation kits.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, guys, the snarky comments about how people playing this game are grifters who expect everything handed to them is NOT helpful. Inno asks for FEEDBACK on their events, and that's what people are doing. If you've got nothing better to do than diss people who find this particular event less than stellar, maybe you should go find another game to play to fill up your free time.

DeletedUser30900

You know, guys, the snarky comments about how people playing this game are grifters who expect everything handed to them is NOT helpful. Inno asks for FEEDBACK on their events, and that's what people are doing. If you've got nothing better to do than diss people who find this particular event less than stellar, maybe you should go find another game to play to fill up your free time.
I’m playing it right now :) game of sacarsm

DeletedUser31436

I do provide feedback. I was one actually looking forward to the Spring Event. What a let down though. If Inno persists the number of players may decline. Perhaps that is their goal.

DeletedUser28370

My problem was that if you were limited. I do not want to age up until MY objectives were met. But the way to get out of research, will use your inventory of goods up.
I also think that the prize for earning 250 whatever should change daily. I do not need most of the stuff as I and everyone else is imited to space. Our cities do not look like cities. Due to having to add SoK enough to make FP to get ahead.

DeletedUser31440

My problem was that if you were limited. I do not want to age up until MY objectives were met. But the way to get out of research, will use your inventory of goods up.
I also think that the prize for earning 250 whatever should change daily. I do not need most of the stuff as I and everyone else is imited to space. Our cities do not look like cities. Due to having to add SoK enough to make FP to get ahead.

You don't have to age up until your objectives are met, but Inno also doesn't have to cater the event to you. They want people to progress and they use events as a way to entice people to move up. Offering an alternative to research is a relatively new feature, they could just as easily remove it and force research to progress in events. There is nothing that forces you to build your city one way over another, but if you have trouble with events it may be a good indicator that the current setup isn't as good as you think it should be.